GUILTY Canada - Noelle Paquette, 27, Sarnia, Ont, 31 Dec 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The police were on this one pretty quickly. She disappeared after a New Year's party. She was last seen on Christina, which is a main street, with many storefronts. I presume they have looked at security camera tapes from various businesses.

Based on tweets, it sounds like Noelle is a well-liked kindergarten teacher. Several of her acquaintances are tweeting about her missing. Hopefully she went off somewhere for New Year's Day and will show up soon.

From the Observer link above:

1297358425582_ORIGINAL.jpg

missing poster from the above FB page:

386585_10152412685340078_71524075_n.jpg

I hope this gal just found a place to continue enjoying the New Year... And will be home soon!

from the 'FB event' page:

- police are organizing a search at 8:30 (or 9:00) in the morning and the public is welcome to participate. They will have a command post set up.

- it sounds like Noelle left the party on foot, saying she was going to walk home. she lives in Courtright, a village about 10 miles south along the river from where she was last seen. The last person known to have seen her, a female, tried to convince her to take a ride, but Noelle refused and insisted on walking. It sounds like she was upset about something.

- Noelle's father is a retired border agent, so the border staff have been notified (the bridge to Port Huron Michigan is only about a mile north of where Noelle was last seen).

- Noelle's sister is a police officer. This might have been part of the reason why there was such a quick response (and also because Noelle headed out walking and never made it home).

There has already been a tremendous community response.

This is happening about an 1.15 away from me :( so sad. I am hoping to go help with the search after work today.

I can not figure out how it seems almost normal to some that she would walk home? I am not yet sure how to post maps. But in google maps it is saying her last seen location (Christina St/Lochiel St - Courtright) is 20.5 km & A 26min drive. Wouldnt that take hours to walk & in this weather??

This is happening about an 1.15 away from me :( so sad. I am hoping to go help with the search after work today.

I can not figure out how it seems almost normal to some that she would walk home? I am not yet sure how to post maps. But in google maps it is saying her last seen location (Christina St/Lochiel St - Courtright) is 20.5 km & A 26min drive. Wouldnt that take hours to walk & in this weather??

It's normal to consider 15 min a mile. Then add in her condition and the weather. Makes for a very bad decision...and she should have been stopped or the authorities called out of concern. IMO. If the truth. Cell phone?

Hope she is found safe.

Per link. Her cell phone was found on the ground. Didn't say where tho.

Haven't seen that yet (!!!!) & I have been (attempting to) following the group since it started. Wow, that would be quite significant if it were true I would think?? The group is actually very difficult to follow unfortunately. I am sure people are doing their best & with great intentions, but it's quite disorganized at the moment. :/

Seems to be very little ways to determine what is fact/rumour at this point.

Heartbreaking that there are over 8000 people in the group & yet this poor girl was alone & didn't arrive home safely :(

It's normal to consider 15 min a mile. Then add in her condition and the weather. Makes for a very bad decision...and she should have been stopped or the authorities called out of concern. IMO. If the truth. Cell phone?

Hope she is found safe.

A friend on the FB page stated that her blackberry goes straight to voice mail, meaning the battery is dead or the phone is off.

It is not normal that someone would walk home from where she was to where she lives. It is very far, probably a 3 hour walk at least. Apparently she was at a party and got into a fight with her boyfriend and left. A friend told her to get a ride home and she refused and said she was walking.

It is not normal that someone would walk home from where she was to where she lives. It is very far, probably a 3 hour walk at least. Apparently she was at a party and got into a fight with her boyfriend and left. A friend told her to get a ride home and she refused and said she was walking.

That's what I have been reading as well. What I meant but the "normal / not normal" comment was: last night a few people were discussing on the fb page that in that area it would be a 3 hour wait for a taxi & that walking wouldnt be out of the question. I didnt participate in the discussion personally was just :waitasec: while reading it.

Now saying the phone was found on Maria St. and a hospital.

https://www.facebook.com/events/459630630750974/

Not sure what is fact coming from a FB group, but another said the last signal of her phone came from Maria St near the hospital. A searcher knocking of this ladies door told her so.

Anyone good with maps, is this area on her walk home, or completly out of her way?

Not sure what is fact coming from a FB group, but another said the last signal of her phone came from Maria St near the hospital. A searcher knocking of this ladies door told her so.

Anyone good with maps, is this area on her walk home, or completly out of her way?

The area you are talking about is the opposite direction of where she was supposedly heading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46