GUILTY FL - James Maxwell for kidnapping, rape of 9yo girl, Port Orange, 2011

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/2...d-florida-child-rape-suspect/?test=latestnews

Florida authorities say they located human remains Tuesday in the backyard of an accused child rapist during a search of the suspect’s backyard, MyFoxOrlando.com reported.

Port Orange police were tipped off by two people who said James Maxwell appeared concerned about pending construction to be done in his backyard, the report said. Maxwell, 43, was reportedly arrested in December and charged with raping and kidnapping a 9-year-old girl.

bbm

Praying for Laurel's family today, no matter the outcome of these remains.

I understand that some wish death to abusers but as child they(i) don't really understand the way adults see it, as a child its frightening, confusing and sometimes painfull, but to think i had caused someones death, that would be a burden that no child should feel. Revenge is an adult want, not a childs. After such an experiance the child just wants to feel safe, and loved and the person not to be around, not death or violence, it would just be a further trauma JMO

I understand that some wish death to abusers but as child they(i) don't really understand the way adults see it, as a child its frightening, confusing and sometimes painfull, but to think i had caused someones death, that would be a burden that no child should feel. Revenge is an adult want, not a childs. After such an experiance the child just wants to feel safe, and loved and the person not to be around, not death or violence, it would just be a further trauma JMO

I hope you never have to face the day that one of your children is raped or murdered. I don't think it has anything to do with revenge it has to do with justice for the raped or muredered child. I'm sure any child that was raped would like to know that the person who stole their innocence from them is dead and will never be able to hurt them or any other child ever again.

Well i was a child that had that experiance, and i was hurt but i did not understand the experiance as sex, and the parent people got all stressed but no one explained to me why they were so angry, i just felt like a bad person, as i said death of that person would of been a memory i would not want.

Ugh this thread reminds me that I would want to go all "law abiding citizen" on someone who did such a cruel thing to my child, and I don't even have a child yet, but I see how a parent could be driven to that point. :jail:

Such an experience for a child is not sex, btw, and many parents do not know how to go about helping the child cope and come to terms with what happened. It's never too late to talk to someone knowledgeable who can help.

PORT ORANGE -- Family members of a woman who disappeared from Holly Hill in 2011 say they believe she is the person whose remains were unearthed from the backyard of the home of a man accused of raping a child.

The uncle of Chastity Starr -- a prostitute who was 27 when she was reported missing Jan. 15, 2011 -- said that Holly Hill investigators have been in touch with the family and told them the remains found are those of a small adult.

In addition, Ed Jandreau -- who lives in Bunnell -- said police told him that shortly after Starr disappeared investigators tried to track her cellphone location and found that it was being used in Port Orange.

More at link:

http://www.news-journalonline.com/news/local/east-volusia/2012/06/21/family-believes-backyard-remains-are-missing-holly-hill-woman.html

Starr's is one of at least six cases of women with records of prostitution whose killers have not been caught.

Police in Daytona Beach believe the same person likely killed four prostitutes between 2005 and 2009.

Daytona Beach police Chief Mike Chitwood said today that Maxwell's DNA has been on file since 2000 and that it does not match DNA found on the bodies of prostitutes killed there.

Ormond Beach detectives were at the Port Orange scene on Tuesday but declined to say why.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/b...uld-be-those-of-missing-holly-hill-woman.html

The only thing I could think of is that he was trying to get caught. Felt guilty about the woman and felt this was a quick, easy way to get it done. Or maybe he wanted to see how bold he could be and not get caught?

Not sure Ohio. This guy is currently in jail awaiting trial for kidnapping a 9 year old from her home, raping her and then dropping her off at a police station. That seems pretty bold as well. Not sure if he is a guy who wanted to get caught in that and this new body in the backyard instance or if he is just plain THAT stupid.

Sounds as if he did not tell LE about the body in the yard but rather expressed concern without going into details about his yard being dug up with planned renovations. Just MOO, but I don't think he wanted this body found.

It does make me wonder tho, with his history and now a body in the backyard, what motivated him to spare the 9 year old? Whatever it was I am thankful it.

Just makes it MORE amazing that he did NOT kill the 9 year old.
I was grateful before, but knowing he has killed before... I am even more grateful.

5:43 p.m. EST, June 22, 2012|

By Bianca Prieto, Orlando Sentinel

Detectives from a dozen police departments in Orange and Osceola counties will join in a task force to investigate homicide cases....

"The murderers who think they've gotten away with it should be relatively frightened," said Orange-Osceola State Attorney Lawson Lamar, who helped organize the task force with the goal of bringing together less-experienced officers with seasoned detectives to investigate homicides.

Investigators from the Apopka, Belle Isle, Edgewood, Kissimmee, Maitland, Oakland, Ocoee, Orlando, St. Cloud, Windermere, Winter Garden and Winter Park police departments will be members of the task force. The State Attorney's Office and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement are also participating.

More at link:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-06-22/news/os-homicide-task-force-orange-osceola-20120622_1_task-force-homicide-unit-homicide-cases

PORT ORANGE — When the digging began in James Lee Maxwell’s yard on Brandy Hills Drive in June, neighbors made jokes about investigators’ search for bodies.

They called it “The Nightmare Next Door” and ribbed each other on Facebook.

But when searchers brought out the body bag that held the remains of missing Holly Hill woman Chasity Danette Starr, the levity evaporated, said neighbor Carolyn Edgar.

“The day they took that body out, we shut our windows; we shut our door,” Edgar said. “The reality set in. It was real.”

A grand jury on Thursday indicted Maxwell, already a suspect in a child rape and abduction, in the killing of Starr, 27, and another woman.

The body of Pamela Sue Will, 48, was found in a ditch near International Trade Associates, an Ormond Beach business where Maxwell used to work. A family four-wheeling in the area discovered the body, wrapped in plastic.

http://www.caringforourchildrenfoundation.org/?p=24853

"Our investigation reveals Chasity Starr was killed ... by James Maxwell. He then buried Chasity's body in the backyard of his residence," Monahan said.

It's not clear how Maxwell came into contact with either Starr or Will. Both women had been arrested on prostitution charges in the past. Monahan said Will's body was moved to the Ormond Beach ditch after she was killed.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...ice-homicide-investigation-brandy-hills-drive

The more we learn - the more we come to see how very very lucky the little girl was. I a not making light of her rape, but do want to point out this child is so very blessed to have lived through her encounter with this dangerous predator.

March 2015:

A Volusia County killer has been spared the death penalty, but he will never be free again...

Maxwell was sentenced to two consecutive life terms.

He is also serving a third life sentence in a separate case in which he was found guilty of kidnapping and raping his 9-year-old neighbor in Dec. 2011...

Law enforcement long believed Maxwell may have killed others but they haven't linked him to any other missing person’s cases.

http://m.wesh.com/news/volusia-county-man-who-murdered-2-women-sentenced/31629252

Thank God he's off the streets, it's sad he couldn't be caught early on.

Ugh this thread reminds me that I would want to go all "law abiding citizen" on someone who did such a cruel thing to my child, and I don't even have a child yet, but I see how a parent could be driven to that point. :jail:

Just quoting myself here as this post actually made me tear up a bit, as when I wrote it I was just over a month pregnant and had not found out yet(I didn't find out for about 3 more weeks) and I must say I still feel the same way.

Thank god this creature will never be free again, and I hope his young victim will transition to victor instead and has healed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back