Resolved MN - St Paul, WhtMale UP9292, 35-50, nude, in river at Ford Dam, Jul'02 - N/A

Damarna

Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/612ummn.html

https://identifyus.org/cases/9292

07e8804e7006872a1c77a87d4e66e312.jpg

FOUND JULY 15,2002 IN ST PAUL, MINNESOTA. Unidentified White Male. Est Age: 35-50 years old. APPROX 5'8"/ 200 lbs.BROWN/GRAYING HAIR, GREEN EYES, CIRCUMCISED,
Date of Discovery: July 15, 2002/ EST D.O.D Weeks prior
Location of Discovery: St. Paul, Ramsey County, Minnesota. FOUND IN THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER AT THE FORD DAM
Est Age: 35-50 years old
Race: White Male
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 200 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown, graying, 1 to 3 inches long.
Eye Color: Green
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Circumcised.
Dentals: Available. Tooth #8 has a RCT and MI chip.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.
Clothing: None
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

The victim's nude body was located in the Mississippi River at the Ford Dam. Cause of Death: Unknown

I can't tell from the maps if Greenwood Lake is someplace a body could have floated down the Mississippi from. I don't think so.

I can't tell from the maps if Greenwood Lake is someplace a body could have floated down the Mississippi from. I don't think so.
No, I don't think it's possible.

I am thinking along the lines of Jbrown324320. Here is the most recent article I found mentioning Charles being missing. I am snipping the part about him:

Charles Johnson, a 51-year-old Silver Bay resident, was reported missing in 2002 and was presumed to have drowned in Greenwood Lake, but a body was never recovered.

Here is the full article-it is about other missing people.
Five years later, searchers still hope to find missing plane...

I honestly think Charles looks to be a good match.

1. He went missing just a couple weeks before the body was found
2. He fits in the age range
3. He has green eyes (and i have heard recently green eyes are rare)
4. He is the same weight
5. The hair color pretty much matches-brown. Graying on the unidentified description
6. He is the same race.
7. The photos look similar enough to me.

I know the height doesn't match, which is a concern. But I did a search for missing men in both WI and MN and truly, no one else fits. And because a body was never found in Greenwood Lake, I don't think anyone can say with certainty, he was in that canoe.

Why would he have a canoe in the lake and go down at least 150 miles away to die?

If he was suicidal, he might have wanted to make it look like an accident so he wouldn't distress them, or so they could collect on his insurance.

No, I don't think it's likely, but you never know.

Ford Dam is right between Minneapolis and St Paul and in the middle of summer in July perhaps the water was low; I'm not sure if this means the lock would be opened less frequently (ie: could he have gone in the water in the Twin Cities and just got stuck in the lock because it hadn't been opened)? Or did he come from further north in MN? The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back