Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still feel deep down he's in involved but they haven't arrested him yet!! It's getting confusing reading everyone else's thoughts too lol... And what if he really didn't do it?? I'm gonna feel pretty awful for being so against him.... I guess really, innocent until proven guilty........ But still I think he did ......

I am still not convinced he is innocent....watching the footage behind the hearse was a little clearer why I am not.....There was no eye contact or displays of affection or compassion between the Dickies and GBC...Did anyone else notice this?? For every funeral I have been to " A touch, hug or kiss or at least an acknowledgement is given to the husband by the Parents....If he and Allison were truley in love at the final stages of her life without and major problems The Dickies would of ackknowledged him whilst he was crying and emotional as he looked...i know they were watching over the girls but I still think if they were speaking they would of reached out??? IMO...?

Keep an open mind. Strategy? Does an SC advise on that? Sunglasses are off. Does anyone know if the results of the toxicology report were ever released?

Being the Devil's advocate here: Maybe this is why he wanted a public funeral with the press, coverage etc etc...so he could put on a show...as mentioned in a previous post, grief could be for many things.

IMHO, this was not premeditated. I believe it was a domestic quarrell that went terribly wrong. It probably blew out of proportion because the kids were not around. We all show restraint in our arguments/fights with our partners when the kids are within ear shot.

For the sake of those beautiful children I truly hope and pray that I am totally wrong.

I agree with you, and I think if it wasnt premeditated he would still feel guilty.

Keep an open mind. Strategy? Does an SC advise on that? Sunglasses are off. Does anyone know if the results of the toxicology report were ever released?

The police havent issued a cause of death, that doesnt mean that they dont know it.

Even if he is squeaky clean, the talk about his infidelity would make his in-laws less than impressed ...

Has anyone else noticed the real shift today on this thread re GBC's potential guilt to potential innocence? I can't see anything that has changed in the last 24 hours in what is been released to the public, other than the funeral today.

My opinion for this shift is that he looks human today, he looks like he cared about Allison, he is facing this head on. IF he did this from the get go, if he appeared to have been concerned, if he showed just in the slightest that he loved his wife, that he was concerned about her welfare, that he actually wanted her to come home then the general population wouldn't feel negativity towards him...

Yes we all handle things in our own way, there is no right or wrong, we have all been brought up differently and have different values BUT I personally cannot get past his behaviour, he appears to be disrespectful of Allison IMO that does not prove guilt, not at all, but he doesn't seem like a bloke I'd want to shout a beer at the pub... But yes today I genuinely feel for him.

What channel do you think will have the best coverage at 6??? 7 or 9???
( have a docs appt so have to record the news!)

Even if he is squeaky clean, the talk about his infidelity would make his in-laws less than impressed ...

Agreed. My thoughts too. if they knew what he'd been up to(if its fact) or if this led to Allisons death(but not by his hand)..Then yeah they would likely be pretty angry and not too impressed.

I agree with you, and I think if it wasnt premeditated he would still feel guilty.

Let's take the emotion away for a moment and start again. We all pray daddy didn't do it. Who knows what games are being played but one thing is certain Allison was murdered. RIP allison

ah come on everyone, the guy recently lost a Lexus, he going to have to grieve at some point.

LOL my first laugh about this case.

And very true, you know when you do drama class they tell you to think back to something painful to help with the tears, maybe that helped.

Has anyone else noticed the real shift today on this thread re GBC's potential guilt to potential innocence? I can't see anything that has changed in the last 24 hours in what is been released to the public, other than the funeral today.

I agree, and it's freaking me out!

I am still not convinced he is innocent....watching the footage behind the hearse was a little clearer why I am not.....There was no eye contact or displays of affection or compassion between the Dickies and GBC...Did anyone else notice this?? For every funeral I have been to " A touch, hug or kiss or at least an acknowledgement is given to the husband by the Parents....If he and Allison were truley in love at the final stages of her life without and major problems The Dickies would of ackknowledged him whilst he was crying and emotional as he looked...i know they were watching over the girls but I still think if they were speaking they would of reached out??? IMO...?

Anyone notice he wasn't a pallbearer? Dunno about you guys but it's pretty normal in my experience for the 6 men closest to the deceased to carry them as a sign of respect.

So why not?

Better photo op to walk behind with kids?

Sense of deja vu?

Other men sure as hell weren't going to let him near her?

Anyone notice he wasn't a pallbearer? Dunno about you guys but it's pretty normal in my experience for the 6 men closest to the deceased to carry them as a sign of respect.

So why not?

Better photo op to walk behind with kids?

Sense of deja vu?

Other men sure as hell weren't going to let him near her?

I think that today it was far more important to be with the girls than being a pallbearer.

My opinion for this shift is that he looks human today, he looks like he cared about Allison, he is facing this head on. IF he did this from the get go, if he appeared to have been concerned, if he showed just in the slightest that he loved his wife, that he was concerned about her welfare, that he actually wanted her to come home then the general population wouldn't feel negativity towards him...

Yes we all handle things in our own way, there is no right or wrong, we have all been brought up differently and have different values BUT I personally cannot get past his behaviour, he appears to be disrespectful of Allison IMO that does not prove guilt, not at all, but he doesn't seem like a bloke I'd want to shout a beer at the pub... But yes today I genuinely feel for him.

Thanks for your post. Not harping on this, but just wanted to say, there have been instances in other cases where the husband did all the right things, cried crocodile tears(as they say).. pleaded with the wife tocome home. And turns out they were the perpertrator..so its not necessarily an indicator. But I hear what you are saying. (I too thought it was odd at the press conference the Dickies did when Allison was not long missing, that he was not there and pleading for her to return and that I don't think they mentioned much about him it was for themselves and Allisons kids)

Another thing I've been pondering on is, what would I do if I was Allison's sister or mother? I don't think I could keep quiet - by now I would have eyeballed GBC and insisted that he look me in the eye and tell me whether or not he had anything to do with it or if he knows anything. I could not let it go and I couldn't just not say anything to him. I feel for them so much.

What would you do? Wouldn't it be difficult?

Not sure if you are meaning me in particular. I have always been open minded to the thought he could be innocent and there was possibly more to it. Particularly the longer things have dragged out. I am hoping he is. I sway back and forth sometimes. Cause I guess we don't know. And I've tried to steer clear of outright accusing and treating as fact that he did.

I have just been speaking to my Friend who is a Seargent and he seems to think that if the Police did not have any evidence by now that links to the crime the Police would of come out and told the public that he was not a POI.....He also said that Media Speculation and Community Gossip was another reason to announce he was not POI because this can play out in Jury Selection and court proceedings.

I asked if he thought he was guilty...He said " The Queensland Police would know everything about him at the moment, There is no reason to not say he was POI if his background was clean".......I took it to mean..."There must be something fishy?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail