TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the day before Haileys disappearance like?
Do we have any details about Christmas and the 26th.
I was thinking of a mysterious gift? a 'special' call?
What was SA like toward mom and daughter.

If LE had even one confirmed sighting of Hailey at any time on the day she disappeared or since, I am sure that they would have said so by now. Why? Their public image in regard to this investigation is the pitts!

An entire week was spent publicly admitting they hadn't a clue what happened to Hailey and claiming that she had lied in order to run away. They completely neglected to pursue available avenues of electronic investigation and refused to organize any widespread searches, leaving it to mothers and fathers in the community to do it without LE guidance.

If they had one shred of physical or even circumstantial evidence that Hailey left that house alive, they would proclaim it loud and clear!:twocents:

All My Opinion Only! (MOO)
the road they live on is not realy that much of a used road, tho i use it every now and then. the road that leads to the motel used to have nothing on it after a couple blocks from her home, theres a couple of blocks after her home that have houses and after that theres empty fields, i think that might be why theres no sightings no telling tho. i do know as this all started i thought that she was a runaway, but as soon as i found out she didnt bring anything with her i had a bad feeling about it, kids have ran before wihtout taking anythng and it is very possible but as a teen i was a runaway and i didnt dare leave without what was important to me.

If my daughter was missing, I would be so worried about others in my family.
Unless I had a good idea of what happened...........

In Laci P case I remember an elderly lady that said she saw Laci take a walk IIRC,
but it was her memory playing tricks on her. She had seen Laci P walk her dog so often everyday at the same time. It was not true. I myself am bad at times and dates.
Heck, I have to look at computer to see what day of week it is!

I had to look to see what day it was this morning, lol. I was a day behind as usual.

I checked and so far no scanner link for Hailey.........have any locals checked their scanners if they have them.........post at scanner chatter in basement. TIA

Finally caught up from about 9:30 last night.

So first off, here is the map...
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...0.104456&t=h&z=14&iwloc=0004992e39a7c915091bd

I added the landfill and the route form Snyder (SA's former employer) to Big Spring (SA's parents' residence)

Someone mentioned thinking that SA hasn't lawyered up because he does not have much financial means. While I may be wrong, I think, just basing this on the size of his parents' house, I think his parents have money. Since he appears to have a relationship with his parents, as in he is reported to have gone there after he left work on the 27th, I can't imagine a parents not doing whatever they could for their son. But as I said, this is just speculation on my part.

The video showing investigators in the shed was definitely shot from behind the house at 1804 Chestnut (Billie's house), as many of the same indicators, such as carport type structure/porch awning coming off the back of the house and down trees are identical to that in the Google Street View photos.

The privacy fence that people are questioning only goes from the left side of the house, as you are facing the front of the house and back, so only blocking 2 sides of the backyard. The 2 open sides are the side that runs parallel to 18th Street and the back, which runs along the alley way. The shed in question can be seen vaguely in Google Street View.

And before I leave - here is Amanadareckonwith's PB case archive album link for Hailey -

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Hailey Dunn -TX-/?start=all

10511room2.jpg

I hadn't seen those photos of Hailey's room. I wonder where they were pulled from. Is this Hailey's room at Billie's house or Clint's house? I assume Billie's but it doesn't say. A couple of things struck me...

1 ~ the mattress on the floor, is it common for kids to not have their mattress on a bed frame? I am so anal about things like that that I find it a bit odd, though it may not be to many

2 ~ the color of the room, it reminded me of Zahra and the color of her room, when I saw it, I was struck with sadness for both sweet girls

10511room2.jpg

I hadn't seen those photos of Hailey's room. I wonder where they were pulled from. Is this Hailey's room at Billie's house or Clint's house? I assume Billie's but it doesn't say. A couple of things struck me...

1 ~ the mattress on the floor, is it common for kids to not have their mattress on a bed frame? I am so anal about things like that that I find it a bit odd, though it may not be to many

2 ~ the color of the room, it reminded me of Zahra and the color of her room, when I saw it, I was struck with sadness for both sweet girls

I do not think it uncommon for a teen to sleep on a matress on the floor. I had many friends that did that, though that was YEARS ago. However, what strikes me as strange is that there are no sheets on the mattress. I am wondering if this is a recent photo.

A few had questioned whether or not Hailey had lived in the house on Chestnut. I personally think that they have been there at least a few years. Reason being that is also the only address that we have been able to come up with online for Clint, as well as Billie. I figured out which house Clint was now living in, but can find nothing online that ties him to that residence or to verify the actual house number.

Why doesn't the poor child have a proper bed??
all my children have a box spring and frame, although a lot came form freecycle and aren't the prettiest :( that makes me sad for her :(

Here are my thoughts on the shed:

It could possibly be used as a hangout or private area for Hailey, sort of like a clubhouse. When I was her age I would have loved a spot like that to read in (this was prior to internet). She may also be able to pick up a neighbors WiFi from that spot, which could explain why she would hang out in the back yard with her "phone", as reported by a neighbor. The neighbor could have confused her Ipod with a phone if they aren't familiar with those devices. We know she had some access to FB and internet from somewhere.

Also, if she DID runaway (I don't think this is the case), but if she did, she may have had a hidden stash of clothing and necessities in the shed for whenever she decided to leave.

I'm just trying to think of what I would have done at her age. I was a very good kid until I hit my later teens, which gave my parents a false sense of trust in me, so my sneakiness went unnoticed for a long time. No one would have expected me to do some of the things I did!

I do not think it uncommon for a teen to sleep on a matress on the floor. I had many friends that did that, though that was YEARS ago. However, what strikes me as strange is that there are no sheets on the mattress. I am wondering if this is a recent photo.

I am wondering if they were taken as a scent item or as evidence.

Here are some of my own questions...

Who is conducting the polys, and what are there credentials?

Why, if polys are inadmissable in court, are so much stock put into them? It seems to me that if they were so sure-fire, they would be admissable. As for the accuracy%, well, who knows for sure.

Who all has taken the polys, and how many of them failed? Who failed and then got to retest. How many retests were given before a passing result was accepted?

Why will LE not release any info? It seems like they are not even telling the family much.
I would understand being tight lipped about a possible suspect, but they also haven't cleared anyone. In MOO, it is because they are grasping at straws, and doing anything they can to take the focus of the public's outcry over their possible mishandling of the case and direct it ANYWHERE else.

Also, any of you out there with knowledge of other cases - how many other cases are there out there that are similar to this one in regards to failed/supposedly failed polys by people who were later cleared?

I would really like to hear more from the neighbor who says he saw hailey in the yard during the noon hour. If he sees that much, then did he see what time the bf arrived home on Monday.?

I'm sure they've talked to the neighbor but are keeping some things close to the vest. The neighbor probably gave LE more info than just seeing Hailey in the backyard on the phone... MOO

The picture of the room could possibly have been taken after the police searched her room. I know from experience when they search they will "toss the bed". You'd be amazed how many people hide things around and under mattresses.

I guess it depends on where the picture came from.

Also...I have to force all of my kids to keep sheets and blankets and even pillow cases on their bed. They would happily roll up into a comforter on a bare mattress if I let them. Maybe it's a generational thing. Drives me crazy, lol.

Why doesn't the poor child have a proper bed??
all my children have a box spring and frame, although a lot came form freecycle and aren't the prettiest :( that makes me sad for her :(

Additionally, are there scorpions in this part of Texas? I know there were when we lived in Austin when I was a baby. My mom still comments about them. I wouldn't think, if there are, that it would be real safe to have the mattress directly on the floor like that.

In the room is that a TV entertainment center without the TV???
The room is arranged oddly, but then it's just me.........my teens were messy but
I did the furniture arranging, helped decorate (to their tastes of posters etc)
They had pillows and bean bags.........aging myself.

I slept without a bed frame when I was a teenager. I liked my bed on the floor for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam