NV NV - Las Vegas, WhtFem 55-60, UP355, in bus station restroom, scar, rings, clothes, Jul'82

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
NamUs UP Case 355
*** WARNING POSTMORTEM PHOTO AT LINK ***
https://identifyus.org/cases/355

Unidentified White Female
* Found on July 10, 1982 at the Greyhound Bus Station, 200 S. Main Street, Las Vegas, NV.

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 55 to 60 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4"; 138 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown/graying, 3 inches in length, Hazel Eyes, 2.5 inch long healed scar on left side of umbilicus. Removable Dentures (8 Crowned teeth remaining)
* Clothing: Blue pants, muticolored blouse with flowers and white shirt, white metal ring with 6 clear stones, white metal wedding style ring, white metal earrings, and two white metal necklaces.

Case History
* On 7/10/1982, this person was found slumped over in a stall in the ladies' restroom inside the Greyhound Bus Terminal at 200 S. Main St. in Las Vegas. Her purse was hanging on the door handle on the inside of the stall. There was no identification inside the purse or on her person.

The circumstances don't match up. This woman was thought to have been murdered by her husband and disposed of in a barrel. But she sure looks like the UID. The timeframe looks good, and her height is within an inch. Her age is right, and she wore dentures just as the UID did.

Jean McKinney
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mckinney_jean.html

mckinney_jean2.jpg
mckinney_jean3.jpg
mckinney_jean4.jpg
mckinney_jean5.jpg

On the other hand, if she was afraid of flying it would make sense that she'd be in a Greyhound terminal if travelling. Wonder if any buses left from near the airport?

The circumstances don't match up. This woman was thought to have been murdered by her husband and disposed of in a barrel. But she sure looks like the UID. The timeframe looks good, and her height is within an inch. Her age is right, and she wore dentures just as the UID did.

Jean McKinney
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mckinney_jean.html

mckinney_jean2.jpg
mckinney_jean3.jpg
mckinney_jean4.jpg
mckinney_jean5.jpg

I wonder whether the lividity patterns from being put into a large barrel could be similar to the lividity patterns from being slumped over? I suppose they could, if the barrel was the right size and the person who packed the barrel was careful and knew to look out for how the body was positioned.

I wonder whether the lividity patterns from being put into a large barrel could be similar to the lividity patterns from being slumped over? I suppose they could, if the barrel was the right size and the person who packed the barrel was careful and knew to look out for how the body was positioned.

I wouldn't even want to go there with that angle. I might be able to entertain the possibility that LE had it all wrong in suspecting her husband. But I would say no way that he took her in a barrel from Arkansas to the Greyhound Bus Depot in Las Vegas and deposited her body in a stall in the ladies room three months later (and then left with the barrel unnoticed).

If we accept the premise that she was murdered by hubby, then there is no way in my mind that this Jane Doe is Jean McKinney.

I wouldn't even want to go there with that angle. I might be able to entertain the possibility that LE had it all wrong in suspecting her husband. But I would say no way that he took her in a barrel from Arkansas to the Greyhound Bus Depot in Las Vegas and deposited her body in a stall in the ladies room three months later (and then left with the barrel unnoticed).

If we accept the premise that she was murdered by hubby, then there is no way in my mind that this Jane Doe is Jean McKinney.

Ah. I didn't notice the large time lag.

IMO it mightn't be too implausible if we suppose that she had a violent argument with her husband and got beaten or shot or something. Not enough to kill her but enough to ruin the carpet and make her scared enough to run for her life. She might have left her car at the airport to throw him off (supposing she took the bus to somewhere or other) and he might have found it necessary to destroy the bloody carpet and maybe a weapon (In a barrel?) and lie to the police about the circumstances of her disappearance enough to make himself look guilty as sin.

I was thinking something along the same lines, Donjeta. He certainly *sounds* guilty as sin, and that story shows up over and over again in the stories of too many missing women, but women also do get up the nerve to leave abusive relationships. She might have been afraid to tell even her daughter where she was for fear he'd find out and follow her. If she was that desperate, she might have flown somewhere first. That her name doesn't appear proves nothing. In 1982 you didn't need ID; she could have given a false name.

I called this in, and spoke with an investigator at the Clark County Coroner's office.

She was very polite, and took down the information, and said that she would keep me posted as to the status.

I was thinking something along the same lines, Donjeta. He certainly *sounds* guilty as sin, and that story shows up over and over again in the stories of too many missing women, but women also do get up the nerve to leave abusive relationships. She might have been afraid to tell even her daughter where she was for fear he'd find out and follow her. If she was that desperate, she might have flown somewhere first. That her name doesn't appear proves nothing. In 1982 you didn't need ID; she could have given a false name.

These two ladies do look remarkably alike. Is her daughter also G.A. McKinney's daughter? If she is, Jean McKinney might not have told her about her plans because the daughter might [inadvertently] tell her dad.

I called this in, and spoke with an investigator at the Clark County Coroner's office.

She was very polite, and took down the information, and said that she would keep me posted as to the status.

Any word Carl? I don't normally bump threads, however I really think you have nailed this one. FWIW, Jean McKinney still isn't listed as a rule-out.

Any word Carl? I don't normally bump threads, however I really think you have nailed this one. FWIW, Jean McKinney still isn't listed as a rule-out.

Never did hear back. I didn't follow-up, as the circumstances are so inconsistent.

But the resemblance is amazing, and the basic physical details are consistent. It should be checked out despite the clear implication that she was murdered by her husband and disposed of in a barrel somewhere in rural Arkansas, as opposed to dying of natural causes in a ladies room in a Las Vegas bus depot.

Mary Miller got my attention as a possibility of being the unknown woman, yet when I went back and checked the dates of when Mary was reported missing and when the UID was found and there is a three year gap. Also the circumstances which Mary went missing don't really line up with being found in a Las Vegas washroom, but there are physical and dental similarities between Mary and the UID (as well as a lot of people from Utah go to Nevada and vice versa).
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2873dfut.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1864/0/
MKMiller.jpg

Never did hear back. I didn't follow-up, as the circumstances are so inconsistent.

But the resemblance is amazing, and the basic physical details are consistent. It should be checked out despite the clear implication that she was murdered by her husband and disposed of in a barrel somewhere in rural Arkansas, as opposed to dying of natural causes in a ladies room in a Las Vegas bus depot.

I think there is a remarkable resemblance

http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=5779314831951

Mary Louise Watkins looks pretty close to this UID...only problems I have is that she wore eye glasses and this UID didn't have any. Height a little off. Similar looks, eye color, circumstances match okay...

Report Type: Voluntary Missing Adult
Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Height: 5 ft. 02 in.
Weight: 130 lbs.
Date of Birth: 4/20/1925
Scars/Marks/Tattoos: Surgical scars on lower torso
Dental X-rays Available: No

Mary was last seen on May 17, 1979 in Modesto, CA.
Charley Project states that she sold her house and told friends she was leaving town.

image.aspx

This looks very close to me. The surgical scar matches, too. I don't think the glasses are necessarily significant; they might have been in her purse or she might have switched to contacts.

Is there any imformation on how she died? I wonder how her nose became so damaged, if she just died in the stall...was she perhaps beaten and then put in the stall? Her face seems to show signs of trauma....greater than one would think from dying accidentally in a bathroom.

Is there any imformation on how she died? I wonder how her nose became so damaged, if she just died in the stall...was she perhaps beaten and then put in the stall? Her face seems to show signs of trauma....greater than one would think from dying accidentally in a bathroom.

I think that's just the lividity pattern from the way she was slumped over -- like maybe she was leaning into the toilet paper holder, or something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back