GUILTY OH - Marion Co., WhtFem Skeletal 672UFOH, 18-22, along rural road, Mar'07- Dana Nicole Lowrey

The case manager for Maura is the same case manager for my cousin's case in Namus so I sent her an email requesting info on Maura's dentals....please forgive me if I stepped on anyone's toes!

I received an email back the the forensic odontologist would compare the dentals-should be a pretty quick ruling. I will let you know if I hear anything!

Most likely, the first page of the NAMUS listing for the doe will list the comparison if it is deemed not to be a match.

Is it just me or does the reconstruction look more like someone that is over the age of 30?

Thanks for taking this up, Believe. It might be a long shot, but it's certainly worth checking. I don't know whether to hope it is, or isn't. I want Maura to be alive.

The case manager for Maura is the same case manager for my cousin's case in Namus so I sent her an email requesting info on Maura's dentals....please forgive me if I stepped on anyone's toes!

She's your cousin. That gives you the right to step on whomever's toes are standing there.

And I am sure that none of us would think that our toes were stepped on under these circumstances.

I don't necessarily disagree with your theory, but I'm missing something here. He's from Ohio? There's no part of Ohio that's within 30 minutes of any part of NH, let alone the northern part where Maura's accident happened. More like 10-12 hours of steady driving.

Space between nose and upper lip is a critical proportion -- even if the sketch is exaggerated, it still means the UID had more than usual space. Also Maura's lips don't seem full enough. Might still be worth submitting, however.

I meant the discovery site of the unidentified woman in Ohio is only about 30 minutes from where Maura's boyfriend is from.

And you're not stepping on my toes Believe, this is all still kind of new to me so I wouldn't even know where begin getting a comparison done. I had looked at her file in NAMUS the other day to see about her wisdom teeth but I couldn't find any information. Thanks for following up!!

I meant the discovery site of the unidentified woman in Ohio is only about 30 minutes from where Maura's boyfriend is from.

And you're not stepping on my toes Believe, this is all still kind of new to me so I wouldn't even know where begin getting a comparison done. I had looked at her file in NAMUS the other day to see about her wisdom teeth but I couldn't find any information. Thanks for following up!!

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I misread -- my bad.

Hi all. I checked the Namus sight and it looks like Maura Murry was ruled out.

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
Maura Murray 1982 Massachusetts

I love the NE group of Namus....I will ask a mod to change the head line on the UID so we can keep trying.

Hi all. I checked the Namus sight and it looks like Maura Murry was ruled out.

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
Maura Murray 1982 Massachusetts

I submitted Colleen Perris-Florida 2000 as a possible match for this Doe. I just received word that she has been ruled out by dentals. The Doe's Namus file has been updated several times over the past few weeks so I am hoping the Sheriff will list Colleen as an exclusion.

The following women have been ruled out for the UID found on March 10, 2007 in Marion County, Ohio.

Per NamUs ( https://identifyus.org/cases/4725 ):
Jessica Foster, missing from Nevada
Suzanne Lyall, missing from New York
Melanie Metheny, missing from West Virginia
Maura Murray, missing from Massachusetts

Per someoneschild (post #24 above):
Colleen Perris, missing from Florida

Another Websleuths member in this thread has very kindly agreed to submit Carla Losey. :) Hopefully LE has already ruled her out or is capable of doing so with reasonable speed.

Hello,

My name is Ed Edwards. My sister, Kristen Anderson, was murdered by her husband on October 1st, 2006 in Martins Ferry Ohio and we have not been able to find her body. I found this website today and am wondering who I could talk to for help on this missing person case? Kristen fit all of the physical descriptions and time frames of death in this report. It doesn't look a lot like her, (except for the chin), but I realize it is a recreation based on skeletal remains. Marion county would be a couple hours away from where Kristen was murdered and her husband had a couple of unaccounted days after the incident before committing suicide. Please contact me at edwv30@yahoo.com if you can help. Thank you.

You can read Kristen's story here:

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2009/02/the-missing-a-weekly-expos%C3%A9-of-lost-souls-issue-29.html

Ed:

I don't see your sister's name in Doe Network, NAMPN, NamUs, or Charley Project. I suggest that you contact the administrators of those sites, and ask that they create a profile for her case. These sites are the primary "go-to" places for people trying to match up unidentified decedents to missing persons.

My preferred site is Charley Project for anyone who has been missing for over six months. They have a larger listing than Doe Network, and they do a better job of cleaning out their resolved cases than NAMPN does. However, the Charley Project administrator, Meaghan Good currently does not have access to her computer (it is in the repair shop), and she might be slow to list your case right now.

Here are the e-mail addresses to contact them to get your case listed.

Charley Project
URL: www.charleyproject.org
Administrator: administrator@charleyproject.org

Doe Network:
URL: www.doenetwork.org
Administrator: helenewahlstrom@gmail.com

NAMPN:
URL: http://www.nampn.org/mp.html
Administrator: Follow instructions at http://www.nampn.org/submit.html

NamUs:
URL: https://www.findthemissing.org/
(I believe that families of Missing persons can sign up and enter their own cases on this site)

Also, If you have a good straight-on close-up photo of her face, you should provide that in addition to the photo on the ID website. It is quite useful when trying to compare postmortem photos or facial reconstructions to her photo.

Mr. Edwards, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. I remember reading about her case once a few years ago. If you believe Marion County Jane Doe might be Kristen, you should get in touch with the Marion County sheriff's office. Here are their website and phone numbers:

Marion County Sheriff's Office
(740) 382-8244
(800) 241-8244
http://mcoprx.co.marion.oh.us/sheriff/

We have a thread for your sister here:
WV WV-Kristen Anderson, 24, Wheeling, 2006 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

There is very little information for your sister on the Internet, I notice. I am going to put a new post in your sister's thread with some suggestions. I encourage you to please click over there and read it. I will forward a copy to your e-mail address.

Also, if you continue to post here, it would be a good idea for you to get in touch with one of the forum administrators who can verify that you are who you say you are, for safety and clarity's sake.

Edited to add: It looks like the ever-helpful CarlK has already made some suggestions :) I will copy them over to your sister's thread and send you an e-mail.

Thank you for the help. I didn't realize there was a thread here for Kristen and will follow your link.

It is true that there is very little information about Kristen on the internet. The Wheeling, WV police department never investigated like they should have or kept in contact with our family. We still...to this day, haven't heard from them. Detective Triggs from the Martins Ferry, Ohio department has been in contact with our family and has followed up on leads when possible but he can not cross state lines. We had asked the FBI to get involved since this happened between Ohio and WV but they said that West Virginia would have to ask for assistance....and they haven't.

I spoke with Detective Triggs this evening about this and he compared the dental records of Kristen with the lady from Marion County. He said that #16 and #17 matched but Kristen was missing #1 so they weren't the same person. I do not know what this means but understand that it isn't Kristen. He said that Kristen is in the LEADS system which will flag anything that matched around the country.

Again, thank you for all of the help...it is greatly appreciated.

Ed

Another thing:

I noticed that the DNA profile for this unidentified decedent is in CODIS (i.e., the National computerized DNA comparison system).

Assuming that you and your sister have the same mother, I suggest that you contact your local law enforcement agency and ask that they take a DNA sample from you and put it in the CODIS system (If you have not already done so).

Once her DNA profile is entered, if this unidentified decedent (or any other unidentified decedent listed in CODIS) is your sister, CODIS will identify the match automatically, and your the law-enforcement agency in charge of her case will receive an e-mail notifying them that a match has been made.

Anyone who shares your sister's mother, maternal grandmother, mother's maternal grandmother (or anyone else connected in your family tree by a continuous chain of females) can submit a DNA sample into CODIS and that sample will be as valid as her own DNA for purposes of comparison. This includes yourself, even though you are male because your mother (a female) connects your Mitochondrial DNA to that of your sister.

Edit to Add: regarding the dental comparison. What Det. Triggs was saying is that Kristen was missing her upper right wisdom tooth (i.e. tooth #1), and the decedent still had her upper right wisdom tooth. That proves that this person is not your sister.

The look is pretty close, but I'm having trouble comparing the faces. She does have that long space from nose to upper lip.

The timeline fits -- roughly three days between when the boyfriend was arrested and when the murder took place is enough time for him to have driven to Ohio to dump the body. Googlemaps says about 30 hours of driving time to Marion and back. Seems rather strange that he would have gone there, but you never know.

Attachments

• 672UFOH1.jpg
    672UFOH1.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 672UFOH2.jpg
    672UFOH2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 124
  • esquivel_tammy2.jpg
    esquivel_tammy2.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 39
  • esquivel_tammy.jpg
    esquivel_tammy.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 36
Hello,

My name is Ed Edwards. My sister, Kristen Anderson, was murdered by her husband on October 1st, 2006 in Martins Ferry Ohio and we have not been able to find her body. I found this website today and am wondering who I could talk to for help on this missing person case? Kristen fit all of the physical descriptions and time frames of death in this report. It doesn't look a lot like her, (except for the chin), but I realize it is a recreation based on skeletal remains. Marion county would be a couple hours away from where Kristen was murdered and her husband had a couple of unaccounted days after the incident before committing suicide. Please contact me at edwv30@yahoo.com if you can help. Thank you.

You can read Kristen's story here:

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2009/02/the-missing-a-weekly-expos%C3%A9-of-lost-souls-issue-29.html

I have nothing constructive to add regarding what you should do...but I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry for your loss.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back