• Yes- I gave, and will continue to give until she is found

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • NO- I would, but I can't afford to

Votes: 6 4.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iam sorry you feel, that way

Yoiu know all i wont to do in this case is to try and boil down and get some accurate discussions , some accurate points without letting personal bias or feelings get in the way - almost like an impartial juror or invesigator would .

. . . I get frustrated as much as you do I suppose - I am not being deliberatlley obtuse - but I am certainly not going to back down from stating my point just becaus it doesnt agree with yours
That is fine, although I don't think anyone here is actually impartial, and we don't have to be because we are stating our opinions.

It's unfortunate that we keep quibbling over something no one can prove. Even if they didn't call the media before the cops, by the next morning their personal friends were smearing the police to the British press, and saying how unhappy Kate was with the investigation. That is the only point I needed to know, and that is a fact.

That is fine, although I don't think anyone here is actually impartial, and we don't have to be because we are stating our opinions.

It's unfortunate that we keep quibbling over something no one can prove. Even if they didn't call the media before the cops, by the next morning their personal friends were smearing the police to the British press, and saying how unhappy Kate was with the investigation. That is the only point I needed to know, and that is a fact.

hey Its just debate and animated discussion !

The thing about the friends talking to the press / GMTV the next day . If you can for a minute ( I know you dont believe it ) but for a minute imagine that Maddy was abducted - nothing to do with the parents ( humour me )

I would say that Kate and Gerry would be in an absolute right to do anything possible that they thought was the correct thing or maybe help . If that meant getting as much publicity as possible go for it . Remember the police went home at 3.30 am - maybe they thoiught there wasnt enough being done - they were desperate - in a total panic and grasping at any straw that came along

Everybody who knows anything about abductions says that the first 24 -48 hours are crucial - it is the one time you have when everything is fresh peopel might remember something - Maddy could have been alive and in the vicinity -

I freely admit that the otherside of the coin could be the big conspiracy theory - they had a plan in place to use the media to confuse the issue - to battle with the PJ .

anyway as of today 8 months later we are all still in the dark

Yes, it's useless to discuss this because the media coverage has been worldwide and it hasn't done any good at all, whether she was abducted or not. So the McCanns miscalculated on that one.

However, if my child had been missing, for whatever unknown reason, I would not be sitting in a hotel room making phone calls. I can promise you that. I think it would have been more logical for the parents to go look for their daughter.

Money is the root of all evil.

I would look for a missing child, a campaign is not necessary.

Maddie's face was broadcast all over the world. I can think of other ways of making sure people don't forget about her without taking people's money to pay my mortgage.

Never have....never will.

LOVE of money is the root of all evil.

I would give to a registered Charity. I'm surprised that they didn't divert the money to one. I am staggered that they used it for their mortgage. I am concerned they used it for Metodo 3 - and kept on doing so even when they made ridiculous claims. I am suspicious about what exactly it is paying for now.

I think at this point, the intent is to drain the fund as much as possible so that expenditures are not so widely publicized. Once that is done, and the initial, most controversial monies are spent, they can continue to sell posters, bracelets and t-shirts, collect the money and spend it as they wish.

Charging for the posters - now that is a novel idea. I wonder how many they have sold?

Salem

I think at this point, the intent is to drain the fund as much as possible so that expenditures are not so widely publicized. Once that is done, and the initial, most controversial monies are spent, they can continue to sell posters, bracelets and t-shirts, collect the money and spend it as they wish.

Charging for the posters - now that is a novel idea. I wonder how many they have sold?

Salem

Why would they want to 'drain the fund' - are you hinting that some of this money is being recycled i.e. laundered?

Salem

I think you are exactly right. A big, very public expenditure of funds, well publicized not just with the acts that are paid for, but publicizing the decision to spend the money, the plan to spend the money, etc.--to deflect criticism.

I am confused about who exactly is paying M3. In some places I read that the fund is and then elsewhere that Brian Kennedy, a millionaire friend of the McCanns is paying them. But today I read on another forum that the fund is paying some money to Brian Kennedy who then tops it up if necessary and then pays M3. It all seems a little odd. If I had given to the fund then I would be writing to ask for assurances that the money is being used solely for the search for Madeleine even though it can be legitimately used for family expenses of course.

Anyone got any accurate info on all this?

I found the source its a direct quote of Clarence Mitchell in the Portuguese news paper 24 Horas.

I am confused about who exactly is paying M3. In some places I read that the fund is and then elsewhere that Brian Kennedy, a millionaire friend of the McCanns is paying them. But today I read on another forum that the fund is paying some money to Brian Kennedy who then tops it up if necessary and then pays M3. It all seems a little odd. If I had given to the fund then I would be writing to ask for assurances that the money is being used solely for the search for Madeleine even though it can be legitimately used for family expenses of course.

Anyone got any accurate info on all this?

Huh? News to me. I read M3 was paid by the fund. (though I was not told that by M3 so can't be true) Team McCann folks here say Brian Kennedy is paying for CM. (but unless CM and/or BK told them that personally, it can't be true) It all sounds a little like money laundering if you ask me...

Its here about the fund:

http://www.24horasnewspaper.com/total.php?numero=2747&link=09

but its in Portuguese! In the section with the pinkish background it says that the fund pays 75k Euros to Brian Kennedy each month and he tops it up if necessary. The contract is with him not the fund. So technically both are true. The fund pays and Kennedy pays whichever is the most convenient to say I guess.

75 k Euros is (depending on currency rates) about £52k or maybe 100k dollars I think.

Why such a round about way of paying for private detectives? When it comes to the money, this is one of the weirdest cases I have ever seen.

Salem

Well ... what's the saying? Follow the money! They got Al Capone didn't they.

Well ... what's the saying? Follow the money! They got Al Capone didn't they.

It is a very good point and suggestion Gatinho. Unfortunately it is a very complicated path.

Beyond my capabilities I'm afraid. :(

But, I have heard others are looking....I'll let you know if I hear anything. ;)

I can's see your post from today, Colomom.

Salem

Oh.... I didn't think about that :0

Thanks April!

Salem

No, I would never donate to this fund....especially because of the way money is being spent...How can mortgage repayments be taken out? That is wrong IMO..

I do not trust the McCanns enough to donate...

3084851684_6d5687e5ef.jpg

Day 100 A woman hands over £20 at Susan Healys stall outside Marks and Spencers in Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆