UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting posts by "hamburg" on that tribune article!

***note that if you read the comments most of the ones by "hamburg" are hidden so you have to click on them. And another note on what "hamburg" was saying was that (warning... this was in the comment section) that Josh had a breakdown.. and also that both his cell and the disposable cell were taken. He also said they have a dog or dogs and that the wet spot could have been from a pet having an accident while he was out sledding... riiiiiiiiight.....

That wet spot really makes me wonder when Josh left with the boys. It might have been more like just before sunup.

Hi Nurse,

But this doesn't make sense to me. Isn't Susan worth alot more alive than dead? She had a good job, and without her in the picture, Josh is sure to go under. This is where I'm going crazy. I think it's either another suitor, she threatened divorce, or (not a popular opinion) an accident. Now, just for argument sake - say she did take Ambien and walked right out that door into the woods (assuming there are woods around). Falls down a hill or something, and froze to death.

Now I doubt that's highly unlikely, but I'm trying to wrap my head around all scenarios.

Best,

Mel

Hey Mel, don't go crazy. I can answer this for you. It easy. There are strong rumors that Susan threatened divorce.

So in a word - divorce. You lose your wife, children, money and you get to continue to pay for the pleasure. Almost every divorce could be motive.

***note that if you read the comments most of the ones by "hamburg" are hidden so you have to click on them. And another note on what "hamburg" was saying was that (warning... this was in the comment section) that Josh had a breakdown.. and also that both his cell and the disposable cell were taken. He also said they have a dog or dogs and that the wet spot could have been from a pet having an accident while he was out sledding... riiiiiiiiight.....

I knew he had birds, but this is the first time I had heard about dogs (per Hamberg's comments). Who has the dogs then, I wonder? If there are any dogs.

JMO, Josh had a "breakdown" because LE was taking stuff that he clearly didn't want them to take and he knew they were on to him. Hamberg failed to mention that Josh was upset about his wife missing. He was more upset about what LE was taking out of the house and the state in which they left the house. Josh apparently felt they took more than they "needed" to take. Now, any normal person would say "Hey, take whatever you can or need to to bring my loved one home". I wouldn't care if it made no sense to me, it's for them to figure out if it's important or not.

http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story?cid=68871

About the womans body found burning, they now are thinking it was a suicide. Not much information here but since it was brought up earlier in the thread I thought I'd post this.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9168396

On this second link, they say the woman is older, 40's 50's and the reason they're thinking it might be suicide is because there were no tracks leading to and from the scene.
Whoever this woman is, I hope she is at peace now.

VB

Interesting. Aren't the odds pretty low that a woman would commit suicide by lighting herself on fire? Aren't women usually prone to taking pills, jumping off bridges, etc? :waitasec:

Interesting. Aren't the odds pretty low that a woman would commit suicide by lighting herself on fire? Aren't women usually prone to taking pills, jumping off bridges, etc? :waitasec:

It is really strange. Maybe the one set of tracks is just the person carrying the body and laying it down setting it on fire then just stepping out backwards in the same tracks.

Just had to jump in here. When I read the part BBM, I immediately thought of Chris Coleman. You know when the Super Secret Ninja Psycho Killer slipped into the house and killed the family in that small period of time when Chris wasn't home!

Jeez, it is like these guys have a playbook! :banghead:

Does anyone know the whereabouts of Josh's father on the night Susan went missing?

. . . snip . . .

I am very worried that the kids are in Washington, with his father...his father is at best an enabler, at worst a conspirator IMHO...and he sure is enabling Josh now

. . . snip . . .

Do we know for sure where his father was when Susan disappeared? Was he 'for sure' at home in WA?

Or is it possible that he's not only an enabler of his darling son who can do no wrong, but a partner in crime? Could the miles on Josh's car relate to him meeting his dad somewhere?

Just wondering.

true..

question: how long does it take driving wise (in bad weather) to get out of the State? (would it fit with the mileage on the rental car?)

Depends on which direction. The three shortest drives from Salt lake City would be:

*Heading West through Tooele Utah is Wendover Nevada. Good weather about 2 hours maybe less. Bad weather over two hours. Mileage is around 240 round trip

*Heading east in good weather takes you to Evanston Wyoming. From Salt Lake the drive would be around 60-80 minutes in good weather. Bad weather close to two hours. Mileage is around 180 round trip maybe a bit less.

Heading north you hit the Idaho boarder and in good weather about 2 - 2 1/2 hours. Bad weather 3 - 4 hours. Around 250 round trip.

South is too far. at least 5 hours in good weather.

The above is guesstimating on my part.

Do we know for sure where his father was when Susan disappeared? Was he 'for sure' at home in WA?

Or is it possible that he's not only an enabler of his darling son who can do no wrong, but a partner in crime? Could the miles on Josh's car relate to him meeting his dad somewhere?

Just wondering.

Wondering the same thing.

Also, does anyone know what percentage of the investigating LE are church members?

People say good things about Josh so their church doesn't look bad.

He may have dosed her with the Ambien and threw her out of the car while she was asleep. Hence, Mommy is in the woods. She would freeze to death without a mark on her.

Wondering the same thing.

Also, does anyone know what percentage of the investigating LE are church members?
Have no clue but it is safe to guess at least half.

ITA, I feel she is close to her own home.
Josh seems lazy, germophobic, someone that would panic after Susan died and just take her somewhere quick, then go on with some plan to throw LE and everyone off.
All the miles was someone panicing and getting out of the house, no where to go.........just running, thinking, and can't even think of a good plan.
Now if she is found near home, he'll try to say she walked out and froze to death.
He is such a coward I would not be surprised if he took her out unconscience.
and left her to die where she laid..........creepy!
what's around the house? woods? the neighbors seem close but not that close???

BBM: I had that same thought yesterday, passionflower. I feel that if she was dead when he returned from sledding, that he would have no problem at all just taking her anyway and leaving her to die out in the snow. I was just hesitant to state my thoughts. Thanks for putting it into words.

Have no clue but it is safe to guess at least half.

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but seeing how deeply rooted religious beliefs are there, do you think they may be having trouble being objective?

If there was some proof that Susan was across state lines, alive and against her will or not alive, then the FBI could become involved, right?

nellie,
thanks for sharing that. I am sure the kids have provided insight that has been, termed I am sure, insubstantial... due to it being the words from a kid. Sad isn't it? What a child says can be the most truthful and the most raw. I am sure that when this case goes to trial anything that was said by a truthful child (the most truthful of any witness in my opinon!) will be attacked, deleted and never admitted into court. moo

However... it doesn't mean that we never heard it. We heard it loud and clear. And you know what? It was very scary!!!!! So mommy was left in the woods! What else happened to mommy?

I keep remembering the Jessie Davis/Bobby Cutts case where the child supposedly said something about "mommy in the carpet"....

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14082069

Police have said they executed three search warrants in the Powell case. Two warrants were to search the Powell home and van; one warrant was to draw blood and other biological samples from her husband, Joshua Powell.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Common sense would tell you the police have executed at least 2 more search warrants and maybe 3. A search warrant for the rental car, a search warrant for Susans office or work space and one on Josh's work space or office. They would want warrants on all of them just to keep it 100% legal.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14082069

Police have said they executed three search warrants in the Powell case. Two warrants were to search the Powell home and van; one warrant was to draw blood and other biological samples from her husband, Joshua Powell.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Common sense would tell you the police have executed at least 2 more search warrants and maybe 3. A search warrant for the rental car, a search warrant for Susans office or work space and one on Josh's work space or office. They would want warrants on all of them just to keep it 100% legal.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-evidence-seized-missing-utah-mom,0,54500.story

This article says 5 sw were served. Then there was another article about the rental car sw = 6 sw so far. IMO

I have two dogs and two babies - one of which is currently potty-training. We have "accidents" very often. I usually clean them up with a spot cleaner or some vinegar and water. We do have a carpet steam cleaner, but it is a huge PITA to prepare and use so when I do, I clean all the carpet - not just a spot. That would make no sense whatsoever. And I have never in my life put two fans on a wet spot to dry it faster. Whoever put the fans on that wet, newly cleaned spot was undoubtedly trying to conceal the fact that the spot was ever wet to begin with.

Susan is still missing.

Maybe Josh knew of a place closer to home and initially did stash the body there. Later, he got the rental car and moved the body to a location much farther away. Maybe he had to dig with his hands in frozen snow and ice. Maybe Josh had help from Dad, or a gf, or even a bf, or maybe Josh did it all by himself. More will come out. Patience is needed to allow LE to sift through what they've collected.

The main thing to further this case along if to FIND SUSAN.

I just want to say that if he did any of these things, and it wasn't noticed by LE, then Josh must be a magician making Susan simply disappear. I find comfort only in believing LE is aware of Josh's and other's movements during the time crime was occurring. LE has confiscated items and are running tests on the carpet stain. I don't know if they are using search dogs, but hope so. (heck, call Roy Kronck, he'll find her)

I have two dogs and two babies - one of which is currently potty-training. We have "accidents" very often. I usually clean them up with a spot cleaner or some vinegar and water. We do have a carpet steam cleaner, but it is a huge PITA to prepare and use so when I do, I clean all the carpet - not just a spot. That would make no sense whatsoever. And I have never in my life put two fans on a wet spot to dry it faster. Whoever put the fans on that wet, newly cleaned spot was undoubtedly trying to conceal the fact that the spot was ever wet to begin with.

Why he would leave the fan out to be discovered before he got home? I'm trying to put myself in this situation. I wouldn't leave the fans out to be discovered by someone else. Makes me wonder why he didn't go home sooner to set the scene up better and put those fans away. Then you think about the phone calls from friends and how it took another two hours for him to get back. Makes me think he was too far away to get home before he did, or he left the house much later than he said he did.

I went back to start at thread#1....whew....3 1/2 to go...LOL I need to get up to speed with you guys....I may never catch up!!!

There was talk about her friend Kiirsi and her website a few pages ago...these are her comments in the very beginning of this case....also goes into her calling Josh, etc....and a good reason maybe why Josh didn't have time to remove the fans drying the carpet...he probably didn't think police would be breaking his windows....THANK GOD !!!

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...ley-woman-missing/a7vyloVCmkmkg_qSEhv08w.cspx

ETA : Will go back to find person who posted this link to give them credit for their work...

The original post with this article's link was made by RKnowley....Post #16....Thanks for the info!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie