**Verdict watch weekend discussion thread** 3/3-4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
That hokey alibi call to the home VM at 7:49AM after he killed her should be soooo obvious. Thanks Collins, for playing it twice to the jury. "Regular ole Jason", LOL.

He rattled off about 4-5 details in his plans, yet he never said 'give me a call back' cause i'm on the road a while? If I was a juror, I would point at that call as obvious pure BS.

I was thinking the same thing, too much detail for me!!!

What mileage did Collins use in his calculations? I thought it is close to 20, just a little under.

I paid little attention to his spin and that silly map he used. Most of his included mountain driving and therefore was not applicable to the trip in question.

I am seriously trying to figure out how something is missing when it was not requested for over a year later?

It reminds me of LE not comparing their own fingerprints to rule them out as being the contributors. Truly scratching my head over that one. I mean they had 5 years to do so...

LE seized his SUV the night JY arrived at MF and the shirt was not in car or luggage. MF testified to what he had on when he arrived at her house and PY testified to what JY had on when he arrived at her home in Brevard. But we know he had the dark blue shirt/sweater on at the HI. So, where did it go?

I know what the ME said, but I also know what the FBI agent said.. He said the killer would have marks on him EVEN if he wore gloves...

I don't recall this testimony from FBI agent. Can anyone point me to this? I would like to hear that part again. Thats interesting.

Moo

I read an article in a magazine today about Katie Haught's story, and I thought instantly of the dangers of using a child's words as "proof" of guilt after a traumatic event. In that case, she was 5 years old, and mentioned her Daddy when the police asked her what happened. He was released last year after being imprisoned since the mid 90's. Katie stated that the man said his name was daddy, and that she never thought it was her father, but didn't know how to tell anyone that, at 5 years old. A judge overturned the case, finding that no reasonable jury could have found guilt on the facts of that case.

I don't recall this testimony from FBI agent. Can anyone point me to this? I would like to hear that part again. Thats interesting.

Moo

Elisaa, there is no such testimony.

<modsnip>:waitasec:

I know what the ME said, but I also know what the FBI agent said.. He said the killer would have marks on him EVEN if he wore gloves...
Wouldn't that depend on the thickness and material of the gloves?

Moo

There was no testimony, but a FBI who was commenting on the case said a person would have marks on his hands even if he used gloves...

I have to admit mine would look much worse. Thank goodness anyone that knows me knows I keep up with true crime and have for decades. Whew! I have searched all sorts of graphic topics.

IMO

me and you both, I have worked for LE and on slow nites I would read some of the old case files. My bf ask me all the time who u reading about now!!

I am pretty sure that Collins never said it was possible to get back to King at roughly 20 mpg. I will have to look at it again. I know Cummings made that comment without showing how. The highest mpg showing for highway driving on a 2004 Explorer is 20 mpg.

I am afraid he did!!

I am very aware of the facts of this case.

That is why I have some very serious concerns regarding the investigation.

As well I hope that someone does order a forensic audit of CY's trust account.

Linda filed the WDS and claimed the life insurance as Executrix of Michelle's estate, not as Michelle's mother- She was acting in a fiduciary capacity, not as an individual. In that case, any legal fees, administrative costs or court costs are paid from estate funds.

Also, I'm not aware of any "trust account" for Cassidy. Michelle's will doesn't create a trust for her. If Jason predeceases her (and that's the legal result of the WDS), the will simply leaves her estate to her children. Whatever funds are in the estate are likely held in a guardianship account for Cassidy, since she's a minor, and that guardianship account is subject to the Clerk of Court's supervision. All expenditures have to be approved by the Clerk.

So the FBI is just lying???

First of all, we have no idea what the "FBI" said and in what context.
If the guy said JLY would have scratch marks on his leather gloved hands from the ME evidence, yes, I would say he is lying.

Regarding the missing shirt, it wasn't in his suitcase, the Youngs said nothing was taken out of the suitcase, and he wasn't wearing it the night of 11/3.

When he goes to the trouble of pretending the shirt he's wearing on Cassidy's 3rd birthday is the same one he wore at midnight on Nov. 3rd at the hotel, something is very suspicious. Only a guilty person would have done that.

Yep. "Consciousness of guilt" -- you got it, LO!

First of all, we have no idea what the "FBI" said and in what context.
If the guy said JLY would have scratch marks on his leather gloved hands from the ME evidence, yes, I would say he is lying.

Who is WE... I heard it a long with others..... He said exactly what I typed... <modsnip>...

IMO, I think he wore the gloves at first but when he started beating her 30 plus times it was hard to grip that weapon and he took them off to finish.

Is there a link with a time stamp for that?

Well, I don't have a link, but I have a recap of the testimony.

Mileage + gas- 359.19 miles divided by burlington purchase. 19.47 mpg.
Explorer holds 22.5 gals. Handee -HI - back to Birchleaf - King 458.90 miles divided by 22.5 = 20.3 miles per gal. Duffield to Brevard mountainous. Raleigh- Hillsville open highway, early morning, minimal traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member