Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory

Does jessie ever make a statement that his confessions were lies? Why wouldn't someone ask him, on camera?

I watched PL2 again last night and he does say on camera that he lied to get the police to leave him alone. He also says this on camera again in PL3. Just hearing him speak about this again and again, it's obvious he didn't understand the gravity of the situation in the slightest. He's like a small child thinking that if he tells his parents what they want to know they will not punish him and let him play outside with his friends.

Before, of course. Who cares? I would respectfully ask for an answer to my last question....

What wording would you expect to hear from a false confessor, before you would believe he had really recanted? Which other false confessions have you compared this one to, and on what grounds did you find Jessie's less convincing?

I don't have an answer I want to give. I don't want to be interrogated.

I watched PL2 again last night and he does say on camera that he lied to get the police to leave him alone. He also says this on camera again in PL3. Just hearing him speak about this again and again, it's obvious he didn't understand the gravity of the situation in the slightest. He's like a small child thinking that if he tells his parents what they want to know they will not punish him and let him play outside with his friends.

Thanks!

Here's the deleted scene from PL1 about the necklace:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKnGYZfuBBQ"]Deleted scene from Paradise Lost - Necklace - YouTube[/ame]

If I find the thread where someone asked for it, I'll post it there, too. There are a couple of interesting things about this necklace that may not be clear in this clip.

1. The prosecution had rested its case when Fogleman decided that there might be blood on the necklace. He asked Burnett for a continuance, and it was granted. Does anyone believe that, under similar circumstances, Burnett would have granted a continuance to the defense?

2. The testing was inconclusive. The blood on the necklace belonged to people with two different blood types. One type was Damien's so it could have been his blood as it was his necklace. The other type was shared by Jason and Stevie. (Remember, there are only eight blood types in the world.) Although DQ-Alpha1 testing (something akin to DNA testing for blood as I understand it) was performed, the donor for the blood that was not Damien's type could not be determined. Therefore, the necklace was not introduced. In short, this was not the "smoking gun" that the prosecution sought.

I finally saw the movie and I am sooo filled with emotions once again.I moved to the United States over 20 years ago ,so proud to be in a country where freedom of speech,freedom in general I thought was valued more than anything.I am so saddened when I see how easy values are overturned for people that come from the "wrong" side of tracks,this case is so much bigger than justice for the three little boys,and that in itself seems unimaginable,those innocent beautiful children,MURDERED,so brutally and then the innocence of three other boys taken away just because they did not have a voice.They did get a voice over time,Paradise Lost does not convince me 100% of who actually killed these kids,but it does convince me 100% that the WM3 are INNOCENT,Jason's statement in the end is so powerful and to tell a jury that a boy ,Damien,has no soul,when you see in every scene he has more of a soul than anyone in that state that convicted him on superficial prejudice ,is heart breaking.To think that such a misjustice may happen every day and we just don't know about it,i just feel sick.
I know that the whole "Hollywood" involvement is something that enrages the non supporters,but I am so grateful because without it true justice may never come to light and I have soo much hope that it will still happen and I hope that same involvement will help other cases in the future.I know a lot of "nons" hold it against Damien that he is closer to his supporters now than his family but can you really blame him? I know I would be too

RBBM: That's exactly how he acts. He didn't understand the gravity of the situation, in fact, he thought he would get the reward and be able to give it to his father. As I've said before, my deceased BIL was in prison with Jessie and said he was easily led, and it was obvious he had "mental problems." My BIL also never thought for one instant that Jessie had anything to do with the murders. Of course, they never talked about that, it's just an impression he got from being around him.

I would really like to watch PL3, but don't have HBO. Can someone let me know of a safe site where I can stream it?
Pretty please????

I just watched all three documentaries this weekend. They were so one sided...they lack objectivity... to be considered a true documentary, IMO. They were ,though, filled with incredibly dysfunctional , colorful, strange, mentally ill people on the edge of society.. that made the documentary very compelling.I do not think they proved that the Memphis three did not do it..it proved that there was not enough evidence to convict them.

I was wondering this morning where all of the other animal sacrificing, blood drinking satanists went after the WM3 were arrested? After all, people were coming forward allover West Memphis with tales of cult meetings, animal sacrifices etc.

The "expert" on cults who testified in Damien's trial stated the police knew there was a serious problem a year before the murders even took place. Did they all just disband and scatter after these three were arrested? :floorlaugh:

tezi,I wished I could help you with a link to watch it,I was searching since it aired and I finally gave in and ordered HBO so I could watch it on OnDemand.....

Just keep checking on youtube. It should be there eventually. Also, check on Amazon to see when it's available for purchase. That may be your best bet for seeing it.

RBBM: That's exactly how he acts. He didn't understand the gravity of the situation, in fact, he thought he would get the reward and be able to give it to his father. As I've said before, my deceased BIL was in prison with Jessie and said he was easily led, and it was obvious he had "mental problems." My BIL also never thought for one instant that Jessie had anything to do with the murders. Of course, they never talked about that, it's just an impression he got from being around him.

I would really like to watch PL3, but don't have HBO. Can someone let me know of a safe site where I can stream it?
Pretty please????

I sent you a pm Tezi.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire