CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this post. bbm, So now the dive team members are experts on SAR dogs, bloodhounds? wow jmo

I don't think that are saying the NM Dive Team are dog experts, they are experts at diving and using sonar to search in deep water. The spots were marked, they dove in 25 minute increments to limit their time in the frigid water, risking high C02 levels and a body wasn't found.
http://www.nmsp.dps.state.nm.us/index.php/search-dive-team-cont/

ETA: They donated their time/service and also brought along a helicopter for use in the search for Dylan.

Then maybe the dive team should be reported as saying "We are confident that if there is a body down there, we would have found it" ... not, "We are confident the dogs are wrong..."

Both, of course, can be wrong .... probably poor wording in the article .. *imagine that*
JMHO ..

LE knows. They know they are being mislead...or evidence has been planted. I just have that deep down feeling.

And they are making their suspicious person feel fairly safe...or they have done so up to this point. Maybe he is giving them tips and clues without realizing it. But these officers are not dumbos.

Hey All, I've been away awhile. One thing bothering me in all of these posts is this ' 4 hours of errands' dad ran. A lot of folks seem to think this is unusual or too much time. I live in a fairly isolated rural place, similar to the dad's house. Four hours is not a ton of time when you think that it takes 30 min to get to the town where errands can be run and another 30 to get back. That's 1 hr of time wasted right there. With it being holiday week he could have had many things to do, shopping, banking, post office. Perhaps with a week or several days off of work, he had to tidy up some work loose ends as well, dropping off files or papers related to being away from work for the week. So I don't find four hours of errands that HUGE an amount of time. Stop at a starbucks or a mcdonalds for lunch and you're wasted easily 4 hours.

That being said, I'm suspicious of dad for other reasons, just not the 4 hours !

I was thinking before that for the judge to grant full custody to mom it must have been because dad had done something bad or wrong, but is it possible it was only to accommodate mom's move further away ? To make it easier since they were no longer living close enough for weekend visits?

As for the possibility of dad doing something to relieve himself of child support, I do not know if that makes sense since the court proceedings to 'grant ' him the holiday visit likely cost a lot. Child custody cases are very expensive. Anyone wanting to reduce child support would not go to court for minor things when they are going to cost 2 or 300$ per hour for an attorney to handle those for you.
Just some observations.. Thoughts?

Maybe I missed it, but can someone tell me is this the first court ordered visit to Dylan's Dad since the divorce in 2007? Are the other children of age now and don't go see their Dad?

I'm not sure of the brother's age, but he is older than Dylan, and to me at least looks over 18.

I'm also not sure of visits, but I'm wondering how close he might be to dad given that Dad wasnt answering brother's calls either. :rolleyes:

Authorities call off search for Dylan Redwine, investigation continues

http://kdvr.com/2012/11/27/authorities-call-off-search-for-dylan-redwine-investigation-continues/

Mark, was the last to see him at 7:30 a.m. on Nov. 19. They were near a local reservoir, but police insist he is not a suspect.

<snipped>

&#8220;We haven&#8217;t identified anyone as a suspect at this point,&#8221; La Plata County Sheriff&#8217;s spokesperson Dan Bender said. &#8220;But the investigation is looking at a possible abduction or the possibility of a runaway&#8221;

<snipped>

Dylan&#8217;s mom, in an interview with Good Morning America, claimed her ex-husband is irresponsible. Mark tells us it&#8217;s not true, but says it&#8217;s not worth talking about on camera

Working on a new thread, will be closing this one in a few...

Ima

Then maybe the dive team should be reported as saying "We are confident that if there is a body down there, we would have found it" ... not, "We are confident the dogs are wrong..."

Both, of course, can be wrong .... probably poor wording in the article .. *imagine that*
JMHO ..

What would you call it if you dove in the areas marked, used sonar and nothing was found? Were the dogs correct? :dunno:

Has the father come out in all of this, to be photographed? I want to see him. If he did do lots of "business" while in town then there will be a paper trail with time stamps to show where and when he was there, maybe on camera too since there everywhere now. jmo

Last person to see Dylan was dad.
Last time of contact with friends was around 8 pm.

No answering of any friend's or family's calls or texts after that.

Dad's comments unusual.
Mom's comments revealing.
Dad won't respond to mom or older son with info.

You would have to be blind not to see where this is going.

Get the crow ready, I might have to eat 'em....but I'm feeling pretty safe at this point.

Shef, I really, really like you but I hope you have to eat crow this time. I am so hoping that Dylan's father had nothing to do with his disappearance. I will admit that it looks likely though. His (alleged) refusal to communicate with his ex combined with the need to bring scent items from Mom's doesn't look good for him but I'm going to hold out for a little longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121126/NEWS01/121129702/-1/news
This article also said they didn't have scent items available at first. I don't know what the bloodhounds were using, or if the articles are wrong.

Members of La Plata County Search & Rescue team using bloodhounds searched for the teen Monday night and Tuesday. The search area included the shoreline around Vallecito Lake, several small subdivisions, county roads, steep wooded hillsides and hiking trails. Many of the homes in the area are seasonal while some are occupied year around.
http://www.laplatasar.org/www/

Bloodhounds need something to scent on.

What would you call it if you dove in the areas marked, used sonar and nothing was found? Were the dogs correct? :dunno:

If I dove? Then I would say "I didn't find anything" ... not "The dogs are wrong" ...

Bodies have surfaced after dive teams searched. We don't know who was "wrong" here. Only that nothing was found.

It's all in the words, Ransom. I'm not arguing with you.

:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members