Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not attend but close friends did and said they had an open casket at the calling hours. :( Denise, A.R. & the daughter of MJ were nowhere to be seen and there were MANY police officers there.

I think Denise was just bent on keeping up appearances. She knew exactly what was going on but just didn't want to stir up trouble. Plus it seems like AR was so aligned with MJ that the 2 of them could run all over Denise.
And she still must be...showing up at MJs hearing!? And, if "they" have money to buy sex contraptions, why does he have a court appointed attorney?! Sorry if this has been discussed earlier in the day...but seeing her pic at the courthouse just made my blood boil!!

Evry state is different. It also matters whether they question a minor on school grounds. Denise c was probably at the police station when they questioned AR but she didn't have to be in the room.

Thanks for that. I have no idea. Maybe they did get her permission too. Sounds like that's what you're saying in essence.

I did not attend but close friends did and said they had an open casket at the calling hours. :( Denise, A.R. & the daughter of MJ were nowhere to be seen and there were MANY police officers there.
I read that it was going to be an open casket...how heartwrenching. It also gets me thinking.

Brooke's casket was open? :confused:
If so, that means there was little decomposition when the body was found.

Really? I wonder if they just didn't come or if they were specifically told not to come. But Denise managed to show up for MJ huh? I can understand AR not being there though. I can't imagine what the kids must be saying since I'm sure they know who everyone is. From what I saw on myspace, they are all in a very tight group.

Thank you for the info. bdmama! I wonder if they'll be at the Funeral tomorrow?

My heart goes out to those law enforcement officers. It seems like they would need counseling with what they have to endure. I don't know what society would do without them. In our free society they end up picking up the pieces after crummy and dangerous choices made by careless people.

That's an interesting tidbit. I didn't know that. I wouldn't be at all comfortable with that or happy about it. If it's the law though I don't guess there's a lot a parent could do about it after the fact. Seems as if law enforcement questions children at all a parent/guardian should be present.

We were furious. We told them we didn't appreciate them harassing our son. He has never even been sent to the office...then they want to embarass him over something he had nothing to do with.

It look like the official date of her death is listed as the 25th of June.

BINGO! I am going through this right now with a cousin that is incarcerated for passing bad checks - second offense and he got 3 years. He suddenly loves Jesus and wants his freedom so badly, but these are things that he should have thought about when he had his freedom. He's going to say and do whatever is necessary for him to maintain a sense of self-preservation. As for MJ and doing his pittance of a sentence - it chaps my bum! When will the system learn - pedos cannot be cured. EVER.

The trouble is your cousin got almost the same time Jacques served for a violent crime. IMO, the system needs to be changed.

I'm sort of surprised it was an open casket based on the way police first talked about finding her body...so much for the idea she was too decomposed for identification...

I don't think I could have gone myself. But open casket is very telling.

I really thought that if they had been dead a certain amount of time they couldn't have an open casket due to health concerns. This is what a friend of mine was told when he found his Dad dead after so many days.

We were furious. We told them we didn't appreciate them harassing our son. He has never even been sent to the office...then they want to embarass him over something he had nothing to do with.

Oh exactly. I don't blame you one bit. Heck they parents to the school if the child loses a page of homework and then don't bother picking up the phone with something important with police questioning.

Are you going to go before the school board and talk to them about it? Sometimes for the sake of your child it's best to not do more though. I feel for you and your son. Kids are so vulnerable. They don't know what to say in a situation like that and why would they? That's so sad. I'm sorry.

ETA: Tell the school officials to dress nice Monday morning because the local news media will be there to talk to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire