AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
First: so sorry you had to endure such a rough upbringing.

Second: to piggyback off of your post with my own first hand experience; another reason a child may keep quiet about abuse is because no matter how much a parent hurts them, the child still loves their parent(s), unconditionally. They hold on to a tiny sliver of hope that if they're good enough, one day the abuse will stop and they'll be a happy, loving family. At least that was my reasoning, at times.

Thank you... I too am so sorry for your pain. It is a club who's number of members should be far less than they are.

I totally agree with what you said... those 30 minutes when my mom actually showed love and concern for me can only be compared to feeling like I had been in prison my entire life and suddenly I was released into a tropical paradise with a new lease and hope on life... obviously THAT hope was quickly squashed.

It was at that point that I realized my mom should have never had children and that she would never love me the way a parent should love their child. She treated me & my sister that way for the rest of her life... but my brother who is a total screw up & never called or saw her unless I paid for and arranged his visits... he walked on water & could do no wrong as far as my mom was concerned. :banghead:

When my son was 4 years old he asked me why "gram" didn't love me like the way I love him. It broke my heart because my sweet son felt bad for me but at the same time it made me grateful that my child could tell the difference between a good parent and one who is not.

Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as we know 5/30 at 7:30pm is the last confirmed BW is alive and well when she left her mother's home.

All subsequent communication, until we hear differently, could have been by text message and therefore, not written by BW.

Cell Phone Pings

Do they track pings by the "actual" phone or by the "sim card"?

Example: If BW changed sim cards...would LE still be able to track her phone?

I haven't had luck finding that exact info by googling.

Cell Phone Pings

Call the cell phone provider of the phone you are trying to ping. Tell them the account you wish to access and give them the information they request, such as an address, in order to verify that you are allowed to access this information. Once cleared, the provider will be able to tell you the last tower the cell phone signalled from. This will help you narrow down the phone owner's current location.

Read more: How to Ping a Cell Phone | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5942191_ping-cell-phone.html#ixzz1yvm9cOS9

A Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) card is a portable memory chip used mostly in cell phones that operate on the Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) network. These cards hold the personal information of the account holder, including his or her phone number, address book, text messages, and other data. When a user wants to change phones, he or she can usually easily remove the card from one handset and insert it into another. SIM cards are convenient and popular with many users, and are a key part of developing cell phone technology.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-sim-card.htm

Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as we know 5/30 at 7:30pm is the last confirmed BW is alive and well when she left her mother's home.

All subsequent communication, until we hear differently, could have been by text message and therefore, not written by BW.

[Yes, I self-quoted.]

If 5/30 at 7:30pm IS NOT the last confirmed BW is alive and well, then when was it, with whom and why aren't LE forthcoming with this information? Or forthcoming with much of any information?

Frustrating case with revolting revelations!

Cell Phone Pings

One of the biggest advantages of SIM cards is that they can easily be removed from one mobile phone and used in any other compatible phone to make a call....

There is a female on interstate 40 in Tennessee trying to get a ride. My phone signal is in and out but my net is working. (strange) anyway, she is on I-40 near Dixon, TN. She is on the east side of the interstate near mile marker 168. She is wearing a tank top, shorts and has a blueish colored bag. Can someone call this in?

My cell signal isn't working or I would. I have two carriers. One for cell, one for net. My net is working but I can't make calls from my pad. Damn this frustrates me. This girl has darker blond hair about halfway down her back. It's pulled up on the sides and hanging in the back.

Post it on the hometown search page let them call it in
Want me to do it?

My cell signal isn't working or I would. I have two carriers. One for cell, one for net. My net is working but I can't make calls from my pad. Damn this frustrates me. This girl has darker blond hair about halfway down her back. It's pulled up on the sides and hanging in the back.

Who saw her?

One of the biggest advantages of SIM cards is that they can easily be removed from one mobile phone and used in any other compatible phone to make a call....

With any phone and any carrier?

For example - say I have a Verizon iPhone, my contract runs out and I purchase an AT&T prepaid card to use in my Verizon issued iPhone. Would that work or would I have to purchase a Verizon prepaid card?

Sorry - my brain totally shuts down when I try to listen to or read anything about electronic devices or equipment... all I "hear" is the teacher from Peanuts, "wah wah wah wah, wah wah wah"...

Conversely, you can instruct me to read & report back about any medically related topic or theoretical physics and I'll be happily engrossed for hours.

:floorlaugh:

Calling now.

Thank you. Sorry my phone is a piece of garbage today. Uggg when you need something to work it doesn't, that's how my luck is.

Praying this is Britt, if not, then someone who needs to find their way home.

For example - say I have a Verizon iPhone, my contract runs out and I purchase an AT&T prepaid card to use in my Verizon issued iPhone. Would that work or would I have to purchase a Verizon prepaid card?

Sorry - my brain totally shuts down when I try to listen to or read anything about electronic devices or equipment... all I "hear" is the teacher from Peanuts, "wah wah wah wah, wah wah wah"...

Conversely, you can instruct me to read & report back about any medically related topic or theoretical physics and I'll be happily engrossed for hours.

Some cell phone carriers lock their handsets; this means they will only work with SIM cards from that carrier. This is especially common in the US, where service providers sell the handsets at a discount in exchange for the consumer signing a long-term contract for service. Handsets can be unlocked with the right code, however, although the exact process varies by manufacturer and model. Any SIM card can be used with an unlocked phone. Phones without a card, or with one that is not compatible, can typically only be used for emergency calls.

From what I understand "no" u less it's jail broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member