GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it happened according to this article (about 1/2 way down):

http://knoxpages.com/?NewsID=8187&CatID=1

ETA:
"A Centerburg man, upset by news of the slayings, called 9-1-1 to report that he had slapped his wife during an argument.

When a Knox County sheriff’s deputy arrived to investigate, Donald Lamb allegedly confessed that he never struck his wife but wanted to get himself put in jail.

Lamb asked that he be put in the same cell as Matthew Hoffman.

Hoffman, 30, is the prime suspect in the slayings and is currently jailed on a charge of kidnapping Sarah Maynard. He has been segregated from other inmates on a suicide watch.

Lamb, 50, was jailed on a first-degree misdemeanor count of using 9-1-1 to report a false crime. He posted $2,500 bail and pleaded not guilty this morning in Mount Vernon Municipal Court.

Assistant Mount Vernon City Prosecutor Robert Broeren recognizes that there are strong emotions surrounding the case against Hoffman, but said using 9-1-1 or any other emergency system as an act of personal vengeance is intolerable.

“He (Lamb) used a call that he knew was false to bring an officer there just so that he could possibly go and attempt to get his own form of justice against Mr. Hoffman for what he believes Mr. Hoffman may have done, but for which Mr. Hoffman has not yet been convicted,” said Broeren.

The case will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

“We need to make it clear that you cannot use these systems, the 9-1-1 or any other emergency system to exact your own personal vengeance,” he said. “If Mr. Lamb chooses not to change his plea, we will try this case to its ultimate conclusion.”
Unacceptable.

This is SO far beyond the trolls on the family FB sites (which is unacceptable enough).

What a world.

BBM and red too.

I tried to find an article that talked about Hoffman telling his mom anything about Sarah ... no luck.

<modsnip>

I haven't found any articles either, but it makes sense to me that MH's mother - who was practically a neighbor to Sarah and her family, would have contacted her son and discussed the case. What an interesting conversation that would have been. I applaud his Mom if she participated in the rescue of Sarah and MH's arrest!!!

Now that's something new to think about... I really feel that someone tipped them off. I was leaning towards the ex-GF, thinking that maybe he contacted her to taunt her, brag, whatever. Never for one second did I consider his mother. I'm sure it will eventually come out how they knew she was there, but it may be part of the investigation - or maybe they promised the individual that they would not reveal their participation unless/until absolutely necessary.

Unacceptable.

This is SO far beyond the trolls on the family FB sites (which is unacceptable enough).

What a world.

Agreed. As a child, I knew someone who was killed as the result of a false 911 call. The fire truck ran a light trying to get to the "fire" and hit someone from my hometown who was going through the light and didn't hear the sirens. :(

You don't fool around with 911.

Great Post :) that is close to the age of my son who shows the same traits, plus my son is obsessed with death and fire. No one seems alarmed, he's been in residential treatment, on so many medications, sees a therapist twice sometimes 3 times a week etc etc.. I love my child with all my heart, but I'm half temped to look into the legalities of having his dna stored while he's still a minor and I have that legal right. I'm not blind to the signs. His therapist and psychiatrist laughed when I told them about the dna thing. But i'm not kidding.

http://www.dog-breeds-list.com/dog-breeds/178/miniature-pinscher, so sorry...I can relate...my son got up in the middle of the night and stole all our credit cards and all the cash we had around here. He bought a flight to Dallas to Mexico and we couldn't find him for 10 years...I tracked him with our credit cards but they said they do not press charges for family members. We told then where he was and we even contacted the Mexican embassy and they called me one day when I was at work and said that a body washed ashore and we needed to come make an ID.UNFORTUNATELY....his name is the same as my husband's but with JR. on it. He got really good signing hubby'd siggy. The body wasn't his but I broke down and was in bad shape for a while. My point being, If they are alive...there is ALWAYS hope.

I hope Sarah is close to her dad...and am sad that she can't even have the comfort of the family pet at this tragic time...

I can't remember too many killers who also killed a pet in such a way, so as to remove it to a remote locale with the victims. Generally, if an animal is killed, it is just to get past a barking, threatening dog. This guy is a special kind of sick freak, IMO.
Bear with me.

Maybe in a very psychotic and twisted way that he could not express any other way, he killed them, and then tried to keep them together, because he never had a family like the one he wished he had, and he coveted Tina's and Stephanie's families. Maybe he wanted a dog (as a kid) and wasn't allowed to have one.

For all we know, he was abused as a kid (not making accusations).

Maybe he just was not equipped to deal with emotion and life's hard knocks.

I am not making excuses for what he did to these people and animals, families and friends.

There is something missing in him...impulse control and ability to not do what one knows is wrong/immoral.

It's not "just" mental illness because there is very clear premeditation.

Surely Evil. But that's a whole 'nother topic.

Great post, but I disagree that "lights on" meant that MH was in the house. Lots of people leave lights on when they're not home (or forget to turn them off).
(RSBM) (snip)

Thanks, but I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I didn't mean that MH was necessarily in the house the whole time - only that someone turned those lights on on Wednesday after it had gotten dark and this is why I think it was MH:
  • When the kids returned from school at around 3:45 - 4:00 pm, it was still light out.
  • Since Sarah said she never saw SS that day, I have to assume that either SS was already deceased somewhere in the house, or that she hadn't arrived yet.
  • Sunset that night was at 5:18 pm.
  • SS should have arrived at the house long before then.
  • But Sarah said she never saw her.
So, I have to conclude that by the time it was dark enough to turn on the lights (5:18 pm), Sarah was already locked up elsewhere in the house and the others already deceased.
Therefore, it had to have been MH who turned on the lights to finish the horrible deed.
He could have left the house anytime after dark, but left the lights on.

If there are any flaws in this theory, please point them out. I'm just trying to make sense of this.

JMO

Snapdragon -
That's what gets to me even more than the tree, if that's not horriffic enough, is the tub filling draining and refilling, and hearing the saw.

I do not even have words to express how terrible I feel for this poor child. It makes me sick to my stomach, it hurts to type it.

I feel so sorry for Sarah..............I'm sure she's been terribly traumatized. :frown:

Prostrate for sure, possibly colon and pancreas and it agressive

(((Sooner)))

Seems like everyone in my family dies of cancer. Fiance too.

I was diagnosed by a PET scan 4 yrs ago of extensive aggressive lymphoma, then the biopsy said no; was either a misdiagnosis or a miracle. They happen.

Knox Count Mourns video on the left scroll
http://www.10tv.com/live/content/video/10tv.html

The families were told when the bodies were found, they were NOT intact.

He did dismember them! The monster!

:(

OMG! I was so hoping this would turn out to be another unfounded rumour. This is horrible news! We can only hope that Sarah wasn't fully aware of what was going on. It's possible he did this after he removed her from the house, or that she was so traumatized that she couldn't make sense of any noises she may have heard. Of course, now she will know, unfortunately.

(Sorry to include this personal note, but has anyone else been having a problem opening some of the links posted today? I have to c & p most of them because just clicking doesn't work. Is it just me? TIA)

R.I.P.
Kody, Tina, & Stephanie​

Thanks, but I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I didn't mean that MH was necessarily in the house the whole time - only that someone turned those lights on on Wednesday after it had gotten dark and this is why I think it was MH:
  • When the kids returned from school at around 3:45 - 4:00 pm, it was still light out.
  • Since Sarah said she never saw SS that day, I have to assume that either SS was already deceased somewhere in the house, or that she hadn't arrived yet.
  • Sunset that night was at 5:18 pm.
  • SS should have arrived at the house long before then.
  • But Sarah said she never saw her.
So, I have to conclude that by the time it was dark enough to turn on the lights (5:18 pm), Sarah was already locked up elsewhere in the house and the others already deceased.
Therefore, it had to have been MH who turned on the lights to finish the horrible deed.
He could have left the house anytime after dark, but left the lights on.

If there are any flaws in this theory, please point them out. I'm just trying to make sense of this.

JMO
I concur. I thought you jumped to a conclusion. :)

There is no sense to this. It should not have happened, period.

At the moment, I am in the anger phase. :)

Struggling with spirituality and morality and compassion, even for the one who did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member