OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, wow that took me a while to get caught up. I have a few different thoughts here. I do not think that a dog could live over a week without water. So the day that they went missing was a long weekend for most of us. (Columbus Day 10/12) So I am wondering if they didn't go away for the long weekend and weren't truely missing till later in the week. I am trying not to speculate on the $$. We do not know an amount, so who knows what "substancial" is, and I agree that NO ONE ever brings cash when they go looking at property. You would meet at a closing agent with the $$, not at the site. IMO. I looked at the picture of the truck, it appears to be at least a 1998 or older, the 1999 GMC's had a body style chage and the headlights are more rounded than the 1998s square. I looked it up on Kelly Blue Book and rough estimate with out knowing more, I put the value around $5000. In case that helps. I dont think of someone who is "wealthy" buying an 1998 Pick up. Do we know if both properties were listed with the same realestate broker? I dont think they would have wonderd off too far, dad has a bad back and they are toting around a small child.

This is quite a mystery. There are a number of "misadventures" that could befall a family out in a remote area looking at property. They could get lost on a 40 acre parcell and concievibly die of exposure before they found their way out. If it was rainy and they got wet and it was windy and cold that night (under 50 degrees), they could easily died of exposure at night. There seems to be lots of roads or "tracks" that would lead them to some "civilization" in a days' walk but they could have been hurt or weakened. If one of them got seriously hurt and they decided to "stick together" rather than have one seek help, it is possible they are all dead of exposure while hunkered down somewhere they may never be found.

There are plenty reasons fellow humans might have killed them other than robbery, if they were just innocently looking at land.

The big THING that makes us suspect there is more to this is the Money. I heard the number $41,000 tossed around and I must assume that "substantial" means more than the several thousand a hard core "cash only" man might carry. There is something very "hinkey" about someone "just happening" to get lost in the woods the same day they "just happened" to be carrying a "substantial amount" of cash.

I'm sure LE has attempted to locate the source of that cash. Cash transactions of over $10,000 must be reported and I am sure the families finacial records have been checked. If there is no explaination for the money, then the obvious conclusion is that they were up to something illegal. If they had a business, this could represent "cash skimming", ie tax avoidance on otherwise legally obtained money. If they had no legitamate business then you have to assume something more sinister is involved. So far, I have not learned that the father had any job or other source of income. I wonder if the cash has something to do with the "trouble" he had with his father?

I sort of suspect that once the source of the money is discovered, it will all start to make sense.

There isn't much for publicity on this case, seems like the news has moved on to bigger and better things than 3 MISSING PEOPLE!!! Has anyone been able to find where this is on google earth? Would be interesting to see what the landscape is like. I dont see dad with a dad back, mom an the 6 year old going on a hike.

Oklahoma is an odd place. I've lived in rural NE OK for eleven years now---about two hours from the scene of this disappearance---and, while I've also lived in Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, and Texas, and all states have their little peculiarities, there's something deeply different about the less-populated areas here.

That's not to say there aren't plenty of warm and friendly people. There are. There are many. Great neighbors, salt of the earth people. An abundance of them.

Law enforcement is not known here for solving the big ticket mysteries---yes, it's easy to solve family quarrel murders or known drug user crimes, but once something out of the ordinary comes up, all bets are off. (I can cite the Locust Grove Girl Scout Camp crimes in 1977; the rural Welch murders which precipitated the kidnappings of Ashley Freeman and Lauria Bible; the murder of the Weleetka girls---Taylor Paschal-Placker and Skyla Whitaker; the killing of Pastor Carol Daniels in Anadarko, though this case is still fresh and conceivably could be solved; and numerous others.)

Three people missing from a truck in which there was a substantial amount of money is certainly out of the ordinary. Here in rural Oklahoma, once a thing is done, if it's not mentioned, it didn't happen. And many folks tend toward the clannish, with a deep distrust of LE. It is a state in which favors and past agreements govern an abundance of situations, no matter the seriousness of the activity involved. These situations can also cross the lines between LE and civilians, with predictable results---crimes can go unsolved for many reasons.

Many Oklahomans grow up cherishing the memory of Pretty Boy Floyd and Bonnie and Clyde, Ma Barker and her sons, persons of that ilk---they have become, to some, not gangsters, but folk heroes. It creates a curious dichotomy in terms of our relationship to LE.

Okay, that's my lengthy preamble, and let me just say this is a fascinating thread with superb comments, one I just finished reading, though I heard about the case when the first news of it broke.

The family could have happened onto something as seemingly innocuous as poachers using guns out of season. People have been killed for less. Also, as has been well-noted, perhaps the family happened upon a pot harvest---a second seasonal crop might be ready along about now---or a meth-cooking operation. The truck could possibly have been returned from another location where the bodies are hidden---although we pray that they are still alive---in order to create confusion and shift the crime scene. The dog might have been then left in the vehicle in order to create the illusion that the driver was returning shortly.

Of course, around here, when LE reports a "substantial amount of money" was in the vehicle, it's natural for us to assume the worst, knowing, as we do, the wreckage the drug trade---particularly the meth trade---causes, that this was some sort of drug deal gone awry. True, we also tend to distrust banks---the Great Depression did not end in many rural areas of this state until the 1950s, and it's still deeply felt, and that feeling can be passed down to the generations; as well, survivalists and those who distrust any form of government can be leery of banking institutions, and this may account for the cash on hand, however much it turns out to be---after all, they're reported to have been looking at properties, and if the purchase of mineral rights were to be involved, that will drive the price of 40 acres of land up considerably, even in a remote region in Latimer County.

But the most likely thing, I think, is that they were followed by another vehicle, someone who knew they were searching for property and possibly paying cash (although that in itself is deeply weird), and were then taken to another area. If so---why was the money left in the vehicle? Perhaps someone driving by saw the other vehicle, and perhaps this spooked the perpetrator(s). Although they would have then had access, one would think, to the keys, perhaps after whatever happened, the person(s) decided to cut their losses and not return to a spot where their vehicle could have been identified.

One safe bet: someone in the Red Oak area knows something. But relying on them to relay this information is not a safe bet.

The protective order filed by this man against his own father is deeply interesting; LE may be playing this down in order not to play their cards, thus to create a false sense of security. Or, of course, it may just be happenstance.

Fascinating, eerie stuff, this. Let's hope that, soon, LE will turn up something. But let's don't count on it.

I wonder if LE searched around the first property that they had marked on the map ? Not the one the where the truck was found .
It could be possible some one moved that truck to a different location to stear away what really happened. The cash could have been hidden well in the truck and was not discovered.

For some reason I feel like they got into another vehicle with someone, It just keeps popping up in my mind. Perhaps someone friendly saying they would show them around the area or perhaps someone they are familiar with...this is very odd..

I wonder if LE searched around the first property that they had marked on the map ? Not the one the where the truck was found .
It could be possible some one moved that truck to a different location to stear away what really happened. The cash could have been hidden well in the truck and was not discovered.

Exactly on the cash possibly having been well-hidden. Good point.

Haven't caught up yet ..If this was mentioned sorry but can't LE trace their cell phone pings?

Haven't caught up yet ..If this was mentioned sorry but can't LE trace their cell phone pings?

Speaking of cell phones, since the area is quite remote, I wonder if cell phones would even operate in this isolated region. If not, this may be a reason that the cells were left in their vehicle---if they left their vehicle voluntarily. If there was limited or no coverage, no need to take their cell phones.

Speaking of cell phones, since the area is quite remote, I wonder if cell phones would even operate in this rugged region. If not, this may be a reason that the cells were left in their vehicle---if they left their vehicle voluntarily. If there was limited or no coverage, no need to take their cell phones.

Wow forgot about that. Yeah they probably didn't work..Thanx.

We have a remote cabin here in Colorado, now mind you it sits at about 11,000 feet in the middle of the forrest. We have no cell phone reception as soon as we are about 2 miles outside of the little town it is located in. I wish we had a map of the area this families truck was located. I have yet to find a specific area that LE has been searching for them. Does any one know ?

Ok this lawsuit that was filed, was that filed by Bobby himself against his dad or filed by the teenage son against Bobby and his mom ? I have read this so I am confused. I do not believe the teenage son lived with them. Here is a link to were I was reading this stuff:

http://www.mccooler.net/cgi-bin/mcblogscgi?Layout=

Scroll down until you see the article " Family Still Missing " and hit the comment button and read from there...

We have a remote cabin here in Colorado, now mind you it sits at about 11,000 feet in the middle of the forrest. We have no cell phone reception as soon as we are about 2 miles outside of the little town it is located in. I wish we had a map of the area this families truck was located. I have yet to find a specific area that LE has been searching for them. Does any one know ?
=====================================================

Panola Mountain, 6.5 miles from Red Oak area, dirt road in an isolated area near a well-site where a natural gas drilling rig had once been.

Other news sites have video.

Ok this lawsuit that was filed, was that filed by Bobby himself against his dad or filed by the teenage son against Bobby and his mom ? I have read this so I am confused. I do not believe the teenage son lived with them. Here is a link to were I was reading this stuff:

http://www.mccooler.net/cgi-bin/mcblogscgi?Layout=

Scroll down until you see the article " Family Still Missing " and hit the comment button and read from there...
---------------

From all news accounts I have read, it was Bobby filing against his dad and mom. I don't think it was the teen age son.

I wonder if the Sherrif looked at the geological land area for old and closed mines that this family could have fell victim to ? Just a thought...I have lots of questions but of course no answers...lol
Maybe I need to email some reporter with a list of questions and see if they would go ask....:)

---------------

From all news accounts I have read, it was Bobby filing against his dad and mom. I don't think it was the teen age son.

Thank You , this was my account as well as to what happened...

from topix:
one poster says there will be a search Oct. 28, 7:30am, Red Oak, sponsored by NCMEC.
No news articles found yet to confirm.

I wonder if the Sherrif looked at the geological land area for old and closed mines that this family could have fell victim to ? Just a thought...I have lots of questions but of course no answers...lol
Maybe I need to email some reporter with a list of questions and see if they would go ask....:)

The fact that unmanned drones have flown over the search area and taken hundreds of pictures (http://www.mcalesternews.com/local/local_story_300110700.html) indicates that they're pulling out the stops in the attempt to locate the family. I live in an area where an abundance of capped, and not-so-capped, mines permeate the landscape, and this region has been well-known as a body dumping ground as, once the body's dropped down a mine, rarely will that body be found---another big concern if the family has met their fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SGS3030