TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please be so kind as to remind me of the name of the business located near the burned body recovery site? I am trying in vain to find it.

Rolland something?

TIA

I'm thinking NG producers don't want to have to deal with all of the CORRECTIONS to the STORY they originally reported.

JMO They don't generally worry about accuracies...however they have been reporting on this sad story

http://www.click2houston.com/video/26314232/index.html

News reports that they can not confirm that the woman taken away in the blue-ish car is the woman also charged for kidnapping.
Also reports that the woman charged with kidnapping will be charged with capital murder once the body is ID'd.

Does LE have more than the survelliance? Maybe the woman was paid to dump the body in a ditch?? Just wondering.

Can we all get updated and on the same page? Maybe others can repost some media links for people who are just coming in? Too much misinformation being posted as facts. If something is just your opinion, please follow with an IMO, MOO, or JMO. Thanks!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7356276.html

WS is acting up so I can't quote a post. But the mother did lie about the babysitter per Sgt Harris. I am assuming the story about the video is a lie since Jonathan was at home and didn't need to go anywhere to get a video game.

(snip)
Was not with babysitter

Initial reports that Jonathan had disappeared after running home from a babysitter's house to retrieve a video game turned out to be false, Harris said. The boy's mother eventually admitted that Jonathan was not in the care of a babysitter when he disappeared, he said.
"There was some shame and embarrassment about leaving a kid home alone, but it's not unusual for a 12-year-old to be home alone," Harris said.

Not privy to any other information at all. Just connecting thoughts and kind of theorizing, based on human behavior and addicts' behavior. I hope this makes sense:

Most of us would assume that if he was at a babysitter's house, that a) this would be different than his home, b) he wouldn't live at the babysitter's house, c) if he was at the babysitter's house, there would actually be a babysitter there, watching him. So AD said he was at the babysitter's house, which was the truth, and let everyone assume that someone was watching him. She didn't actually lie, IMO.

It's also typical addict/dependant behavior to make statements that one knows others will fill in the blanks on, and then be innocent of misleading folks. AD, in her mind, could be upset and indignant that LE did not jump on things soon enough, because it wasn't her fault that LE jumped to conclusions and then thought she was telling lies. That's all my supposition, of course.

I agree that this could be the way it went down! I also understand why LE reacted the way they did; that's their job. They have to begin in the middle of the circle and work their way out, and I believe they did that. It was very unfortunate that it all went down the way it did because there's always the chance he could have been found before he was murdered if the information had been given out to the public immediately. This is tragic all the way around!

:praying: for the family of this beautiful young man!

:pullhair:
I just went to hunt down the video I spoke of earlier. Now they have the correct roommates name up. I agree with others this is the worst reporting I have ever seen in too many years to mention.

But back to my thoughts.
Does anyone know how long Mom has known this roommate?
I have not seen this reported anywhere.
Or should I say misreported?
:thud:

JMHO

Assuming you are not dealing with drug use, mental illness, being a social outcast, prior run-ins with the law, guilt, or some other form of impairment.... People cover up through omission all the time. AD and DD remind me of parents that I have worked with as a teacher. Trying to get to the bottom of why a kid is absent can take a lot of sleuthing with some parents... Just my opinion, based on experience.

I realize all of that, but, bottom line is, if it's not the truth - it's a lie. And to try and color it any different, to me, is trying to enable those who sure don't need enabling right now. Many people have bad lives, just like you described...but they tell the truth when a child is missing.

Can we all get updated and on the same page? Maybe others can repost some media links for people who are just coming in? Too much misinformation being posted as facts. If something is just your opinion, please follow with an IMO, MOO, or JMO. Thanks!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7356276.html

WS is acting up so I can't quote a post. But the mother did lie about the babysitter per Sgt Harris. I am assuming the story about the video is a lie since Jonathan was at home and didn't need to go anywhere to get a video game.

(snip)
Was not with babysitter

Initial reports that Jonathan had disappeared after running home from a babysitter's house to retrieve a video game turned out to be false, Harris said. The boy's mother eventually admitted that Jonathan was not in the care of a babysitter when he disappeared, he said.
"There was some shame and embarrassment about leaving a kid home alone, but it's not unusual for a 12-year-old to be home alone," Harris said.

Media links are being posted here for reference:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5942445#post5942445"]TX TX - Jonathan Foster 12, missing! Media Links - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I am so frustrated! Waiting all day to hear the ID of the poor body that was supposed to come this morning...waiting all evening for them to name the arrested person. I can't imagine the agony the poor family is going through!

Okay has anybody really found Mona in the "to be booked" alphabet soup search yet?

eta: Sharon appears to be about 56 years old from what I have looked at.

Been out and just catching up...nope, no Ramona or Mona currently on the jail division public info site http://mycity.houstontx.gov/jails/Default.aspx?Lang=en

The site also states:

Please be aware that after 24 hours from booking, the prisoner is transferred to the Harris County jail if the charge is a Class B Misdemeanor or above offense -- DWI, Aggravated Assault, Robbery, Burglary, etc.

Once a prisoner is transferred to the Harris County Jail, they will no longer appear on this website. A time period of up to three hours may transpire before that person shows up on the Harris County Jail website. Please be patient.

In case my hypothesizing is misunderstood, I am not saying that AD is not telling lies. I was explaining why she could feel justified in critiquing how LE has handled things. Perhaps in her mind, she hadn't actually told any lies...

Clearly, She was not being forthcoming with all that she knows, from the beginning. Perhaps due to fear, perhaps due to incompetence, perhaps due to coercion by DD. I am not convinced she had a hand in JF's disappearance, other than putting him in harms way through her acquaintances. IMO.

If your child is at the home where YOU live, you are going to say the child was at home, not the babysitters and then "Oh yeah, well, we live with the baby sitter".

How do we know she didn't? The only issue Harris pointed out was if the babysitter was there or not. Did we have access to what was originally said when the cops first arrived? Also, they had only been staying with the friend a few weeks. The mom has been married to him appr. a year... that being said the apt they moved out of was home to her for a longer time.

I read somewhere today that she said she did blame herself for leaving him alone. Most sixth graders (11/12) that I know are left alone or in charge of younger siblings for small stretches of time. (Not all day but certainly for an hour or two.)

BBM: She should be BLAMING herself, for exposing her precious SON to people who would do unspeakable things to him, when all HE wanted was to be with HER for once in his life. :furious:

In case my hypothesizing is misunderstood, I am not saying that AD is not telling lies. I was explaining why she could feel justified in critiquing how LE has handled things. Perhaps in her mind, she hadn't actually told any lies...

Clearly, She was not being forthcoming with all that she knows, from the beginning. Perhaps due to fear, perhaps due to incompetence, perhaps due to coercion by DD. I am not convinced she had a hand in JF's disappearance, other than putting him in harms way through her acquaintances. IMO.

No disrespect meant but she doesn't exactly seem like the brightest bulb in the box.

Denial is a powerful thing reguardless of intelligence. She'll get around to blaming herself eventually and probably will for the rest of her life. Right now it's easier to point the finger at someone else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueSmurf1