NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting the dog wakes him up for the fire but not for someone supposedly abducting his daughter. Also, if I understand him he's trying to say the fire was lit as a distraction so someone could keep them occupied while the abduction is taking place. None of his story adds up.

Yes she was taken right under the fire department's nose. :crazy:

The 911 operator tells someone else to listen to this or something....what does she say? I can't quite make it out.

Well there goes my theory that he thought family had her. Although he did call them and they didn't so ? ?

Several things ... he still seems to "believe" the random letter was left by "someone". Didn't he see it when the fire was started? If he saw it wouldn't he know it was EB's writing? At what point did she admit that she wrote it ?

I was totally for AB being innocent .... but this 911 call has me sitting on the fence now. I still am not sure he knew exactly what was going on. I think he bought everything that ever came out of EB's mouth. I wouldn't doubt before hand she prompted him "make sure you tell them about the fire, and the ransom note!" so that's what he focused on ?

If you go to that 911 evaluation link and go statement by statement... there are like 8 statements with examples on there that are close to what AB was saying. Half would indicate he's innocent and half would indicate he's guilty going by their evaluation. :waitasec::waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

I believe that some people are being thrown off due to his Australian accent. Put an American southern drawl on him and people would have no doubt. I've said it a couple of times, don't let the accent fool you.

not happy hearing this call. he sounds like he's reporting a window was broken by kids playing ball. in fact I'd put money on him sounding more concerned if it were a broken window..

PART 1

AB: Um yeah my daughter is missing.

D: I'm sorry? Missing?

AB: Yes Ma'am

D: Ok what's your address?

AB: *gives address* The police were out here last night for a fire and a ransom note for my bosses daughter and *garbled* it appears they took my daughter instead of my bosses daughter

D: OK. How old is your daughter?

AB: She's ten. She's handicapped she has a prosthetic leg.

D: How long has she been missing?

AB: Um, we checked in there last night about 2:30 and she was there and all this happened about 5 o'clock so I don't know if they set a fire in the yard to distract us to go out and they snuck in the door or, I don't know.

D: OK. I'm not familiar with what happened last night. What happened last night?

AB: Last night my dog woke me up and I had a fire in the back yard and somebody had poured gas in my company vehicle that I drive for work. They left a ransom note on the company vehicle to my boss saying they had his daughter and his son was next. And his daughter is fine, his daughter came with him here last night when I called him. And it appears they may have taken my daughter instead of his daughter.

PART 2

D: OK. Do you know who this was (referring to kidnappers) that may have taken her?

AB: No Ma'am.

D: Do you have any idea why they were threatening to take his daughter?

AB: I don't know.

D: What's your name?

AB: My name is

D: And your phone number?

AB: #

D: No one has seen your daughter since 2:30 this morning?

AB: No, like I said we had all that drama last night and me and my wife went back to bed. And my daughter is I think coming into puberty so she's hitting that broody stage *insert nervous laughter* so we only see her when she comes out when she wants something and that's about it.

D: Did you say that she was handicapped?

AB: Yes Ma'am she has an above the knee amputation.

D: She has one leg that is partially amputated?

AB: Yes, she has a prosthetic leg which apparently they've taken with her.

D: OK. You don't have any idea, at all?

D: No like I said it was all addressed to him and it was all taken out on him and I guess they thought he (garbled).

D: Did you talk to your boss about it?

AB: I've just spoken to him and he told me to do, he's gonna be here shortly

D: Do you think that he knows?

AB: Um, we had an officer out here last night and he ran through who he thought it may have been, like an ex employee or something

D: confirm address & tell him to call if he finds anything out prior to officers arrival

Yes she was taken right under the fire department's nose. :crazy:

LOL...exactly, and I dont know about NC, but everywhere Ive ever lived at least one police unit shows up at a fire call......so they must be the bravest kidnappers in the world!

That statement just seems so...left field. Is there even proof they were still using that website? People meet in virtual worlds, online all the time. Not all of them are bad people. Also, the goth comments:

NC NC - Zahra Claire Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 10 - Page 13 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

That's why I was wondering if the computer(s) had been checked thoroughly. We all probably know a lot of people who met online and they are quite lovely people. It's the ones who don't stop the virtual reality when REAL reality takes hole that concern me. Being addicted to online gaming has resulted in the deaths of children before...either through neglect or abuse coming from being annoyed at outside interruption (feeding kids can be soooo time consuming).

That's where I was coming from when wondering about gaming around the time she went missing. Was EB up all night, and most of the day, taking naps on the keyboard, playing in a virtual world while that dear child languished and died in the real one? Did Zahra ask to be fed and get beaten for disrupting the game?

sorry if this seems rushed. We're dashing out the door but I wanted to throw this out there before the thought died of loneliness in my skull. ;)
Just thinking things over....and jmo, of course.

This was on the Love for Zahra site.........

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=124056834314060&topic=84

DISPATCHER: 911 what is your emergency?

ADAM BAKER: Ah.. yeah my daughter is missing.

DISPATCHER: I'm sorry? Your daughter…

ADAM BAKER: My daughter is missing.

DISPATCHER: Your daughter is missing.

DISPATCHER: What is your address?

ADAM BAKER: 21 21st Ave. Northwest.

ADAM BAKER: The police were out here last night. They found a ransom note for my bosses daughter… um… I got up a little while ago… and it appears they took my daughter instead of my bosses daughter.

DISPATCHER: How old is your daughter?

ADAM BAKER: She is 10. She's handicapped.. she has a prosthetic leg… so that…

DISPATCHER: How long has seen been missing?

ADAM BAKER: Ummm. We checked in there last night about 2:30 and she was there... and all this happened last night around 5 ...so I don't know if they set a fire in the yard to distract us to go out and then they snuck in the door... or.. I don't know.

DISPATCHER: I am not familiar with what happened last night... what happened last night?

ADAM BAKER: OK. Last night...we woke up.. my dog woke me up and I had a fire in the back yard and somebody had poured gas in my company vehicle I drive to work. They left a ransom note on my company vehicle to my boss saying they had his daughter and his son was next.

ADAM BAKER: And his daughter is fine. His daughter came with him last night when I called him. And uh, It appears they may have taken my daughter instead of his daughter.

DISPATCHER: OK, Do you know who this was?

ADAM BAKER: I don't know who... No... no ma'am..

DISPATCHER: Do you know any idea why they were threatening to take his daughter?

ADAM BAKER: I don't know.

DISPATCHER: What is your name?

ADAM BAKER: My name is Adam Baker.

DISPATCHER: Phone number?

ADAM BAKER: 962-xxxx

DISPATCHER: OK, so.. No one has seen your daughter since 2:30 this morning...? [It is now after 2 pm that day]

ADAM BAKER: No.. like I said we, uh, had all that drama last night and we... me and my wife went back to bed. And my daughter is I think's coming into puberty.. cause she is hitting that brooding stage (laughter) so we only see her when she comes out when she wants something. And that's about it.

DISPATCHER: And you say she is handicapped..?

ADAM BAKER: Yes ma'am.. she has an above the knee amputation.

DISPATCHER: OK, she has one leg and it is partially amputated?

ADAM BAKER: Yes, she has a prosthetic leg that they apparently have taken with them.

DISPATCHER: So... Prosthetic leg was taken with her?

ADAM BAKER: Yes ma'am..

DISPATCHER: OK. And you don't have any idea at all...

ADAM BAKER: Like I said it was it was all addressed to him and it was all taken out on him and.. I guess.. they thought he lived in this house...

DISPATCHER: OK.. ok.. did you talk to your boss about it?

ADAM BAKER: Um... I have just spoken to him and he umm told me to do... and he's going to be here shortly....

DISPATCHER: OK.. do you think that he knows?

ADAM BAKER: Umm.. we had an officer out here last night and he ran through who he thought it may have been like an ex-employee or something..

DISPATCHER: OK and you said 21 25th Ave. Northwest?

ADAM BAKER: 21 21st Ave.

DISPATCHER: OK.. 21 21st ave.

DISPATCHER: OK.. Hold on just a sec.

ADAM BAKER: OK. Thank you

[Silence...]

DISPATCHER: OK... I see it now. I wasn't finding the call.. OK.

ADAM BAKER: It was officer .. [unintelligible]

DISPATCHER: Ok, we are getting the police out there.. if you find out anything at all in the meantime before we get the officer out there call me back and it would help us as far as finding your daughter.

ADAM BAKER: Ok. Thank you ma'am

not happy hearing this call. he sounds like he's reporting a window was broken by kids playing ball. in fact I'd put money on him sounding more concerned if it were a broken window..

I think we'd have to know what his usual demeanor is to make comment on his calmness. We've been saying that about his interviews too. Maybe that's just him. They say opposites attract. I would think this would be a complete opposite to EB's usual demeanor.

I think it's more about what he's saying and the inconsistencies and things that don't make sense than how he's saying it.

MOO

I'm thinking that fire could have been lit under AB's arse and he wouldn't have reacted any more strongly.

I think this 911 call confirmed one thing to me..... AB has some form of Asperger's or HFA .

http://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/tc/aspergers-syndrome-symptoms

* Not pick up on social cues and may lack inborn social skills, such as being able to read others' body language, start or maintain a conversation, and take turns talking.
* Dislike any changes in routines.
* Appear to lack empathy.
* Be unable to recognize subtle differences in speech tone, pitch, and accent that alter the meaning of others’ speech. Thus, (they) may not understand a joke or may take a sarcastic comment literally. Likewise, his or her speech may be flat and difficult to understand because it lacks tone, pitch, and accent.
* Have a formal style of speaking .....
* Avoid eye contact or stare at others......
* Have unusual facial expressions or postures.
* Be preoccupied with only one interest...... overly interested in parts of a whole or in unusual activities...... (virtual worlds !!!)
* ..... One-sided conversations are common. Internal thoughts are often verbalized.

PART 2

D: OK. Do you know who this was (referring to kidnappers) that may have taken her?

AB: No Ma'am.

D: Do you have any idea why they were threatening to take his daughter?

AB: I don't know.

D: What's your name?

AB: My name is

D: And your phone number?

AB: #

D: No one has seen your daughter since 2:30 this morning?

AB: No, like I said we had all that drama last night and me and my wife went back to bed. And my daughter is I think coming into puberty so she's hitting that broody stage *insert nervous laughter* so we only see her when she comes out when she wants something and that's about it.

D: Did you say that she was handicapped?

AB: Yes Ma'am she has an above the knee amputation.

D: She has one leg that is partially amputated?

AB: Yes, she has a prosthetic leg which apparently they've taken with her.

D: OK. You don't have any idea, at all?

D: No like I said it was all addressed to him and it was all taken out on him and I guess they thought he (garbled).

D: Did you talk to your boss about it?

AB: I've just spoken to him and he told me to do, he's gonna be here shortly

D: Do you think that he knows?

AB: Um, we had an officer out here last night and he ran through who he thought it may have been, like an ex employee or something

D: confirm address & tell him to call if he finds anything out prior to officers arrival

"He told me to do..pause, he's gonna be here shortly"

He told me to do......... a missing person report? Do you think this is what he left out?

Well we have his cell # now. Anyone want to call or text him to ask him the questions we are trying to get the answers to? :crazy:

I thought they always bleeped that stuff out before releasing to the public? :waitasec:

I'm thinking that fire could have been lit under AB's arse and he wouldn't have reacted any more strongly.

I think this 911 call confirmed one thing to me..... AB has some form of Asperger's or HFA .

http://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/tc/aspergers-syndrome-symptoms

* Not pick up on social cues and may lack inborn social skills, such as being able to read others' body language, start or maintain a conversation, and take turns talking.
* Dislike any changes in routines.
* Appear to lack empathy.
* Be unable to recognize subtle differences in speech tone, pitch, and accent that alter the meaning of others’ speech. Thus, (they) may not understand a joke or may take a sarcastic comment literally. Likewise, his or her speech may be flat and difficult to understand because it lacks tone, pitch, and accent.
* Have a formal style of speaking .....
* Avoid eye contact or stare at others......
* Have unusual facial expressions or postures.
* Be preoccupied with only one interest...... overly interested in parts of a whole or in unusual activities...... (virtual worlds !!!)
* ..... One-sided conversations are common. Internal thoughts are often verbalized.

And sometimes, evil is just evil....no medical diagnosis needed.

That's why I was wondering if the computer(s) had been checked thoroughly. We all probably know a lot of people who met online and they are quite lovely people. It's the ones who don't stop the virtual reality when REAL reality takes hole that concern me. Being addicted to online gaming has resulted in the deaths of children before...either through neglect or abuse coming from being annoyed at outside interruption (feeding kids can be soooo time consuming).

That's where I was coming from when wondering about gaming around the time she went missing. Was EB up all night, and most of the day, taking naps on the keyboard, playing in a virtual world while that dear child languished and died in the real one? Did Zahra ask to be fed and get beaten for disrupting the game?

sorry if this seems rushed. We're dashing out the door but I wanted to throw this out there before the thought died of loneliness in my skull. ;)
Just thinking things over....and jmo, of course.

I think it is much more likely that they were both high than there is they were both stuck in a virtual world.

(When you hear hoof beats think horses not zebras.)

"He told me to do..pause, he's gonna be here shortly"

He told me to do......... a missing person report? Do you think this is what he left out?

Strange way of wording it, that's for sure. Why wouldn't he just say what his boss told him? :waitasec:

911 What is your emergency

Uh, yeah, my daughter is missing.

I'm sorry, your daughter is missing?

Yes M'aam

What is your address

21 21st Ave NW
The police were out here last night,um,for a fire and ransom note for my boss's daughter uhm, I (something unintelligible) it appears they took my daughter instead of my boss's daughter

Okay- how old is your daughter

She's ten. And she is handicapped. She has a prosthetic leg.

How long has she been missing?

uhm, we checked in there last night about 2:30 and she was there and all this happened this morning about 5 o'clock

I don't know if they set a fire outside in the yard to distract us to go out and they snuck in the door or I don't know

I'm not familiar with what happened last night. What happened last night?

Last night we were woken up, my dog woke me up and I had a fire in the backyard and somebody had put gas in my company vehicle that I drive for work, they left a ransom note on the company vehicle to my boss saying they had his daughter and his son was next. And his daughter is fine, his daughter came here last night with him when I called him and uh it appears they have taken my daughter instead of his.

Operator repeats last line. Do you know who this was?

I don't know who it was.

That may have taken her?

No M'aam

Do you know why they may have taken her? Why they were there to take his daughter?

I don't know.

Okay. What is your name?

My name is Adam Baker.

And your phone number?

962-2874 (I think)

So, no one has seen your daughter since 2:30 this morning?

Uh, no, like I said we had all that drama last night and we, me and my wife went back to bend and my daughter's coming into puberty so she's hitting that broody state (laughs) where we only see her when she comes up when she wants something and that's about it.

And you said she is handicapped?

Yes M'aam, she has an above her knee amputation.

Okay, she has one leg?

yes

That is amputated?

Yes, she has a prosthetic which apparantly they've taken with her.

Prosthetic leg was taken with?

Yes M'aam

Okay and you don't have any idea at all?

No, like I said it was all addressed to him and it was all taken out on him and I guess they thought we live in this house.

Okay, okay, did you talk to your boss about it?

Uhm, I've just spoken to him and he just said he going to be here shortly.

Okay, so do you think that he knows?

Uhm, I asked about it last night and he ran through who he thought it may have been, like an ex employee or something

Okay, clarifies address

Hang on a second

Thank you.

silence on line

Okay, I see it now, I wasn't finding the call

It was an officer Rollin's.

Okay, alright. We are getting the police on the way. If you think of anything, anything that can help us find you daughter....

Okay, thank you M'aam

Strange way of wording it, that's for sure. Why wouldn't he just say what his boss told him? :waitasec:

Why did he call his boss before calling 911?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong