IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Google camera lens makes the distance between WH and the corner look farther than it really is. Parts of this video by CJ are good (the linear video as opposed to audio) and the location in question starts at 0:40. The perspective is from the parking lot.

Lauren Spierer abduction theory - YouTube

The only thing that I got from that video is "that I too can lose 28 pounds of fat and keep it off" and that CJ is a hard rock fan(ends video right before "Welcome to the Jungle"). Turn the radio off!

Does anyone think the BPD didn't want to share info because they might be embarrassed by how little of evidence they have. Seems with Police man it is an ego thing. Everyone wants to find her but they all want to be the hero & want to do it without asking for help.

Maybe they didn't trust Dietl to be discrete.

Yeah I definitely don't blame LE for not opening up all the case files for a random out-of-state investigator who has etiquette issues. I do go back and forth on whether I think LE has a strong inkling of what happened, but just cannot prove it, or if they have absolutely zilch nothing.

Probably so... but that's hard to do after you've "come out" on TV as being able to tape without someone's knowledge.

And really... perhaps they've already done that... because, let's be honest, PI isn't going to share any info with us either!

I'm not sure I agree that it would be hard to do now that BD has said something on TV. I don't think HT would think about a recording device when receiving the attention of an attractive guy.

BD did say that he and his people have uncovered a lot of info. I hope they share it with GP before the Indiana AG kicks them out of the state for being unlicensed! ;)

"Cut their losses" is the wrong term. I'd say it's more about finding a balance between still searching for their daughter and reconnecting with their former life, friends, and family as much as possible.

The Spierer's seem to be a pretty grounded couple... I trust that they will be able to make the decision when it's time to change their focus. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if they become advocates for Lauren in other ways... rather like the Adam Walsh story.

Yeah I definitely don't blame LE for not opening up all the case files for a random out-of-state investigator who has etiquette issues. I do go back and forth on whether I think LE has a strong inkling of what happened, but just cannot prove it, or if they have absolutely zilch nothing.

On principle, I'd have a hard time sharing if I was BPD. But I do hope they have something to share.

Does anyone think the BPD didn't want to share info because they might be embarrassed by how little of evidence they have. Seems with Police man it is an ego thing. Everyone wants to find her but they all want to be the hero & want to do it without asking for help.

I've said this since the beginning. No LE agency wants to admit that they are in over their heads. Had the FBI been called in eaarlier, who knows where we would be. We are talking about a town FULL OF VIDEO CAMERAS ON STREETS, IN ALLEYS, IN STORES AND A GIRL JUST VANISHES INTO THE DARKNESSS OF NIGHT? Crimes are solved with one camera sighting but in this town, you couldn't get a cup of coffee at the WH without a camera spotting you, or walk through an alley, or leave your apartment, or drink at a bar...

Angry? If I were the Spierers I would be ANGRY. 10 POIs walking, talking, hanging out as if there is nothing in the world for them to worry about. I suppose if the case stays with the Bton PD, they're safe.

If they continue to let the powers that be manage the investigation of their missing daughter, they are no further along than they were when JW called them on June 3 and told them that their daughter was "missing."

There's drugs, out of state friends, people coming and going home for the summer - what is it that they need to turn this investigation over to the FBI. The fact that they're still "asking" for videotapes from businesses makes me physically ill. You GET 50 SEARCH WARRANTS FOR EVERY CAMERA IN THAT TOWN THAT MIGHT GIVE US A CLUE WHO TOOK LAUREN. You don't ask kindly, you bust the gd doors down. Just like at Smallwood. If you don't comply, we will come after YOU. This is a LIFE, a CHILD whose parents love her more than life, who will never stop looking, whose lives have been changed forever and yet you fail to use the EVERY SINGLE RESOURCE that the federal government gives you to FIND HER.

This happened in the Stacy Peterson case here in the Chicago burbs. At first, the Bolingbrook PD was investigating the case. The #1 suspect was the spouse, a veteran of the Bolingbrook PD.

I'm not trying to make any connections here, just pointing out the obvious.

How long is it going to take the Bton LE to say, this is too big for us. Bring in the Feds. The Spierers have that right, they deserve that right, and at the pace the Bton investigation is going, they should jump on it.

I think this is my third post on this subject and it just enrages me more every day. To say there is FBI presence is not enough for me. They need to be running the show. Bton LE had their chance and they blew it.

I've said this since the beginning. No LE agency wants to admit that they are in over their heads. Had the FBI been called in eaarlier, who knows where we would be. <snip>

]Angry? If I were the Spierers I would be ANGRY. 10 POIs walking, talking, hanging out as if there is nothing in the world for them to worry about. I suppose if the case stays with the Bton PD, they're safe. <snip>

There's drugs, out of state friends, people coming and going home for the summer - what is it that they need to turn this investigation over to the FBI.

How long is it going to take the Bton LE to say, this is too big for us. Bring in the Feds. The Spierers have that right, they deserve that right, and at the pace the Bton investigation is going, they should jump on it.

I think this is my third post on this subject and it just enrages me more every day. To say there is FBI presence is not enough for me. They need to be running the show. Bton LE had their chance and they blew it.

The FBI is here.. they have BEEN here... and although you say you'd be angry if you were the Spierer's, they have said repeatedly that they are confident with the investigation.

The FBI is here.. they have BEEN here... and although you say you'd be angry if you were the Spierer's, they have said repeatedly that they are confident with the investigation.

With the PI's comments about drugs and LS' disappearance tying into that, I wouldn't be surprised if the investigation isn't folded into a larger one, which involves the FBI. That might be a reason the BPD and FBI don't want to share with Bo D. Just a thought ...

Is the FBI still conducting work in Bloomington? I know they're involved but is there an ongoing presence?

The video was removed.

R u talking abt the video chicjustin made(argylesandcigarettes is the youtube name)?

Oops-nevermind-i see the answer is yes. Sorry just catchin up.
I may be crazy but i find CJ interesting;]

Well, I still can't imagine JR saying he was with Lauren up until 4:30AM if he wasn't. There is no reason to place himself with her at all, unless he is telling the truth, or there were witnesses. So I think technically he is the last known person to see her. JMO
I would think it is better for LE to start their investigation by what they actually know to be true instead of what they think might be true from someone they already suspect is being dishonest with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain