What happened to Rebecca Zahau?

What do you think happened to Rebecca Zahau?

• It was a suicide.

Votes: 31 13.1%
  • It was not a suicide.

Votes: 50 21.2%
  • It was a hired hit.

Votes: 22 9.3%
  • It was a murder committed by someone angry about Max's accident.

Votes: 106 44.9%
  • I am unsure of what really happened (on the fence).

Votes: 27 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two persons, of any size, could easily grasp Rebecca (one on either side) and toss her over that balcony railing. A good sized man could do it too. One accustomed to manhandling large items. We recycled some metal recently....the guy lifted the 100# tubs by himself with little effort.

I agree. I also think it would be possible for someone to lift her body and plant her footprints on the balcony edge (closest to the bedroom and then lift her and lean her against the railing and hoist her with a piece of rope from inside the bedroom, leaving the partial toeprints. They are not right next to the railing edge, but back away, which seems to be an odd placement to me.

I have said this before but I think it bears repeating. I am unclear as to why she would not shuffle her bound feet from the first set of footprints to the edge of the balcony railing? Why hop?

It is the same way in my state. While there is a family/friends waiting room close to ICU only 2 can go in at one time to see the patient and it is only for 15 minites about every 2 hours.

IMO

Same here. The only time I have seen that waived is when someone is dying. Then they let everyone in at once to say good-bye. But that's only at my end of the world. Not sure if this is applicable anywhere else.

There are often extenuating experiences. Family flies in from out of state, they will sometimes let in more family members for a short visit in that case.''My Dad had a quintuple bypass several years ago. As soon as he was in his room, they allowed me to go in. After my Mom and brother arrived, they allowed all three of us to be with him.

When I worked in ICU, we would look at each situation individually. The most important aspect, was not to let visitors stay too long, as it is very tiring for the patient to feel they have to visit. When a patient was dying, we would always attempt to be as flexible as possible.

It is the same way in my state. While there is a family/friends waiting room close to ICU only 2 can go in at one time to see the patient and it is only for 15 minites about every 2 hours.

IMO

I think it has everything to do with the various staff needing full access to the patient and the various machines such as ventilator and IV equip that trauma usually entails. Kinda hard to do that when there is a crowd in the room. All ICUs I've ever seen have had large windows so that nurses could view the patient from the nurses' station and that visitors could look through.

JMO

I agree. I also think it would be possible for someone to lift her body and plant her footprints on the balcony edge (closest to the bedroom and then lift her and lean her against the railing and hoist her with a piece of rope from inside the bedroom, leaving the partial toeprints. They are not right next to the railing edge, but back away, which seems to be an odd placement to me.

Did someone or a couple of someones plant her footprints and then lift her and throw her feet first over the balcony railing her head hitting the outer side of that railing on the way down or in the recoil back toward the balcony thereby causing the lacerations on her head? I do not think she hopped, I do not think she got herself by herself over that railing.

Did the police in their Briefing admit that the boot print in the balcony dirt was one of their officers? If they did not this opens up many other possibilities. Thanks in advance for answering.

Did someone or a couple of someones plant her footprints and then lift her and throw her feet first over the balcony railing her head hitting the outer side of that railing on the way down or in the recoil back toward the balcony thereby causing the lacerations on her head? I do not think she hopped, I do not think she got herself by herself over that railing.

Did the police in their Briefing admit that the boot print in the balcony dirt was one of their officers? If they did not this opens up many other possibilities. Thanks in advance for answering.

BBM
Answered in other thread, but I believe they did claim that footprint as belonging to one of their officers, along with much else. Hinky IMO

BBM
Answered in other thread, but I believe they did claim that footprint as belonging to one of their officers, along with much else. Hinky IMO

Yes, they did and they said they had collected those boots from the officer who wore them.

IMO

BBM

LOL I just answered in the other thread too. They confirmed it was one of their officer's boot prints and they also said they recovered the boot. I believe it was in the sheriff dept ppt.

FWIW, my ex and I spent three long days and two even longer nights with our daughter on the Neurology floor at Children's Hospital, San Diego. I remember well how impressed we were with that fine organization.

Kate (who was having a run of seizures we couldn't get control of) was allowed to have both of us stay with her, but we understood and agreed that this privilege was dependent on her medical condition, as determined by the medical staff, and not necessarily her "right", or ours. We did have to wear hospital-issued ID bracelets, and someone on the floor had to "buzz us in" to the locked neurology wing, and we signed in and out (with times) on a form kept at the nurses station.

The nurses were wonderful with Kate, as was her doctor, who spoke directly to her instead of speaking to us about her. It couldn't have been easy, because Kate also has autism, and she had very limited language skills then (less than 100 words). This respectful, inclusive treatment made us all feel less helpless and more capable of doing whatever came next, and I remain as grateful for that kind lesson as for the excellent medical care Kate received there.

Anyway. It's Rady Children's Hospital now, and everything may have changed when the name did, but I hope not.

I voted "not a suicide", but I reserve the right to change my mind.

(((Coastal))),

O/T......I hope Kate is doing well now. Thanks for sharing.

score

(((Coastal))),

O/T......I hope Kate is doing well now. Thanks for sharing.

score
Thank you, scorekeeper! Kate is doing very well indeed! She was five when she was at Children's, and (she should have mentioned) that was thirteen years ago! Kate still has difficult-to-control, idiopathic (we don't know why they happen) and unpredictable seizures, but she has far fewer of them than she used to, and finally there are medicines available that (sort of mostly) prevent seizures that don't slow her brain down so much as the older drugs did. She's happy and active and :eek: she's 18!

:tyou:

I asked on another thread, but does anyone know if the freeways in San Diego have cameras on them. What about the bridge going to and from Coronado? TIA!!

I asked on another thread, but does anyone know if the freeways in San Diego have cameras on them. What about the bridge going to and from Coronado? TIA!!
CalTrans website shows live traffic from these cameras in San Diego:

(http://www.caltrux.org/CHPCaltrans.asp)

Multiple cameras along highway 5
Multiple cameras along highway 8
Multiple cameras along highway 15
Multiple cameras along highway 805

Is this what you are looking for, SunnieRN?

Thank you very much Coastal!!

Does anyone know who the lady at the end of this video is? It was taken at JS PV, AZ home.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4IOuN0pqCA&feature=related"]New details emerging in San Diego mansion death - YouTube[/ame]

Coastal, I see that you updated your post, so double thanks!! :great:

The reason I asked, was to see if there are any cameras that may have recorded the traffic the night that Rebecca died. Iam wondering about traffic between midnight and three am in particular.

Thanks again!!

You can get to Coronado via the bridge , via Imperial Beach over the Strand and via the Coronado Ferry (on foot or with a bicycle) until 9pm week nights. You can also get there from San Diego, via a privately owned boat.

You can get to Coronado via the bridge , via Imperial Beach over the Strand and via the Coronado Ferry (on foot or with a bicycle) until 9pm week nights. You can also get there from San Diego, via a privately owned boat.

Thank you SD!! I am hoping that the bridge records traffic on the bridge. I am afraid that it would be too late to find something from 2 months ago however. Thank you again for the information!!

Thank you SD!! I am hoping that the bridge records traffic on the bridge. I am afraid that it would be too late to find something from 2 months ago however. Thank you again for the information!!

I've googled this and come up with nothing but some cameras set up on the bridge in the 1980's for TV stations to watch traffic LOL. That's all I've found.

I figured this was a long shot at best. Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth