MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen where the family said they couldn't talk to LE because they had a media deal.

What I have seen is that they aren't talking to media because they have a deal with a national news network.

Fantastic.

Well, I guess if it helps bring baby Lisa home, it's worth it...although I will say that this case is getting a TON of national media attention already. So, taking time away from helping LE find Lisa and shifting it towards more national media interviews is a...interesting (..not sure of the right word there) approach, at best.

I just hope, and pray, Lisa comes home safe and soon.

Fantastic.

Well, I guess if it helps bring baby Lisa home, it's worth it...although I will say that this case is getting a TON of national media attention already. So, taking time away from helping LE find Lisa and shifting it towards more national media interviews is a...interesting (..not sure of the right word there) approach, at best.

I just hope, and pray, Lisa comes home safe and soon.

Not to mention that many national news networks have supposedly paid large sums of money to "license" photos.

I haven't seen where the family said they couldn't talk to LE because they had a media deal.

What I have seen is that they aren't talking to media because they have a deal with a national news network.

But what does that mean? They have agreed to only speak to one national network, as in an exclusive? I just don't get it. How can they even be thinking about things like that right now?

I've been wondering how many vehicles this family has?

I didn't like this deal as soon as I heard the mother didn't put that baby in her crib to sleep until 10:30 P.M.

Then we hear Daddy came home at 4:00 A.M. from work.

I don't like it. At All.

Just My Opinion.....

..she says she put the baby to bed as usual at 7-7:30.

..the mom then checked on her @ 10:30 as she went to bed.

But what does that mean? They have agreed to only speak to one national network, as in an exclusive? I just don't get it. How can they even be thinking about things like that right now?

Yeah usually that means an exclusive. And I don't know how they could be thinking of it. Probably the news network approached them with the offer.

But I would think it would be very limiting at a time when it was important to get the info about their missing child in front of the media as soon as possible and as many of them as possible. If their child was abducted and they were only interviewing with channel X, what if every one in the abductors neighborhood only watched channels Z and Q?

mysteriew posted this link in the last thread on this; http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-lis...rch-for-missing-baby-20111006,0,2371703.story

From the story;

...On Thursday night, FOX 4 attempted to contact the family at a Northland home where they are now staying, where an unidentified woman claimed that the family had "a deal" with a national news network and refused to talk to the media....

What does that mean, they have a deal with a network...I don't want to think they are going to get paid to talk about their missing baby...

I'm just coming into this and it's been going on for four days now and it's one of those topics that's impossible to keep up on because threads move so fast, so forgive me if this has been said already.

That's what it sounds like to me. If it were my kid missing I wouldn't restrict anything. I'd want every news show, every talk show, every talent show and every other type of show to be putting her face out there and asking people for tips.

Now the question is what will the money be used for? Maybe a one night push off of one network will enable them to hire a private investigator or assist with more posters etc. Anything other than looking for the kid isn't going to bode well.

There are three cell phones missing. They can't track them. Where was the last place they pinged?

If they only have cell service and no land lines it would make sense that a perp would take the cells so they couldn't call for help quickly. However, they'd have to be bunched together, which is possible, or the person knew where they were and that there were only three (Maybe some were left behind) and if so how did they know that?

My guess is LE learned of the media deal and asked the family to back out or hold off because it could jeopardize the investigation. The family probably told LE to go suck a egg. That would mean LE is right but the family thinks they are, they just want to do it their way.

That's an excellent analysis.

Steely Dan, the family claims that all three phones were on a counter, either charging or something, all together. Now word on any pings or any calls made, of course.

Maybe they will give a reason why they will only go on National News? I can guess why they wouldn't do NG. If it were happening to us, no way unless there was no other choice unless tempted by a lot of money for pics etc, because we had no resources..gah! I hope the families missing loved ones will one day will have their own station or better yet get commercial/federal/state/city backing to put their loved ones out there who are missing however they can without the drama! No way for me to go to NG if anyone is missing in our family. just saying. jmo

But the hinky is up.

LOL SD for coming in in the middle so to speak you are pretty accurate.

Except that nvrforgtn originally posted the link. But when ??? came up I had the link handy because I had responded to it, so I reposted it.

I have just been lurking the last few days...but saw a news report on my local Orlando's late night news show with interesting story....

An elderly women was robbed in her own home, in the interview for the news she stated that "they even took my phone as they left and I had to go out in the yard and start yelling at people to call 911 but nobody would listen."

Maybe this taking of phones is becoming common with criminals.

Maybe they will give a reason why they will only go on National News? I can guess why they wouldn't do NG. If it were happening to us, no way unless there was no other choice unless tempted by a lot of money for pics etc, because we had no resources..gah! I hope the families missing loved ones will one day will have their own station or better yet get commercial/federal/state/city backing to put their loved ones out there who are missing however they can without the drama! No way for me to go to NG if anyone is missing in our family. just saying. jmo

But the hinky is up.

NG has not bothered with this baby...she is too busy with MJ, her dancing and her Amanda Knox opinions...

Oh I am going to be sick! I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight. I just read something awful on another forum and I'm just hoping and praying it isn't true. I hope that sweet baby girl will be brought back to her family soon.

Any hints on what or where? Is it a theory or rumor?

I have just been lurking the last few days...but saw a news report on my local Orlando's late night news show with interesting story....

An elderly women was robbed in her own home, in the interview for the news she stated that "they even took my phone as they left and I had to go out in the yard and start yelling at people to call 911 but nobody would listen.

Maybe this taking of phones is becoming common with criminals.

That's really sad! :( :phone:

I didn't like this deal as soon as I heard the mother didn't put that baby in her crib to sleep until 10:30 P.M.

Then we hear Daddy came home at 4:00 A.M. from work.

I don't like it. At All.

Just My Opinion.....

The baby went to bed at 7pm, was checked on at 10.30 when the mum went to bed, if I remember correctly.

Steely Dan, the family claims that all three phones were on a counter, either charging or something, all together. Now word on any pings or any calls made, of course.

Thanks, if there aren't any trailing pings that might seem suspicious, but the kidnapper could have just drove fifty feet and thrown them somewhere and they're still in that cell towers area. Has anyone tried to call the numbers on them? After calling the police that's one of the first things I'd do. If I hear it ringing in the back yard or down the street they might have FP on them.

yes, i was wondering too?

For now, I am going to say that it is a rumor. However, just the thought of what I read breaks my heart. I think I need to go to bed and stay off the computer for a while.

Oh I am going to be sick! I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight. I just read something awful on another forum and I'm just hoping and praying it isn't true. I hope that sweet baby girl will be brought back to her family soon.

Are you able to say where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member