17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't selectively quote so it looks like I am making the Martin's out to look like bad guys. I was simply answering a question posted up-stream.

And I was just doing the same using the example you provided. My post was not meant to be personal only stating anyone is free to set up a site and collect donations. jmo

LambChop said:
His bail was $15,000. To date GZ has only paid $5,000 leaving a balance of $10,000 he still owes the bail bondsman. He managed to spend $54,000 dollars in less than 30 days but only could give the bailman $5,000. That honesty for ya. jmo

I wonder why the full 15,000 wasn't paid to the bondsman? I am speculating as to whether or not paying only 5,000 was an attempt to continue the "I'm so poor, I can't even eat" routine.

I think GZ fully intended to lie about the money, but once Mark O'Mara found out, he had to put a stop to it. O'Mara knew there could be consequences, and probably figured it'd be best to get it out in the open and deal with it before more money was collected and GZ had more time to hide and lie.

JMO MOO IMO
I read that differently. I thought he had paid the full 15k-but only used 5k out of the paypal account towards it.

oh here this might help:

Last week the judge let out Zimmerman on $150,000 bail, of which his family spent three days scrambling to post the $15,000 needed for the bail bondsman. They even mortgaged one of their properties to come up with the money. It’s unclear why they did not use more of the PayPal funds.

Actual evidence, the picture of "GZ's bleeding head" has not been verified to even be GZ, the funeral director said there was not evidence that TM had been in a fight (very bad "evidence" for GZ), but that also is not "evidence"

BEM: Someone should tell Crump since he is commenting on it!
"“When you look at those pictures and you see those two little cuts on his head, that is not consistent with your head being pounded into the pavement”… - Benjamin Crump 4/23

the eyewitness saw "someone" on the ground beneath "someone" else, never heard him say who was who so yes link to that please.

"Someone" wearing red. This is not news or anything that hasn't been discussed many times here, but perhaps you missed it. Here's one of the many reports:

Man shot and killed in neighborhood altercation:
MyFoxOrlando.com
Below is a transcript of the Fox News interview of the witness “John” by reporter Keith Landry.
Narration: Sanford police (are) still trying to figure out exactly what happened in this spot here last night. We talked to a man who didn’t want to be shown on camera, who witnessed part of the attack right here then went upstairs to his window and witnessed the rest of it after he called 911.
Reporter: “What are you thinking now about all this?”
Narration: This afternoon I talked to “John” through his front door about what he saw last night during a fight that turned into a deadly shooting.
John: “The guy on the bottom (Zimmerman) who I believe had a red sweater on was yelling to me ‘help, help’. I told him (Trayvon) to stop (beating Zimmerman) and called 911."

1. This was the day after the shooting which holds more credence to me than any of the ear and eyewitnesses that have come forward in the weeks after.
2. On Roland Martin's interview with SB, TM, and BJ, Crump states Zimmerman had on a red sweatshirt. This interview was on the 18th of March.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3SZ8FBrbvw&feature=player_embedded]Roland Martin's interview with SB, TM, and BJ (7:51). [/ame]

The police report, you mean the one that says right up top:

Offenses Section

1 HOMICIDE-NEGLIG
MANSL-UNNECESSARY KILLING TO
PREVENT UNLAWFUL ACT

Yea, also very BAD evidence for GZ.

BEM: What unlawful act was he preventing?

BEM: Someone should tell Crump since he is commenting on it!
"“When you look at those pictures and you see those two little cuts on his head, that is not consistent with your head being pounded into the pavement”… - Benjamin Crump 4/23

"Someone" wearing red. This is not news or anything that hasn't been discussed many times here, but perhaps you missed it. Here's one of the many reports:

Man shot and killed in neighborhood altercation:
MyFoxOrlando.com
Below is a transcript of the Fox News interview of the witness “John” by reporter Keith Landry.
Narration: Sanford police (are) still trying to figure out exactly what happened in this spot here last night. We talked to a man who didn’t want to be shown on camera, who witnessed part of the attack right here then went upstairs to his window and witnessed the rest of it after he called 911.
Reporter: “What are you thinking now about all this?”
Narration: This afternoon I talked to “John” through his front door about what he saw last night during a fight that turned into a deadly shooting.
John: “The guy on the bottom (Zimmerman) who I believe had a red sweater on was yelling to me ‘help, help’. I told him (Trayvon) to stop (beating Zimmerman) and called 911."

1. This was the day after the shooting which holds more credence to me than any of the ear and eyewitnesses that have come forward in the weeks after.
2. On Roland Martin's interview with SB, TM, and BJ, Crump states Zimmerman had on a red sweatshirt. This interview was on the 18th of March.

Roland Martin's interview with SB, TM, and BJ (7:51).

BEM: What unlawful act was he preventing?

In that context, I think the unlawful act was some sort of assault. JMO

There was a discussion about M'OM's fees the other day. this has probably been addressed but since this is a new thread thought I would post anyway.

Faced with the prospect of not getting paid for his work, O’Mara, has set up his own website and legal defense fund — gzdefensefund.com. At his normal $400-an-hour rate, the case could run up to $1 million, including costs, he said.
Getting paid
“I am a businessman, and I certainly don’t mind getting paid for my expenses in this,” O’Mara said. “We don’t have a lot of training on how to handle legal defense fund money … There are no rules, and we are going to make some.” He vowed to be more transparent.
He noted that Trayvon’s parents have a website that accepts donations, too. That site on wepay.com says it has collected about $26,000.

Yes, I know Karmady. I think some are forgetting it's not a contest. Each person involved can ask for donations. It's their right and if someone wants to donate to help with their expenses that is their own personal choice and they should be free to do so without being harassed about it. I think MOM is afraid the people who donated would be harassed but I doubt that would happen just as I doubt witnesses will be afraid to come forward and testify. MOM stating that in the hearing the other day and it made me wonder why he would say something like that unless he was trying to make witnesses feel they needed to be fearful if they came forward. I just could not see a reason for him saying that. jmo

Idk. I think I'm being very honest with myself when I say that I would be hesitant to contribute to George's defense out of fear. Even if it wouldn't put me in actual fear for my life (although that thought would cross my mnd, as well) I would not want my name associated with such an unpopular cause that has drawn such incredibly negative backlash. In fact, I do feel very strongly that, regardless of the ultimate outcome, this has been a wrongful persecution of George of epic proportions. I mean, even if you think he should have been arrested on the night of the shooting, what are you going to do if you're in his shoes? INSIST that you be arrested on the spot?

Then once the media and the folks we talk about elsewhere got involved, well, it's just terrifying, imo, and a complete travesty. Not at all how things are supposed to happen in this country regardless, again, of which "side" you find yourself on, imo.

My point is I do believe the concerns expressed by O'Mara are valid, because I feel that way myself, and I have given it some thought.

jmo

I have a question about the address that Zimmerman claimed to have needed to get for the dispatcher. What address was he getting and why was he getting an address? Zimmerman knew where he had left his truck so it wasn't the address for that. Trayvon was "running" for the back entrance so it wasn't an address for where he went. So what address was it that was needed?

All of the condominiums have a different address. You may recall the discussion on which address TM's body lay in back of. He said it was a "cut-through", and he didn't have the address - which I assume meant to the condo's on either side of that cut through. JMO

The bleeding head photo shows that the incident could not have occured as Zimmerman claims since there are only two small lacerations to the back of the head instead of a road rash that would have occured had his head repeatedly hit a cement walkway, IMO.

Road Rash is actually a term used for people who fall off of motorcycles or bicycles and slide across pavement. It's usually a bad brushburn and often filled with rocks, dirt and debree. (I've seen plenty of that as hubby and many friends ride motorcycle's.) If GZ's head was banged a couple of times on the pavement and he tried to scoot off the sidewalk to keep his head from being hit, I don't understand why anyone would not think that GZ would have been trying to lift his head at the same time he was scooting or trying to move.

The funeral director said there were no marks other than a gunshot wound, therefore there were no marks on Trayvon's hands either so that proves that Trayvon did NOT punch Zimmerman in the nose, face or anywhere else, IMO.

Friends of mine own a bar, so I've seen a few bar fights. From what I've observed when someone punches someone in the nose or mouth it usually only cuts the fist/hand if a tooth is hit by the fist. So just punching a nose wouldn't necessarily break the skin or cause a bruise on the knuckles. I've seen some red knuckles after a fight, but am not sure what that would look like if the person had died during the fight. What I've not seen is black and blue marks on a hand or knuckles the day after a fight unless the hand was broken.

Eyewitness reports are very often wrong as eyewitnesses are not reliable, however, there are also other eyewitness reports that clearly say that Zimmerman was on top of Trayvon holding him down as well and eyewitness reports (actually earwitness reports) stating that it was a younger male yelling for help and making the sounds on the 911 call, IMO.

I have not heard anyone but the witness John stating that he was outside and the man in the red was on the bottom. I've listened to all the other callers to 911 and have not heard any of them state that GZ or the man in red was on the top. I will go to listen again. Also regarding the calls for help. I noticed that investigator Gilbreath stated that the FBI had been sent the 911 calls to analyze, but this is what he said when he testified:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/20/cnr.02.html

O'MARA: Witnesses heard people arguing, sounded like a struggle. During this time, witnesses heard numerous calls for help. Some of this was recorded. Trayvon's mom reviewed the 911 calls and identified the cry for help and Trayvon Martin's voice. Did you do any forensic analysis on that voice tape?

GILBREATH: Did I?

O'MARA: Did you or are you aware of anything?

GILBREATH: The "Orlando Sentinel" had someone do it and the FBI has had someone do it.

O'MARA: Is that part of your investigation?

GILBREATH: Yes.

O'MARA: Has that given any insight as to the voice?

GILBREATH: No.

So that tells me that as of the bond hearing they did not yet know who was yelling for help that night. And IMO if the person calling for help was Trayvon then I would expect that as a teenager going through puberty that his voice was changing and would be crackling if it was him screaming. I lived through 2boys going through puberty with changing voices.

The police report was not a full report nor was it a final report when it was released to the public. The police report also was a version of what Zimmerman claimed happened that night, not what actually did occur, IMO.

So, none of the "evidence" against Trayvon is actual proof, at this time, that Trayvon did anything wrong or illegal that night. There is, however, proof that Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon, that Zimmerman followed Trayvon with a loaded gun and that Zimmerman did NOT have reasonable reason to believe that Trayvon was up to no good that night, IMO.

I really believe that we all need to take a step back and wait for the documents to be released for a better idea of what there is evidence of or any inconsistancies. I just don't think that GZ had time to make up such a story right after the shooting. He had to be in shock right after, maybe is head was hurting and was in a time of great stress. I just don't know how anyone could be thinking straight after something like this. He never ask for an attorney when being questioned. He freely talked to LE several times in the next 24hrs without an attorney. If he wasn't telling the truth or making it up as he went along then why would he not talk to an attorney for legal advice just in case he was caught in a lie? I, for one, would not expect all of his statements to match or there not be inconsistancies because of his state of mind at the time. In fact if each of his statements matched I would be leary of a made up story.
MOO

My comments are in red. I'd also like to mention that my husband was in a accident, hit by a vehicle and thrown 10-15' landing on pavement surrounded by railroad ties. His head hit a railroad tie and landed on the pavement. GZ had more of a laceration on his head than my husband had. Hubby's forehead laceration was about an inch long and no stitches. He did have road rash on his arm and knee. Hubby was knocked unconscious and ended up with TBI. So I don't think we can look at one head injury and expect all to look the same.

Idk. I think I'm being very honest with myself when I say that I would be hesitant to contribute to George's defense out of fear. Even if it wouldn't put me in actual fear for my life (although that thought would cross my mnd, as well) I would not want my name associated with such an unpopular cause that has drawn such incredibly negative backlash. In fact, I do feel very strongly that, regardless of the ultimate outcome, this has been a wrongful persecution of George of epic proportions. I mean, even if you think he should have been arrested on the night of the shooting, what are you going to do if you're in his shoes? INSIST that you be arrested on the spot?

Then once the media and the folks we talk about elsewhere got involved, well, it's just terrifying, imo, and a complete travesty. Not at all how things are supposed to happen in this country regardless, again, of which "side" you find yourself on, imo.

My point is I do believe the concerns expressed by O'Mara are valid, because I feel that way myself, and I have given it some thought.

jmo
bbm
You raise some interesting points Karmady. especially the one about George insisting he should be arrested. I can honestly say I don't think I thought of it in that way.

I read that differently. I thought he had paid the full 15k-but only used 5k out of the paypal account towards it.

snipped
Mark O'Mara himself said on Jane Velez Mitchell show yesterday that George still owes the bail bondsman, $10,000. $5,000 had been paid from the PayPal funds.
It's possible that by now, the amount has been taken care of, but it was outstanding as of yesterday.

jmo

The media has capitalized on this fear. Hopefully the Judge will not release the names of his contributors. The account was a personal account and I see no reason why he should, IMO. Contributing anonymously with money orders will likely be the form of contribution in the future. I think it is funny that people, in Florida especially, would complain at all about a legal defense fund for GZ since they will be paying his legal bills if the money stops coming in. Remember Casey Anthony? She was indigent after Baez blew through the money she made off Caylee's pictures. Florida paid her enormous legal fees and trial costs thereafter. JMO

My comments are in red. I'd also like to mention that my husband was in a accident, hit by a vehicle and thrown 10-15' landing on pavement surrounded by railroad ties. His head hit a railroad tie and landed on the pavement. GZ had more of a laceration on his head than my husband had. Hubby's forehead laceration was about an inch long and no stitches. He did have road rash on his arm and knee. Hubby was knocked unconscious and ended up with TBI. So I don't think we look at one head injury and expect all to look the same.

You Rock! Just sayin

Mark O'Mara himself said on Jane Velez Mitchell show yesterday that George still owes the bail bondsman, $10,000. $5,000 had been paid from the PayPal funds.
It's possible that by now, the amount has been taken care of, but it was outstanding as of yesterday.

Would you have a link handy? I don't recall the part about still owing $10,000. TIA

OH that is interesting, thank you ib nora. I see the confusion now.
It is really up to the bondsman-well at least here in CA it is,how the funds are collected. For some you have to have the full amount and for others you can make arrangements.

There was a discussion about M'OM's fees the other day. this has probably been addressed but since this is a new thread thought I would post anyway.

Faced with the prospect of not getting paid for his work, O’Mara, has set up his own website and legal defense fund — gzdefensefund.com. At his normal $400-an-hour rate, the case could run up to $1 million, including costs, he said.
Getting paid
“I am a businessman, and I certainly don’t mind getting paid for my expenses in this,” O’Mara said. “We don’t have a lot of training on how to handle legal defense fund money … There are no rules, and we are going to make some.” He vowed to be more transparent.
He noted that Trayvon’s parents have a website that accepts donations, too. That site on wepay.com says it has collected about $26,000.

The parents also have a foundation which bares the TM trademark, but I forget the exact name.

I think his exact words were " the second installment" of 10,000 dollars. By using the term second installment it leads me to believe the 10 grand was not due until now.

If they were behind in their payments or withholding money from the bail bonds man then I don't think he would have been released. imo

Getting paid

This is what I found:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/27/2770968/zimmerman-attorney-to-tell-judge.html

“He absolutely knew there was money in that account. I am not suggesting he didn’t know it was there,” O’Mara told reporters after a court hearing Friday where the issue was disclosed to the court. “The question is whether he felt that needed to be disclosed … It was an oversight.”

"Zimmerman must not have thought the money was readily available for spending, O’Mara said, although Zimmerman had spent some of the funds on rent and on preparing his current safe house, and $5,000 went toward posting bail."

In another article I can't find now MOM said GZ still owed the bailbondsman $10,000. jmo

Walking while being black.

Reading it as he was "preventing" a crime. There is no way GZ could have prevented TM from doing something he was already engaged in. JMO

Would you have a link handy? I don't recall the part about still owing $10,000. TIA

From her 4/27 show:

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK, Mark. I just have so many questions for you. How is it possible that he`s already spent 50 grand approximately on living expenses? I mean, that`s a year`s salary for a lot of Americans, at least.

O`MARA: Yes. And I`m going to answer those questions as soon as I see all the bank records and see what he spent it on. I do know, for example, the five went to the bail bonds person. I imagine that the other 10 that is going to be due to the bail bonds person will come from that fund. I still think that is a legitimate defense fund expense.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/27/ijvm.01.html

O`MARA: Yes. And I`m going to answer those questions as soon as I see all the bank records and see what he spent it on. I do know, for example, the five went to the bail bonds person. I imagine that the other 10 that is going to be due to the bail bonds person will come from that fund. I still think that is a legitimate defense fund expense.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/27/ijvm.01.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member