2010.09.03 - Kaine assures Skyline Parents their kids are safe.

Kaine told KGW he spoke briefly at the meeting, and assured parents their kids would be safe. snip

Is Kaine putting his theory that Terri is the one and only predator over and beyond common sense?

Sorry, but if I was a parent at Skyline, I would be furious at such a ridiculous conclusion by Kaine. There are child predators everywhere and feeding them a statement such as this might loosen one from the rats nest. :eek: moo

Kaine would do much better with his 'dad' hat on rather than his detective hat. moo mho

I bet Kaine did it as a favor to Skyline - we don't know, but I can only assume that Skyline has been very supportive of Kaine and family during this time. Maybe he felt it was his way of giving something back?

I mean... if you had a child at Skyline and were concerned about security due to Kyron, who better to reassure you than Kyron's father himself?

On another note, regardless of the Kyron situation, no school should hold open, public meetings to discuss security of the children! That's nuts. I'm glad they kept it closed. As it should be.

This makes me think LE has a whole lot more than they have shared with us.

Thats pretty silly. (and dangerous) He can't gaurentee or (should'nt) assure child safety at a school regardless of the facts of this case.

That sounds like an unrealistic statement. Regardless of what he knows, or whom may be involved a child can be forever damaged in 60 seconds or less...whithout anyone ever knowing.

I doubt any of the parents at that meeting are taking Kaine's words quite so literally. I'm guessing that he assured them that they believe (possibly even know, absolutely) TH had everything to do with Kyron going missing, and nothing to do with a random person/parent/creep walking into the school and taking him.

Giving Kaine the benefit of the doubt......but, it seems he was talking about the new security measures at the school. Doesn't fit with him being a vindictive and mean person just out to hurt Terri...just MOO.

BBM, yes, and Kaine almost sounds like an apologist for his soon-to-be-ex-wife, Terri. jmo

I agree. This is sounding more and more like a long haul case, and I think if he is being apologetic, it's because he feels bad that this isn't resolved and everyone can't feel safe again just yet. He probably also feels guilty that this happened in the first place and probably thinks he could have prevented it. Not only is his son missing, but now there's a sense of fear at Skyline Elementary, and probably a sense of fear in the community as well. That's quite a burden for Kaine to bear. I don't blame him for trying to bring back a sense of security and safeness at Skyline for sake of the parents and kids who go there.

Terri has no idea how many people she has affected by doing what she did. This goes so much further than the immediate family, and it breaks my heart. What a senseless and selfish thing to do to a school and to an entire community much less her own family. And if by some miracle she didn't do it, I'd feel the same way about whoever did do it.

IMHO, it is not Kaine's place to assure the community that their children are safe at Skyline. It is LE who needs to step forward and assure the public, as it is their responsibility to serve and protect.

IMHO, it is not Kaine's place to assure the community that their children are safe at Skyline. It is LE who needs to step forward and assure the public, as it is their responsibility to serve and protect.

I agree it's LE's responsibility, and the school's too. But they can only give so much in the was of reassurance - there just are no guarantees, even in the best of circumstances.

LE was at the meeting.

I agree it's LE's responsibility, and the school's too. But they can only give so much in the was of reassurance - there just are no guarantees, even in the best of circumstances.

LE was at the meeting.

BBM

I agree. IMHO, Kaine should not usurp the role of LE, nor should they ask him to do so. Until Terri is charged and convicted, what remains is a theory, perhaps an unsupportable theory as there has not yet been an arrest or indictment.

The increased security measures should be comforting, but nothing is foolproof, IMHO.

Kaine and Desiree have never put blame on teachers, staff or school, IIRC.
It has always been about a big plan blaming Terri and DD and possibly others.
Does LE honestly think this is a child custody thing gone bad?
I feel so bad for the bio parents still planning KYRON's first day of school.
I sure hope he is found by then also. ALIVE!

Do we know who donated the cameras? Perhaps Intel? Just a guess.

Kaine and Desiree have never put blame on teachers, staff or school, IIRC.
It has always been about a big plan blaming Terri and DD and possibly others.
Does LE honestly think this is a child custody thing gone bad?

I feel so bad for the bio parents still planning KYRON's first day of school.
I sure hope he is found by then also. ALIVE!

BBM. I have considered both of these as possibilities in what might really be going on in this case: getting Terri out of the picture and/or Desiree possibly regaining custody of Kyron. I have some thoughts about other possibilities but don't want to speculate ;) jmo

I smell a giant tort cow pie and Kaine might have stepped squarely in the middle of it.

Of course Kaine was at the meeting....he's the parent of a student at the school.

Elephant in the middle of the room:

....that was last seen at the school, that is currently missing, that Kaine still believes to be alive.

It also says to me that they either asked for more leads, and that LE or a rep would be at the school in place of Kaine, if they firmly believed he was not alive. I just don't believe LE would torture a parent in that way.

I smell a giant tort cow pie and Kaine might have stepped squarely in the middle of it.

I call it "horse hash", but I know what you mean. I wonder if Desiree and Tony support Kaine's stance? jmo

Captain Gates was also at the meeting, it wasn't just Kaine saying the school was safe.

"""Kaine Horman told KGW the school held the meeting in order to explain new policies to parents following Kaine’s disappearance at the end of the last school year.""

I don't know but I can't believe this news media site hasn't caught and corrected that horrendous typo for this long in their article. I didn't know Kaine was missing now, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back