MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bodies will often surface, drop and the resurface. The temp of the water has a huge impact on how long it takes for decomp to happen and with the cold water temp there it will take quite some time. A body is not going to look very pretty after this amount of time, but there is likely a lot there because of the cold temps. Depending on the river flows the body may have been lodged up until recently when water flow changes shifted it.

Haven't had a chance to go look at a map yet, did the river go nearby where she went missing? In a large river a body could go that far, no problem.

I dont think the river runs in Reisertown but the Susquehanna can be accessed in a few minute drive down 495/95.

I hope that finding Phylicia has given her family some small sense of peace that they can finally bring her home.

I also hope that LE is able to identify the man that was also found, connected to this case or not, he belongs to someone too.

Totally disgusted!!!!!!!

Will TiVo HLN and NG tonight. This is not the time for NG to cover this story? WHY NOW?
I hope NG only interviews or talks with JS. This will not be a good time for the Barnes Family to talk to NG.

The desperate search for missing honors student Phylicia Barnes came to a heartbreaking end Thursday, after an autopsy determined that a body pulled from the Susquehanna River Wednesday was that of the North Carolina teen who vanished from Baltimore in December.

Two law enforcement sources said the autopsy had found that the body was identified as Barnes; state police later confirmed the finding and said a press conference has been scheduled for 8 p.m.

Earlier Thursday, The Sun reported that Baltimore police had provided Barnes' dental records to the state medical examiner's office for comparison to a body found in the river, one of two found Wednesday in the waterway that splits Harford and Cecil counties about 40 miles northeast of Baltimore.

An apparent tattoo on the body appeared to match a tattoo of a rose that Barnes had on her lower right leg, increasing speculation that the 17-year-old's body had been discovered after months of fruitless searching.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-barnes-body-20110421,0,6874419.story

An apparent tattoo on the body appeared to match a tattoo of a rose that Barnes had on her lower right leg, increasing speculation that the 17-year-old's body had been discovered after months of fruitless searching.

If they were able to see her tattoo on her leg then that has to mean that she was recently killed right?

I think it was the cold temperature waters. Does a local know if the surface froze during winter? TIA

God Bless Her

If they were able to see her tattoo on her leg then that has to mean that she was recently killed right?

Not necessarily. The cold water and winter ice might have slowed the normal processes. Even without that, skin can sometimes be preserved for a long time.

I am just........... so lost for words???????????????????

No, the water temperature would have slowed decomposition. She's probably been in the water since the day she went missing.

Totally disgusted!!!!!!!

Will TiVo HLN and NG tonight. This is not the time for NG to cover this story? WHY NOW?
I hope NG only interviews or talks with JS. This will not be a good time for the Barnes Family to talk to NG.

Initially I was infuriated too, Bach50.

Thinking deeper, I believe that this is the OPTIMAL time for NG to tackle PB's case.

I agree that only JS and fam are deserving of the public airways at this time.

The circumstances surrounding the death and dumping of a precious PB are the lowest of the low, and I'm not interested in anyone's damage control.

However, the PRESSURE must continue to mount on these POI's and their foul ranks.

NG can apply that like no other person on television and given that we now know PB's heartbreaking outcome-you can bet your bottom dollar that NG will be particularly VICIOUS and dogged for the truth.

Also, PB's life needs to be celebrated by as many people possible. She has a legacy, her life was not in vain.

ARRESTS ARE IMMINENT, YE GUILTY!

This is the day that you never thought would come.

Neither can I. I am hoping GJ has the info more fresh in her mind or notes.

Maybe I will go back and try and find the posts which mention the fishing..

and link them here or in another post.

What do you want to know about the fishing? I used to go there often, lived in the Baltimore area most of my life. My brother actually lives in Harford County very close to Conowingo. I fished with my dad as a child there a lot. The Susquehanna River is pretty far from where she was staying with her sister. That dam is huge. Like Patapsco State Park it is a popular dumping place for bodies.I've even seen it at creek water level and the bottom is covered in huge sharp boulders and rocks. The water itself even at low level moves pretty hard, enough imo to tear a body up. I know from the Laci Peterson case that the experts said bodies always surface in April because of the change in currents. No doubt she could have been weighted down and stayed stationary up until now. I would hope the ME can tell by damage to the body how far she may have traveled. The area her sister lives in is high crime, pretty much everywhere across the entire state of Maryland is. Her sister resided within the city limits and murders there are very common. They won't solve this. I believe with the FBI involved and the media they will try. The police spokesman stating this being such a different type case is BS. PB wasn't local, honor student, etc. Plenty of girls like PB have been murdered there, their cases aren't put under the microscope and on NG like PB. We have a case here where a girl from Virginia was found dead near the projects and see how they have handled that as one example.

No, the water temperature would have slowed decomposition. She's probably been in the water since the day she went missing.

It was just about the exact amount of time with Laci Peterson and they could see her surgery scar from an appendectomy. I would think if PB wasn't half shredded and in pieces she didn't travel far in that water. Those rocks are huge, sharp and the water runs hard and fast.

Rest In Peace precious angel, your life has greatly impacted many in your short amount of time here on Earth. No One will ever forget your story. The wonderful things you did and accomplished at such a young age. The WORLD Mourns for you Phylicia Simone Barnes. Your story will live on and teach many lessons! Good will always conquer evil and justice will be served swiftly. I am beyond devastated right now. :anguish: Your beautiful smile will always be on my mind. You had so much stolen from you and I am so angry that a human being could be so cold and heartless to have harmed you and leave you in such horrid conditions. That monster may have destroyed your physical body but your soul is wrapped up in GOD's protection now where no will ever harm you again. No more pain. No more suffering. My heart bleeds for your mother, your father, siblings, loved ones and classmates at Union Academy. I will be lifting them up in prayer everyday. May your Life be celebrated! I love you as if you were my own daughter. Well Done Phylicia Simone Barnes GOD has welcomed you into his pearly gates. Watch over us. You may be gone, precious angel, but you will NEVER be forgotten! :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie