FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE has so much, why has there been no arrest? Do you all think it's still going to happen?
It seems to me that things are way too quiet. Is Michelle just going to end up another unsolved missing person?

I am a long time lurker on this forum and first time poster. <mod snip>......I think Dale definitely has something to do with her missing.

I remember awhile back someone posted something about him putting a bunch of pictures online the day she went missing?.....of other men? Can someone please repost that link? I want to take a look and see what exactly he put online.

I apologize....I've just been going through all the posts and cannot find it anywhere. TYI:seeya:

I am a long time lurker on this forum and first time poster. <mod snip>......I think Dale definitely has something to do with her missing.

I remember awhile back someone posted something about him putting a bunch of pictures online the day she went missing?.....of other men? Can someone please repost that link? I want to take a look and see what exactly he put online.

I apologize....I've just been going through all the posts and cannot find it anywhere. TYI:seeya:

:wagon:

I have always wondered if she didn't accidently leave her phone at his house and when her brother texted that he may have sent that reply text... then when she didn't come back on his way to his parents he chucked it in the river. IMO

OK was the text made while her phone was moving west in a direction toward DS2?? or was it made while in his condo??

I've been out of the country for a week without internet and have a lot of reading to do :eek:nline:

But I feel so sad that here it is Christmas and Michelle's children are dealing with NOT having their mother there with them....and also that the twins are not living with their 11 year brother anymore.

Just thought of something......Dale didn't react when the press said they found Michelle in a lake (this was awhile back when he was going in to court for the custody hearing if I am mistaken please correct me)
Anyway, I thought it was odd how he didn't give a reaction AT ALL.......could this be because he knows she's NOT in a lake? Seems to me, if he placed the body in water....this comment by a reporter would have drawn some sort of reaction from him.

Just a thought.............It is crazy that they haven't found her yet. Still seems so unreal...

Just thought of something......Dale didn't react when the press said they found Michelle in a lake (this was awhile back when he was going in to court for the custody hearing if I am mistaken please correct me)
Anyway, I thought it was odd how he didn't give a reaction AT ALL.......could this be because he knows she's NOT in a lake? Seems to me, if he placed the body in water....this comment by a reporter would have drawn some sort of reaction from him.

Just a thought.............It is crazy that they haven't found her yet. Still seems so unreal...

Welcome Chloe,

<mod snip> I agree about him not putting her in water, I posted a few pages back that I think it was too much trouble and a risk to be seen near water or any where out in the open. I am guessing near woods, or someplace abandoned, or not easy to see a person at night. I think she will be found close to his condo too. Anyway, thanks for posting our prayers are with all of her friends and of course her family.

Welcome.

The pictures that members found posted online after Michelle went missing, IIRC, has nothing to do with Dale.

I thought the reporter (Kathy Belich) was addressing the comment about Michelle being in the lake was to Dale, Sr.

I thought the reporter (Kathy Belich) was addressing the comment about Michelle being in the lake was to Dale, Sr.

Hi Patty, thank you for clarifying that about the pictures.....wasn't it him that put them online though? Are you sure they have nothing to do with her missing? Were they pictures of his freinds etc?

Also, I think you are correct about the comment being made to Sr........my memory is all juggled up these days! lol I still feel the same point would apply to him as well if he had something to do with it. She is the mother of his grandchildren......complete lack of emotion is a bit odd. I feel he knows where she is....

Thank you!! Big fan of your posts Patty G!:seeya:

Hi Patty, thank you for clarifying that about the pictures.....wasn't it him that put them online though? Are you sure they have nothing to do with her missing? Were they pictures of his freinds etc?

Also, I think you are correct about the comment being made to Sr........my memory is all juggled up these days! lol I still feel the same point would apply to him as well if he had something to do with it. She is the mother of his grandchildren......complete lack of emotion is a bit odd. I feel he knows where she is....

Thank you!! Big fan of your posts Patty G!:seeya:

Your welcome and thanks for following my posts.

From what was uncovered regarding the photos, it was not Dale that put the pictures online.

I did not look at the photos, but followed the posts and how the situation went down. It was clearly a mistake regarding these photos and I believe all reference to those photos were removed and the subject was closed regarding the photos.

IMO, the reporters where really taunting Dale, Sr., on his way back to his vehicle with his wife, and his reaction may not be want we want from him or from his wife.

Again, IMO, Kathy over-stepped the line when she said what she said about "Michelle body possibly being found in the lake" as she was clearly trying to get a reaction from Dale, Sr.

Ok, the picture thing makes sense now....that's why I couldn't find it anywhere! I appreciate the explanation.

I agree, Kathy did cross the line with that comment and different people react in different ways when put in a situation as stressful as a media bombardment.

This silence is killing me though.....seemed like everyone was on a roll and now it's so quiet.

From what was uncovered regarding the photos, it was not Dale that put the pictures online.

I did not look at the photos, but followed the posts and how the situation went down. It was clearly a mistake regarding these photos and I believe all reference to those photos were removed and the subject was closed regarding the photos.

IMO, the reporters where really taunting Dale, Sr., on his way back to his vehicle with his wife, and his reaction may not be want we want from him or from his wife.

Again, IMO, Kathy over-stepped the line when she said what she said about "Michelle body possibly being found in the lake" as she was clearly trying to get a reaction from Dale, Sr.

Some that may have had some thoughts on Sr and/or *possibly* being suspicious of him definitely were NOT just thoughts pulled out of thin air.. IOW Sr was in no way targeted early on.. But I'll give a perfect example of why suspicion seemed to be around the man.. His going on national television and making a statement of "his son was with him the whole time she was supposedly missing".. now I'm quite certain some will argue that the statement isn't odd, strange, *suspicious*.. To each their own, but to a good majority the statement is odd and does make ya scratch your head a bit at what and how the man states this giving his 40yr old son an alibi for the entirety of Michelle "supposedly" missing.. It alone and by itself does not lead to the conclusion of being suspicious of his being involved in the disappearance of Michelle.. It alone was just plain odd..*

Naa.. That's not what lead to there being real suspicion of Sr.. Nope that occurred very soon there after when LE/SWAT TEAM, fully armed with guns drawn, flash bangs ignited, tear gas emitted, and the door literally busted from it's hinges as they executed a judicially issued search warrant of Dale Sr.'s main residence and property.. Also in tow were cadaver dogs used within the execution of that warrant..*

Unlike how some have stated this was done with no good reason however the factual, truth of the matter could not be farther from "no good reason".. In fact LE had upon them a burden of proof that must meet the threshold of warranting a judge to issue and sign the document allowing LE to execute this search warrant, in this manner, on Dale Smith Sr.'s home.. Also having the burden of proof on them to prove there are valid grounds for their having cadaver dogs brought to the scene and used during the execution of this warrant..
This waaaaaay far exceeds invalid claims of "no good reason" and shows in fact there must be evidence presented to the judge to warrant their searching and using extremely "hard entry" onto said property and abode.

I know for me personally it was this event that forced me to take notice of Dale Sr and with that the question of could it be possible that this man had either or both of the following:
-Direct role in the disappearance(likely murder) and disposal of Michelle Parker.. As well as *direct role after-the-fact covering up that murder..
-OR-
-Does he have knowledge of any of the ^above^ and/or gave himself as an alibi for the times in which any of the ^above^ occurred.

Those are very legit and appropriate questions that come to many people's minds when seeing such a develop unfold in a case.. IOW there isnt even so much as a hint of a witch hunt going on where either of the Smith males are concerned, nor are there being giant leaps taken in drawing these ^above^ detailed conclusions as very real questions are warranted when such suspicious and some even quite telling developments have occurred in this case.

I personally did not read posts that were right off the bat(when the case first hit the media) calling for Sr.'s head and claiming he had a hand in killing and disposing of Michelle.. It was his strange/odd statement he made on national tv with his "supposedly Michelle was missing" comments that made me, personally say to myself that's a strange way of putting it.. But I, personally had no further thoughts at that time about Sr or his involvement.. Again, that came very soon thereafter with the extremely "hard entry" search warrant executed.. Only then did I conclude that it was very possible that this man may have either involvement or direct knowledge of the obvious murder/disposal of Michelle Parker.. There's no jumping to conclusions going on here where Sr is concerned.. The suspicion is warranted and there is good reason for it.. It's not inappropriate, nor is "closed-minded".. It's using everyday common sense and drawing a logical conclusion.. No rocket science necessary.. But it is based on facts and not emotion or gut instinct..*

As always to each their own but there definitely is not any unfair suspicions where Dale Wayne Smith Sr is concerned and definitely not where his son is concerned..

As always tho this is jmo!!

Excellent post Smooth. I, like you, came to the conclusion that DS Sr was likely somehow involved in pretty much the same way. The strange alibi comment and then the raid. I also see him as a sarcastic, and non caring individual when it comes to the subject of Michelle's disappearance. His smart azz comments after the raid, during the walk from the courthouse etc.

When I first heard the rumour on that radio show about him taking his boat out the day after Michelle went missing and LE were searching that lake possibly as a result of a tip that he was in that area with a boat, my first reaction, based on my opinion of him, was..."she's not in that lake, or any lake for that matter". He seems like someone who likes to play games and taking out that boat was just a diversionary game to him IMO.

It is odd to me that on the very next day that the mother of the children, who were in their care at the time, goes missing, the father of those children goes to "work" miles away and the grandfather goes out with his boat. Both men had likely already been questioned by LE at this point so they had to know the focus was on one or both of them. It seemed more like a look this way...no look that way type of scenario. Both of those men acted very peculiarily that day. For a reason IMO. To throw off the search for Michelle. To give LE some alternate thoughts and locations to look at rather than just the obvious, within a few miles of the crime scene. Question is...where is the crime scene? If the cadaver dogs have not hit on anything in either home or any vehicle or boat associated with either of them, was she still alive before meeting her fate wherever she may have been left?

For those that think this may have been premeditated, I can't help but think of the Summer Inman case. A young mother, killed by her ex and his parents because she dared to move on and seek custody of the children. A bumbling crime for sure with lots of errors and circumstantial evidence but the body would not ever have been found if not for the mother-in-law cracking under the pressure. And considering they killed her and disposed of her within minutes, no cadaver evidence was present either.

MOO

BBM

But you think she would have gotten a reaction from the grandfather of the children in his care if their mother was found in a lake. Why didn't she?

MOO

BBM

But you think she would have gotten a reaction from the grandfather of the children in his care if their mother was found in a lake. Why didn't she?

MOO

Not everyone is going to stop, turn around and face the reporters like George Anthony did when the media was hounding him about Caylee being in the back of Casey car as George and Cindy were going to visit Casey in jail.

I look at it this way, if the media tried to be more personable with the Smith, Sr. family, maybe they would have stopped and chatted with the reporters. IMO

If someone attacks me with words, I have two options, react by attacking back with words, or walk away.

Not everyone is going to stop, turn around and face the reporters like George Anthony did when the media was hounding him about Caylee being in the back of Casey car as George and Cindy were going to visit Casey in jail.

I look at it this way, if the media tried to be more personable with the Smith, Sr. family, maybe they would have stopped and chatted with the reporters. IMO

If someone attacks me with words, I have two options, react by attacking back with words, or walk away.

Yes but on the day in question, everyone knew that there was a search going on at a nearby lake while the custody proceedings were taking place. If any of Michelle's family had been told at that moment that she had been found in the lake, you would have gotten a shocked or horrified reaction out of them. When DS's family is told this, or rather questioned what they thought of it, they give no reaction. I would think that comment would have stopped them in their tracks and they would have responded with an "OMG, tell me what you've heard" response regardless of how much they felt they were being hounded by the media at that time. It would just seem like a normal reaction from anyone who had no idea what had happened and were desperate for answers. DS's family just does not seem desperate for answers IMO.

So DS has a conviction from the death of the man that he and those younger guys participated in, is that a felony?

Does he have any other felonies?

I think the report should press charges and hopefully it would be a felony.

Then hopefully he will be charged with something in Michelle's case (or even something unrelated) that would be a felony. Wouldn't that make 3 strikes and he would be subject to the 3 strikes rule and be given a lengthy sentence.

If they can't get him for Michelle's murder then I want to see this happen. That reporter would be helping Michelle's family by pressing charges.

I hope DS screws up again (and he will) and gets sent to prison for a loooooong time. Just like OJ who got cocky and really effed up by doing that robbery in the hotel.

Yes Dale Jr has felonies. I believe three felonies. you can find them here. http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/default.aspx

If LE has so much, why has there been no arrest? Do you all think it's still going to happen?
It seems to me that things are way too quiet. Is Michelle just going to end up another unsolved missing person?

IMO LE owes us nothing. "WE" as in the public are not privy to what LE has for a reason.

LE will make sure they have all their ducks in a row before they make an arrest.

It's not enough to have enough to arrest someone. You need to have enough to convict them. Once someone is arrested the clock starts ticking and they have the right to a speedy trial. If the prosecution is not prepared to go to trial and the defendant is acquitted then double jeapordy applies and they cant ever be tried again for that crime. Prosecutors get one shot and they want enough to convict before making an arrest. Also, while a body is not needed to prosecute someone for murder, it is preferred. Some prosecutors refuse to bring a no body case to trial.

It's not enough to have enough to arrest someone. You need to have enough to convict them. Once someone is arrested the clock starts ticking and they have the right to a speedy trial. If the prosecution is not prepared to go to trial and the defendant is acquitted then double jeapordy applies and they cant ever be tried again for that crime. Prosecutors get one shot and they want enough to convict before making an arrest. Also, while a body is not needed to prosecute someone for murder, it is preferred. Some prosecutors refuse to bring a no body case to trial.

DAs only typically take a case if there is a high probability of a conviction. I think they could have enough for an arrest but with speedy trial and lack of convicting evidence (DNA, witness, confession, etc), it is probably too high of a risk to arrest at this juncture. They do not want another CA fiasco and to be left with more egg on the face. So they proceed slow and cautiously.

My faith that this will be solved soon is waning. If Michelle was brought into the middle of woods without anyone seeing, this could be another unsolved mystery. I pray it's not the case...

Something about this case isn't sitting well with me. Prior to the phone being found everyone (LE, Michelle's family, etc, etc) seemed to be gung ho pursuing leads left and right, dive searches, subpoenas, and more. Now it seems LE keeps "checking" the phone for more evidence and Michelle's family is off on the "next" fundraiser. I'm not judging her family at all. Never been through what they have...but am I the only one baffled by all of this?

Why such a drastic change after finding the phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie