Sidebar Discussion #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T I'm sorry. Just a note to say I hope all our friends near the gulf are safe from Debby..Take care. :heartbeat: :praying:

Okay - I may have completely fallen off the edge this time because I had the weirdest thought. Now I know most posters think :waitasec: WTH is with me when I follow along CA's behaviour and try objectively figure out what was she thinking - which many of you interpret as support - NOT!

But here's another thought for you. In kind of a strange way - I'm actually feeling a bit grateful to Mason and Baez.... :thud:

No...wait ...wait...:truce: follow with me for a minute....if not for Jose's gigantic ego that took him in front of every camera available, and made this case followed by millions, and if not for Mason, who with his massive ego wants his time to bask in the sun, we may never have heard about this case and what this terrible mother did to her precious child. I guess it's Karla Homolka that got me thinking about it. There have been other cases while we've been following justice for Cayley - a young mother who tossed her baby out of the car on the highway a la Casey, the mother who had her babies at her home and put them in the laundry hamper for her parents to find - I don't know what happened in these cases - do you? Do you know who these women are? I don't.

This evil crime and who committed it - I do know. And for the rest of my life I am confident, because of the media attention - thanks to her defense team - that FCA will be hunted down as long as she lives. She will never feel safe and always be looking over her shoulder.

So I say - thanks Jose - and thanks Mason! Keep it up..... ps thanks does not equal "like"

Okay - tippy toeing out of the thread now....

And another leagacy perhaps for Caylee is that jurors in other cases have learned from the aftermath of the P12 fiasco which was so widely seen and discussed all over...with the exception of those folks that live under rocks!? Thanks to those who came forward inthe Sandusky trial, and to those who took their obligations seriously in that trial and could connect the durn dots with common sense!

I contend that people who have seen and read the most heinous crimes have to have somewhat very soft and have some feelings for the like of these critters. I would state some of the crimes but I don't want to make people sick. If these people can think that humans like the ones that tortured the Petit family should live and we as a society must care for them, something is very wrong. To imagine what some of them do in prison and some of their demands, well, I don't think these soft hearts realize what is involved.

I say, for the petit perps and others like them, walk them out of the courtroom and shoot them...save the system money, FPS!

As far as FCA goes, Ann Finley, put the DP into every one of the Pinellas twelves' microscopic brains with her babble about FCA and the DP. I am going to assume that the County of Pinellas is not conservative....and the defense had the advantage. Did Judge Perry pick that County?

Personally, I think it was little bit of this...a lot of that...which helped make this case stick. The As' antics...well that definitely is high up on my list....but the #1 thing IMHO....was (and I was here at WS when the first story broke) the 31 days. Yup...what kind of mother DOES NOT report their child missing for 31 days? (Yes, in my mind that is a rhetorical question.) Plus add the fact that we were privy to LOTS of information thanks to the Sunshine Laws...you have a case that was destined to grab headlines for 3 years. Personally, Baez and Mason (et al) were just part of the side show. Casey and her family were the main attraction.
JMHO

ETA: and precious little Caylee...well, she kept me here. oxoxoxo

That's right, the 31 days on both sides. I'll never understand why, if fca's going to blame somebody, anybody for this, why did she wait? Why did CA wait? Why did any of them wait? Why did any of them make up so much nonsense? Now, 4 yrs. later there are still rumors she's going to talk? About what? There is nothing for her to say that anyone would believe. The only thing that would change any minds of so many people is to have her speak to LE again, if she is holding any real truth, pony on up, do a LDT, prove it, prove she didn't do this, then maybe somebody will listen to her, otherwise, she just better forget about trying for any more attention. She is over toasted/finished.

Hmmm, that gossip site is hiring? :waitasec: I better rush right down there:floorlaugh: I could have so much fun with them, make their heads spin for sure:floorlaugh:

Personally, I think it was little bit of this...a lot of that...which helped make this case stick. The As' antics...well that definitely is high up on my list....but the #1 thing IMHO....was (and I was here at WS when the first story broke) the 31 days. Yup...what kind of mother DOES NOT report their child missing for 31 days? (Yes, in my mind that is a rhetorical question.) Plus add the fact that we were privy to LOTS of information thanks to the Sunshine Laws...you have a case that was destined to grab headlines for 3 years. Personally, Baez and Mason (et al) were just part of the side show. Casey and her family were the main attraction.
JMHO

ETA: and precious little Caylee...well, she kept me here. oxoxoxo

Yup, all of those things but my point was would we have even known about it if Baez hadn't stepped up to the mike and started his "act".

While the Anthony's did a lot of crazy stuff, unlike other posters, I was not so focused on them as others because ultilmately this case was for me at least, about Caylee, the evidence and FCA's guilt. For me at least, there was little the Anthony's did directly that affected how the prosecution proceeded. They were just the antics of a family who suddenly had their family destroyed - one grand daughter gone, one daughter charged with murder, and had the media and the world in their face screaming "guilty". I sure don't condone what they did, but still just a gross sideshow, not the main event.

IMO of course.:moo:

That's right, the 31 days on both sides. I'll never understand why, if fca's going to blame somebody, anybody for this, why did she wait? Why did CA wait? Why did any of them wait? Why did any of them make up so much nonsense? Now, 4 yrs. later there are still rumors she's going to talk? About what? There is nothing for her to say that anyone would believe. The only thing that would change any minds of so many people is to have her speak to LE again, if she is holding any real truth, pony on up, do a LDT, prove it, prove she didn't do this, then maybe somebody will listen to her, otherwise, she just better forget about trying for any more attention. She is over toasted/finished.

Hmmm, that gossip site is hiring? :waitasec: I better rush right down there:floorlaugh: I could have so much fun with them, make their heads spin for sure:floorlaugh:

If we look at the depos re the lies FCA was telling her mother, and if we know FCA is the most accomplished detailed liar the Florida legal system has ever seen - it seems pretty clear why her family didn't report Caylee missing until CA demanded to see her and FCA couldn't produce her. I think CA thought FCA was keeping Caylee away from her to punish her for hollering about her stealing. I don't think a parent's mind immediately jumps to "huh, guess she's killed her."

For me again, why FCA didn't report her missing - well so what if Caylee was "missing"? She was having a good time with Tony without the little "snothead". Pretty obvious.

]I contend that people who have seen and read the most heinous crimes have to have somewhat very soft and have some feelings for the like of these critters.[/B] I would state some of the crimes but I don't want to make people sick. If these people can think that humans like the ones that tortured the Petit family should live and we as a society must care for them, something is very wrong. To imagine what some of them do in prison and some of their demands, well, I don't think these soft hearts realize what is involved.

I say, for the petit perps and others like them, walk them out of the courtroom and shoot them...save the system money, FPS!

As far as FCA goes, Ann Finley, put the DP into every one of the Pinellas twelves' microscopic brains with her babble about FCA and the DP. I am going to assume that the County of Pinellas is not conservative....and the defense had the advantage. Did Judge Perry pick that County?

As a Canadian, it is hard for me to envision the death penalty, but in Caylee's murder, I was all for the death penalty. And I still am.

I think Judge Perry was searching for any county that hadn't had massive media focus to pull the jury from. Guess he didn't realize none of these people had been down the yellow brick road to see the Wizard and get themselves a brain.:what:

Okay - I may have completely fallen off the edge this time because I had the weirdest thought. Now I know most posters think :waitasec: WTH is with me when I follow along CA's behaviour and try objectively figure out what was she thinking - which many of you interpret as support - NOT!

But here's another thought for you. In kind of a strange way - I'm actually feeling a bit grateful to Mason and Baez.... :thud:

No...wait ...wait...:truce: follow with me for a minute....if not for Jose's gigantic ego that took him in front of every camera available, and made this case followed by millions, and if not for Mason, who with his massive ego wants his time to bask in the sun, we may never have heard about this case and what this terrible mother did to her precious child. I guess it's Karla Homolka that got me thinking about it. There have been other cases while we've been following justice for Cayley - a young mother who tossed her baby out of the car on the highway a la Casey, the mother who had her babies at her home and put them in the laundry hamper for her parents to find - I don't know what happened in these cases - do you? Do you know who these women are? I don't.

This evil crime and who committed it - I do know. And for the rest of my life I am confident, because of the media attention - thanks to her defense team - that FCA will be hunted down as long as she lives. She will never feel safe and always be looking over her shoulder.

So I say - thanks Jose - and thanks Mason! Keep it up..... ps thanks does not equal "like"

Okay - tippy toeing out of the thread now....

but without all of the media attention, there would probably have been a conviction. i.e. no 200K, no over zealous lawyers looking to promote books, no seeking hermit jurers... There is no good that came from any of this at all.

If we look at the depos re the lies FCA was telling her mother, and if we know FCA is the most accomplished detailed liar the Florida legal system has ever seen - it seems pretty clear why her family didn't report Caylee missing until CA demanded to see her and FCA couldn't produce her. I think CA thought FCA was keeping Caylee away from her to punish her for hollering about her stealing. I don't think a parent's mind immediately jumps to uh, guess she's killed her.
For me again, why FCA didn't report her missing - well so what if Caylee was "missing"? She was having a good time with Tony without the little "snothead". Pretty obvious.

FCA was called the most documented liar - not the best liar - and frankly, imo, she stunk at it and was caught in her lies e-v-e-r-y-t-i-m-e.

FCA is/was responsible for Caylee - period. Its the who - knew what when - and what they did about it - that has not been revealed. But I have faith that one day it will be known. Someone who knows just enough will talk for $$$, and then the whole sordid story will surface.

Who wanted to know about Vinnie? He's the current anchor on Insession. He must have the 11 to 1 slot.

:truce: With respect, We all know fca lied her share of lies, but...How do we know what CA was spewing was the truth? I mean about what fca 'told her' on the phone in those 31 days? How do we know those stories weren't manufactured in part by CA to include this zanny nonsense? How do we wash away the story about CA having Zanny's number written down on a somewhere in a drawer in the kitchen, then she turns around and says she knew there was never a zanny. How do we know CA wasn't the one who took Caylee away from fca when she was staying with RM? ('Is this like the last time?') How do we know fca didn't go back and try to get Caylee and then something happened? I know if it was my daughter who was taking my grand daughter and staying overnight at some guys house, I'd be pretty apt to go after my grand daughter too, with cops in tow, but unfortunately, the law won't get involved unless there is something really bad going on in front of a child, so in that respect, there is nothing a grandparent can do except go the legal route for custody, a grand parent can't just take the child.

There's too many things in this case that will always be a mystery because there were so many stories thrown around all over the place by a number of players, but at the end of the day, the only one responsible for Caylee was her own mother and she failed her daughter a number of ways. No matter what could possibly be said now, it does not matter. It mattered most 4 yrs ago before the 31 days started to click away. :maddening:

There was a depo that included info that CA called said zanny number only to find out it was actually the number of one of her friends.
But none of the what if's matter to me - because it was FCA who couldn't produce her child after 31 days and it was FCA who told the LE about Zanny and it was FCA who was charged with capital murder. For me watching at that time, CA was a grandmother who'd gone off the deep end but the right one was arrested and stood trial.

If CA had taken Caylee and hidden her from FCA do you think FCA would have sat in jail to protect her mother for four years? She hates her mother - so IMO - no way. The carp that CA pulled at least to me anyway was just rubbish stuff. You could see the LE and the prosecution were treating her like an annoying wasp and basically paid no attention to what she said as they progressed with the case. IMO

Also the phrase "is this like the last time" that Lee asked - to me didn't have anything to do with CA but was something FCA had pulled in the past.

But then, we all have differing opinions and that's a good thing. We wouldn't want to be sheep like FCA's jury.:maddening:

Yup, all of those things but my point was would we have even known about it if Baez hadn't stepped up to the mike and started his "act".

While the Anthony's did a lot of crazy stuff, unlike other posters, I was not so focused on them as others because ultilmately this case was for me at least, about Caylee, the evidence and FCA's guilt. For me at least, there was little the Anthony's did directly that affected how the prosecution proceeded. They were just the antics of a family who suddenly had their family destroyed - one grand daughter gone, one daughter charged with murder, and had the media and the world in their face screaming "guilty". I sure don't condone what they did, but still just a gross sideshow, not the main event.

IMO of course.:moo:
I may not be the best person to respond...can't tell you how many hours I spent watching the webcam. LOL

PS- thank goodness I wasn't alone or I'd really be worried :)

According to a comment made on the Amazon page for JBs book:

"If you have an Ipad or Apple account you can download a sample of the 1st 140 pages of Baez's Book for free. Total BS. Nothing we haven't heard. Same crap you can google. "

FWIW

I may not be the best person to respond...can't tell you how many hours I spent watching the webcam. LOL

Yup - LG sheepishly raises hand to be counted.....:blushing:

According to a comment made on the Amazon page for JBs book:

"If you have an Ipad or Apple account you can download a sample of the 1st 140 pages of Baez's Book for free. Total BS. Nothing we haven't heard. Same crap you can google. "

FWIW

Does this mean you downloaded it? if so tell us more.....:floorlaugh:

You weren't surprised were you? I got the feeling he was writing for the five individuals who had never heard of the case....

but without all of the media attention, there would probably have been a conviction. i.e. no 200K, no over zealous lawyers looking to promote books, no seeking hermit jurers... There is no good that came from any of this at all.

You've got a point there alright....

:floorlaugh: That made me laugh. Hard. Cuz i was right along with ya!!!!

The 31 days! THAT got the media's attention. 31 days was recited over and over. Next, we all heard, on EVERY news show, morning noon and night...CA's frantic voice on the 911 call. I bet half of the country could recite her words.." smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car"! The media ran with this! And we were all sucked in. Yuppers, the media was part of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv