GZ Case - Defense Perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.nejamelaw.com/mark-nejam...ifies-herself-from-george-zimmerman-case.html

Recksiedler said last week that she would entertain motions to disqualify her from the trial because her husband is a law partner of Mark NeJame's. Zimmerman approached NeJame about representing him. NeJame is now a CNN contributor, providing analysis on this case.

Nothing to do with race.

You know factually that Mr. NeJame was called by CNN prior to being called by Mr. Zimmerman? Mind if I ask for a source? I already knew that she informed the litigants that her husband was involved with CNN, and I knew that Mr. O'Mara requested her to recuse herself. That doesn't tell me that he was with CNN when Mr. Zimmerman called him long ago though.

Of what, the insurance bizz?

I don't know. Looked up tattoo's and that was listed as a gang tattoo. That combined with the Myspace page is curious.

Am not tattooed but had a comedy/tragedy necklace as a thespian many years ago. Could be George is a drama hound. Do not know.

Not sure where this should go, but Piers Morgan has Mark NeJame on now with an "exclusive" photo. It's a picture of Zimmerman's great-grandfather, who is black, and his grandmother, who is half-black and Latina. NeJame explained how he came by the photo, but I didn't really understand what he said (guessing someone in the family gave it to him or to someone else who passed it on).

Not really very newsy, but for anyone interested, I think the show re-airs at midnight ET, and I'm guessing CNN will at some point have the photo up on the website.
This is not evidence but the Defense now has Mark NeJames showing off a picture, of a dark skinned older man, with an adult medium complected women holding a dark-skinned baby. Nejames,explains that the man in the photo, "...Is supposedly George Zimmerman's great grandfather and that his grandmother is half black."

Well, first of all, I wonder if the race of his great grandfather and or grandmother had ever been discussed before GZ got himself into trouble. Also, we don't even know if GZ ever met his great grandfather. And finally, with this being a Black & White photo, it doesn't even look like a black man. He looks like a dark-skinned Latin American with Native Indian Heritage.

Just a little anecdote, In 1927 a man was born to an Irish, French and Danish mixed mother whose father was said to be "Irish." This was in Virginia, when Virginians still were considered Southern and this man's paternal grandfather served as a high ranking Civil War Soldier. The man's sister is a current member of the DAR.

Well, it would be discovered through genealogy that the Irish grandfather was actually half Cherokee Indian. The man and one of his sisters as well as one of his daughters were extremely dark complected. At the first exposure to the Spring sunshine they all got very dark and very fast. The man and his sister refused to accept that they were 1/8 American Indian. Even when it was obvious that neither of them had the features or completion of a true Anglo or Caucasian.

The fear was mirrored by the fact he and his siblings believed that "everyone knows that the Indians mixed with blacks." The man and his sisters and even their grandfather would not discuss, admit, even entertain the thought that they came from brown or God Forbid black bloodlines. The man and his siblings were openly bigoted.

The point of this sad story:

People can still be bigots even when their ancestors are people of color. Within Latin American, Black and other ethnic groups there has long been prejudice toward the darker complected peoples of their respective cultures. This is evident in Italian and Middle Eastern and Far Eastern Cultures as well.

In the above example, even when there was proof of an American Indian heritage...the family members denied it. In the process, they denied three generations their right to Indian reparations (Free College Education, etc.)

So, even if GZ is 1/8 black that does not preclude him from being a racist or a bigot. Of this, I am absolutely certain.

You know factually that Mr. NeJame was called by CNN prior to being called by Mr. Zimmerman? Mind if I ask for a source? I already knew that she informed the litigants that her husband was involved with CNN, and I knew that Mr. O'Mara requested her to recuse herself. That doesn't tell me that he was with CNN when Mr. Zimmerman called him long ago though.
Why does it matter? According to MN, he called Trayvon's family lawyer and MOM, to inform them of his connection with CNN and the judge. MOM asked the judge to recuse herself, everyone knew it was coming.

He did the professional thing. Don't always agree with his talking points, but I believe he is honorable.

I agree, Just K. It isn't proof of any mindset, one way or the other. Just mentioned it because it was the first new thing I'd seen in recent days. My guess is NeJame figured out how to get some face time with the photo by letting PM have it as an "exclusive."

Thought I would start a thread to discuss the case from the perspective of the defense. Debate and discussion encouraged, but the purpose of this thread is to keep an open mind to the possibility that GZs story is accurate, and may have been acting in self defense.

I'm waiting for some discovery to be released before I can say for sure that GZ acted in self-defense when he shot Trayvon. Using the evidence that we have seen so far tells me that he could have.

I believe that the defense can show reasonable doubt of murder 2 if this goes to trial with what we know of now. JMO.

Why does it matter? According to MN, he called Trayvon's family lawyer and MOM, to inform them of his connection with CNN and the judge. MOM asked the judge to recuse herself, everyone knew it was coming.

He did the professional thing. Don't always agree with his talking points, but I believe he is honorable.

That's not what I was talking about or what I asked. What I asked had NOTHING to do with a judge recusing herself. It was about Mr. NeJame, CNN and Mr. Zimmerman. No one else.

GZ is not charged with a hate crime, so why are we bringing up the old picture? Seems to be baiting the race issue again.

GZ is charged with profiling, not RACIAL profiling.

JMO

By "we," I hope you don't mean me (I made the original post about the segment). I simply thought anything new might be appreciated, regardless which side one may fall on.

The Defense and Zimmerman side keeps bringing up the race issue.

They do? Sounds like a discussion for the "Sound Off" thread.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=484"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

By "we," I hope you don't mean me (I made the original post about the segment). I simply thought anything new might be appreciated, regardless which side one may fall on.

Oh no. I didn't mean YOU. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :blushing: Race keeps being brought up, time and time again. "We" have been told to take it downstairs to discuss, although some keep bringing it up here.

I don't understand why it keeps being brought up here, GZ isn't charged with a hate crime. :waitasec:

oh right, because Rev Sharpton, and Rev Jackson and Mr Crump, a civil rights attorney---none of them have been bringing up the 'race issue.' No, not at all.

The Defense is trying to sway public opinion before, what I suspect they know, more damning information is revealed in discovery. It is my opinion, this is one of the motivations behind delaying the discovery...well, that and taking or raking in the defense dollars, before they lose any prospective supporters.

Mark Nejames brought it up tonight. That is why we are talking about it tonight :)

Thank You Sherbie for bringing the CNN episode and NeJames Consult to our attention. It is only fair to point out when either side uses this tactic.

The Defense is trying to sway public opinion before, what I suspect they know, more damning information is revealed in discovery. It is my opinion, this is one of the motivations behind delaying the discovery...well, that and taking or raking in the defense dollars, before they lose any prospective supporters.

If you ask me, they're trying to neutralize the "sway" that was made by the people with the agenda.

Oh no. I didn't mean YOU. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :blushing: Race keeps being brought up, time and time again. "We" have been told to take it downstairs to discuss, although some keep bringing it up here.

I don't understand why it keeps being brought up here, GZ isn't charged with a hate crime. :waitasec:

Whew! Thank you! :hug:

Well, there are a ton of people just like me who never heard a single speech, rally, or sermon by the Christian ministers or American politicians who brought this story to light. There are millions of people who feel that an unarmed teen was shot by a man with an agenda. My only agenda is to make certain that both perspectives or angles get equal exposure and discussion.

If you ask me, they're trying to neutralize the "sway" that was made by the people with the agenda.

That and, when I see CNN or similar running a piece that is even slightly favorable to Zimmerman, it occurs to me that they may sense or know that the tide has turned. Those who have seriously questioned the inital hardcore media spin have been so focused on playing defense, I think it's been forgotten that the best defense is usually a good offense. Now I'm wondering whether the news agencies who most actively ran the uninformed smear campaign against George are looking at the big picture and checking their policy limits. I also wonder what they know...now. jmo

Well, there are a ton of people just like me who never heard a single speech, rally, or sermon by the Christian ministers or American politicians who brought this story to light. There are millions of people who feel that an unarmed teen was shot by a man with an agenda. My only agenda is to make certain that both perspectives or angles get equal exposure and discussion.

I think the President of the United States of America seemingly taking a side on television kind destroyed all hopes of that.

That and, when I see CNN or similar running a piece that is even slightly favorable to Zimmerman, it occurs to me that they may sense or know that the tide has turned. Those who have seriously questioned the inital hardcore media spin have been so focused on playing defense, I think it's been forgotten that the best defense is usually a good offense. Now I'm wondering whether the news agencies who most actively ran the uninformed smear campaign against George are looking at the big picture and checking their policy limits. I also wonder what they know...now. jmo

Probably a wise decision. I know people have reported that Mr. O'Mara isn't working pro-bono anymore, but I've stated a few times on the facebook page that I felt he WAS still pro-bono for defense, but not the OTHER suits that follow. Both times I've posted that they weren't deleted... kinda makes me go "hmmm."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member