Benjaman Kyle Statement from Owner of Websleuths.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand, BK was pretty much blind when he was discovered....and since we can rule out that he became blind during a beating (since he had no injuries when he was found sleeping next to the dumpster) he would have been blind prior to his discovery. That would probably rule out a longshoreman, merchant ship worker, etc. (or coming to "see the ocean".) I looked up missing cruise ship passengers and none matched his description. Don't know about the fingerprints but others on here could answer that questions for you, I am sure.

That is a WHOLE other area of discrepancies (extent, etc) based on various statements made by BK and NB independently...

Worthy of looking into...if one had any interest in continuing to pursue this issue of fraud, but am pondering what the point would be anymore...

Just a quick FYI on scabies from someone who had them....I got them as a child from someone who lived in a group home (family friend) and there was no sexual or unusually close contact. I understand you can get them from clothing, blankets etc. Also it required (for me) multiple visits to a doctor and skin scrapings to diagnose, you don't see mites crawling on folks. I find it unlikely that an EMT would notate scabies, maybe a rash with a notation for suspect scabies or rule out scabies.

Would you believe it if it were reflected on hospital records from an ER doctor?

Just wondering...

I had cataracts so bad I was past legally blind in both eyes and it happened in a short time. I could not watch tv, see the computer screen. I could not see peoples faces. Surgery got me to 20/20 vision and no reading glasses.

I don't know how this happened with you, Dr. Fessel, but it's my understand if a person has the beginnings of cataracts and are put on a medication like Prednisone, their vision can rapidly deteriorate. It happened with a dear little dog I used to have. And this should serve as a warning to everyone, people and pets.

I sometimes have insomnia and one night about a year ago I read many of the threads. I pored over pics posters would place here to look at and compare. For nights in a row I would puzzle over this case.

This case has fascinated me! At a point, tho, I became pretty convinced that just maybe Benjaman had amnesia, then slowly remembered who he was and just let the story go on and on.

All of you regulars on this case worked long and hard for Benjaman out of the goodness of your hearts. I am sorry that it has ended this way. I feel that Benjamin owes it to all of you to come back and tell his story. I have been at WS for a long time before I registered, and I can safely say that I have never posted with as many truly good people as I have here at WS.

JMO, but I feel all of you who have worked so hard deserve to know who this man is. Maybe no names, but know where he is from and what had happened.

JMO

Would you believe it if it were reflected on hospital records from an ER doctor?

Just wondering...

I wasn't really making a statement of my belief or disbelief either way. I was attempting (though maybe not clearly) to explain #1)why the scabies info may not have been obvious right away and may have been referred to as ant bites and #2)just to say that scabies need to be "diagnosed" they're not visible to the naked eye.

I think NB and Bk have other plans...
There will most likley be a book and possibly a movie after (Fitzpatrick? the lady doing the DNA) identifies him..
How wonderful for them all .. they will all be shining in the spotlight!

Will I buy the book and watch the movie?

You bet I will!

I sometimes have insomnia and one night about a year ago I read many of the threads. I pored over pics posters would place here to look at and compare. For nights in a row I would puzzle over this case.

This case has fascinated me! At a point, tho, I became pretty convinced that just maybe Benjaman had amnesia, then slowly remembered who he was and just let the story go on and on.

All of you regulars on this case worked long and hard for Benjaman out of the goodness of your hearts. I am sorry that it has ended this way. I feel that Benjamin owes it to all of you to come back and tell his story. I have been at WS for a long time before I registered, and I can safely say that I have never posted with as many truly good people as I have here at WS.

JMO, but I feel all of you who have worked so hard deserve to know who this man is. Maybe no names, but know where he is from and what had happened.

JMO

I really had to give it some thought before believing this story was a fraud. The reason was that I could not belive someone would do this to people trying to help him and because nobody has came forward to say "oh I recognize him, he's a scam artist" This did go on for a while before people got wise to it and it is just hard to swallow that someone could do something like this. it is all confusing and hard to imagine and wrap your mind around. maily becasue it is still a mystery, just a different kind now. So if people do not believe it yet, give them time, it will come to them. It's all kinda glaringly obvious to me now. And by all means, if you belive him, continue to help him on your own time.

There will most likley be a book and possibly a movie after (Fitzpatrick? the lady doing the DNA) identifies him..

You bet I will!

I actually said the same thing to someone off line,Zaha!!! :angel:

You bet I will!

Fiction is always a good thing.

Especially since there will ALWAYS be speculation if BK refuses to provide any proof his story has any truth to it and he hasn't known his identity since the morning he was found laying next to that dumpster and simply chose not to tell anyone.

Kind of like Dalles McKinseys books.......

JMO

You bet I will!

Ooooh, is that a :croc:
:floorlaugh:

Vetted Leads from AASU Flyer thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I copied and pasted this from Believe09 .. bolded by me

The Center for Justice Administration at Armstrong University constructed a flyer in late August of 2009, which was distributed via LE channels beginning in September. All of my personal info was on it for contact, so forgive me if I do not post a copy of the flyer here, lol-I could not figure out how to redact it. The preference of NB was that the leads requiring further investigation be forwarded to her and her "team." You will see in this thread that it was relatively easy to vet the majority of them. I wanted you guys to get a sense of what was called in and from where....

Who is her team? I wonder if Benjaman is even part of it.. or if it's a one person team..
I also wonder what was done with the leads.. especially the Minister R. N..

Another one of the questions that was never really answered Zaha; despite it being asked several times.

Whatever those leads were seemed to have been sucked into a deep black hole in the galaxy somewhere........ Kind of like the numerous questions asked of Mr. Kyle in the questions thread specifically for him. More of nothing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Center for Justice Administration at Armstrong University constructed a flyer in late August of 2009, which was distributed via LE channels beginning in September. All of my personal info was on it for contact, so forgive me if I do not post a copy of the flyer here, lol-I could not figure out how to redact it. The preference of NB was that the leads requiring further investigation be forwarded to her and her "team." You will see in this thread that it was relatively easy to vet the majority of them. I wanted you guys to get a sense of what was called in and from where....

Who is her team? I wonder if Benjaman is even part of it.. or if it's a one person team..

I will have to go back and check-I am pretty sure I ccd FBI Bill on all tips that went directly to NB and BK. Some of the folks who made contact called him directly as well. It was pretty transparent FWIW. Some required more digging than others, some were obviously not a match. There were a few that kept me up because I was so sure we finally had a match... :) Would have been nice given the almost 1000.00 cell phone bill I ended up with, lol!!!!!

I will have to go back and check-I am pretty sure I ccd FBI Bill on all tips that went directly to NB and BK. Some of the folks who made contact called him directly as well. It was pretty transparent FWIW. Some required more digging than others, some were obviously not a match. There were a few that kept me up because I was so sure we finally had a match... :) Would have been nice given the almost 1000.00 cell phone bill I ended up with, lol!!!!!
:eek: :steamed:

If I recall, Juan Doe was found in June 2009 and by October of 2009 he had been identified. It took 3 years before BK's story even got out. I think I would be frustrated by that time also.

Then we look at Juan Doe and his memories. He had quite a few false memories and had more time gone by before he was identified he may have had more false memories surface.

For example:

He told LE his birth date was 3/2/1959 - He told Dreamweaver he thought it was 3/10/1959

He thought his wife and children were killed in a car accident by a drunk driver. Turned out they were very much alive.

The daughter's names he gave weren't even similar to their real names.

The ex-wife's name he gave wasn't similar to her real name.

Thought he had no siblings, he had several

Thought his mother was deceased, she was not.

Thought his car was white or red. It was a 2004 yellow TT Audi convertible.

He thought he lived in New Mexico or Oklahoma. He lived in Texas.
I, myself, can see why there would be inconsistencies in Benjaman's stories.

I am still not ready to write BK off as a total fraud. I reserve the right to change my mind at any time. For now, I am still in his corner.

fyi to other BK thread posters:
Jules and I and several others worked on the Juan Doe, amnesia victim, thread.

I spoke with Juan Doe and he was very eager to answer questions, anything that would help him remember or find his family.
Jules found his pic on the missing TX web site.
His family was thrilled.
I talked with the police and Juan Does' brother.
They drove all night to see him and bring him home.
Juan D happened to have been found in AZ.

Juan was about 180 degrees in his behavior
as opposed to BK.http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4374393&postcount=7

You know,I think that this what bothered me most. The only vetting of leads, was NB and BK and the team. I am pretty sure I asked this question one time, about who was really doing this and the answer was NB and BK. I guess I thought for a long time that LE had determined he was suffering from Amnesia, and that they, LE, were trying to determine his identity. I don't know, something was just always off. And now, I am left to wonder if Websleuthers found his real identity early on, or even not so early on, and he is the one who said it wasn't him.

I will join the chorus of those who doubted and I know for me, I saw others shot down, so I didn't say anything. I realize we are a victim friendly forum, and for the most part, that is right and I think it works well. But, I do wonder if sometimes that keeps the truth from coming out. I know in the future when I get a strong hinky reading on something, even if I don't bring it up in a thread, I will go to a moderator with my feelings.

I have wondered what the motive and I really didn't realize until this weekend that there was what - a 2 year gap between his being found and the beginning of the search. I do think after all I have read, I think Kentjbkent hit it when he said something about the possibility of a lawsuit.

I do hope we can continue trying to find out who he is. As many have said, there are those wanted that might not have prints or DNA on file.

You know,I think that this what bothered me most. The only vetting of leads, was NB and BK and the team. I am pretty sure I asked this question one time, about who was really doing this and the answer was NB and BK. I guess I thought for a long time that LE had determined he was suffering from Amnesia, and that they, LE, were trying to determine his identity. I don't know, something was just always off. And now, I am left to wonder if Websleuthers found his real identity early on, or even not so early on, and he is the one who said it wasn't him.

I will join the chorus of those who doubted and I know for me, I saw others shot down, so I didn't say anything. I realize we are a victim friendly forum, and for the most part, that is right and I think it works well. But, I do wonder if sometimes that keeps the truth from coming out. I know in the future when I get a strong hinky reading on something, even if I don't bring it up in a thread, I will go to a moderator with my feelings.

I have wondered what the motive and I really didn't realize until this weekend that there was what - a 2 year gap between his being found and the beginning of the search. I do think after all I have read, I think Kentjbkent hit it when he said something about the possibility of a lawsuit.

I do hope we can continue trying to find out who he is. As many have said, there are those wanted that might not have prints or DNA on file.

(bold by me) Thank you for posting this. I hope that every member reading here will take away from this experience that EVERY opinion is worth listening to and considering, even if it doesn't fit with what some (or the majority) believe.

Websleuths can still operate as a Victim Friendly site but that doesn't mean discounting very valid points just because those same valid points don't paint the victim in a very favorable light.

I personally can see how some people are questioning and wondering what to believe on this thread if for no other reason than because so many times we were told that LE dropped the ball, didn't follow up, didn't do their job and we were told THAT was fact, take it or leave it. Now the same people are telling us the opposite is fact, take it or leave it. Gets confusing!

One thing is clear, for those who have made up their minds to continue the search to try and unravel the mystery behind BK, there will be no other way than to start at square one and go back through all the possible matches one by one.

Thanks Zaha. I have not seen that one before.

I found two more links regarding Wesley Barrett Cox.

http://parklibrary.jomc.unc.edu/carolynedds.html

http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/040601/sta_040601094.shtml

So is Wesley Barrett Cox, or is it James Simmons, still living in Texas? Or did he disappear again after the news stories revealed his identity?

From what I read about Cox, he was 33 when he first disappeared, and when he was found 16 years later, he had to be 49. So that means he had to be born in 1951.

So if BK is actually Wesley Barrett Cox, then BK was 53 when he was found in Savannah in 2004. So that would make BK 59 years old now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni