Real Reason for Search Stopping?

The area is ROPED off and it's guarded. They've called in a special recovery team to retreive the remains. The media has not been alerted for obvious reasons, with Casey out. Trust me, after what that searcher posted yesterday, and what the cop friend said, they've found something for sure.

If this were true the media would be all over it. They don't need to be alerted, they have ways of knowing.

Maybe we're just hope'n that they have found her. It's alittle easier then excepting the search has been suspended with Caylee still out there somewhere. :(

Hope is all we have right now

jmommy is this the link you are referring to?
I got home from the search about an hour ago and I have been pondering what to post on here. I want to say something without saying too much, if you know what I mean. I've rewritten this several times to try to get it right.

It was very hot today, but no different than any other Florida summer day. We were encouraged to drink a lot of water. Our ATV driver had a cooler with him that was fully stocked.

The ground has dried significantly. We didn't encounter any substantial water today in any of my searches (other than ponds, lakes, etc). Yesterday was pretty much the same. Some muddy areas, but nothing major. There were areas with standing water that most likely had been dry in the past, but we're not talking about 3 feet of water...nothing that major. Are there swamps to deal with? Yes, but that will always be the case in Florida. I'm not saying that the conditions I had were the same for other searchers, but that was my experience yesterday and today.

Today’s search was eventful and productive. After leaving command center, I returned to my search location and it was blocked off with police tape. I will be watching the news closely over the next few days.

That's really all I can say. I would love to go into more details, but I just can't. I'm not trying to be mysterious and cryptic, but I would hate to jeopardize the investigation in any way.

Since Tim has said that the search was called off for environmental reasons, I guess we just have to take that at face value and trust that Tim knows what he is doing. I've only met him today and he seems like a top-notch guy.

Couldn't she drag her though, like if she was wrapped in a rug, or duffle bag, drag shovel and body. An alive child is heavy and as you're carrying them you don't want to wake or knock them around on walls, door jambs etc...

But dragging 35 lb.s and a 5lb. shovel is very possibly, especially when your adrenaline is rushing. Casey is small, but she doesn't look wimpy or small wimpy arms. Being 24 as KC, she's at the heigth of her strength capabilities unless she was to weight lift to build strength.

Perhaps dragging. I don't think Casey lifted weights though!

She did lift weights. They were golden-brown in color and filled with cold liquid.
She followed that was aerobic exercise. This usually involved other female exercisers and sometimes a chrome plated striper-pole.

Unless you can verify it, don't believe everything you read on the web. There is a different rumor every two seconds.

Yes I know this. But this time, there are too many things that don't quite ADD up. My dad (before he died) worked with a special recovery unit here in NC. The media doesn't know everything right at the time it happens. Sometimes my dad would be "on the scene" days before the media would even know or it would be leaked.

Usually in high profile cases such as these, especially with the 24/7 news cycle we live in, often times the media knows before LE knows.

Yes, this post says alot, this post along with what a girl said yesterday in Live chat area about her cop friend.

I missed the live chat..can you recap for me please?:)

Just 2 cents, "IF" a body was found............in no way would the LE let the media know this before contacting the family. Plus, most likely it would be bones so they would need to match the DNA to make sure it was Caylee......this could take a few days.

The only thing I find strange is the search being called off in the the afternoon, why not finish out the day.

I definintely think there is more to it...we just don't have the answers yet.

Perhaps she put the body in a backpack, or one of those small siutcases with rollers. There is really no reason she couldnt' have made a trip into the woods to dig a hole, then go back to the trunk to get the body, put the body in the hole, go back to the car for the shovel. No need to carry it all at once.

I was Casey's size when my kids were little. I carried them around all the time. My core and arms were very strong just from lifting them up and down every day, in and out of shopping carts, carseats, bathtub, playing horsey with them on my back etc. Don't forget all of the baby-gear you have to carry. Add a diaperbag, purse, and a couple of heavy grocery bags, and you have a mommy's typical load on any given day!

Maybe they haven't found a body, but something like a backpack which could have been used to transport it.

Susan

Perhaps she put the body in a backpack, or one of those small siutcases with rollers. There is really no reason she couldnt' have made a trip into the woods to dig a hole, then go back to the trunk to get the body, put the body in the hole, go back to the car for the shovel. No need to carry it all at once.

I was Casey's size when my kids were little. I carried them around all the time. My core and arms were very strong just from lifting them up and down every day, in and out of shopping carts, carseats, bathtub, playing horsey with them on my back etc. Don't forget all of the baby-gear you have to carry. Add a diaperbag, purse, and a couple of heavy grocery bags, and you have a mommy's typical load on any given day!

Maybe they haven't found a body, but something like a backpack which could have been used to transport it.

Susan

The suitcase theory reminds me of a movie I saw several years ago. It was called Very Bad Things with Cameron Diaz. Since there has been speculation that Casey got ideas from movies...this could be a very real possibility. Just saying...

In a panic mode or state of emergency you would be amazed what strength you can muster. It has been documented that a human can lift 20 times his/her weight in an emergency. As a (sort of) example: many years ago...when I was (emphasis on was) a petite person and 8 or 9 months pregnant with an 8 lb baby, my 4 year old was choking on a piece of hard candy. Before I realized what I was doing I ran across the room, jerked him out up of a chair, flipped him upside down, and whacked him on the back until the candy popped out of his mouth. (All the while my husband's yelling "what are you doing to my boy!?"). Afterwards, when the adrenaline surge abated, I almost passed out.

Yep, I believe KC was in emergency mode. KC's emergency being..."got to hide this kid before mommy finds out what I did". JMHO

Susan

--------------------------------

I was thinking this too as I became very strong because my son at 3 wanted to be carried all of the time everywhere. And I thought also that maybe she used a carrier, such as a "snugli" or backpack or dragging on a piece of plastic, etc. It makes me sick thinking about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back