NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when/where is the hearing? And who's thinking of going? Thanks!

The next hearing date is April 15. You can check the calendar here:
http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/cal...y=250&agency=999&officer=Bowman&submit=Search

I'm thinking of going if I can possibly swing it. Even if it ends up being postponed yet again, I really like the idea of a public showing for Shaniya. I don't want her memory to fade, and I want everyone to know that she has not been forgotten and that we expect justice.

I am also working on an additional idea, but I'm not sure there's enough public information for me to pull it off. I'd like to present the prosecutor with a gift of sorts... perhaps a well-written memorandum supporting the elements of hypothetical charges against certain individuals who could have prevented this tragedy, but didn't. Who knows... maybe it will provide an impetus toward justice for Shaniya. Worst case, I will have actively done *something*.

Hoppy, it is just difficult to answer that particular question thoroughly and accurately without running afoul of warnings we've been given.

Were we ever able to determine what the formal custody arrangement was for Shaniya, or did we conclude that there was no formal arrangement? I will look back myself if nobody recalls.

I'm not Hoppy, but I'd like to answer this.

After following this case since the beginning, reading and re-reading threads and media articles I can say I've never seen anywhere that said there was a formal custody arrangement.
I think this may have been a big part of the problem.

BL and Aunt Carey really didn't have the authority to go get Shaniya when AD suddenly stated they could not have her back or would never see her again. (Whatever she said to Carey on the phone)

That's my take on it anyway.

I don't think BL ever had legal custody and it was never an issue because AD didn't want her until she saw profit or free drugs when she looked at her daughter.

JMO

I'm not Hoppy, but I'd like to answer this.

After following this case since the beginning, reading and re-reading threads and media articles I can say I've never seen anywhere that said there was a formal custody arrangement.
I think this may have been a big part of the problem.

BL and Aunt Carey really didn't have the authority to go get Shaniya when AD suddenly stated they could not have her back or would never see her again. (Whatever she said to Carey on the phone)

That's my take on it anyway.

I don't think BL ever had legal custody and it was never an issue because AD didn't want her until she saw profit or free drugs when she looked at her daughter.

JMO

Thanks so much, Kimberly. The second part of that post was a general question, and not intended to be directed to Hoppy in particular. Thanks for answering!

I just heard the news..and I am sick!! I know all about the rules of bail so on and so forth, but it STILL disgusts me!! I also have my own ideas about the source of the collateral used,and the reasoning behind it.

I must say I am speechless, and good thing...because i could get in ALOT of trouble! Like someone once said, we do not have a Justice system, we have a LEGAL system...two very different animals!

I too am very concerned about this baby she is carrying...

She is staying with an aunt on Mary Street in Fayetteville.

must....go....drive....past...heck I won't be the only one, Ramsey St. is a huge, busy road. I dont know who or what I expect to see. But tomorrow when there is plenty of daylight, I'm gonna see it.

must....go....drive....past...heck I won't be the only one, Ramsey St. is a huge, busy road. I dont know who or what I expect to see. But tomorrow when there is plenty of daylight, I'm gonna see it.

You are my God!!!! I am with you in spirit!!! :)

Southern: Yes JVM did discuss the Shaniya case tonight. BL was a phone guest.

Very sad.

You are my God!!!! I am with you in spirit!!! :)
:blowkiss:

Well folks it was rather uneventful. I was unable to determine which house, but none of it was pretty. At the turn in to Mary st. on one side is a bar/lounge with iron bars on the windows, the corner is the housing authority. There are only about 10 houses on the street, two well maintained, and the others, pretty trashed. There were some shady characters on the corners, but no signs of anyone else being awake or at home on that street.

On the drive I thought of Shaniya being pulled from school, and the wonderful things my own child the same age is enjoying in kindergarten. Shaniya would be reading a book to her parents at night, and most likely a class trip to the circus this week.

It is my understanding that Shaniya was still enrolled at Morganton rd school when she left to live at Sleepy Hollow, that's a long, long drive. Everyone had to know she was not enrolled in a new school near her new home. I know its only one red flag that was missed, I just dont understand why no one thought hey, wait, she is not in school , something is wrong!!!

Anyway.:banghead:
Anyone interested in meeting at the courthouse for the hearing, let me know!

:blowkiss:

Well folks it was rather uneventful. I was unable to determine which house, but none of it was pretty. At the turn in to Mary st. on one side is a bar/lounge with iron bars on the windows, the corner is the housing authority. There are only about 10 houses on the street, two well maintained, and the others, pretty trashed. There were some shady characters on the corners, but no signs of anyone else being awake or at home on that street.

On the drive I thought of Shaniya being pulled from school, and the wonderful things my own child the same age is enjoying in kindergarten. Shaniya would be reading a book to her parents at night, and most likely a class trip to the circus this week.

It is my understanding that Shaniya was still enrolled at Morganton rd school when she left to live at Sleepy Hollow, that's a long, long drive. Everyone had to know she was not enrolled in a new school near her new home. I know its only one red flag that was missed, I just dont understand why no one thought hey, wait, she is not in school , something is wrong!!!

Anyway.:banghead:
Anyone interested in meeting at the courthouse for the hearing, let me know!

Thank you for the play-by-play...I wish I lived closer!! I also need to see things, just for my own sake.

I think about that pic of Shaniya proudly posing with her backpack on I guess the first day of school, and I want to vomit. I am FURIOUS that some of the ADULTS that caused/allowed this to happen are free. I just cant stand it!

A reporter went to the door (about 1 minute into the tape), here is the video from wral:
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/7113946/

I am resisting the urge to get reinvolved with Shaniya's case, and going to try and help protect another child from this sort of possible violence instead. I think she would understand that. No words for these crimes agaist children. Just..ugliness... for all of this.

Shaniya, I don't care what is swirling around you and your case. Know that there are so many of us out here that will NEVER stop thinking of you, or findng justice for you. Peace, honey. Spring will be here soon, and so will your flowers.

Oriah

The Colemans show a poster someone left in the woods.

[ame=http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Shaniya%20Davis/?action=view&current=003-4.flv]
th_003-4.jpg
[/ame]

My concern now is for the unborn baby this momster carries and for her other child........
please I pray she doesn't get them!
Please keep them away from her!
and how can she ever live with herself knowing what she left happen to this sweet innocent baby????
I hope she is haunted daily! JMO

My concern now is for the unborn baby this momster carries and for her other child........
please I pray she doesn't get them!
Please keep them away from her!
and how can she ever live with herself knowing what she left happen to this sweet innocent baby????
I hope she is haunted daily! JMO

Yes Passion, I too hope she never even gets a chance to hold that baby.

But, my imediate concern is the fact that she is out and able to do drugs now. If so, that poor baby will begin to suffer before it's born and suffer more after it's born, even if AD never gets to hold it.

I'm still so outraged that she is out.

Surely they are drug testing her as a condition of the bail??

then again....over and over we see crazy things

surely the state will take her son and this baby from her right??

but then again...over and over we see crazy things

I do agree with Oriah....we need to stop these tragedies,
it just keeps happening

Logical, I hope to heck they are drug testing her.
But, drug tests only show what has already been done...IMO she could have a great deal of drugs ingested before the test and that could do harm.
The drug test is after the fact.

Makes me sick that we are even discussing how she is gonna be able to hurt another child. She should not be out IMO.

I was so glad this baby would not have to drugged because "mom" was in jail. Now, this baby is not ever protected.

Yep Kimberley...I guess I was thinking that might "deter" AD, but then again nothing detered her in the past

you are right....keeping her in jail was the best hope for this innocent baby to be born healthy and not "addicted"...

it is soooo frustrating to think that she is out....you are so right, drug testing "afterwards" won't help the condition of the baby she is carrying

:banghead::banghead::banghead::furious:

The Colemans show a poster someone left in the woods.

Good videos, but I for one cannot believe that once again BL is whining about what HE has to put up with, what bills HE has footed! It gets my blood boiling, ugh!! Maybe its time for another break!!! Grrrr!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave