Questions and Answers ONLY with sources!!!

Another question:

Question: IF IF can be charged with desertion, if AWOL (forgot the new term for leaving without permission etc), why not hold the pursuit of until he has reached the desertion time limit of 45 days?

Feel free for comments here, I have abandoned my thought of order of compliance with my original focus, of questions and answers only.

Question: IF IF LE/military already know where is, could they be waiting for the time frame to be right to haul him in for desertion?

Question: Would a charge of desertion apply since he did not disappear on a military field of battle in wartime?

I think there is a possibility of LE knowing exactly where he is NOW, and will nab him when he crosses the border again, what do you all think?

Question: Also now that he has been officially charged, is he fodder for the Bounty Hunters?

Bumping for new questions.

Unauthorized Absence (UA) is the new term, Camper. There is supposed to be a 45 day wait before the charge of UA is upgraded to desertion. HOWEVER, the Marines, in their official announcement, stated that they had charged MARIA with desertion after only a few days, out of some sickeningly false pretence of concern for her baby.

The penalty for desertion is death ONLY IF the United States is in a declared war. Neither Iraq nor Afganistan are declared wars.

DNA DNA DNA results. I want them so bad, just to know if the baby she was carrying was indeed Laurean's. How long should I expect to wait for those results? Or have they been released somewhere and I haven't run across them yet?

I don't think those have been realesed yet because if they were released already that would open up a whole other can of worms!! Oooh if Laurean was this little guy/girls daddy it's going to make this story that much more awful..

DNA DNA DNA results. I want them so bad, just to know if the baby she was carrying was indeed Laurean's. How long should I expect to wait for those results? Or have they been released somewhere and I haven't run across them yet?

Unauthorized Absence (UA) is the new term, Camper. There is supposed to be a 45 day wait before the charge of UA is upgraded to desertion. HOWEVER, the Marines, in their official announcement, stated that they had charged MARIA with desertion after only a few days, out of some sickeningly false pretence of concern for her baby.

The penalty for desertion is death ONLY IF the United States is in a declared war. Neither Iraq nor Afganistan are declared wars.

--->>>Thank you so much. I do think a thread for just questions and good answers is a good idea. Surely WE all care enough to come over with answers for each other, without wading through a ton of chat. I love to chat, but cannot always READ enough to get up to snuff on stuff.

My son just got out of the military - I've been out for several years now. He says there has not been the DP for deserters since WWII. UA is the term 'Unauthorized Absence' for a Marine not showing up to work.

Truly, there is a good reason for them to have charged Maria with desertion out of concern for her.

Service members who are listed as UA will not make it into LE databases and the military does not go looking for them. The service kind of hopes that once soldiers go UA, they will stay out for 45 days, using up their leave and running out their pay. Otherwise, the military is in the position of, when they find them and give them a dishonorable discharge, having to pay them a month's salary, plus any leave accrued, not to mention having to pay them while they are in the brig.

If a member is listed as a deserter, though, they ARE entered into LE databases. The military still won't go out and look for them, but if they are stopped by the police, their ID is flagged, the military is notified, and they are held until the military can pick them up. Being charged as a deserter was really the only way the military had to locate Maria.

Our military is not allowed by law to go out into the civilian parts of the U.S. and search for people. As my husband says, "It's Posse Comitatus, baby."

Is it normal to plant flowers in Dec.?

I live in the SE so I can tell you no, it's not normal to plant flowers in Dec. Many people in the SE plants bulbs in the fall and some trees and shrubs can be planted in winter, but not flowers.

Is it policy for the military to notify LE of the restraining order that Maria filed against Laurean?

Did they violate policy by not doing that?

Is it true that a state official has oppointed a public defender for Laurean even though he as not been arrested and he has hired three attorneys on his own and that the local DA said it was, "highly unusual?"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back