2011.09.15 EB Pleads Guilty to the Murder of Zahra

You can tell EB lying. Blood splatter on Zahra's bedroom ceiling. She "claims" AB told her to stay in the room and he removed Zahra and did the deed. How did the blood get on the ceiling from the bathroom?

No one believes her!

I think that Adam or someone had to have helped her dismember Zahra. Adam is the most likely candidate. I will never believe he did not know anything for two weeks. If EB says she died on September 24, why are they checking phone pings for the 24th instead of the 25th?
"
Baker described in a halting voice about finding Zahra, dead in bed on Sept. 24, 2010. She said Zahra had been sick with a stomach virus the week before, but seemed fine that morning.

"On the 24th, during the same period of time, his phone was in the Burke County area," Whisnant said."

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/10/23/2715365/from-jail-elisa-baker-insists.html#ixzz1bi93uhZl

Ugh, she is revolting. And at this stage I'm perfectly willing to see AB go free on possible neglect charges or charges related to covering up a death, if convicting him has even a slight chance of opening the door for EB to appeal. She spreads pain and criminality among law abiding and vulnerable people where-ever she goes and keeping her locked up is a matter of public safety.

..i'm never willing for adam to go free........on anything.

..he can put all the defense attorney spin on it that he likes ( uhhh, i was smoking pot so much that i was clueless....i "think she was in the bed"--"there was a lump"....for two WEEKS..)

.."pot-heads" are AWARE of their surroundings and what's going on----for him to even use that as an excuse is ridiculous --and a slam to mellow pot smokers..

..he's lying.

..and i want him to go down for it.

..and i want him to go down for running brittanyB & fiance off the road ( b/c she owed them ( money----obviously for drugs).

.and i want him in on the drug charges if he had anything to do with it ( and i find it hard to believe that he did NOT, since he lived with her at the time..)

..and i want him to suffer for the rest of his pathetic life for what happened to zahra.

..he can put all the defense attorney spin on it that he likes ( uhhh, i was smoking pot so much that i was clueless....i "think she was in the bed"--"there was a lump"....for two WEEKS..)

.."pot-heads" are AWARE of their surroundings and what's going on----for him to even use that as an excuse is ridiculous --and a slam to mellow pot smokers..

..he's lying.

..and i want him to go down for running brittanyB & fiance off the road ( b/c she owed them ( money----obviously for drugs).

.and i want him in on the drug charges if he had anything to do with it ( and i find it hard to believe that he did NOT, since he lived with her at the time..)

..and i want him to suffer for the rest of his pathetic life for what happened to zahra.

AMEN, LaurieJ. I wish I could have hit "thank you" a dozen times.

You can tell EB lying. Blood splatter on Zahra's bedroom ceiling. She "claims" AB told her to stay in the room and he removed Zahra and did the deed. How did the blood get on the ceiling from the bathroom?

No one believes her!

Was it ever determined by LE she was dismembered in the bathroom? For all we know, the blood on the ceiling could have come when she was dismembered, not through physical abuse. I think she might be telling the truth that Adam dismembered Zahra.

Just a point,

I work and have worked with some Aussie and Irish guys. I can believe that he might not have been involved or known.

Adam was married to a very manipulative woman. He might have been the strong, simple meat and potatoes guy who works long hours and hard, comes home, takes a shower, has a beer and blunt, and hits the hay. It might have been his way of escaping a bad marriage, it might have been his way of ignoring things he knew were bothering him, but couldn't put a finger on. I believe that some guys can do this...to survive in a situation that they don't like but don't know what to do about.

If he was working non stop, he probably didn't have much time for his daughter. He might have felt that once he married, a girl child was his wife's responsibility. In some cultures, it's that way...the man works hard and the wife raises the kids-especially the girls. He might have believed that this was his role-to be the breadwinner, and because he was undocumented, he might not have made the money he felt he needed to unlesss he worked long hours to support a wife and child. He probably wanted to be the 'big man' and worked long and hard to do that.

As for how he could not know about Z.s condition or murder....

Well, my husband is a Chef. He leaves the house sometimes at 4, and sometimes doesnt' get back til 7:30-8:00pm (he's on an 'early' shift) but because he's Executive Chef, everything is his responsiblity. During the day I work, come home take care of things, make dinner, etc, etc etc by the time he gets home. I can see how if Adam was away for a long day out that the stepmother could have time to do quite a bit. And Adam strikes me as the kind of guy who probably didn't ask to many questions after a long day at work...probably 'did you get the beer?' or 'whats on the telly?' or 'Z behave herself today?"

I work with men who have conversations with their wives like this...and who are gone long hours. And his relationship with E. was probably very simple...he didn't look like the sort of man who would be asking in depth questions or wanting any sort of long conversation.

I think it's such a shame this little girl had this happen. What a lovely little person she looked, and I hope that she's happy in heaven.

..he's lying.

Right there with ya, one hundred million percent! I will never believe he knew nothing, not in a billion years and I don't care if his cell was pinging in China! He played the dumb oaf part very well, and IMO somehow he got away with his involvement by playing dumb, keeping his mouth shut, and letting his beloved wife take all the blame.

Thank you Laurie J.

In my opinion, SOME of this makes more sense than Adam not knowing anything for 2 weeks. Adam's excuse of being high on pot every night doesn't get it with me! I'm not a pot smoker, but I don't think that someone smoking pot is oblivious to the world around them.In my opinion, the only way now to see Adam serve some time in prison is for Elisa to give "good evidence" to the FEDS, & her defense attorney, where Adam was involved with the drug transactions.

Yes, I THINK she killed Zahra, but I don't know that for a fact. But, I also think she is telling the truth about Adam dismembering Zahra...to save his own skin and not be deported back to Australia. Come to think of it, maybe the reason why Adam was so willing to have Zahra homeschooled was he was afraid the school would find out HE was here illegally.

BBM It would explain his girth; he certainly didn't lose lbs worrying over Zahra.

As for him being deported to Australia; the sooner the better, this time our gain will be Australia's loss, they have to deal with his sorry azz. Good riddance to rubbish.

Baker said her lawyer, Scott Reilly, told her accepting a plea deal was in her best interest.

"I wouldn't get a fair trial here, or anywhere," she said. "I'm going to be an old woman when I get out." Reilly said Saturday that he advised Baker to take the plea deal because the evidence against her was strong. He cited Baker's inconsistent statements, her acknowledgment that Adam wasn't around when Zahra died, blood splatter on Zahra's bedroom ceiling, and cellphone records that placed her where the remains were discarded.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#ixzz1bcNhtOuA

BBM Has she not looked in a mirror lately? She looks like an old woman now; short of extensive plastic surgery, she is and will be an 'old woman' as long as she's breathing.

Just a point,

I work and have worked with some Aussie and Irish guys. I can believe that he might not have been involved or known.

Adam was married to a very manipulative woman. He might have been the strong, simple meat and potatoes guy who works long hours and hard, comes home, takes a shower, has a beer and blunt, and hits the hay. It might have been his way of escaping a bad marriage, it might have been his way of ignoring things he knew were bothering him, but couldn't put a finger on. I believe that some guys can do this...to survive in a situation that they don't like but don't know what to do about.

If he was working non stop, he probably didn't have much time for his daughter. He might have felt that once he married, a girl child was his wife's responsibility. In some cultures, it's that way...the man works hard and the wife raises the kids-especially the girls. He might have believed that this was his role-to be the breadwinner, and because he was undocumented, he might not have made the money he felt he needed to unlesss he worked long hours to support a wife and child. He probably wanted to be the 'big man' and worked long and hard to do that.

As for how he could not know about Z.s condition or murder....

Well, my husband is a Chef. He leaves the house sometimes at 4, and sometimes doesnt' get back til 7:30-8:00pm (he's on an 'early' shift) but because he's Executive Chef, everything is his responsiblity. During the day I work, come home take care of things, make dinner, etc, etc etc by the time he gets home. I can see how if Adam was away for a long day out that the stepmother could have time to do quite a bit. And Adam strikes me as the kind of guy who probably didn't ask to many questions after a long day at work...probably 'did you get the beer?' or 'whats on the telly?' or 'Z behave herself today?"

I work with men who have conversations with their wives like this...and who are gone long hours. And his relationship with E. was probably very simple...he didn't look like the sort of man who would be asking in depth questions or wanting any sort of long conversation.

I think it's such a shame this little girl had this happen. What a lovely little person she looked, and I hope that she's happy in heaven.

Fryecat, I highly disagree about Adam being the hard working man who provides for his family.

He only had this job with the tree company for 6 mths. He was in the US for approx 2 yrs...where did he work so hard before obtaining this job?

He knew he was in the US ILLEGALLY. He knew he smoked pot which is ILLEGAL in North Carolina. He knew he wrote ILLEGAL hot checks to local businesses in 2 NC counties. He knew he falsified legal documents to obtain utilities. He knew he reportedly tried to hit someone with his car, who owed drug money. He knew that DSS had come to his house about reported abuse of Zahra!!!

IMO Adam was not a dumb or hard working man. He was an ILLEGAL in our country breaking many of our laws.

Was it ever determined by LE she was dismembered in the bathroom? For all we know, the blood on the ceiling could have come when she was dismembered, not through physical abuse. I think she might be telling the truth that Adam dismembered Zahra.

BBM

I'm not so sure, Hickory... I followed the Jeffrey MacDonald case very closely, since I grew up about 35 miles away, and we had neighbors who had lived in that same neighborhood in Ft. Bragg -- an Army Colonel, Retired...

Anyway, **and this is a bit graphic**, when there are blood splatters on the ceiling, it usually means that blood from a previous blow has gotten onto the murder weapon -- BB bat, 2x4, golf club, bed slat (as in the J. MacD. case), possibly the prosthetic leg, and the blood was "slung" off the weapon in an arc with such force, that it was splattered onto the ceiling.

I just don't see the blood spattering onto the ceiling from the use of a handsaw. Further, if the dismemberment came a few hours later than death, the blood would not have splattered at all, due to drying out, etc.... EB spread that blood in her jealousy & rage, IMO.

Sorry for the awful details, folks.
icon8.gif
icon11.gif

To convict him for all the things he has done that involve Zahra, how much risk are you willing to run of EB getting off or having a very large reduction in her sentence on the Zahra charges?

That's what it comes down to at this point.

I mean, sure you can say "I'm not willing to run any risk!" but that's not always the way reality works in criminal cases where much of the evidence is missing. It's like saying you aren't willing to have it rain on Tuesdays because you take a walk that day. Weatherman is going to tell you the chances of it raining, then you decide whether you're taking that walk or not. Somewhere in the public prosecutors office someone is toting up the risks and benefits and someone else (or possibly a team of people) is deciding whether the risks are worth it.

Elisa Baker pleads guilty to murder of stepdaughter, Zahra

" NEWTON -- Elisa Baker entered a guilty plea Thursday morning to second-degree murder and other charges related to the death of her 10-year-old stepdaughter Zahra Baker nearly a year ago.

Elisa Baker entered the pleas following an apparent plea agreement between her attorneys and prosecutors.

According to the agreement announced in court Thursday morning, Baker will face between 177 and 222 months in prison -- roughly, from 15 to 18 years.

During the hearing, a judge told Elisa Baker that the maximum penalty for the murder and other related charges would be 722 months, or more than 60 years."

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/09/15/2610016/zahra-baker-case-could-end-today.html

Thank you for posting article. I had only read a blurb about this case After Casey was cut loose. This Is first pic I've seen of EB.. I have never gotten the chills down my back and my stomach in my throat the way I do when I see her picture. Pure evil. I had to read 1st paragraphs in a hurry because this woman's presence, even over film, is terrifying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fyrecat, re your post, I appreciate your intentions but the reality is, sure you may have worked with some Australian guys and you feel Adam's demeanour and behaviour is typical of Aussie blokes, but I can tell you with absolute certainty, you're working on a stereotype notion. Yes, Adam has certain typical traits of Aussie guys within a certain demographic (his "ocker" speech and laid back attitude for example), but it is definitely not typical either of Aussie men or of their wives to live the lives that Adam and Elisa lived.

I'd say a small proportion of lower-end demographic, uneducated, alpha-male types may be like that, though I'd not ever describe Adam as an alpha male for a second! A wanna-be alpha male perhaps. Note my response to Elisa's comment quoted above! In the current economy (even the past 30 or so years) it is not viable for any but the most high income families to have a parent at home. In such affluent cases many assertive women have quite glorious careers (possibly greater than their husbands) so choose to work for their own satisfaction, and there is no stay at home parent in the family – usually professional nannies or child-care is used instead. In a 'typical' family the case is the same. Seems pretty akin to life in the USA, the UK, and any other prosperous, highly educated western country, doesn't it? In fact, Australia is barely feeling a pinch from the Global Financial Crisis – the Aussie dollar is above parity ... ie worth more than the USD because the economy is so strong. Yet, it still continues that most families have both parents working.

I do not agree with you that Australian males have a lack of in-depth conversation with their wives, or a lack of interest in their own family. That is a malaise suffered by complacent individuals, not by an entire nation of people!

Meat and potatoes, beer on the table, telly on, wife looks after the kids ... yes, a very stereotypical myth.

Fyrecat,
Meat and potatoes, beer on the table, telly on, wife looks after the kids ... yes, a very stereotypical myth.

I agree that this is a stereotypical myth of a man of any nationality but not so much of someone in denial, most likely suffering from depression because of the reality of a very bad decision he has realized he made - a depression deepened by the use of marijuana - and lonely for home and the past.

IMHO AB knew what a witch he had married and was escaping his current reality in his absence from home, substance abuse and guilt about what he had subjected his child to. I will never forgive him for allowing this to happen to Zahra but I am not convinced that he played an active role. I do believe he is guilty because of neglectful passivity and I wish he was sitting in a cell next to EB for the entire time she is incarcerated.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/elisa-baker-speaks-prison-about-murder-10-year-old/nXknp/

"I thought it was maybe a strange ritual that he done. For all I know the Aborigines… I don't know. I regret not telling sooner. I regret not calling 911. But people do make mistakes," said Baker.

EB blaming Adam for Zahra's dismemberment. Says it was not a murder. Says she will reappeal now that Zahra's skull has been found and there was no trauma to the skull.

Glad to know she's not liking prison very well.

Jesus. Deluded or what?
The Police have phone records that say Adam Baker was elsewhere when Elisa was dismembering and disposing of the body.
Much as I despise the man, the police could not prove he was involved in any direct way.

I just want to say in defense of the Aboriginal people of my country, they do not have barbaric rituals surrounding death. In fact, death is such a deeply felt aspect of life that Aboriginal peoples (each tribe is different though there are similarities) call it "sorry business" and have a variety of traditions based on respect and mourning that they follow, sometimes over a period of months. Many will not speak the name of the dead out of respect for years, nor show photographs, as they do not wish to disturb the spirit of that person. With a strong connection to the land, mourning ceremonies often focus on the return of the spirit to the Dreamtime Ancestors in their sacred land (why land rights are such a significant issue). They hold dances, and perform songs to their totems. Some tribes cremate, others bury or lay the bodies in caves or other special locations. Some tribes erect magnificent painted totems at the burial sites. There is always respect and sensitivity to the dead and where they are buried, and all attempts are made not to disturb the spirit, especially to avoid the awakening of the mischievous or angry spirits of the dead. Death is a community issue as "family" is central to life, and the notion of "family" is a very extended one.

They do not dismember, they do not scatter body parts!

What Elisa has said is not only ignorant, it is also completely disrespectful, hate-filled and racist. I take great offense at her comments – though I am Australian, I am not of Aboriginal background. I feel she was grasping at straws to deflect blame from herself and decided to point the finger at the innocent and defenseless indigenous people of a far-distant country for her own barbaric, sadistic and disrespectful treatment of Zahra's remains. I am truly disgusted that she would make such statements.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back