2010.06.13 Kyron's case turns to Criminal investigation-Why?

Bean, here on the case calender it says this: Kyron Horman's stepmother -- who became the most prominent figure in the investigation into the boy's disappearance Friday -- is scheduled to take a second polygraph test Saturday (the 19th), according to a friend.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...lton_horm.html

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1910&day=2010-6-18&c=10

I know, but I think that may actually be the third poly. Sometimes the third is referred to as the second since she didn't actually take the second, but walked out before getting hooked to the machine.

But... there are other indications that the third was on the 26th, so the second could have been the 19th.

I told ya it was complicated lol. I've been driving myself crazy with it.

Bean, do you remember the article where Kaine stated that LE had searched the house and the computer(s)? I remember it sorta because it was kind of confusing the way it was written as LE apparently did not search DY's and TY's house (or something to that effect).

Bean, do you remember the article where Kaine stated that LE had searched the house and the computer(s)? I remember it sorta because it was kind of confusing the way it was written as LE apparently did not search DY's and TY's house (or something to that effect).

I remember the video interview where he talks about it and Desiree says they haven't needed to search her house.

I can't remember the interview date though. My next project is to collect all the parent interviews and statements and then after they're all together in a thread (I've got one set up in the reference forum), I'm going to put them in a list that's ordered by date and has notes on what's in each video/article. It's just gotten too hard to find them, especially the video interviews.

And since I'm already off topic here :) I'd appreciate anyone coming across a parent interview in an article or video to throw the link into the parent/stepparent interview thread in the reference forum. Even just the URL would be helpful.

Thank you for your hard work, Bean. I've really enjoyed the case review(s). I'll do my best to help you out with the interviews.

Since DeDe's X BF Jason Wishert and family are involved in the Mexican orphange,
could this be where they handed KYRON off?
Could this be info DeDe would know?
and why DY and KH have hopes of getting KYRON back soon????
http://www.friendsofpimpollo.org/
Just brain storming.........

The article came out July 9, not June 9. (So, after the RO, after Terri's friend spilled the beans about the failed polygraphs.)

I don't recall any of Terri's friends saying that Terri failed any polys. I do recall Jaymie Finster saying Terri was going to take a 2nd poly.

Which friend said Terri failed a poly?

I don't ordinarily link to the Examiner, because it's a paid blog, and too frequently has inaccuracies. However, this is an interview with Lt. Mary L. of MCSO, and directly quotes her, so rates a bit higher on the credibility scale with me. :)

Whereas you'll see that most questions got a 'no comment' from Lt. Mary, this one got an answer from her.

Question: What events occurred to label the case a criminal case?

Lt. Lindstrand: It was the natural progression of the case.

http://www.examiner.com/headlines-i...-office-urges-people-to-return-questionnaires

Since DeDe's X BF Jason Wishert and family are involved in the Mexican orphange, could this be where they handed KYRON off? Could this be info DeDe would know? and why DY and KH have hopes of getting KYRON back soon????
http://www.friendsofpimpollo.org/
Just brain storming.........

I read about JW's child-advocacy activities and this Mexican orphanage when the info about this guy first emerged. I figured that, by the time we were hearing about JW, LE had already investigated these entities and found no connection to Kyron.

I have to say, though, that the name of the Mexican town - Pimpollo - didn't sound quite right to me...if you get my drift ;)

According to Jamie in the Oregon Live, TMH was scheduled to take another polygraph on June 19th. (Saturday)

Now, I do not know if this is TMH actual 2cnd poly or 3rd as she walked out of one them and it took the family at least 9 or 10 days to agree to take a poly.

Hope this helps someone, cuz my head is spinning.

The article came out July 9, not June 9. (So, after the RO, after Terri's friend spilled the beans about the failed polygraphs.)

Sorry, my bad. I'm not having such a good morning, just one of those days, exploding light bulbs, broken vases, you get the picture. I'll go way now. (tucks tail)

I remember the video interview where he talks about it and Desiree says they haven't needed to search her house.

I can't remember the interview date though.

Apologies for quoting myself. I found the interview by accident. :)

From KPTV's transcript. Link to video on the same page as link below.

Reporter: Detectives have told us many times that in this case they're leaving no stone unturned. Have they searched your homes, your cars and your property?

Desiree Young: They haven't needed to search our house as of yet. But they're welcome to. Anything that they need to do, we're definitely letting them do.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24037975/detail.html

http://www.kptv.com/news/24037975/detail.html

Reporter: Kaine, can you talk about your property?

Kaine Horman: Yeah, they've been down to search many times and they're welcome to search many more times. Whatever it takes to find him.

Reporter: Actually in the house, as well?

Kaine Horman: Yes.

~~~~~

I'm doing my afternoon thinkin'. This is from June 25, 2010. Well, well, wait just one minute....this is the day before Kaine moves out. See this part:

~~~~~

Reporter: Also, in an unusual move, they put out this flier to anyone associated with Kyron's school. They put Terri's pictures and pictures of the white truck on it. What was your reaction when that happened? What was Terri's reaction?

Kaine Horman: I can't speak to Terri's reaction, but my reaction to it -- photos of the things that were last seen associated with him that day. Through the process we've gone through, we've been asked the same question dozens of times. In a lot of cases, when you change the frame of reference, you think of new things and new angles that you haven't thought of before. From my perspective, issuing that questionnaire is just another way to get another angle or perspective from people who were at the school that day -- and hopefully, more data points and leads that perhaps they didn't think of the first time through when they were interviewed by the detectives and investigators at the school. I actually view it as a very positive step.

Reporter: Police have said they don't have any suspects yet or persons of interest. Did you feel like that flier being out with your wife's pictures on it painted her as a suspect at all?

Kaine Horman: No. She was one of the last people who saw him that day. It just helped associate things that were seen along with him on that particular day, so no.

~~~~~

BBM - Hmm...That's kind of contradictory.

How long does it take for the FBI to do computer forensics? Does anyone know from previous cases? The FBI was called in immediately and IIRC, the BAU was called in on the 9th.

~~~~~

http://www.kxl.com/EXCLUSIVE-AUDIO--Landscaper-Acted-on-Lead-From-Ter/7620648

This call-in was on July 5, 2010. So, apparently, this landscaper was contacted by LE ?the week prior? to the July 4, 2010, weekend. So, end of June, perhaps before the flier and the presser and the failed sting?

Sorry, my bad. I'm not having such a good morning, just one of those days, exploding light bulbs, broken vases, you get the picture. I'll go way now. (tucks tail)

I could have made that mistake on a normal morning! Well, it would have sure been interesting if we had found that quote coming out on June 9.
Don't go away!

I don't recall any of Terri's friends saying that Terri failed any polys. I do recall Jaymie Finster saying Terri was going to take a 2nd poly.

Which friend said Terri failed a poly?

You're right, JF didn't say Terri failed a poly. However, she did say of Terri, "She's exhausted. She said I don't understand why they keep asking me stuff. They want me to take the polygraph again. It doesn't make sense because I didn't do anything." http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/friend_says_terry_moulton_horm.html

I choose to interpret that as she failed the first one, as I don't see them asking people to pass repeatedly. However, I see that there is wiggle room for someone to interpret that as Terri passing a polygraph and yet being asked to take another one

Before this interview with JF, the public knew nothing of polygraphs being taken by any members of the family. (And the post I was responding to mistakenly had the information that Desiree was talking about Terri failing a polygraph as early as June 9, so the point was that the polygraph information first came from JF not Desiree.)

Okay...whoo. I want to get this straight.

The flier with TH went out on Friday, June 18, 2010.

The second poly was scheduled for June 19, 2010.

The interview with Kaine and Desiree sans Terri was on June 25, 2010 (which was the day before Kaine moved out).

The sting was on June 26, 2010 and Kaine moved out with baby K.

DeDe started staying with TH on June 28, 2010.

TH hires an attorney on June 30, 2010.

The call-in interview with the ancillary landscaper from ServiceMagic was on July 5, 2010.

The last poly reported failure by Finster was on July 9, 2010.

Okay...whoo. I want to get this straight.

The flier with TH went out on Friday, June 18, 2010.

The second poly was scheduled for June 19, 2010.

The interview with Kaine and Desiree sans Terri was on June 25, 2010 (which was the day before Kaine moved out).

The sting was on June 26, 2010 and Kaine moved out with baby K.

DeDe started staying with TH on June 28, 2010.

TH hires an attorney on June 30, 2010.

The call-in interview with the ancillary landscaper from ServiceMagic was on July 5, 2010.

The last poly reported failure by Finster was on July 9, 2010.

The poly on the 19th may have been the third poly.

Finster didn't report any poly failures, only that Terri was taking another one.

You could add M Cook on the 30th starting the sexting. :)

But I thought we were looking at the timeframe prior to June 13?

The poly on the 19th may have been the third poly.

Finster didn't report any poly failures, only that Terri was taking another one.

You could add M Cook on the 30th starting the sexting. :)

But I thought we were looking at the timeframe prior to June 13?

LOL! We were, and then my brain went haywire with the dates. I like to see the facts/dates as they are. MC is a good one to add too, along with when mom and dad moved in. I need to go back and refer to the reference forum and add/glean stuff from there. It is chock full of factual goodness. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back