Real Reason for Search Stopping?

In a panic mode or state of emergency you would be amazed what strength you can muster. It has been documented that a human can lift 20 times his/her weight in an emergency. As a (sort of) example: many years ago...when I was (emphasis on was) a petite person and 8 or 9 months pregnant with an 8 lb baby, my 4 year old was choking on a piece of hard candy. Before I realized what I was doing I ran across the room, jerked him out up of a chair, flipped him upside down, and whacked him on the back until the candy popped out of his mouth. (All the while my husband's yelling "what are you doing to my boy!?"). Afterwards, when the adrenaline surge abated, I almost passed out.

Yep, I believe KC was in emergency mode. KC's emergency being..."got to hide this kid before mommy finds out what I did". JMHO

LOL at your DH!

ITA about what you can do when you HAVE to. I have often been astonished and surprised by my own strength as a mother. And not always at times when I am feeling loving and caring about my kids either, before you go there. Sometimes when I am exhausted and irritated and totally done and think I cannot go another step. It's amazing the muscles you build up just by lifting and carrying them and all their stuff every day.

Also, Casey only borrowed the shovel for less than an hour. I don't think she had it with her. So she was just carrying Caylee.

But I also agree that she is basically lazy and would have probably dumped her in the easiest place that she thought wouldn't be discovered. I really thought the dumpster until yesterday's developments. Now I am :waitasec: over TM's announcement and wondering if they have reason to believe Caylee is in that water or have possibly located a burial site that they just can't safely excavate yet.

I don't think Casey carried Caylee very far since there are scratches along the trunk. She could have picked out a spot, went back and backed right in.

In a panic mode or state of emergency you would be amazed what strength you can muster. It has been documented that a human can lift 20 times his/her weight in an emergency. As a (sort of) example: many years ago...when I was (emphasis on was) a petite person and 8 or 9 months pregnant with an 8 lb baby, my 4 year old was choking on a piece of hard candy. Before I realized what I was doing I ran across the room, jerked him out up of a chair, flipped him upside down, and whacked him on the back until the candy popped out of his mouth. (All the while my husband's yelling "what are you doing to my boy!?"). Afterwards, when the adrenaline surge abated, I almost passed out.

Yep, I believe KC was in emergency mode. KC's emergency being..."got to hide this kid before mommy finds out what I did". JMHO
Thank you, voice of reason. We're only talking about 35-40 lbs. peeps, not 135 lbs. I also can personally verify the adrenaline rush and how it can amaze one.

Heck, most pregnant women carry that much extra weight while preggers, and then some. They mangage just fine, right? And they don't have the adrenaline rush to help them out. You all are acting like.... oohhhh! That's impossible for Casey to carry Caylee - when fact is, most mommys carry those three year olds around all the time. I know I did.

I'm a 'she', almost 50, stand 6' tall and weight a whopping 120 lbs, yet my job requires that I lift up to 70 lbs. of weight, which I do, and often. When I'm on a spur for the night, I throw anywhere from 20,000 to 30,000 lbs in an eight hour shift. And trust me, I'm not built like Popeye......... heh, heh..... more like Olive Oyl. Yuck, yuck.

Posted earlier in the where to search thread. I thought maybe she could have submerged Caylee's body in a deep muddy area--as we all know, those areas are probably throughout FL. After researching, it seems that cadaver dogs can find bodies buried in mud, as the smell "percolates" to the top. Also, there have been dogs finding bodies submerged in water for well over 100 days.

I'm not sure the crying means anything. Maybe Mandy is just very frustrated after putting all her efforts and emotions out there. I probably would be too.

I also wondered if maybe they found someone else's body.

I remember Mandy and the other lady with the blonde hair crying when Tim said he was pulling out the first time too. Could you imagine the emotions these people deal with? As much as we are devoted to Caylee being found, this is their life. It must break their hearts over and over again.

If I am following this correctly they are supposed to return in a month to continue the search? This really makes no sense to me as there is no way of knowing if the conditions will be better or worse at that time. I'm very confused about what appears to be an abrupt end to the search. It is also difficult to understand how all the possible areas to search are flooded or otherwise unsuited to search at this time.

In regards to Casey's ability and/or willingness to carry Caylee's body deep into a wooded area, I believe this is very possible. When it comes to protecting herself and her own interests I think she would do anything. Her behavior has been nothing but self-serving, regardless of the effect it may have on anyone else.

After reading the first few pages of this thread I was so hopeful that Caylee had been found.

But after hearing Tim's press conference, I believe him that they are suspending the search for other reasons.

I hope they can come back and find her very soon.

50 miles away is where the baby is

1 hour drive to the location

1 hour drive back

dumped somwhere that she is familiar with..

<- you heard it here first

I don't think there are any other reasons for Tim pulling out right now. If they did find something, LE would be all over it and there would be helicopters in the air from various news organizations to cover it, imo.

I would assume the emotions from people you saw were because they didn't find Caylee. It has to be gutwrenching for them to know that she is still out there after searching for days on end. They want nothing more than to find her.

OK, Let's look at the statment from a searcher posted yesterday ion the orlandosentinel.

Remember that they had over 2500 searchers yesterday, including Search & Rescue from Bay county, FL (dive and water search team)

They have been begging for searchers on the media and in the local papers, so why only search from 12:00pm till 3:00pm when the press statement was released. The weather was good and the storm should not affect the search until Tues or Wends (only scattered showers expected).

Is there other area's that could have used the extra people ?.

Under the already-warm 9 a.m. sun, dozens of fellow volunteers gathered to listen to an organizer give out instructions.

At about 11:35 a.m., our small caravan finally got on its way. We parked at the Curry Ford Community Park and covered ourselves in bug spray. We were given a strip of bright orange flagging tape in case we found any suspicious items to tag, and then walked along Econlockhatchee Trail until we reached the section of woods we were assigned to search.

At about 1:25 p.m., the team completed the first search assignment. We took a well-deserved rest on the side of the road.

About an hour later, the team was off to a new search location, and I was dropped off at the command center. We soon learned EquuSearch's ground search had been temporarily suspended.

Tim Miller, founder and director of Texas EquuSearch, said 2,500 volunteers have searched as best as they could but there was too much standing water.

50 miles away is where the baby is

1 hour drive to the location

1 hour drive back

dumped somwhere that she is familiar with..

<- you heard it here first
Gas can theory, huh? The trouble is...I don't think the pings on the towers support this.

Here's another theory.

While tes and searchers were combing the woods, could there have been a separate search going on at the landfill and maybe they found something at the landfill?

I'm not sure the crying means anything. Maybe Mandy is just very frustrated after putting all her efforts and emotions out there. I probably would be too.

I wondered this myself. I asked last night because I didn't follow the Duckett case, but I read somewhere that it was close. I was wondering if this was true. If so, no matter what/who they found, after this long and that heat, they will have to do testing. Like I said last night, even if they found a body wearing Caylee clothes, with her name on them and a birth certificate tucked in her pocket, the family and attorney would say it wasn't her without testing. And even then maybe not. Remember, Casey is being railroaded.

They were searching in a lot of areas and the media may not know if they did find something. LE has private channels for ongoing investigations and they have cell phones too. I am the first to admit that I am guilty of wanting to know now, now, now what is going on but we are going to have to just be patient. The media may even be cooperating with them because everyone knows how airtight this case is going to have to be. Baez is shifty. Having volunteered on a couple of Innocence project cases, I can assure you, Baez appears to be a VERY GOOD attorney and his team isn't going to miss anything. There was something that I saw that possibly violates Casey's constitutional rights and as sick as that makes me, rights are rights and if you chip away at hers, you are chipping away at your own. I haven't mentioned it specifically because I am sure they have people reading here and I don't want to give them any ideas.

The live chat thing I did see last night. They said that the area was taped off and being guarded. They said that they found something, but the area was wet and hard to get to and they taped it off and send in the mounted police and then called the special recovery unit asap.

If they found something, they are going to have to photograph and document everything, they are going to have to remove it and that is going to take time, so that they are able to get every bit of available evidence, and all of that is going to take a while and then there is the DNA tests. This could go quickly and we could know in a matter of a day or two or even hours...or the body could have been out there in conditions that make that harder and it could take weeks to confirm by DNA.

When I was doing innocence case work, I was contacted by dozens of people every month asking me to help them because I helped with a couple of cases where we actually got people out and off of death row. When someone would ask for help, I would request they send the case info and trial transcripts and then I would read them over, sometimes for weeks getting through the trial transcripts. Out of all of the innocence cases that I was asked to help on, MAYBE 10 percent of them I believed to be actually innocent and needless to say, if I didn't believe you, I did NOT help. It is sad for those that are actually innocent, but so many claim to be that it often hurts those that actually are. Everyone is innocent...even when they are not. You wouldn't believe some of the things I have seen both from those claiming innocence that I didn't believe and on the other side of the coin when they were innocent and things got messed up by the state. And there are deadlines on everything.

This guy is going to try to prove her innocent any way he can and that is his job. It is also his job to try to get her freed on technicalities. He will invoke speedy trial as well. Giving LE less time to get more info once she is charged. IT is not his responsibility to prove her innocent as much as it is the states responsibility to prove her guilty. I hate being patient, but I know from things I have done before that is the only thing we can do for the sake of Caylee and making sure she gets justice. When she gets charged, we will know EVERYTHING they do, because LE has to hand it over in discovery. Baez has to hand over nothing but Casey.

i just dont think she dumped the baby within a few miles of the house

1 hour drive (approximately 50 miles ) to an area she has been before...

Here's another theory.

While tes and searchers were combing the woods, could there have been a separate search going on at the landfill and maybe they found something at the landfill?

Yes, in the same statement by the searcher, she also states the the land fill was researched yesterday.

The emotions of these people has to have been at an all time high especially yesterday and when they abruptly called off the search citing "environmental issues" as oppposed to having found the body I know I would be crying too.

I think that even if they had found someone else's body we would have heard about that by now. I know some are speculating that becasue this person saw some taped off area that it meant something, maybe it was put there so that people would not go back down searching because they were going to stop the search, it could have been just so that they could make sure that all the searchers were out of the woods and accounted for.

I find it highly unlikely that they have Caylee's body and have somehow managed to be able to send a special search team to retrieve her and yet no news organization has found out about it and who aren't currently flying a helicopter or balloon over the area trying to get the money shot.

Sometimes what you see is all there is to see.

How unfortunate that they felt the need to stop and my heart breaks for those who were there and whose hopes were dashed in a flash, they all tried so hard.
God Bless all these wonderful people:angel2:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back