TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think of it......the phone was not pinging at all during that time. Had it been, they would have said in another area or what not, they said NO PHONE USAGE. They didn't use the word "Calls" at all, only pings. He pulled the battery IMO.

I agree. Someone had mentioned that maybe he was out of range of any tower, but according to the Verizon Wireless coverage map below (from http://www.verizonwireless.com/wireless-coverage-area-map.shtml) , he would have to have driven quite some distance between getting out of range, and his phone would have pinged at other towers, IMHO:

attachment.php

Attachments

• VZW coverage.jpg
    VZW coverage.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 393
It's going to be a long weekend. I hope they find her.

lol, of course after Tricia's post, I'm kinda afraid to post anything worrying someone's gonna run tell mom and we'll get the thread locked. :floorlaugh:

You silly Rabbit. No worries. Just post in the wonderful way you and all the other posters always do :)

I wonder if Hailey had quit band and Billie did not even know? I read that post in Dec. on H's FB page about the band concert, it did sound like she was meant to be in it, just did not want to go.

Also why would Billie care if Hailey is being referred to mostly as a cheerleader? Why would that matter to her at this point? That doesn't make sense, not when she is still talking about SA on the one hand, but wants Hailey to be seen as more than a cheerleader on the other hand?
If Hailey quit the band then wouldn't have BD noticed that the saxophone (and case) were no longer around? Wouldn't the band director have asked that the instrument be returned (those ain't cheap)?

I think there are pesky little details in the back story here that might help. We heard mention of a "blow up" at Christmas. We never got any details but for a "blow up" there must have been pressure brewing. Its just the details of that pressure brewing that we have no knowledge of.

Conniehu, please delete the link to the myspace. He is not a person of interest in this case.

06:56:00 AM: Shawn's cell phone stops pinging in Colorado City. 38 miles/41 minutes between Colorado City <> Big Spring. 6:56am + 41 min = 7:37am

07:37:00 AM: Estimated arrival time at Big Spring for Shawn from 6:56am. 6:56am + 41 min = 7:37am

09:38:00 AM: Shawn arrives in Big Spring, where his mother's home is. Shawn makes 11 phone calls. Cell phone starts pinging again in this location.

So I am assuming the most logical reason for this is that he pulled the battery out for 2 hrs. 120 mins - 41 mins = 79 mins SA unaccounted for. He could only have driven half that time in order to get back so had to be within a 39.5 min drive from C City or anywhere in between there and Big Spring. Or could have remained really close to the path between these two and spent more of the 79 mins doing whatever he was doing in this time frame. Unless he passed HD to someone else and that messes up the whole thing :doh:

Okay, teh... Here's where I am about Billie. I personally have a very hard time believing that she could harm her daughter. I find it a little more believable after listening to her more and more - the continuous evasion of direct questions - that she may know what happened.

But what keeps hitting me over the head, time and again, is IF it is true that LE - not MSM - has named her as a POI. Even without that, Sparky has alluded somehow to the idea that he thinks both BD and SA know where Hailey is. (Am I correct?)

My bottom line on Billie's involvement is this: if LE considers her a bonafide POI, then I tend to believe them. I think they know way more about who is involved than they are letting on, although I think they have no idea where H is or exactly what happened.

I still haven't seen where they have named her as a POI, though. It doesn't mean they aren't looking at her but for those of us on the fence (at least myself) it would speak volumes if she really were a POI to LE.

Does anyone have the transcripts of the PC where Sparky indicated that BD or SA would know where she is? Or am I dreaming that? Thanks.

In my opinion, sparky did give a look when ask if SA and BD knew where she was. But he could have been thinking SA did not both or he could have meant both...the look told me he didn't know how to answer the question. JMO

We had that too when my daughter was younger ... youth football / cheerleading leagues. I have no question that they would have been commenting in media, helping our family, etc.. They may not have been like pitbulls (like my DDs coaches and girls now would be) but they still would have done something.

It is just really bothering me that aside from Billie, Clint, Gma (which was mostly pointing the finger at SA) and one teacher (the one with the note from Hailey that she loved her) there is no one commenting on Hailey, who she was, that they want her back, that she was good friend, good kid, etc.

No one seems to be outraged that their best friend, band mate/member, cheer sister, etc. is missing ?????

I made the same observation in the other thread. Have they talked to teachers, friends, counsellors at school. Had she indicated that she was afraid of SA or if anything had occurred in the home? Who was she on the phone with all the time and what were they talking about?

If Hailey quit the band then wouldn't have BD noticed that the saxophone (and case) were no longer around? Wouldn't the band director have asked that the instrument be returned (those ain't cheap)?

I think there are pesky little details in the back story here that might help. We heard mention of a "blow up" at Christmas. We never got any details but for a "blow up" there must have been pressure brewing. Its just the details of that pressure brewing that we have no knowledge of.

We have to buy our instruments or rent them so as long as the payment was made she would still have the instrument. I have no clue if that is how they do it in Texas.

I agree. Someone had mentioned that maybe he was out of range of any tower, but according to the Verizon Wireless coverage map below (from http://www.verizonwireless.com/wireless-coverage-area-map.shtml) , he would have to have driven quite some distance between getting out of range, and his phone would have pinged at other towers, IMHO:

attachment.php

Just to be sure here and double check my "facts' the time you mean there are o pings is from 653 til nine somethings in the am correct?

IF(I would make it bigger if I wasnt so lazy)
That is the times (round about mentioned about) then the time on unpingeding -until there is a ping as him being able to travel 163 miles to and from before there is a ping. I used the exact am pings for the monday morning.

I know I have one in the band about the age of Hailey. It was her first concert and she didn't want to go either. She was nervous. I had to talk her into going. I don't know if thos was Hailey's first concert, if it was she may have been nervous. I don't know about there but here playing an instrument in the band is expensive. We have to buy the instruments and they are not cheap.

There are rental programs in our schools here....if you can't afford to buy you can rent by the month,etc. Still that involves money and I would assume it was hard on BD with band and cheerleading....those are both expensive activities but who knows maybe they have a system in place to help kids who don't have the money?

Conniehu, please delete the link to the myspace. He is not a person of interest in this case.

DONE...sorry just trying to show picture of BD and what how she referred to herself.....not quite the expert that many of ya'll are so thanks for bring to my attention

I think SA went to his mom's house to see if his mask arrived that he ordered 0n 12/7. he uses his mom's address. I also don't believe that we can go by what SA or BD says because they were under the influence so im going by DD's statement that HD was last seen at 9 pm sunday 12/26 ad never seen again......

I'm with you. We have no credible signs of Hailey alive after 9pm Sunday Dec 26, and nobody checking to see where she is until Tues Dec 28. :(

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26459455/detail.html

"Billie Dunn left for work at 6:20 a.m. on Dec. 27, and authorities said her cell phone was also in contact with the same cell tower during the same time period."

But i can't find it in the affidavit, either. I could have sworn it was there...

What is wrong with her leaving for work at 6:20 if she has to be there at 7? Wouldn't that cell tower be in the area of her route to work?

When my son was in the band at that age, the parents had to purchase or rent the instruments. They weren't provided by the school. Wonder if any of the locals know if band instruments are furnished or have to be rented/purchased by the parents?

What is wrong with her leaving for work at 6:20 if she has to be there at 7? Wouldn't that cell tower be in the area of her route to work?

Right ,so my conclusion is that LE is telling us she left her phone at home.

it was in contact with the same tower from the time she left for work. IMO that what I think they are saying.

Ok, I was going to attached an enlarged picture of them sitting on the couch, but I can't attach and photo bucket is too slooow. So, anyone can enlarge it to see better by opening the page: http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331756 then hold down Ctrl and then hitting the += key to the left of backspace. Hit the next one to the left (-) to make it smaller again.

After enlarging she doesn't look unhappy to me.. just her face is turned down a bit and she's sitting back on the couch while S&B are leaning forward. Plus she's kind of smiling..

Btw, Shawn's shirt says "Dimebag Darrel" he was a guitarist for pantera who was shot and killed by a paranoid schizophrenic fan.

Ew, there looks like there's a yellow stain on Shawn's pants.

Actually I never knew you could enlarge a picture in this way and it is extremely helpful and appreciated. Personally, I cannot get past that weird looking arm/hand of Billie's. Looks like a fake arm/hand as it is so short. Yep. I do see that icky stain too. It almost (not sure) looks like Hailey's little face is red on one side too.

Regrouping, trying not to get tunnel visioned on SA and BD.

Runaway or abduction:
Still possible. LE, Clint and volunteers still searching for a live Hailey. Billie continues to appear on NG so Hailey's face is seen by up to 1 million people nationally. Billboards featuring Hailey's face appear along Highway 120.

Hailey harmed/removed from home:
SA is officially the first named suspect. He cannot be ruled out based on what we know now; he has means, motive and opportunity.
1. SA Means: SA has access to Hailey on 12/26 p.m. up until 4 p.m. on 12/27. No one else has seen her since that time. SA has ability to drug or overpower Hailey and get her out of the house late at night, in the morning, or in the daytime - won't take him long to move her once he knows the coast is clear. SA has a vehicle.
2. SA Motive: LE has a record of previous threats by SA against Hailey. Consistent statements made by family and friends that Hailey is afraid of SA and wants to move out of the house. This could be motive for runaway, what we all hope. This could be motive for SA to rid himself of the person who is complaining about him. Possible alternate motive: SA admits to fantasies of killing someone on MM site + SA admits obsession with horror + SA likes to role play horror scenes with masks, knives... Could he have crossed the line between fantasy into reality with Hailey as his victim?
3. SA Opportunity: Hailey is alone in the house when SA is supposed to be at work. He claims he is at mom's house after unexplained departure from work and that his uncle saw him. Cell phone pings indicate otherwise. SA has had opportunity to provide an alibi, but none is given to the public by SA or through BD. SA has a car to transport Hailey.

Billie is not named a POI in public. She is a main player in the case and most visible in MSM. She invited SA into her home and knowingly made a false statement to the public that SA was at work on 12/27. She initially supports SA, but seems to be unsure and distance herself as the investigation continues. Did she have some part in what happened to Hailey or did she not believe SA would harm Hailey and didn't want anyone else to suspect him? Remains to be seen, but LE needs to determine this - could be key in finding Hailey.

Until Hailey is found, SA belongs on the top of the suspect list - he is suspicious and cannot be ruled out. Billie should be a focus of sleuthing as well; she cannot be ruled out as being directly involved or being an accomplice at this time. She was at work 12/27 a.m., but no one other than she and SA have been confirmed to have seen Hailey since 9p.m. on Sunday, 12/26. Did something happen to Hailey when both SA and BD were in the home with Hailey on 12/26? If something happened on 12/27 when BD was at work, does she know about it?

Mind cleared; still open to all possibilities, but not ignoring those that are suspicious and can't be ruled out yet...

Updated timeline with drive times now included. Draft. Please review and provide additions, deletions, feedback, input, insight, sanity, chocolate, and drinks.

Hailey Dunn Timeline

Sun, Dec 26

Unknown: Hailey returns home from an overnight Christmas visit with her dad.

09:00:00 PM: Hailey's brother sees Hailey playing a video game in the living room as he leaves the house. Last reliable sign of life from Hailey.

10:00:00 PM: Billie sees Hailey watching TV in her room.

Mon, Dec 27

Unknown: Billie looks in on Hailey in bed in her room. Is unsure if she's really there.

05:30:00 AM: Shawn leaves for work. 24.9 miles/36 minutes Colorado City <> Snyder. 5:30am + 36 min = 6:06am

06:00:00 AM: Shawn arrives at work, gets a Dr. Pepper, sees supervisor, does not speak to anyone.

06:06:00 AM: Estimated arrival time at work for Shawn. 5:30am + 36 min = 6:06am

06:10:00 AM: Shawn leaves work. 24.9 miles/36 minutes Colorado City <> Snyder. 6:10am + 36 min = 6:46am.

06:20:00 AM: Billie leaves for work, picked up by co-worker. Billie leaves cell phone home for the kids to use.

06:35:00 AM: Shawn returns to Colorado City, where Hailey's home is located.

06:46:00 AM: Estimated arrival time at Colorado City for Shawn from 6:10am. 6:10am + 36 min = 6:46am.

06:56:00 AM: Shawn's cell phone stops pinging in Colorado City. 38 miles/41 minutes between Colorado City <> Big Spring. 6:56am + 41 min = 7:37am

07:37:00 AM: Estimated arrival time at Big Spring for Shawn from 6:56am. 6:56am + 41 min = 7:37am

09:38:00 AM: Shawn arrives in Big Spring, where his mother's home is. Shawn makes 11 phone calls. Cell phone starts pinging again in this location. 12:00:00 PM: Billie claims a man (Charles) who lives with a neighbor (Travis) sees Hailey in yard talking on phone. Mike Board of WOAI claims his station found a woman who saw Hailey in the yard on the phone, but no time is given.

02:40:00 PM: Shawn exits Big Spring. 38 miles/41 minutes between Colorado City <> Big Spring. 2:40pm + 41 min = 3:21pm

03:00:00 PM: Shawn claims to arrive at Hailey's home in Colorado City. Shawn claims Hailey is there, and tells him she is going to her dad's, then to her friend's.

03:15:00 PM: Shawn claims Hailey leaves home, leaving all personal belongings behind. No one sees her walk anywhere on this entire day. Bloodhounds later track Hailey going toward her father's house, toward her friend's house, and toward a hotel.

03:21:00 PM: Estimated arrival time at Colorado City for Shawn. 2:40pm + 41 min = 3:21pm

04:00:00 PM: Brother returns home. Pounds on door for 5 minutes. No one answers. Enters home through a window. Shawn is standing in a hallway with "a deer in the headlights look."

05:09:00 PM: Estimated time Shawn leaves Colorado City in order to pick up Billie at work at 5:45pm. 24.9 miles/36 minutes Colorado City <> Snyder. 5:45pm - 36 min = 5:09pm

05:45:00 PM: Shawn picks up Billie at work.

06:20:00 PM: Billie and Shawn make 2 ATM withdrawals in Snyder, $60 and $80. Billie later voluntarily tells LE that the money was buy illegal narcotics from someone in Scurry County for her and Shawn to use. Later still, Billie claims on national TV to have gotten the money to use for groceries and gas, and that she and Shawn were in Scurry County for only about 15 minutes. 24.9 miles/36 minutes Colorado City <> Snyder. 6:20pm + 15 min = 6:35pm + 36 min = 7:11pm

07:11:00 PM: Estimated arrival time at Colorado City for Shawn and Billie. 6:20pm + 15 min = 6:35pm + 36 min = 7:11pm

07:30:00 PM: Billie and Shawn claim to arrive back home in Colorado City.

07:30:00 PM: Billie and Shawn begin watching movies.

10:00:00 PM: Billie and Shawn go to bed. See 10pm Sun Dec 26 for last time Billie made any effort to determine Hailey's whereabouts or well-being.

Tue, Dec 28

12:00:00 PM: Billie calls Hailey's brother and tells him to text Hailey's friend, and tell her to tell Hailey to come home. Brother texts but unable to contact friend. Brother calls and friend says Hailey never said she was going there, and never came over. This is the first time since Sun Dec 26 at 10pm that Billie has made any effort to determine Hailey's whereabouts or well-being. Billie has a co-worker drive her to Colorado City. She checks several places for Hailey.

02:00:00 PM: Billie reports Hailey missing to LE at the police department.

Note: 24.9 miles/36 minutes Colorado City <> Snyder. 2:00pm - 36 min = 1:24pm. Billie spent somewhere between 24 minutes and an hour and 24 minutes checking places for Hailey before going to LE to report her missing.

Now when they say "NO PHONE USAGE", are we just assuming that means no one called? Or could it also be.....he pulled the battery? We have to remember they liked true crime, they would know about pings. My thinking is...are we just assuming he left the house or could he have still been there just not pinging??????????

Bean's post brought forward and colored and bolded by me respectfully.

Teh, have I told you lately how much I appreciate your posts? If not---consider it done my friend.

What a very good point!

Let me preface by saying that in the last 10 years our pop culture (TV, books etc...) has been focused around crimes and also those that work to solve crimes. Shows like CSI, Law and Order, Dr. G, the list goes on. Shows like NG, JVM, Court TV, etc. This is a thriving and booming buisiness and has a huge following of different interest areas. Heck, I regularly read true crime novels and when I come on the internet, a great deal of my time is spent on this website-Crime/Missing Persons website. Okay now with my thought which I agree with Teh.

We do know that there is an interest in Crime by this couple. My focus is on the last person who admittedly states that they saw the missing person. Usually the last person is the person that more than likely commited a crime when a crime happened.

IMHO given that we are inundated with crime knowledge it wouldn't surprise me one iota if this man knew to take his battery out of his phone. H3ll, I do and I'm a 49 yr old middle aged stay at home mom of 5. LOL

Good point Teh. thanks!

JMHO above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members