long weekend break: discuss the latest here #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've made multiple posts on different threads--mods if this is wrong, just delete...

I am just so PIZZED off at this juror!! The afternoon the jurors are questioned about JM, this juror is sitting out there again?????????

Within an hour of testimony ending Thursday, the juror who has been seen in the past outside the courthouse after trial sat eating ice cream on a bench near a group of spectators who were waiting for the prosecutor.

Martinez chose to take a different exit Thursday afternoon and avoided the scene.

Read more: Allegations of misconduct sidetrack Arias trial - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...ce-expert-testifies-arias-trial#ixzz2Ox1QetJ9
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

Actually, I am pizzed off at HLN and Jean Casarez more than anyone else at this point. What was the real purpose / reason for them to put forth this irrelevant information in the first place. This is BS, IMO.

Yesterday I was discouraged after hearing about some of the emails. But, today I realized that I had put Travis on some sort of a pedestal. So what that I was wrong? It just means that Travis need not be idolized just because he was a victim of a horrible murder. He was a "guy". A human being with worts and everything like everyone else. He may have fallen short of his Mormonism, but he was still a pretty great guy.

So what if he was a "player"? So are half the young men his age. By no stretch of the imagination is this abuse, IMO. It is what it is.

The point is, Travis NEVER physically abused Jodi to cause her to fear for her life and butcher him like she did.

I feel better now that the emails won't matter to the jury. Speaking of emails, I learned last night that it is possible for someone to hack into another persons email account and send fake emails, making them look like they came from the real account holder. I've read that JA hacked TA's email and bank accounts, but I've never heard what she actually did with those hacked accounts. Was it just reading his email and looking at his financial situation? Or did she do something worse?

How could they have emails about the pedo letters?? Those were not brought in until years after travis was killed??

Unless the jurors choose to speak with the media after the trial and make it public they served on this jury, no one is supposed to know who they are. Now, since this is a high-profile case, and assuming co-workers of the jurors are following the case even slightly, they would know who is on the jury if on a day off that person shows up for work. I would hope the jurors are NOT expected to work during "off" days, however, in some jurisdictions they don't receive pay unless they do. That is wrong, in my opinion.

:(

True but they can go about their business and not speak a word of the trial! A surgeon I worked for was on a trial (thankfully only 5 days?) and like this one, it would end abruptly then early on other days, he'd come right back to the office and we'd have a stack of patient charts we needed answers to questions, meds etc. I recall we never spoke about the trial, its funny, that was the last thing on our minds, we just descended on him to try to get all our patients issues taken care of!

How could they have emails about the pedo letters?? Those were not brought in until years after travis was killed??

I think that Nurmi told the Hughes' that he had letters from Travis about being a pedophile in order to manipulate them into sharing whatever emails they exchanged with Travis.

Nurmi manipulated and lied to the Hughes after the fact.

This is what I've put together from the testimony of Chris Hughes. If someone has more info or different info, please post!

I'm with you! The DT "tricked" the Hughes' on the stand. (I re-watched Chris' testimony yesterday).

The "pedo letters" were forged in order to collaborate the infamous emails that the Hughes' sent with regards to Travis being an "abuser" to women.

Now ALV will try to explain the "context" of these emails on Tuesday. Good luck with that! Juan will be all over like fleas to a dog.

I think that Nurmi told the Hughes' that he had letters from Travis about being a pedophile in order to manipulate them into sharing whatever emails they exchanged with Travis.

Nurmi manipulated and lied to the Hughes after the fact.

This is what I've put together from the testimony of Chris Hughes. If someone has more info or different info, please post!

Does anyone else just know they are now going to spend the next x amount of time watching these videos?

I'm up to 5... Favourite line in this one. "If you didn't know Travis, he'd probably still be alive." JA: "That's true" :what:

My all time favorite so far, that exchange.

I'm with you! The DT "tricked" the Hughes' on the stand. (I re-watched Chris' testimony yesterday).

The "pedo letters" were forged in order to collaborate the infamous emails that the Hughes' sent with regards to Travis being an "abuser" to women.

Now ALV will try to explain the "context" of these emails on Tuesday. Good luck with that! Juan will be all over like fleas to a dog.

Can we please start a Juan alert text chain?!?!

Perhaps this test should have been done.

The Hare Psychopathy Checklist-Revised (PCL-R) :
is a diagnostic tool used to rate a person's psychopathic or antisocial tendencies. People who are psychopathic prey ruthlessly on others using charm, deceit, violence or other methods that allow them to get with they want. The symptoms of psychopathy include: lack of a conscience or sense of guilt, lack of empathy, egocentricity, pathological lying, repeated violations of social norms, disregard for the law, shallow emotions, and a history of victimizing others.

What? She is saying Travis bought breast implants for Deanna?
http://youtu.be/an-4tXTOq1Y
Around 17:32, part of the January 2007 warning from Chris and Sky Hughes.
Crazy city.

YES! I heard it, too. But we also have to remember that Jodi Ann likes to lie a lot. It's amazing how she morphs into a cutsie-pie girl with Det. Flores & she's stone cold with the lady detective. Scary.

I just want to give a quick shout out to two people.

First David Lohr: Thanks for giving us an unedited version of the interrogation with Det. Flores. Refreshing not to have to see the HLN clips of what they want us to see.

Second Det Flores: The talent, patience and skill you displayed in a very taxing interview. Thanks.

I'll second that on the TY. Wish the audio quality was better...I'm having difficulty hearing JA, especially when she only says a word or two.

Very very interesting to see real interrogations. I've watched 1 1/2 hours of the female detective and my observation is that she talks too much; she needs longer pauses. Would also have been more helpful if she knew the family facts (i.e., Travis's parents not alive) as this error helps diminish her credibility as a person to open up to.

I'm going to have to watch the entire series in order to get the full picture of what was disclosed and when, as well as observing JA's behavior throughout.

This also makes me wonder about JA and her interviews with Samuels, Laviolette and DeMarte. Don't know how, as a psychologist, Dr. Samuels could arrive at his diagnosis. No doubt she played him, but watching these tapes makes his dx even more ludicrous.

YES! I heard it, too. But we also have to remember that Jodi Ann likes to lie a lot. It's amazing how she morphs into a cutsie-pie girl with Det. Flores & she's stone cold with the lady detective. Scary.

Right! It's just pure crazy! For the past few weeks I've been thinking that if JA said it, it is a lie. Now I'm beginning to agree with people who have theorized that she uses a kernel of truth and switches the characters around.

I'm referring to emails that Jodi may have sent to herself or to the Hughes, or others, making them look like they came from Travis.

Yes, Det. Flores has an great natural skill. He is master detective. :thumb:

I loves he how "soothes" Jodi throughout the interview. He let's her go off track, but, you notice she can never give him a direct answer to a direct question. Yes, he is patient with her.

Flores + Juan = :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

I just want to give a quick shout out to two people.

First David Lohr: Thanks for giving us an unedited version of the interrogation with Det. Flores. Refreshing not to have to see the HLN clips of what they want us to see.

Second Det Flores: The talent, patience and skill you displayed in a very taxing interview. Thanks.

I'll second that on the TY. Wish the audio quality was better...I'm having difficulty hearing JA, especially when she only says a word or two.

Very very interesting to see real interrogations. I've watched 1 1/2 hours of the female detective and my observation is that she talks too much; she needs longer pauses. Would also have been more helpful if she knew the family facts (i.e., Travis's parents not alive) as this error helps diminish her credibility as a person to open up to.

I'm going to have to watch the entire series in order to get the full picture of what was disclosed and when, as well as observing JA's behavior throughout.

This also makes me wonder about JA and her interviews with Samuels, Laviolette and DeMarte. Don't know how, as a psychologist, Dr. Samuels could arrive at his diagnosis. No doubt she played him, but watching these tapes makes his dx even more ludicrous.

Lady Detective tries very nicely to get Jodi to "take control" and confess. To get this off her chest, to give her family and Travis's family some sort of explanation and help Jodi come to grips with this spiritually.

Jodi's response?

"Where's my camera?"

"I had $240 cash when arrested, can you put that in my commissary? I need some shampoo"."

29:15 she asks "Are you sure those pictures weren't from another time?", Dett. Flores answers "I'm positive". I think that at the time, LE may have thought that they were taken the same day TA was killed; but maybe now, they know something else? Two of those pics have been withheld. Why?

moo

Care to elaborate? I ask because I've had this strange feeling (intuition?) about the recovered photos. I can't figure out what, exactly, is bothering me about those images. I just feel like something is 'off' and not as they appear to be. It could be that she is the sole picture-taker and he didn't take any of the photos, or they were taken at a different time, or...?

Oh yeah, what about the camera bag? Anyone else find it strange that the camera bag was left in the common-area outside of Travis's bedroom? It was left wide open and on the floor; like it was thrown down in a hurry, after grabbing the camera out of it. A brand new expensive camera and the bag was discarded like that? Travis was way too meticulous to have just tossed the bag down like that; especially, with a brand new camera!

Another thought: they (supposedly, "they") were taking photos with his new camera, yet didn't attach the strap? Why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans