Jose Baez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please forgive me if this has been posted previously regarding JB.

On his website he says that he started working in the public defenders office in Miami in 1995. The office said he wasn't hired until 1997.

JB explanation is that he started interning there (during the summers) in 1995. He interned with attorneys. He was allowed to try cases with a "real" attorney before passing the bar. So, the cases that were won while he interned is included in his statistics appearing on his web page.

He passed the bar 8 years after graduating law school.

He should only include the cases he has won when he sat first chair. Talk about spin!!!!!!!!!

JMO

BeagleMom

On his website he says that he started working in the public defenders office in Miami in 1995. The office said he wasn't hired until 1997.

JB explanation is that he started interning there (during the summers) in 1995. He interned with attorneys. He was allowed to try cases with a "real" attorney before passing the bar. So, the cases that were won while he interned is included in his statistics appearing on his web page.

He should only include the cases he has won when he sat first chair. Talk about spin!!!!!!!!!

JMO

BeagleMom

Guess that explains why Cindy seems to be so infatuated with him and why he and Casey spend so much time together.
Birds - feathers jmo

Can't a lawyer apply to the state for some payment if thier client is indigent?

Notice on 7/17 the order appointing public defender...

Event Date Event Time Description Location
8/21/2008 0845 WRITTEN PLEA NOT GUILTY ROOM 6-D ON THE SIXTH FLOOR
7/29/2008 1330 MANUAL - HEARING ROOM 6-D ON THE SIXTH FLOOR

Docket Date Defendant Docket Entry
7/16/2008 A COMPLAINT FILED DOA 07/16/08 BOND CT1: NONE CT2: NONE CT3: NONE #08034750
7/17/2008 A ADVICE TO DEFENDANT, FIRST APPEARANCE
7/17/2008 A AFF/INSOL FILED REF
7/17/2008 A APPEARANCE OF DEFENDANT ENTERED
7/17/2008 A BOND STAYED @ NONE
7/17/2008 A DEMAND FOR DISCOVERY FILED
7/17/2008 A DERP FEE OF $50 IMPOSED CR15 50.00
7/17/2008 A MOTION TO SET BAIL BOND FILED
7/17/2008 A NOTICE OF APPEARANCE FILED JOSE A. BAEZ
7/17/2008 A NOTICE OF INVOKATION OF CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS
7/17/2008 A ORDER APPOINTING PUBLIC DEFENDER
7/17/2008 A ORDER FINDING PROBABLE CAUSE FILED
7/17/2008 A IN OPEN COURT INITIAL APPEARANCE
7/17/2008 A ORDER - COURT DENIES BAIL BECAUSE NO CONDITION OF RELEASE CAN REASONABLY PROTECT THE COMMUNITY, ASSURED THE APPEARANCE OF THE DEFENDANT OR PROTECT THE INTEGRITY OF THE JUDICIAL PROCESS.
7/17/2008 A ORDER - WHILE IN CUSTODY DEF TO BE SCREENED FOR BAKER ACT CRITERIA. NO UNSUPERVISED CONTACT WITH ANY CHILD UNDER 17 YOA
7/17/2008 A WAIVER OF ARRAIGNMENT
7/17/2008 A WRITTEN PLEA OF NOT GUILTY ENTERED
7/22/2008 A APPEARANCE OF DEFENDANT ENTERED
7/22/2008 A APPEAR. OF ATTORNEY ENTERED
7/22/2008 A BOND SET AT CT1)$500,000 CT2)$100 CT3)$100 + GPS & HCR
7/22/2008 A COURT MINUTES FILED
7/22/2008 A DEFENSE WITNESS SWORN AND TESTIFIED 1)CYNTHIA ANTHONY 2)GEORGE ANTHONY 3)LEE ANTHONY
7/22/2008 A MOTION TO SET BOND IS GRANTED. FORFEIT PASSPORT.
7/22/2008 A IN OPEN COURT MOTION TO SET BOND
7/22/2008 A COURT ORDERS PSCHOLOGICAL EVALUATION BY DR. DANZIGER & DR. BERNS
7/22/2008 A STATE WITNESS SWORN AND TESTIFIED 1)YUIR MELICH 2)JASON FORGEY
7/23/2008 A CORRECTED COURT MINUTES FILED NUNC PRO TUNC 7/22/08 AS TO MISC ORDERS
7/24/2008 A ORDER APPOINTING EXPERTS FOR COMPETENCY EVALUATION
7/25/2008 A APPLICATION FOR SUBPOENA DUCES TECUM FILED
7/25/2008 A ORDER FOR SUBPOENA DUECES TECUM (GRANTED)
7/25/2008 A STATE'S RESPONSE TO DEFT'S APPLICATION FOR SUBPOENA DUCES TECUM DATED JULY 24, 2008
7/28/2008 A CORRESPONDENCE FILED (COPY) FROM DR. ALAN S. BERNS TO ATTY JOSE BAEZ, DATED 7/27/08 RE: REQUEST FOR RECORDS OF CLIENT
7/28/2008 A MOTION FOR PROTECTIVE ORDER
7/28/2008 A AMENDED MOTION FOR PROTECTIVE ORDER
7/28/2008 A NOTICE OF UNAVAILABILITY
7/29/2008 A APPEARANCE OF DEFENDANT ENTERED
7/29/2008 A APPEAR. OF ATTORNEY ENTERED
7/29/2008 A MOTION TO INTERVENE FOR THE LIMITED PURPOSE OF OPPOSING DEFENDANTS MOTION FOR PROTECTIVE ORDER FILED
7/29/2008 A NOTICE OF HEARING FILED <07/29/2008> 01:30 P.M.
7/29/2008 A IN OPEN COURT HEARING MOTION FOR PROTECTIVE ORDER
7/29/2008 A ORDER DENYING DEFENSES MOTION FOR PROTECTIVE ORDER
7/29/2008 A WITNESS (DEFENSE) (1)
7/31/2008 A MOTION TO WITHDRAW FILED PD
7/31/2008 A PSYCHIATRIC/MENTAL HEALTH EVALUATION FILED
8/1/2008 A ORDER RE: WITHDRAW FILED PD
8/5/2008 A WRITTEN PLEA OF NOT GUILTY ARG DATE <08/21/2008> 08:45 A.M.
8/5/2008 A INFORMATION FILED

View All Case Financial Details
Subject Defendant Assessment Payment
A CASEY MARIE ANTHONY $70.00 $20.00 Defendant Details
Posted by Patty at 7:58 AM
Labels: Casey Anthony Case Summary
0 comments:
Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Note also:

7/31/2008 A MOTION TO WITHDRAW FILED PD
8/1/2008 A ORDER RE: WITHDRAW FILED PD

I thought we determined that the PD mentioned above was for the Public Defender to withdraw from the case.

Im sorry, but this whole thing with JB reminds me of the 'Chewbacca defense', like I could see him actually using it.

Baez-
"Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, the state of Florida would certainly want you to believe that Casey is involved with her daughter's disappearance. And they make a good case. Hell, I almost felt pity myself! But, ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!

0330chewbacca.jpg

Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending CA and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, [approaches and softens] does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests."

Anyone who watches South Park will know what I was referring to. JB is a joke to me and his lies and covering for CA just reminded me of that episode. I just hope to God she is charged with the full extent and that the jury will not fall under his spell like Cindy and others seem to have. I want justice for that little girl. :banghead:

I personally believe that at some point this case will financially break Baez (if it hasn't already) and he will seek relief from the court.

Without additional partners with substantial financial resources, he will not have the funds to hire "experts" for trial if/when the murder charges are filed and this case is finally presented to the court.

I don't see defense attorneys lined up to represent Casey.

It will be interesting to watch the progression of the County's legal services allocate funds for her defense.
All the taxpayers in Orange County will pay dearly for this one.

:(

Im sorry, but this whole thing with JB reminds me of the 'Chewbacca defense', like I could see him actually using it.

Baez-
"Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, the state of Florida would certainly want you to believe that Casey is involved with her daughter's disappearance. And they make a good case. Hell, I almost felt pity myself! But, ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!

0330chewbacca.jpg

Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending CA and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, [approaches and softens] does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests."

Anyone who watches South Park will know what I was referring to. JB is a joke to me and his lies and covering for CA just reminded me of that episode. I just hope to God she is charged with the full extent and that the jury will not fall under his spell like Cindy and others seem to have. I want justice for that little girl. :banghead:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh: I thought of this episode from the first minute Beaz opened his fat mouth about Casey "innocence"!

Yes, meaning he is the only lawyer in his practice, but Mike Walsh is second chair

JMO

BeagleMom

I agree. The site appears to be very misleading re how long he has been admitted to practise. IMOO

wonder what his other clients (if he has any) think of him working on this case?

Ok, can I throw out an obvious question that I haven't seen asked anywhere?

There's all this talk and supposition circulating around about Cindy hating Hispanics, that's why Caylee's father was cut out of the pic, etc.

Doesn't ANYONE think, were that the case, it extremely odd that she should place Casey's life in the hands of an obviously Hispanic defense lawyer?

Anyone? Anyone?

I recently just found out that his last defendant (the child murder case) worked with me. I worked with him when it all went down and when he was convicted. I remember people talking about the trial when it was going on. The only opinion I have about him (the defendant) is that he was a hard worker, but was a little smug. Most people at my company loved this guy though and went to his trial everyday. Most people around here thought he would be found innocent and everyone was shocked when he was found guilty. They all said his lawyer was not very good.
Now that he is KC's attorney too, I hear coworkers of mine talking about how bad of a lawyer he was and how in the world did he get involved with this case.
This leads me to ask, what is the back story on Jose Baez? How long has he been an attorney and how many cases has he tried and what is his success rate?

I recently just found out that his last defendant (the child murder case) worked with me. I worked with him when it all went down and when he was convicted. I remember people talking about the trial when it was going on. The only opinion I have about him (the defendant) is that he was a hard worker, but was a little smug. Most people at my company loved this guy though and went to his trial everyday. Most people around here thought he would be found innocent and everyone was shocked when he was found guilty. They all said his lawyer was not very good.
Now that he is KC's attorney too, I hear coworkers of mine talking about how bad of a lawyer he was and how in the world did he get involved with this case.
This leads me to ask, what is the back story on Jose Baez? How long has he been an attorney and how many cases has he tried and what is his success rate?

http://www.baezlawfirm.com/

Back story is national media, make himself a few bucks and clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288