LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really leaning towards the truck being a 4-door GMC Sierra 1500 Z-71 2006 or so. The rounded front bumper has me convinced that its a mid-2000's model. The bumper became more squared on the more recent models.

Can't get my images to attach.

Yeah its so confusing. Whenever I type chevy z71 on google images, mostly chevrolet silverado 1500's, 2500's, 3500's come up, and GMC has a z-71 too? Are they just branches of the same company?

Yeah, I feel that way, too. I guess you can enlighten us which truck they meant by one one with a bed cover - the one going the opposite way of Mickey on St Landrey AND the one on University, because there are THREE, count 'em THREE pics of pics of white trucks and they said the eliminated ONE.

From what I understand, the white truck taking a left on University (pointing opposite from the direction MS went) and the shot of the white truck heading NW on University (in front of the graveyard) are the same truck. The police cleared this one truck.

Can someone pull up the traffic cams over Whiskey Bay right now and see of there is a lot of activity? I can't see te live cams from my iPhone.

I see what looks like one vehicle at the East boat ramp. Likely someone fishing.

Sorry if this has (and it probably has) been said before- everytime I log in it's about 20 plus pages to read...
If she was hit accidently and badly hurt/ killed surly there would be evidence on the road- glass, blood etc. We'd have a scene that would be cordoned off etc.
Judging by the time of night it is possible the drive was intoxicated and panicked- but why not just flee- hit and run???
If the driver was over the limit and hit her and didn't hurt her too badly but she knew them or knew them to see they may panic- BUT if Mickey is conscious after an accident why grab her and all her belongings if an accident occurred- the consequence would be way more severe...
So this makes it a deliberate abduction in my opinion. No accident involved. And the way the perp tried to get rid of the bike etc- it's calculated to me... God I hope poor Mickey is going to come home to her family!

Getting set here in a jiffy to post thread #13, or, as it's now known colloquially, our gazillion-and-one-th dang thread.

Let it be Lucky 13.

Yeah its so confusing. Whenever I type chevy z71 on google images, mostly chevrolet silverado 1500's, 2500's, 3500's come up, and GMC has a z-71 too? Are they just branches of the same company?

Yes, GMC has a Z-71. I think Chevy is a division of General Motors. Search GMC Sierra 1500 Z-71.

Yeah, I feel that way, too. I guess you can enlighten us which truck they meant by one one with a bed cover - the one going the opposite way of Mickey on St Landrey AND the one on University, because there are THREE, count 'em THREE pics of pics of white trucks and they said the eliminated ONE.

The one headed in THE SAME DIRECTION AS MICKEY, in front of Circle K, is the Z-71... that's 1 truck. The one headed in the opposite direction, AND the one heading up University are the same truck. That = 3 pictures, but only 2 trucks.

PLEASE CONTINUE OUR DISCUSSION OF MICKEY'S DISAPPEARANCE AT THE LINK BELOW:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174062"]LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012: #13[/ame]

From what I understand, the white truck taking a left on University (pointing opposite from the direction MS went) and the shot of the white truck heading NW on University (in front of the graveyard) are the same truck. The police cleared this one truck.

Okay, now we're getting somewhere. Because the police WERE NOT CLEAR ON THIS POINT, you had to assume that's what they meant. Fair enough. However, we just got done with people *****ing about the chat reporters not being detailed enough and this is exactly how that stuff happens. I don't like assuming and I'm detail oriented so unclear statements are something I would clarify if I were, say, a reporter.

I was wondering if MS had rear lights on her bike, reason being that if the bike suffered major damage to the back tire, it could be possible that the truck driver didn't even see until too late especially if she was on the road behind the Cajun dome ?

Thinking about the LE presence upthread.

Poop, new thread.

GcUIH.png

Perhaps that will help.

This is a very good guess of the type of truck this could be. Compare the Wheel wells and notice their "square shape" near the edges. The taillight looks about the same also, as well as the rear bumber area.

I understand this main picture is the one that should be the only one to consider, and I think I now better understand that the picture that has the truck going to the right is actually a sort of road, because this truck is in the right most lane. The other picture of the one going the other way, it is in the lane beside it and there are left turn arrows painted on the pavement in front of that one. It just seems bizarre to have a similar looking truck coming back from that same direction, but I suppose it could be a different truck heading to the left in the other picture. But in any case, GREAT JOB in trying to get an identification picture of this truck. I think you may have it with the inserted picture.

JMO of course.

This is a very good guess of the type of truck this could be. Compare the Wheel wells and notice their "square shape" near the edges.

I understand this main picture is the one that should be the only one to consider, and I think I now better understand that the picture that has the truck going to the right is actually a sort of road, because this truck is in the right most lane. The other picture of the one going the other way, it is in the lane beside it and there are left turn arrows painted on the pavement in front of that one. It just seems bizarre to have a similar looking truck coming back from that same direction, but I suppose it could be a different truck heading to the left in the other picture. But in any case, GREAT JOB in trying to get an identification picture of this truck. I think you may have it with the inserted picture.

JMO of course.

I think that the truck in question has black handles, though.

I'll go with the single truck picture then. I'm not going to assume it was following Mickey... just going in the same direction. It was probably heading home. Going to surf around the area in that direction.

Can we get a link to the map on the next thread please?

When they released the second batch of pics, they said that the car traveling away from St. Landry and the one on University were the same. It's from every news report given on that day.

I swear, this is the first time I've wanted a drink since finding out I was pregnant 7 months go! lol. Stupid truck pics.

Do you (or anyone) have a reference. It would be nice to put this issue to rest once and for all.

Thanks

Yes, GMC has a Z-71. I think Chevy is a division of General Motors. Search GMC Sierra 1500 Z-71.

Here's a comparison with 2009-2011 Chevrolet/Chevy Silverado Z71's.

http://i.imgur.com/0K2OJ.png

I feel as if the tail lights are higher up in the back on the perp's truck..

They started making the tail lights lower in Chevy/Chevrolet Z71 Silverados in 2007 or so (based on a google image search for each year ex: 2007 chevy z71, etc.) but earlier models pre 2007 had them higher. So you might be right about the GMC models being more like the truck.

When they released the second batch of pics, they said that the car traveling away from St. Landry and the one on University were the same. It's from every news report given on that day.

I swear, this is the first time I've wanted a drink since finding out I was pregnant 7 months go! lol. Stupid truck pics.

Okay then. I never read that they had determined they were the same. Do you have the link for that info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford