Art Harris: Misty is claiming that Haleigh is alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, looks like Misty is using AH's stationery. :wink:

Obviously Misty wrote the note addressed to Nanny and BeBe, it has a childish scrawl, lots of misspellings, and poor grammar. I do hope the girl makes use of her time and continues her education behind bars. She's really going to need it in 25 years. No education, a prison record. Man, that's a tough rap to beat for someone who thinks she's better than everyone.

It took me quite a while before I figured out that "pomes" must be "poems".

The signatures on all the pages do appear more like her handwriting than the rest of the writing on the pages. She may have had to rush to sign them through the bars while the ghostwriter sat in the cell next to her. One never knows what goes on in those places. I would imagine prisoners do writing jobs for other prisoners the same way college and high school students are willing to do papers for others for a price. It's not new having a classmate type term papers for other students. Prisoners probably do the same in exchange for cigarettes, grooming supplies, and other types of payments.

Misty dictates or jots down her thoughts, and the other person writes it down, then rewrites it into better language and a neater script. Quite simple, actually.

One thing for sure, it has Misty written all over it with "I", "I", "I", "me", "me", "me". That's what makes me think Misty did know what was going on and she probably had a big part in what went into those pages.

It appears that she doesn't know her parents have been released. She mentions "I hope Momm is heging in there (?)...I hope when she gets out she dose right...". Has no one told her Lisa's been out for a while?

Ask, Lisa is in jail. Sentenced to about 6 months with 48 days credit. Just happened this month.

I'm sure it must have come from the prison? Or else Grandma Flo is yanking our chains. Prison letters have prison stamps on them so people know they are getting a letter from a prisoner.

I'm actually toying with the thought that someone wrote this for Misty and sent it to her in prison, Misty signed them and then mailed the letter along with her cover letter to Grandma Flo.

Ask, Lisa is in jail. Sentenced to about 6 months with 48 days credit. Just happened this month.

Thanks for the reminder. It slipped my mind. Lisa went in and didn't Hank get out? It's difficult to keep up with the Putnam County revolving cell doors. :crazy:

Thanks for the reminder. It slipped my mind. Lisa went in and didn't Hank get out? It's difficult to keep up with the Putnam County revolving cell doors. :crazy:

You're welcome, Lisa is in, Hank Sr. is out at least until his next court date in Feb. 2011. In and out, in and out. What a life.

JMO> I don't believe Misty wrote the letter. I don't believe she dictated the letter. Is it possible she is signing autographs for money? My belief is that she is signing blank pages for cash.

LOL! It's kinda like they are taking turns...........:woohoo:

Oh for heaven's sake. If there is anything we have learned in this case, I would think it is to be skeptical of anything said by any of the players and especially Misty Croslin.

I think Misty is just looking for 15 more minutes of fame, and think she has to tell another lie to get it.

MerryChristmas to everyone. Be safe. It's snowing in Georgia!:great:

I just read the letter/poems, & have a hard time picturing Misty coming up with some of those words & phrases. It has the feel of an outside writer...someone who didn't know Haleigh at all. weird. I CAN picture Misty reading someone else's work, & thinking it was good. What struck me, was the handwriting, on the cover letter. I bet a handwriting expert, could have a field day, analylizing that. talk about erratic & all over the place. wow. If it's an indicator of her emotional state, I'd say that Misty needs some serious counseling.

OK, so i was finally able to read those letters...lol. Here is what i think...it is VERY clear that Misty didn't write those letters herself.(except the cover letter) The handwriting just doesn't match. As far as the words spoken in the letter i don't know. It could very easily be Misty saying and the person writing it, switches it around, to make it sound better. JMO

The other day some good points were made about Misty's 'dream'. After thinking about it, it doesn't seem like Misty's willing to talk about that night in direct terms, but does seem willing to talk about it in abstract terms...anyway, thinking about the dream, got me to thinking about this letter. I can't imagine Misty actually writing it, but I do think it's likely that she was dictating, approving, disapproving, etc...so it's MOO that there may be a lot of Misty in this letter and it might answer a few questions. So from this perspective, here goes...the 1st thing that jumps out at me is Misty seems like a different person, without Ron guiding her-less hard, less guarded, and more her age. One of the 1st things she talks about is the thousands of messages all playing at once. Could this be all of the conflicting reasons people don't want her talk versus the reasons she needs to talk? She then says, I'm not a bad person, I've just made some bad choices. Besides being the understatement of the year, could this be Misty trying to analyze her actions? a decent person who did something bad? She then calls Haleigh a princess-a completely romanticized and detached description...something I've noticed from other people regarding victims of homicide. She then asks, 'where is she?' & says 'my heart knows she is alive'. Misty knows Haleigh is dead and IMO, she knows where she is, because she used the romanticized term heart instead of a more reality based word. She then moves on to the what ifs...a sign of regret, IMO. What if I wouldn't have fell asleep? What if I would have checked the door? It's weird that after all this time, she's still making an issues of sleep and the door, 2 of the main things that don't add up...but her main alibi. She then mentions her soul...is she making a connection to that night and her own salvation? She then talks about things happening for a reason & Haleigh being snatched from just a few feet away as she slept. I think Misty knows this story doesn't wash. She then talks about her heart shattering into millions of pieces, and what I find interesting, is she uses the word 'shooting' to describe direction. IMO a gun most definitely played a role in this ordeal. Once again, she refers to a dream and what I find most interesting about this whole letter comes next. 'Will I wake up beside Ronald and find Haleigh asleep in her bed?' Was Haleigh actually in her own bed that night & was Ronald there at some point? maybe maybe not, but her mention of a dream makes me think some truth might have been coming out. She then says 'I want to scream'. (I believe she did scream). 'Everyone wants to know what happened. I was asleep, how can I say anything when there is nothing to say?' back to her alibi, BUT she then says, 'how can I be quiet when I want to scream. It's MOO, that Misty wants to tell the truth. She then says ' Listen to me HALEIGH IS NOT DEAD-FIND HER!' and for some reason she put that in quotes. Is she screaming for Haleigh to be found or is she taunting LE? A little later she says, I didn't do anything'. She doesn't say 'to Haleigh' so is she referring to not stopping what somebody else did? idk about this letter, because Misty might not have said these things, but from reading it as is, I get the strong sense that Misty wants to tell the truth and for Haleigh to be found. MOO, and now I'm going to read the poem.

:clap: Very well thought out post. You may be on to something.

Now that's what I call sleuthing!

Excellent post, dodie.

ok, on to the poem...it disturbs me. It seems kind of light weight on the surface, but it's dark. The 1st thing she talks about is the night of Feb 9th, so maybe this happened before the wee hours. If she was asleep & then woke up, I think she would've referred to it as the next day, the 10th. She then says 'I don't know why this happened', not how it happened, so it's MOO that Misty knows exactly what happened. A little later she admits that this was a horrible crime, (not an accident), and that Haleigh's life was taken. I've noticed Misty often seems preoccupied with how small & innocent Haleigh was...even in interviews she referred to her as being little. Her stanza of Haleigh vanishing in the night is romanticized & her saying she won't give up the fight is weak. Misty knows the law is against her, she's scared and she's torn. She says she's hurting 'cause no one knows where'...(where Haleigh is?) & this is where it gets fragmented & weird. She says,' But my beautiful sitting side by side and I remember her little shirt with the cartoon design'. Ok, 'side by side' comes right after she says no one knows where, so is Haleigh beside something of significance? Also, Misty refers to a cartoon designed shirt. Why wasn't she more specific? Is this what she was wearing? And then like so often in this case, she talks about clothes. clothes that seem to be waiting for Haleigh's return...which is extra weird to me, because I had a dream a long while back, about that very thing. Misty then says a part of her died also & she calls Haleigh an angel, which is self explanatory, I think, & then another recurring theme comes next. Misty and birth. She says that she didn't give birth to Haleigh, 'But she is mine in all the ways that count, in every sense of the word'. I don't like that at all. She sounds resentful that she didn't give birth but still had to do all the things that a mother should have been doing...(makes me think of her massaging Haleigh's leg cramps). From reading this bit, it seems that Misty is defiant in her entitlement to keep secrets about Haleigh. All of this is just MOO.

misty appears to have problems differentuating between fantasy, dreams and reality. She doesn't do well with reality so a psycholgist needs to explore her fantasies and her dreams.

ok, on to the poem...it disturbs me. It seems kind of light weight on the surface, but it's dark. The 1st thing she talks about is the night of Feb 9th, so maybe this happened before the wee hours. If she was asleep & then woke up, I think she would've referred to it as the next day, the 10th. She then says 'I don't know why this happened', not how it happened, so it's MOO that Misty knows exactly what happened. A little later she admits that this was a horrible crime, (not an accident), and that Haleigh's life was taken. I've noticed Misty often seems preoccupied with how small & innocent Haleigh was...even in interviews she referred to her as being little. Her stanza of Haleigh vanishing in the night is romanticized & her saying she won't give up the fight is weak. Misty knows the law is against her, she's scared and she's torn. She says she's hurting 'cause no one knows where'...(where Haleigh is?) & this is where it gets fragmented & weird. She says,' But my beautiful sitting side by side and I remember her little shirt with the cartoon design'. Ok, 'side by side' comes right after she says no one knows where, so is Haleigh beside something of significance? Also, Misty refers to a cartoon designed shirt. Why wasn't she more specific? Is this what she was wearing? And then like so often in this case, she talks about clothes. clothes that seem to be waiting for Haleigh's return...which is extra weird to me, because I had a dream a long while back, about that very thing. Misty then says a part of her died also & she calls Haleigh an angel, which is self explanatory, I think, & then another recurring theme comes next. Misty and birth. She says that she didn't give birth to Haleigh, 'But she is mine in all the ways that count, in every sense of the word'. I don't like that at all. She sounds resentful that she didn't give birth but still had to do all the things that a mother should have been doing...(makes me think of her massaging Haleigh's leg cramps). From reading this bit, it seems that Misty is defiant in her entitlement to keep secrets about Haleigh. All of this is just MOO.

Keep going Dodie..I like your thinking.

....hmmm. She threatened Amber with taking away her baby since she already got her man. It seems misty has a problem w/boundaries and wants these children as her own. Could she resent their mothers? You betcha!

In research, it is a fact that teenage girls have a keen eye as far as description facial details and clothing of people. This also includes pre-pubertal ones also. They can nail it so well that often the artist drawing shows unkeen likeness to the perps himself. Her not giving any description of what Haleigh was wearing is not normal and, in fact, is deceitful, according to research. She was either not there or covering for what she was or was not wearing. She mentions clothing though. She describes a cartoon shirt, blue denim shorts and a hat. What made her mind go to these items? A special day, event?

Her love for rc is still evident in her fantasy of waking up with rc by her side and Haleigh nearby.

.....Can hardly wait for Dodie to return. I love her translation of the letter.

BBm
Dodie, I really believe you have nailed some things here. Thanks for going back and finding this. The part bolded by me makes me think that Misty is saying something about ownership, posession. Could be that Misty feels that as long as she keeps the secrets about what happened, that Haleigh will always belong to her, "In all the ways that count."
Didn't she tell Amber once that she was gonna take her child (Ron's other child) away from her? And wasn't there something about her wanting to have Ron's baby at one time? Misty may have some deep seated issues about motherhood, which could go back to the relationship she had with her own mother? :waitasec: Just thinking out loud again. I've got to quit doing that.:crazy:

In research, it is a fact that teenage girls have a keen eye as far as description facial details and clothing of people. This also includes pre-pubertal ones also. They can nail it so well that often the artist drawing shows unkeen likeness to the perps himself. Her not giving any description of what Haleigh was wearing is not normal and, in fact, is deceitful, according to research. She was either not there or covering for what she was or was not wearing. She mentions clothing though. She describes a cartoon shirt, blue denim shorts and a hat. What made her mind go to these items? A special day, event?

Her love for rc is still evident in her fantasy of waking up with rc by her side and Haleigh nearby.

.....Can hardly wait for Dodie to return. I love her translation of the letter.

This makes sense Wisp. I don't believe a teenage girl would have said a cartoon shirt. She would have said a "Winnie the Pooh shirt", or a 'Michey Mouse shirt". And the fact that she even used the concept of a cartoon goes back to what you suggested about fantasy. I'm gonna go back and look at this letter and poem a little closer. I would LOVE to have a sit-down and talk to Misty...

Keep going Dodie..I like your thinking.

....hmmm. She threatened Amber with taking away her baby since she already got her man. It seems misty has a problem w/boundaries and wants these children as her own. Could she resent their mothers? You betcha!

Whisp, sorry, I didn't see your post about Amber b4 I posted.

Also, a comment on her resentment, It could be she resented the other mothers, but my bet is she deeply resents her own mother, and probably has (subconsciouly if not consciously) wished someone had taken her away from her own mother. Another personality trait of teenagers is being egocentric, and seeing most things only from their own point of view. I bet whatever her problems are, a lot of them come from her childhood relationship with her mother. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth