VICTIM #5 - Laconia Shontel "Muggy" Brown, 23 - Found Deceased 29 May 2008

Boy I'd love to nail down the address of that house. Google lists it as 258 E Spencer St, but when I tried to do a tax or property search on that address, I came up empty handed. :waitasec:

Then again, my internet sleuthing skills are pretty weak. Anyone else want to have a go at this? ;)

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&b...a=X&ei=eS7xUI26GJDi9gSvx4HgAQ&ved=0CDEQ8gEwAA

I haven't found an exact address MK. I've been looking.

I did find a scanned pdf copy of a newspaper clipping mentioning about Muggy being arrested in the investigation of Kirk's Menard's daughter. Does anyone think they should have chosen him to investigate if he had a conflict of interest? (May have to enlarge document.)

http://www.bluetoad.com/publication/?i=26712&p=18

he was basing it on his experience with dead bodies and types of decomp

Gotcha. So this is just a theory. I was thinking I'd missed some major info from msm articles or something. I was about to :banghead:.

Gotcha. So this is just a theory. I was thinking I'd missed some major info from msm articles or something. I was about to :banghead:.

I think ketchum's theory is that all or most were doused with bleach, based on decomp & rumors.
So who knows?

I think ketchum's theory is that all or most were doused with bleach, based on decomp & rumors.
So who knows?

true-but he may be on to something-some other 'land-based" bodies found as part of homicides were immediately ruled out as tied to j8(9?) based upon something-i'd say signature--so perhaps the bleaching is part of the signature

true-but he may be on to something-some other 'land-based" bodies found as part of homicides were immediately ruled out as tied to j8(9?) based upon something-i'd say signature--so perhaps the bleaching is part of the signature

This is my thought as well.

Boy I'd love to nail down the address of that house. Google lists it as 258 E Spencer St, but when I tried to do a tax or property search on that address, I came up empty handed. :waitasec:

Then again, my internet sleuthing skills are pretty weak. Anyone else want to have a go at this? ;)

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&b...a=X&ei=eS7xUI26GJDi9gSvx4HgAQ&ved=0CDEQ8gEwAA

Awhile back I did just that. Google is wrong. The number is 220. Search it and you'll find the owner's surname appears in police reports pretty frequently. His decendants also seem to have a problem with fire.

Here's a good starting point.

http://www.jenningsdailynews.net/?s=sinegal&x=0&y=0

https://www.google.com/search?q=sin...87,d.eWU&fp=96f1f3db7e7bde74&biw=1304&bih=644

Public records show some of those named in the articles are related. Other connections can be made from social media. The name has also come up on other boards in connection with Muggy's murder, but not until the house was raided last year.

MSM did not publish the name of any residents living in the house, so we won't do it here, either. Still, it's a fact, according to MSM, that the raid was related to the investigation into Muggy's death. And the property owner's name has been confirmed. So we can sleuth in this direction, but no names, please. Initials only!

I agree that Ketchum may be onto something, my concern is that I don't let theories get into my head as facts, kwim? Once that happens, I may as well give up on a case, because it just screws me up. Again, just a quirk of my mind. No disrespect to Ketchum.

Awhile back I did just that. Google is wrong. The number is 220. Search it and you'll find the owner's surname appears in police reports pretty frequently. His decendants also seem to have a problem with fire.

Here's a good starting point.

http://www.jenningsdailynews.net/?s=sinegal&x=0&y=0

https://www.google.com/search?q=sin...87,d.eWU&fp=96f1f3db7e7bde74&biw=1304&bih=644

Public records show some of those named in the articles are related. Other connections can be made from social media. The name has also come up on other boards in connection with Muggy's murder, but not until the house was raided last year.

MSM did not publish the name of any residents living in the house, so we won't do it here, either. Still, it's a fact, according to MSM, that the raid was related to the investigation into Muggy's death. And the property owner's name has been confirmed. So we can sleuth in this direction, but no names, please. Initials only!

Thanks, Bessie.

Something just hit me. KM relates that while patrolling Lacour Rd (off of E Racca), he and Mike Dubois encounter only 2 vehicles. One was, he believes, a dark blue truck which turned off it's lights and sped off. The other was officer MJ (who just so happened to have been the person who discovered the body of Muggy Brown at 2 am, some time prior).

I can't recall the date when KM says this incident occurred (I'll try to track that down), but it's interesting to note that the body of Crystal Benoit Zeno was discovered down this very road on Sept. 11, 2008.

Let me clarify why I find all of this so interesting.

1. Several locals have said that Muggy Brown did "ride alongs" with officer MJ. Can I verify that information? No. But let's just assume for a moment that she did. Does anyone here believe that Muggy Brown was a concerned citizen who volunteered for a citizen ride-along program? Highly doubt that. So IF she was known to do "ride-alongs" with MJ, what could have been the reason? My guess is that there was either a drug connection, a prostitution connection, or she was an informant. That's just a guess. I have nothing solid to base this on...just playing the game of "what if", and trying to CMOA, here. ;)

2. On May 29, 2008, at 2 am in the morning, MJ is patrolling this very rural area, and just happens to stumble upon the still warm body of none other than Muggy Brown. This occurred very near the B & T police shooting range, which I assume is deserted at 2 am in the morning. (I'll stop there.)

3. Sometime much later (I'll try to nail down the date), KM and MD are patrolling this very rural area at night and encounter only 2 vehicles...a dark blue truck (which turned off it's lights and sped off), and none other than MJ. This occurred on Lacour Rd. (where the body of Crystal Benoit Zeno either had already been found, or would later be found..depending on the date this incident occurred). Menard observes MJ not using the spotlight of his patrol car, but instead using a flashlight. Was he looking for something in particular? Did he not see the same blue truck that KM and MD saw? Is it incredibly off the wall to wonder if MJ (either unintentionally or intentionally) had already "encountered" this blue truck? We know why KM was at this very rural location driving around at night. What was MJ and the occupants of the blue truck doing out there? Just a coincidence?

ETA: I checked the date when the incident with KM ocurred. It was Nov. 8/9, 2008 . So it was after the murders of Muggy Brown (found on E Racca Rd.) and Crystal Zeno (found on Lacour rd.), and while Brittney Gary was still missing. Brittney was reported missing on Nov. 3, KM encounters a blue truck and MJ on Lacour Rd the evening of Nov. 8/9, and Brittney Gary's body is found on Nov. 15, off Keystone Rd.

Crystal Zeno's body is found off of Lacour Rd. on September 11, 2008, approximately 2 months later, KM encounters MJ (using a flashlight from his car?) and a dark blue truck (which sped off) on Lacour Rd. (Wow) And this occurs while Brittney Gary is listed as missing. (whew!) You guys following all that?

I think I follow MK. It is very suspicious. I wonder if MJ was the one Crystal called from the Phillips 66?
I also wonder if these girls were CI's. It just seems strange that Crystal would call "someone" in the dept.. I mean if you are calling out of fear, wouldn't you naturally call 911?

I think I follow MK. It is very suspicious. I wonder if MJ was the one Crystal called from the Phillips 66?
I also wonder if these girls were CI's. It just seems strange that Crystal would call "someone" in the dept.. I mean if you are calling out of fear, wouldn't you naturally call 911?

I believe that Crystal called someone in the Sheriff's office. MJ works for the JPD.

Perhaps Crystal was afraid to call 911. She was in the city of Jennings when she called, right? So wouldn't JPD respond to that call? Maybe she trusted whomever she called at the Sheriff's office, but not someone from JPD...who knows? All speculation, of course...but interesting speculation none the less.

I'll just add something silly here, since I am from a small town and know how these things work. (And if anyone did ride alongs it was to point out peeps for the benefit of the officer for his own nefarious deeds or for saving time in jail, only to end up for the officer's own nefarious deeds and his/her own inner demons.)

Just watched a film about Waco and how whacked that was with big Government, I never know, I did not watch t.v. at the time. This can be reduced to small town issues. Evidence destroyed, evidence lost, everyone playing the "I don't think so, I didn't do it game." Yes it happens in big Gov a lot, but small towns are impossible to penetrate when no one is let in, no towns people talk out of fear, anyone that talked recants to save their own lives, and they all know what the real issue is.

Everyone in that town knows what happened, there are some witnesses struggling to live another day, there are some criminals hoping to hold on to their tiny lifestyles (LE to start cough, cough), there are many that suffer.

If interested here is the Waco thing, but way off topic:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVUqmwCoGjA&list=UUNcx7EebvNO8iMFPTtvYZjg&index=4"]David Koresh - Waco Massacre (2012 Full Documentary) - YouTube[/ame]

I'll just add something silly here, since I am from a small town and know how these things work. (And if anyone did ride alongs it was to point out peeps for the benefit of the officer for his own nefarious deeds or for saving time in jail, only to end up for the officer's own nefarious deeds and his/her own inner demons.)

Just watched a film about Waco and how whacked that was with big Government, I never know, I did not watch t.v. at the time. This can be reduced to small town issues. Evidence destroyed, evidence lost, everyone playing the "I don't think so, I didn't do it game." Yes it happens in big Gov a lot, but small towns are impossible to penetrate when no one is let in, no towns people talk out of fear, anyone that talked recants to save their own lives, and they all know what the real issue is.

Everyone in that town knows what happened, there are some witnesses struggling to live another day, there are some criminals hoping to hold on to their tiny lifestyles (LE to start cough, cough), there are many that suffer

If interested here is the Waco thing, but way off topic:

David Koresh - Waco Massacre (2012 Full Documentary) - YouTube

Thank you. I am in an absolutely, totally, DISGUSTED mood right now and I JUST WANT TO SCREAM, "JUSTICE"! Okay I feel better now...NOT!!!

I believe that Crystal called someone in the Sheriff's office. MJ works for the JPD.

Perhaps Crystal was afraid to call 911. She was in the city of Jennings when she called, right? So wouldn't JPD respond to that call? Maybe she trusted whomever she called at the Sheriff's office, but not someone from JPD...who knows? All speculation, of course...but interesting speculation none the less.

there's another MJ(same last name, maybe sister?) that is a sgt. and on/was on the TASK FORCE

there's another MJ(same last name, maybe sister?) that is a sgt. and on/was on the TASK FORCE

I saw that. If memory serves, she was one of the LE members who showed Baffled's daughter the pic of Necole. But don't put that into the file under fact, because my memory could be faulty here. I'll try to double check myself when I have time later.

BTW, you wouldn't happen to know who the detective from Crowley is, would you? According to Baffled, this detective from Crowley was one of the ones who picked up her daughter and brought her in for questioning regarding Brittney Gary. I have no idea who this person might be. :waitasec:

I know Brittney grew up in Crowley, but her body wasn't dumped there, was it? If not, what the heck is a detective from Crowley doing investigating a murder in Jennings? Unless, of course, he or she was investigating something that occurred in Crowley, and it had some connection to the murder of Brittney Gary.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back