Not open for further replies.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Please continue here.

6a00d8341c630a53ef0115715a8189970c-250wi

Bob Harrod has been missing since July 27, 2009.
He was last seen at his residence by his son in law sometime after 10:00 am the morning of July 27.

Bobs disappearance is being investigated as a homicide and a 50,000 dollar reward is being offered for information about his disappearance.

Authorities are asking anyone with information about Harrod's disappearance to contact detective Dave Radomski at 714-993-8176, or contact the homicide hotline at 714-993-8166.

Bobs Charley Project page:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...od_robert.html

Bobs NamUs page:
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2706/0/

Links to previous threads:

Timeline and Media links only

Forensic Astrology - ROBERT HARROD LastSeen 7/27/09 Placentia, CA - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Links to individual posts containing court documents:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5

court document link: CA CA - Bob Harrod-Documents No discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

While trying to look for information on when the fall season starts for Discovery ID' Disappeared, I found the following FB page for Disappeared.

I'm not a big FB'r so perhaps someone else can add/discuss Bob's info on this page. Disclosure, I would suggest using a FB profile not using your real name, unless you want Bob's daughters to sleuth you and post your private information on the net. That's how they appear to have used the FB page set up for Bob. I did not want that to come as a surprise to anyone, in the event they wish to post about Bob's case on this Disappeared FB page.

http://www.facebook.com/DisappearedonID

The new season has to be soon. I imagine we're now only a few weeks away until Bob's case airs! :woohoo:

Please continue here and may Bob come home soon!

Salem

When the TV show airs, will there be someone who can commit to watching it and taking notes for those of us who won't be able to watch it?

It's September already, I keep hoping it will air soon.

When the TV show airs, will there be someone who can commit to watching it and taking notes for those of us who won't be able to watch it?

It's September already, I keep hoping it will air soon.

Absolutely GrainneDhu-I suspect you will see some accompanying media articles around the same time. The National Media is quite taken with this story, and Disappeared's production of it goes a long way towards mitigating the cost of their own fact checking of the story, lol. :)

Maybe we can bring over posts regarding some of the conversation around AH's purchase of a new house? I think there was a very relevant discussion going on around how it was possible for him to qualify for a loan of that size given his track record of payment. Or lack there of. He purchased the house for 719K. To qualify for a jumbo loan, I believe he would be required to put a minimum downpayment of 141K+ to get the house. In his deposition, he couldnt recall where he stashed any of the money he was NOT paying towards his note with Bob- as a reminder, both AH and PB made sworn statements that AH's loan was to be forgiven upon Bob's DEATH.

I hope Mrs Harrod forgives me the emphasis on the word. :(

I am certain Mrs. Harrod understands. :(

Re: the loan. I was wondering if there was some way he possibly reverse-mortgaged it?

I am certain Mrs. Harrod understands. :(

Re: the loan. I was wondering if there was some way he possibly reverse-mortgaged it?

How does that work?

I thought a reverse mortgage was where someone who owns their home free and clear gets a payment from the mortgage company every month and then when the homeowner dies, the mortgage company takes possession of the house. Which usually means that the homeowner has to be fairly old to qualify.

So I am totally confused here.

How does that work?

I thought a reverse mortgage was where someone who owns their home free and clear gets a payment from the mortgage company every month and then when the homeowner dies, the mortgage company takes possession of the house. Which usually means that the homeowner has to be fairly old to qualify.

So I am totally confused here.
I hear you, but imagine a situation (legal or fraud) where that setup could occur, .

Heck, I'm tired (and very jaded). I have great hopes that LE is looking deeply into all of the financial facts of Mr. Harrod's, family and associates.

Please don't let me/us/Mr. Harrod/Mrs. Harrod down, LE. Obviously not in the order of priority. ;)

I would think it would be problematic for the co conservators if they participated in the purchase of the home. I doubt they have carte blanche per se in the mediation agreement they signed with Mrs Harrod in March of 2010...I just cant believe that they have a written free for all for any of the trusts. I am certain that they have some kind of ability to maintain the estate in the happy hope that Bob returns, but I doubt there is some kind of written document that allows them to give/lend massive amounts of money to anyone...including family.

I am still trying to acertain how Andrew might have done this on his own. Good on 'im if he had the scratch hidden away, or a secret source, or a massive 401k (then why the loan default?) or whatever.

If Bob's money is involved in the purchase, it will be easy enough to find out because of the mandatory reporting that was part of the judges order. Every 180 days.

Oh wait. The track record for filing those audits in a timely manner are pretty weak. Maybe we should do an over/under on whether or not the next one is filed within a year of it's due date....just kidding.

I am hoping the current quiet indicates a whole lot of hive activity-we know we have a dedicated police department. We know they want to close this one high profile outstanding case.

Justice is coming. Look at Jhessye Schockley's case-no body but there was a grand jury indictment based upon witness testimony and whatever trace physical evidence they have. Link Here To Jhessye

For that matter, look at Drew Peterson. A conviction perhaps based at least in part on hearsay and a revised ME report. It just shows you that people recognize a duck when they see one.

Oh what I would give for a no body murder charge in this case. Now that might get someone fessing up about Mr. Harrods location.

I find myself considering the possibility it is not forensic evidence LE lacks to file charges, but rather they are waiting for something else which would allow them to make multiple arrests.

LE should be looking at not only possible mortgage fraud but also embezzlement and money laundering.

Re: a possible reverse mortgage situation (fraudulent or otherwise.) I don't know exactly how that would work to be honest, but I do know a couple in their late 50's who managed to finance a $900,000+ home that way, which is what made me wonder. Neither are in knowing danger of dying anytime soon- knock on wood- and they did not own their other home outright (the one they sold and then transferred the $$ from that loan into the new home purchase.) Obviously the idea IS that they will lose/pay everything to the mortgage co/bank when they die...and as a result the idea is that they intend on remaining in the home for the remainder of their lives. But I do wonder if this is something that is problematic in the mortgage fraud dept? They also had previously taken out two other mortgages on their 1st home (it had significantly increased in value over time.)

Anyway- not sure? Maybe Cubby could weigh in? I have been wondering if it is possible that umm....maybe one fraud was actually victim to another? Does that make any sense?

What if Andrew put down 14K and financed 705K? Walk me through this one because I absolutely positively do not see how this is even ethical for a bank to agree to lend under those circumstances.

Harrod, A and (redacted)
(redacted) YORBA LINDA, CA 92886-7817
APN: 326-092-07 ORANGE COUNTY
Prior Transfer - 06/20/2012
Recording Date: 06/20/2012
Document#: (redacted)
Price: $719,000.00
Document Type: Grant Deed
First TD: $705,977.00
Type of Sale: Full-Computed from Transfer Tax
First TD Doc: (redacted)
Lender Name: CALIBER FUNDING LLC

Help me out with this stuff....

Re: a possible reverse mortgage situation (fraudulent or otherwise.) I don't know exactly how that would work to be honest, but I do know a couple in their late 50's who managed to finance a $900,000+ home that way, which is what made me wonder. Neither are in knowing danger of dying anytime soon- knock on wood- and they did not own their other home outright (the one they sold and then transferred the $$ from that loan into the new home purchase.) Obviously the idea IS that they will lose/pay everything to the mortgage co/bank when they die...and as a result the idea is that they intend on remaining in the home for the remainder of their lives. But I do wonder if this is something that is problematic in the mortgage fraud dept? They also had previously taken out two other mortgages on their 1st home (it had significantly increased in value over time.)

Anyway- not sure? Maybe Cubby could weigh in? I have been wondering if it is possible that umm....maybe one fraud was actually victim to another? Does that make any sense?

I have been reading about balloon loans...I think they are called an interest only mortgage as well? I wonder if they require a tiny downpayment and then there is a promise to make one massive payment at the end of the loan. I mean it is a race against time I suppose. Perhaps AH expects to have the ability to either refinance to a traditional mortgage or he expects to receive something outside of his bequest from Bob's trust.

In the interest of fairness, there has to be a legit means for this loan to have happened...right? Real Estate is not my thing....

Balloon mortgages and interest only loans are two different things afaik. I think interest only loans are a thing of the past. A balloon mortgage is amortized like a 30 year mortgage at a lower interest rate for a set number of years, say 5 years, and at the end of that term (5 years in this example) the balance of the unpaid loan is due. A balloon mortgage would be of interest to someone planning on staying in a property for only a few years. If they sell within the term they are ok, otherwise they have to refinance, or pay off the balance of the amount borrowed at the end of the set term.

Some interesting info regarding jumbo loans:

Pledged Assets: Typically, a jumbo purchase loan requires a 30 percent down payment. Thanks to the perk of “pledged assets”, you don’t have to provide this all in cash. With pledged assets, you can pay as little as 10 percent down in cash, and pledge the extra 20 percent as collateral from your existing assets. In other words, you can say “I have so many dollars in stocks and I will use this as collateral so I don’t have to pull it out.”

http://www.centralcoastlending.com/...is-back-unique-opportunities-for-a-borrowers/

In this case, it's difficult to say what exactly the 'conditions' were for AH's loan. LE would be remiss if they were not looking at where and how Bob's money might be spent, or tied up, or 'pledged' so to speak.

ETA: Mortgage loans have conditions set which must be met in order for the financing to be appropved. LE, as I said, would be remiss to not look into what specifically occured with the financing aspect of AH's home, which conditions and how they were met. Especially since they have stated the motive for his disappearance is money.

I have been reading about balloon loans...I think they are called an interest only mortgage as well? I wonder if they require a tiny downpayment and then there is a promise to make one massive payment at the end of the loan. I mean it is a race against time I suppose. Perhaps AH expects to have the ability to either refinance to a traditional mortgage or he expects to receive something outside of his bequest from Bob's trust.

In the interest of fairness, there has to be a legit means for this loan to have happened...right? Real Estate is not my thing....

You're giving me the creeps, now that I can see where you are heading with this.

What I can't figure out is how he talked a bank or whatever into giving him the mortgage in the first place, balloon or otherwise. I had the impression that the days of no documentation needed loans was over.

Balloon mortgages and interest only loans are two different things afaik. I think interest only loans are a thing of the past. A balloon mortgage is amortized like a 30 year mortgage at a lower interest rate for a set number of years, say 5 years, and at the end of that term (5 years in this example) the balance of the unpaid loan is due. A balloon mortgage would be of interest to someone planning on staying in a property for only a few years. If they sell within the term they are ok, otherwise they have to refinance, or pay off the balance of the amount borrowed at the end of the set term.

Some interesting info regarding jumbo loans:

Pledged Assets: Typically, a jumbo purchase loan requires a 30 percent down payment. Thanks to the perk of “pledged assets”, you don’t have to provide this all in cash. With pledged assets, you can pay as little as 10 percent down in cash, and pledge the extra 20 percent as collateral from your existing assets. In other words, you can say “I have so many dollars in stocks and I will use this as collateral so I don’t have to pull it out.”

http://www.centralcoastlending.com/...is-back-unique-opportunities-for-a-borrowers/

In this case, it's difficult to say what exactly the 'conditions' were for AH's loan. LE would be remiss if they were not looking at where and how Bob's money might be spent, or tied up, or 'pledged' so to speak.

ETA: Mortgage loans have conditions set which must be met in order for the financing to be appropved. LE, as I said, would be remiss to not look into what specifically occured with the financing aspect of AH's home, which conditions and how they were met. Especially since they have stated the motive for his disappearance is money.

14K isnt close to 10 percent but oh my I bet you hit right on what happened here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie