Jose Baez Releasing New Book!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is SOP for all lawyers who end up on a big time case to write a book afterwards....? Or not? Maybe I am thinking of the prosecutors, such as OJ, Charles Manson, etc.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....great question. I'm sure they have a deal cut with each other for splitting up the profits. Let's see....1/2 of $100 = Not Much

I just asked a lawyer friend and he cited this: According to Bar Rule 1.8(d), “[p]rior to the conclusion of representation of a client, a lawyer shall not make or negotiate an agreement giving the lawyer literary or media rights to a portrayal or account based in substantial part on information relating to the representation.”

That implies that the attorney DOES need to get permission from their client, which surely also implies Casey is getting a cut.

I'm surprised at the title.

I was sure he would call it "Iorn-Man"

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

My belly laugh of the week...

Good to see you too Beach! I'm slammed with school. I try to get here as much as I can, but I'm afraid of the addiction that is WS for me. Most of the time right now I only have the time to lurk.

I'm so happy to see all of you.

:seeya: Wondered where you got to - glad to see you back if only for a minute!

I just asked a lawyer friend and he cited this: According to Bar Rule 1.8(d), “[p]rior to the conclusion of representation of a client, a lawyer shall not make or negotiate an agreement giving the lawyer literary or media rights to a portrayal or account based in substantial part on information relating to the representation.”

That implies that the attorney DOES need to get permission from their client, which surely also implies Casey is getting a cut.

Prior to the conclusion of representation. JB withdrew as her attorney of record when? I'm sure the deal was cut after that....cuz we all know how ethical JB is.

Prior to the conclusion of representation. JB withdrew as her attorney of record when? I'm sure the deal was cut after that....cuz we all know how ethical JB is.

Interesting!

Also:

Jose "dropped" Casey right after she got fake hacked and released her video diary.

Other Cindy Mom left Casey the angry vm after Casey left without saying goodbye, which Radar reported was within days of the video release.

In the voicemail, Other Cindy Mom repeatedly tells Casey to stop listening to Jose and to remove herself from his influence. She kept mentioning Jose which made no sense to me at first.

So it would seem that the book may have something to do with Casey's video release and her abrupt departure from WACO. It looks like Jose's hands are all over it.

Am I making any sense?

Interesting!

Also:

Jose "dropped" Casey right after she got fake hacked and released her video diary.

Other Cindy Mom left Casey the angry vm after Casey left without saying goodbye, which Radar reported was within days of the video release.

In the voicemail, Other Cindy Mom repeatedly tells Casey to stop listening to Jose and to remove herself from his influence. She kept mentioning Jose which made no sense to me at first.

So it would seem that the book may have something to do with Casey's video release and her abrupt departure from WACO. It looks like Jose's hands are all over it.

Am I making any sense?

Oh yes. I never once believed JB and FCA parted ways.

Since he can't divulge any of the truth about Caylee, what does he have to talk about? There are plenty of questions, but I doubt he would answer any of them in his book.
How he was hired before FCA was arrested?
What did he and FCA do during those long days at his office?
Did he tell the PI to report anything found to him rather than the LE?
Why did he need a dream team before Caylee's remains were found?
Was there really licorice involved?
How was he able to get CA and GA on board with the lies?
Was all the mail smuggled in and out on his laptop?
What was the real reason for moving the defense table?

No need to buy the book. If there were a gold nugget hidden somewhere in it, the media would be all over it within the hour of finding it and we would all hear about it from them.

Hello, I stopped by and read the new news here, which isn't really new to us.
If Baez has a book signing and anyone can stomach going, I thought it would be pretty funny if these questions were asked of him. Might be nice to see how much he squirms, stammers and stutters. LOL

Hello, I stopped by and read the new news here, which isn't really new to us.
If Baez has a book signing and anyone can stomach going, I thought it would be pretty funny if these questions were asked of him. Might be nice to see how much he squirms, stammers and stutters. LOL

If he had one and I am not working, I hereby volunteer to take upon my shoulders this daunting task. Anybody that knows me, knows that I have a big mouth and am not afraid to use it. I would also ask him when his negotiations started with the publisher. We already know that he said he had a book in the works when ja released his. Jb did not withdraw as attorney until last month. He couldn't possibly have started this in such a short time. The statute forbidding such action is in this thread. If he answers that it was before he withdrew, any time frame, I will immediately file a complaint with the Florida bar. I even have a cousin that I can call to assist me in the proper wording. I will of course have evidence of his reply in the form of my video phone.

We need a Frye hearing to determine whether the contents of this book meet the sniff test. Dr. Vass won't be needed. We'll just count the flies.

JA's book is in its 2nd or 3rd printing, and he just sold his book writes for a TV movie.

Its been suggested that A's were paid big bucks and a new car for their Dr Phil interview.

Mark Nejame was selected as CNN's new Legal Analyst.

Seems a few folks have made out very well except JB, who spent 3+ years by her side defending her. Add to that, there does not seem to be takers for OCA's "I'm all better now" interview.

What if what also really burned JB was not that JA called him smarmy in his book, but that JA wrote nicely about CA & GA, and that he felt that they were both completely duped by OCA, and where not involved in any way. What is that is not true for one or both of them, and JB can prove it? He'd not be breaking OCA's confidence, and he has none with the A's.

JA's book is in its 2nd or 3rd printing, and he just sold his book writes for a TV movie.

Its been suggested that A's were paid big bucks and a new car for their Dr Phil interview.

Mark Nejame was selected as CNN's new Legal correspondent.

Seems a few folks have made out very well except JB, who spent 3+ years by her side defending her. Add to that, there does not seem to be takers for OCA's "I'm all better now" interview.

What if what also really burned JB was not that JA called him smarmy in his book, but that JA wrote nicely about CA & GA, and that he felt that they were both completely duped by OCA, where not involved in any way and had no idea what really happened. What is that is not true for one or both of them, and JB can prove it? He'd not be breaking OCA's confidence, and he has none with the A's.

Ca would have no problem suing him for slander (or is it libel). If he accuses them of anything without proof outside of what fca told him, he is toast. If he uses what fca told him, he is breaking attorney client privilege. There is nothing he can tell anybody that will change the opinion of the general public, he helped a murderer go free.

Ca would have no problem suing him for slander (or is it libel). If he accuses them of anything without proof outside of what fca told him, he is toast. If he uses what fca told him, he is breaking attorney client privilege. There is nothing he can tell anybody that will change the opinion of the general public, he helped a murderer go free.

There are letters that JB passed between them early on, only they know what they contain - for now. Also, CA & GA met with JB many times - and I don't think their conversations are protected.

JB is a guy who knows a lot of things about a lot of things. I would expect that he would seek council to confirm exactly what he could state in his book - just as JA did.

We need a Frye hearing to determine whether the contents of this book meet the sniff test. Dr. Vass won't be needed. We'll just count the flies.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

BEM: IANAL but if I'm reading this rule correctly, it states that 1) this rule only applies if the client is STILL represented by the lawyer, and 2) this rule doesn't say anything about getting or giving permission.

Can anyone shed light on this and how it could be implied/concluded that JB would need permission from KC (ex-Client) or that this in any way implies she is getting a cut? TIA.

BEM: IANAL but if I'm reading this rule correctly, it states that 1) this rule only applies if the client is STILL represented by the lawyer, and 2) this rule doesn't say anything about getting or giving permission.

Can anyone shed light on this and how it could be implied/concluded that JB would need permission from KC (ex-Client) or that this in any way implies she is getting a cut? TIA.

Hey, whether he rides off on that horse into the sunset, saddle bags full or money, with or without Mrs. FCA, let's just hope he rides.....and rides........and rides......and rides......:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong