TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
And since the other "weird stuff" guy lives out of state now, I don't think the other SUSPECTS are in the "weird stuff" category? LMBO. How can I say that and still follow the rules about only talking about some stuff in the basement, but it needs to be said up here regarding "other suspects"?

I don't know what I think since we haven't heard much and what we have heard, I don't know if it has been confirmed..such as SA moved back in with his mom..but is now living with grandma. Grandma had given LE permission to take her computer and then called and said she was on her way to get it. I feel sure LE had time to get what they needed, but still makes you go hmm..

lol, LE slapped that computer in evidence real quick when they found out mom was coming to get it. I wonder if he moved in with GM to keep the focus off of moms? It would be harder to gt a search warrant for moms house and land, without him living there.

From personal experiences of mine and my daughters- there are several places around Dunn that you do NOT get any signal what-so-ever...but those places are off 208 and down the county roads. When we were in the area this past weekend our Sprint phones were either roaming or had zero signal..mostly had zero signal if we were down quite a way off 208

Dunn Investigation Still Zeroing In On Adkins

Shortly after 10:00 a.m. Monday, law enforcement in Scurry County was on the lookout for a vehicle carrying someone a witness believed to be Hailey. The initial tip was given to authorities in Mitchell County. Numerous officers searched up and down Highway 208 and were unable to locate the vehicle matching the description.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332017

I hope the "false sightings" are not starting............KWIM?

Highway 208...no cell coverage per a local and a tip there's a vehicle carrying Hailey. Coincidence?

lol, LE slapped that computer in evidence real quick when they found out mom was coming to get it. I wonder if he moved in with GM to keep the focus off of moms? It would be harder to gt a search warrant for moms house and land, without him living there.
Nah, I don't think so. They have his cell pinging in the area of mom's house and he said himself that's wehre he went on Monday. So, I would think getting a search warrant wouldn't be all that difficult.

i know a lot of people are saying the license issue doesn't really mean anything as far as this case goes, but I've been doing some research and something doesn't seem right.
for failure to pay it should have been a lapsed license.
and also seems to be a big difference between suspended and revoked licenses
http://nursinglink.monster.com/benefits/articles/4771-10-ways-to-lose-your-nursing-license

My memory of this:
Check bounced, resulting in LAPSED license. She continued to practice as a nurse (hospital got certification before Board realized the check was bad) and for THAT, her license was SUSPENDED. When she failed to appear at the hearing, it was REVOKED.

Sorry to disagree with you, but if they are called to a location for any reason, they have to make a report of it. Since these calls go through dispatch, then I think it would not be so simple to just ignore it because they don't feel like doing the paperwork. Every time they respond to a call, it gets reported, that's a requirement... if they fail to turn in their reports in a timely manner, they get disciplined. Do it several times, they might lose their jobs.

bbm~
and rightly so..in part for circumstances such as this..Every LE officer I know says that the paperwork from every single call takes up MOST of their time..

It would seem Nancy Grace is not going to be discussing Hailey Dunn tonight after all. I doubt she would preempt her planned show.

HLN's Nancy Grace Monday will launch two months' worth of special programs on missing people, hoping prime time attention can loosen fresh clues in some cases that are as much as 20 or 30 years old.

http://www.news-herald.com/articles/2011/01/17/life/nh3531703.txt
That new show is at 9PM - its a special. I think Joy Behar has been cancelled (or something) but NG's regular show is still at 8PM.

Working on a new thread will be closing this one in a few...

That's what I'm saying.....she lost faith in the TEST. Her being upset would have been a legit reason to fail hers, it's like she doesn't see that. He had NO legit reason to fail his.......but instead of thinking "Oh, I failed MINE because I was upset now WHY did he fail his?" She just thinks, "Oh the test aren't reliable". It never dawns on her, Hey he might have failed HIS because he's guilty?

I think most likely prior to that she had a layperson's faith that LDTs were pretty reliable, and now she knows first hand that there are reasons you can fail other than guilt....
Whether SA had any legitimate reason, or how far Billie would go in her own mind to ascribe some other reason to his failure, I can't say. She obviously doubted him enough to have him move out, but not enough to cut off all contact irrevocably...

Highway 208...no cell coverage per a local and a tip there's a vehicle carrying Hailey. Coincidence?

I don't think so. I'm thinking it's about time for down right FAKE tips to be called in to muck up the investigation, so people can start yelling "LE is ignoring the tips, and they are just determined to hang SA and BD".

:welcome5:
IMO Dispatch has a record of the call you are talking about, but if a officer can solve the dispute or get the parties to resolve the dispute and no complaint is filed, then it would be proper to say NO REPORT taken, meaning there is no farther action needed at this time. but the call is logged at dispatch, and then logged as no complaint filed. IMO

My memory of this:
Check bounced, resulting in LAPSED license. She continued to practice as a nurse (hospital got certification before Board realized the check was bad) and for THAT, her license was SUSPENDED. When she failed to appear at the hearing, it was REVOKED.

That's what I recall as well..and when she failed to appear at the hearing, she was also fined..

From personal experiences of mine and my daughters- there are several places around Dunn that you do NOT get any signal what-so-ever...but those places are off 208 and down the county roads. When we were in the area this past weekend our Sprint phones were either roaming or had zero signal..mostly had zero signal if we were down quite a way off 208

Would be great to have a map of that area that would show where "No Service" occurs.

Nah, I don't think so. They have his cell pinging in the area of mom's house and he said himself that's wehre he went on Monday. So, I would think getting a search warrant wouldn't be all that difficult.

I hope it's not difficult.

Are you saying BD didn't inhale either?!:crazy:

Funny you brought up ole Bill, because every time I hear BD talking about the drug situation, Bill's "but I didn't inhale" comes to mind.

I will never understand that "I didn't inhale". What was the point then?

I don't know how many readers here on Hailey's thread followed the abduction and murder of Canadian 8 year old Victoria Stafford on her way home from school in 2009, but I have to say, that there are some parallels to Hailey's case.

-Victoria's mother was extremely unemotional, she had press conferences everyday, and her behaviour was not what the general public "thought" it should be. Along with Victoria's mother, the mother's boyfriend and also her best friend were top POI's the entire investigation.

-Some of the people around Victoria were involved with drugs, including Oxycontin.

-While LE had great difficulty ruling out family members, they also ran a parallel investigation, and did make 2 arrests (1 conviction to date), and, despite the appearance of guilt, Victoria's family was innocent.

So, while the appearance, actions, history and circumstance of Billie and Shawn may extremely suspect, leaving little room for doubt, it would be best if everyone take note of the fact that things can seem suspicious and mean nothing at all to the case.

That new show is at 9PM - its a special. I think Joy Behar has been cancelled (or something) but NG's regular show is still at 8PM.

OT - Joy Behar has been moved to 10pm. Don't know what is going to the 9pm slot? I heard Dr. Drew got a show but can't remember if it's HLN or CNN. So maybe he's affecting the show times changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member