SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there cameras along the route she would have traveled, or close to where the car was left?

- Was her cell phone and/or personal belongings found in her car?

BBM. It would be helpful to have a description of items Heather carried with her regularly or wore such as her phone, jewelry, clothes, purse, wallet (etc). Maybe someone has seen or found an item of significance but doesn't know it yet. JMO.

Good to know the flyers/posters are being handed out and posted everywhere. My prayers to the Elvis family.

Good morning! Welcome to all new WS members. I'm glad we have some MB locals posting with us now.

The Findheatherelvis FB page is still active. Sounds like the family has lots of support from friends and family but Mr. Elvis is not happy with LE and the media. He said he is both angry and disappointed in the system. He posted 9 hrs ago that it has been 35 hours since any word from LE.

Also, this article states that no Christmas presents would be opened until Heather comes home. :(
http://www.examiner.com/article/hea...makes-plea-for-daughter-s-safe-return?cid=rss

luckyladee, Do you know if Heather worked Tuesday night and if she was headed home from work at 2 am Wed? I'm just trying to figure out if someone could have followed her home from work and we don't have much to go on regarding her movements. Someone posted earlier that her roommate was out of town. I guess that would explain why nobody knew she was missing until Thurs. when her car was found. Has the MBPD interviewed Heather's neighbors in the complex where she lives? In many of these cases the perp lives right in the same neighborhood as the victim.

Where are you Heather?

wm

FWIW the suspects in this incident are still on the run.

According to this article, a female was arrested in connection to a shooting death of a man and the 2 suspects in the car crash are still on the loose, that it appears the incidents are related. I wonder what time the shooting occurred. Something that I find interesting is that the female suspect sort of resembles Heather. I wonder if its possible the male suspects could have confused Heather Elvis for Jessy Bracey, like maybe Heather just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time and the suspects latched onto her. Maybe?

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24245627/residents-respond-to-shooting-and-deadly-crash-in-socastee

Woman charged, 2 men sought in shooting and deadly crash in Socastee
Posted: Dec 17, 2013 6:28 PM EST
Updated: Dec 18, 2013 12:31 PM EST
By AJ Janavel - bio | email

Snipped:
Jessy Larinda Bracey was taken into custody and charged in connection with a shooting that occurred on Luttie Road, off of SC 707 in Socastee Tuesday morning. A deadly car chase followed that killed Elvan Douglas, age 35. He was driving a grey Nissan pickup truck that police say intentionally crashed into a white sedan with three people inside.

Bracey is charged with attempted murder and armed robbery. Horry County Police are still looking for Michael Scott Stevenson and Ronald Terrel Hamlet in connection with the incident as well.

2lwwtfo.jpg

Im a local, if you need info on the area, also friends with the family!

Hi Luckylady!

Here are some questions of mine...

Does Heather live at the White River Drive address?

Is she in a relationship? Or has there been a recent breakup?

Do you know who that last cell phone call (at approx. 3:00 a.m) was to or from?

TIA...:seeya:

I'm kind of confused. Her Facebook shows her current city was updated to Myrtle Beach on December 11. This article says she's missing out of Socastee but was last seen in Carolina Forest.

http://www.examiner.com/article/heather-elvis-disappearance-search-continues-for-missing-20-year-old

FWIW, the White River address is considered Carolina Forest and where her car was found is considered Socastee.

In Free White Pages I found an address for Terry Elvis in Myrtle Beach... On Sly Fox Trail...

JMO
Carolina forest and socastee are both in myrtle beach and if you lived in either you would have a myrtle beach address. This is what is confusing me- are they saying she is missing from socastee because she lives their, it beacause her car was found there? Knowing where she lives would help clear up some confusion for me. Peach tree landing "could be" on her way home depending on where in socastee she lived, but socastee is a relatively large area. IMO, a young women on the service industry would need some sort of help bill- wise living on her own- roommates maybe? At the very least it will be helpful to know if they searched her house/condo/apartment, talked to neighbors, took her electronic devices etc. hopefully they are not sharing this info with us as to not interfere with their investigation, but I would really like to know if these things are being done.

According to this article, a female was arrested in connection to a shooting death of a man and the 2 suspects in the car crash are still on the loose, that it appears the incidents are related. I wonder what time the shooting occurred. Something that I find interesting is that the female suspect sort of resembles Heather. I wonder if its possible the male suspects could have confused Heather Elvis for Jessy Bracey, like maybe Heather just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time and the suspects latched onto her. Maybe?

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24245627/residents-respond-to-shooting-and-deadly-crash-in-socastee

Snipped:
Jessy Larinda Bracey was taken into custody and charged in connection with a shooting that occurred on Luttie Road, off of SC 707 in Socastee Tuesday morning. A deadly car chase followed that killed Elvan Douglas, age 35. He was driving a grey Nissan pickup truck that police say intentionally crashed into a white sedan with three people inside.

Bracey is charged with attempted murder and armed robbery. Horry County Police are still looking for Michael Scott Stevenson and Ronald Terrel Hamlet in connection with the incident as well.

2lwwtfo.jpg

Quoting myself to keep it all together...

This article is very informative. It describes more victims, times, areas, etc. If the disappearance of Heather is related to these suspects, she's in extremely grave danger if she's still alive at all...

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_c80a6df6-675e-11e3-af45-0019bb30f31a.html?mode=jqm

* too much detail to snip only a portion, best to just read in entirety.

"Officials used boats from Horry County, Myrtle Beach, and the Department of Natural Resources, along with the State Law Enforcement helicopter, to search the Intracoastal Waterway at Peachtree Landing where Elvis' car was found, Kegler added.

At this time, police say they haven't found any sign that she's been in or near the water."

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=985850#.UrsqG_RDvEY

Has sonar been used, I wonder? Like the equipment that TES uses to take pictures of the river bottom?

RE: Has sonar been used, I wonder?

margarita25, I'm not sure if sonar has been used but CUE SAR has one of the best Sonar teams in the nation. The resources of CUE/NC are immense, and their experienced and skilled volunteer searchers are the best of the best, imo. One of the classes taught in the CUE 2013 National missing persons conference was Introduction of GPS Technology, taught by Chuck Elgin; Chief of the NC underwater response team since 1991.
CUE Founder; Monica Caison; The Searcher says, "I can't promise you that we will locate your loved one, but I can promise you that you will get 110% of me"!
I do think that it is a very unusual coincidence/parallel that CUE is the primary SAR for Heather Elvis, Britanee Drexel, and Crystal Soles.
http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/
Community United Effort (CUE) Center for Missing Persons
Wesbite

VTS 01 1 - YouTube

Is it possible the suspect/s that put Heather's car on Peachtree Landing only parked there to make le think they left via boat, but maybe instead travelled in another car via Mill Pond Rd to 544?

According to this article, the 2 male suspects ran from their vehicle right after the crash. They were in a white sports car. Looking at this picture of the wrecked white car that the silver pickup crashed into, imo they'd need another vehicle to escape in. The COMMENTS at this article are informative. They mention the driver of the pickup heard the shootings and being a good samaritan he was trying not to let the shooters get away, that's why the collision was "intentional", that he died after trying to stop the suspects by ramming their car.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/12/18/3910748/myrtle-beach-woman-charged-in.html

k27ns.jpg

Snipped:
Police filed the charges against Bracey and issued arrest warrants for Ronald Terrel Hamlet, 28, of Kingstree and Michael Scott Stevenson, 27, of High Point, N.C., were in connection with a shooting that occurred just before a vehicle crash that killed a Socastee man. Police believe the two men ran from their vehicle after the 5:30 a.m. Tuesday crash on Socastee Boulevard. It was unclear who was driving that vehicle.

Is it possible the suspect/s that put Heather's car on Peachtree Landing only parked there to make le think they left via boat, but maybe instead travelled in another car via Mill Pond Rd to 544?

Agree Jersey*Girl, the car drop off may have been a deflection tactic.. The K9s should give investigators an indication of what happened at the boat ramp where Heather's car was located, imo.

I don't think so. A car parked their WITHOUT a boat trailer would, IMO, be automatically suspicious and probably reported. This is not a place to leave your car to walk anywhere- nothing in the area to walk to. It is also NOT very isolated- it is a public boat ramp with a small playground and picnic area and small wooden walkway on the river for fishing. There are houses all around it, in fact the playground is practically in the back yards of these houses. It would be very quiet in the middle of the night of course, but if somebody left a car there thinking it wouldn't be found for a while they would be very wrong.

Odd wording...

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24273295/horry-county-police-investigating-missing-woman

Snipped:
HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – It's been over a week since anyone has heard from 20-year-old Heather Elvis. The last time anyone heard from Heather, was about 3 a.m. on Wednesday, December 18, after she went on a date. Her mother said her date dropped her off at her house. Heather called her roommate to tell her how she had a great time. That is the last time anyone will admit to talking to her.

Snipped:

2lwwtfo.jpg

Hi there Jersey Girl! There appears to be a discrepancy between times of this crime and Heather's disappearance. This crime occured on Tues morning and Heather's last phone usage/ping, not sure which, was Wed morning at 3 am. Just wanted to clarify. It doesn't mean those men didn't hide out in the woods during daylight Tuesday and then abducted Heather early Wed morning in the dark of night if they were still in the area without a car. They fled on foot so it's possible they were looking for a car to carjack. I hope LE is processing her car for DNA evidence and hairs, etc.

wm

Hi there Jersey Girl! There appears to be a discrepancy between times of this crime and Heather's disappearance. This crime occured on Tues morning and Heather's last phone usage/ping, not sure which, was Wed morning at 3 am. Just wanted to clarify. It doesn't mean those men didn't hide out in the woods during daylight Tuesday and then abducted Heather early Wed morning in the dark of night if they were still in the area without a car. They fled on foot so it's possible they were looking for a car to carjack. I hope LE is processing her car for DNA evidence and hairs, etc.

wm

Thank you so much waltzingmatilda. How are ya? I should have realized that. I noticed people posting about the incident so thought I'd look at that aspect. I didn't even notice the date discrepancy. Thank you!

Side note- hope everyone had a nice holiday. Xox :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member