Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
try watching that footage silently... there looks like real grief on GBC face.... I feel really sad and really confused right now

That was no faking, he is grieving for his daughters I think. Those poor darlings, it is so unfair!!!

I think the grief is seeing the pain it has caused his children.

Good point, I don't know if we ever were able to confirm how he made contact with the police, sorry, I shouldn't have said that... I know there's been a lot of discussion but not sure if anyone found a link confirming it...

Surely though if he was absolutely not involved and was assissting police with what he knew, then they'd make it clear that he was not a POI, surely if he was really innocent they'd make an effort to protect his reputation? The police have never said that he isn't a POI.

I was thinking about that, even before I came back and saw your post. I don't know. In the best interest of the case, maybe they would want whoever was guilty to assume GBC is the POI and not to tip them off that the police are actually watching them.. I believe that does/has happened before.. But who knows. theres always 2 ways to look at things I guess.

Oh man, that photo just got me. Just heartbreaking. We need to find whoever did this for the sake of ABCs friends and family. Just devastating. Wish there was something I could do to help. ;(

I could see the same, minni. I think I just need to have a big cry and walk away from this for a while. Too heartbreaking :therethere:

For sure I reckon!!! They would make it very clear that he isn't a POI... The QPS are keeping pretty quiet aren't they??!!! Frustrating!!!!

Not necessarily, the way i look at it. Strategy as someone else mentioned, can come into play to get the person they are after. If it benefits the case to make it look one way on the surface so that they can do what they need to make a case against someone and not tip them off. Hey he might not care if thats what it takes.

I have to be honest and say I feel very sorry for him if he is innocent. Many in the community have not afforded him much compassion because of perceived guilt. (Not saying he is or isnt)

I was thinking about that, even before I came back and saw your post. I don't know. In the best interest of the case, maybe they would want whoever was guilty to assume GBC is the POI and not to tip them off that the police are actually watching them.. I believe that does/has happened before.. But who knows. theres always 2 ways to look at things I guess.

Yep who knows! A good reminder to keep an open mind and be sensitive in our remarks because really, we just don't know.

His emotion does seem genuine, but what emotion is he feeling? Sadness, grief, regret? That look on his face could mean many different things.

If he was involved in some way, and it was not premeditated, he could be feeling genuine loss and remorse for what has happened.

His emotion does seem genuine, but what emotion is he feeling? Sadness, grief, regret? That look on his face could mean many different things.

If he was involved in some way, and it was not premeditated, he could be feeling genuine loss and remorse for what has happened.

The only person who could answer that is him

Surely though if he was absolutely not involved and was assissting police with what he knew, then they'd make it clear that he was not a POI, surely if he was really innocent they'd make an effort to protect his reputation? The police have never said that he isn't a POI.

I agree Shelbinator - and also surely he would have gone and searched for his wife - I can't get past that bit, I'm hurt on her behalf? Even if he was told not to search, why wasn't he at the showgrounds which was central to everything, with her parents? I don't want it to be him, but he isn't making it easy for us!

Agree. I believe a person would/could still feel grief and loss over something they did that was not meant to happen, think you'd be in a pretty awful situation(though in my mind if thats the case you'd be better of to be honest about it and not let it go on) You know the longer this case drags out I am really beginning to wonder about there being more to it and his innocence.. I agree the funeral footage did look like absolute, honest grief and devestation. Maybe until now he had been holding it in for the kids, trying to keep strong. and as can often be the way, the funeral is the first real chance to let it out.

I agree Shelbinator - and also surely if he would have gone and searched for his wife - I can't get past that bit, I'm hurt on her behalf? Even if he was told not to search, why wasn't he at the showgrounds which was central to everything, with her parents? I don't want it to be him, but he isn't making it easy for us!

who knows. Could be reasons. I know what it looks like to the outside.

OMG! My heartaches.....GBC really does look devastated and those little girls faces say a thousand words......Very Very sad indeed.

Looks like guilt and gosh I really hope he IS innocent for his daughters' sakes, but some people are also really good actors. I have seen other footage of a husband (can't remember who now) holding the hand of his mother-in-law at his wife's funeral, crying crocodile tears and doing a damn fine job of looking grief-stricken. Turned out he was the killer! Imagine how the family felt looking back at the funeral!
Maybe GBD's pain is for his girls or maybe it is the pain of regret for what he has done to them, his family and to himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail