The message on the door

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoguhts exactly. To add to what you have said.... this is one more laborious thing, along with the complicated rope tying scenario, that we are expected to believe she did (along with typing herself that way and then hoping out to the railing and heaving herself over!).

I don't believe being an artist makes one think they want to paint words either although I don't know what kind of art Rebecca did. This all sounds like some kind of silly staging to me to make it look like Rebecca did it (so maybe I will have to go back on my previous thoughts that this was just a murder and instead say it was a murder staged to look like a suicide - still thinking on that one). The staging or whatever looks to us to provide some kind of proof it was suicide, but it would be easy to set-up really and I think 'silly' because we are to believe that since she was an artist she would leave a note in paint on the door.

I've thought from the beginning someone used threats or a gun to get her to do some things and still think that's very probable. I'm still not convinced she even went over that balcony.

Was there paint found on the shirt tied around her neck and in her mouth?

If she tried to make her death look like a murder and tried to obscure the writer of the message, why wouldn't she clean her hands and remove the black paint? The black paint was on her right hand, her collar bone, her breast, and the rope on her neck. To me, it looks like someone else wrote the note and went over his/her way to show Rebecca was the author. Who would be so messy to have paint over so many different body parts after writing a message?

Time, you can see above where paint WAS found, but not on the shirt. Seems impossible, does it not? I wonder if there was any paint on the black latex glove, taken into evidence.

That is a theory, but not a very popular one here.

Well, IMO, it's not very logical. It's more reasonable to think that someone other than Rebecca wrote it, in block letters to try to hide the fact that it wasn't Rebecca who wrote it.

Time, you can see above where paint WAS found, but not on the shirt. Seems impossible, does it not? I wonder if there was any paint on the black latex glove, taken into evidence.

Thanks ... I'm thinking someone seriously has to do a complete crime scene recreation here! Did we ever find out where her clothes were and what shower they are claiming she used? Good question about the glove.

]If she tried to make her death look like a murder and tried to obscure the writer of the message, why wouldn't she clean her hands and remove the black paint?[/B] The black paint was on her right hand, her collar bone, her breast, and the rope on her neck. To me, it looks like someone else wrote the note and went over his/her way to show Rebecca was the author. Who would be so messy to have paint over so many different body parts after writing a message?

Great question. I don't think any of this makes sense as far as a suicide note or final message. And, I can't see her painting that message naked either unless someone made her do it.

exactly...and even more curious...she had no paint on the rope bindings on her wrists and ankles...so is that to say that she was already bound --both hands and feet and hopped over to the guest room door, precisely squirted paint from the tube to the paintbrush and crafted her final words on to the door before hopping with the precision of a gymnast to the balcony and over the side?

Kind of makes one dizzy to twist things around far enough to believe any of this! :crazy:

It almost sounds like someone, who ultimately murdered Rebecca, wanted Jonah to suffer the loss of someone he loved. His target: the beloved Max. Max is attacked and left for dead, but Max didn't die, because "she saved him". So, she will die in his place, unless "you", Jonah, can save her (which he obviously could not).

I know it sounds like something out of a bad novel, but nothing else makes any sense of the words for me.

Who would want to cause Jonah such pain, and why?

yes, indeed ... or to twist it another way, who was he involved with that would want his other `distractions`out of the way and could that someone be a trusted member of the inner circle

Thanks ... I'm thinking someone seriously has to do a complete crime scene recreation here! Did we ever find out where her clothes were and what shower they are claiming she used? Good question about the glove.

And another question I've had for months. I posted this sometime in July and has it EVER been determined what the actual message was? Some say "Can You save her" and some say "Can He save her". I think the sister stated on TV that it was "Can HE save her". It really does have two different meanings in my mind.

And another question I've had for months. I posted this sometime in July and has it EVER been determined what the actual message was? Some say "Can You save her" and some say "Can He save her". I think the sister stated on TV that it was "Can HE save her". It really does have two different meanings in my mind.

For whatever reason police decided not to show us the message itself. I mean, we saw the naked body on the ground, do police think seeing the message is going to harm us somehow? The case is closed, so they can't really explain it by trying to preserve evidence. Why have they not shown us the actual message?

I was wondering that also... the family/their attorney said the coroner made a mistake and it was 'he'. Seems pretty direct and succinct!

Well, IMO, it's not very logical. It's more reasonable to think that someone other than Rebecca wrote it, in block letters to try to hide the fact that it wasn't Rebecca who wrote it.

oh, well thank you for your opinion.

1.) I did some measurements, and assumed that most doors are of standard height. judging from the height of the message above the floor, it more or less eye-level with a 5'8" to 6 foot person (the average height of the american male is 5'9". )So theres a fair chance it was painted at eye-level by a tall female or a man of around 5'8" or taller.

2.) the fingerprint of rebecca on the door does not mean anything except to indicate she was in the house(thats obvious). she could have done it or the perp could have held rebecca's finger to leave fingerprint on the door.

3.) one reason i can think of for using block style is to camouflage the perp's handwriting.

I don't think the height at which the message is written means anything.
The reason for this I believe is as follows: the door has panels. It's not flat. Whoever wrote the message would need space to write a message, so it's written on a large panel as opposed to the small panel below it. So it could have been written by a tall person or a short person-it really doesn't tell anything about the height of a person writing it.

the uniformity of the thickness of the strokes might give an indication if the message was written by a short or tall person. for example, if there is an undue thickness towards the bottom, the message might have been written by a shorter person.

I don't think the height at which the message is written means anything.
The reason for this I believe is as follows: the door has panels. It's not flat. Whoever wrote the message would need space to write a message, so it's written on a large panel as opposed to the small panel below it. So it could have been written by a tall person or a short person-it really doesn't tell anything about the height of a person writing it.

I was waiting for someone to say that. With the information publicly available to me, I can only theorize to the best of my ability. . . With the facts on hand. I'm ok with waiting on more information that will clear things up. I like to think I'm open to changing my theory should new info come out.

I its interesting that two versions of the note have been given since it could be because people are so emotionally overwhelmed by this tragedy they aren't able to think as clearly.

I also wonder if her handwriting on the door would be that similar to her writing on paper. I've been in an overwhelming situation and I remember trembling so horribly that I could hardly write let alone think clearly. I can understand it being easier to writing in caps since they're mostly straight lines with very fewer rounded strokes.

I wonder if she held the brush perpendicular to the door, or slanted like we hold a pen when writing on paper.

I its interesting that two versions of the note have been given since it could be because people are so emotionally overwhelmed by this tragedy they aren't able to think as clearly.

I also wonder if her handwriting on the door would be that similar to her writing on paper. I've been in an overwhelming situation and I remember trembling so horribly that I could hardly write let alone think clearly. I can understand it being easier to writing in caps since they're mostly straight lines with very fewer rounded strokes.

I wonder if she held the brush perpendicular to the door, or slanted like we hold a pen when writing on paper.

If RN was so horribly trembling how did she manage to bind her hands, feet, make a noose, put it on her neck, gag herself with a shirt, figure out exactly how much rope she was going to need for a long drop without ending up on the ground, and manage to get over the balcony railing with hands and feet bound?

The message on the door reminds me of Chris Coleman (murderer of wife and two sons) who spray-painted "I told you this would happen" on the wall, and of Jeffrey McDonald (murderer of wife, two daughters, unborn child) who wrote "pig" on the headboard of the bed. It is an over-used, amateurish attempt to make a murder look like it was committed by a crazed psycho-killer.

The message on the door reminds me of Chris Coleman (murderer of wife and two sons) who spray-painted "I told you this would happen" on the wall, and of Jeffrey McDonald (murderer of wife, two daughters, unborn child) who wrote "pig" on the headboard of the bed. It is an over-used, amateurish attempt to make a murder look like it was committed by a crazed psycho-killer.

You make a really good point.

That is a fascinating POV, thanks for adding that. I didn't think about it, but when you put it in that light, it is sort of "Mason-family-esque."

I can see someone possibly putting it there not as a suicide note, but to make RZ look like she might have been distraught to the point of insanity at the time of her death.

I read an article written by Anne Bremner today that I can't find to link to for the life of me! Anyhow in the article I noticed that AB quotes the "suicide note" as reading: She save him, can you save her? It may just have been a typo to leave off the "ed" at the end of the first "saved" BUT the possibility occurred to me that perhaps Rebecca spoke English as a second language and if so maybe she made the common mistake of misusing verbs and sometimes saying the present tense when she meant the past or future. If that is the case and Anne Bremner's article is correct then I read the "suicide note" as having a very mocking tone. As in making fun of Rebecca for not speaking English correctly.

Even when I first read the wording of the "suicide note" I wondered if this was a reference to something Jonah possibly had said to Dina. If I heard from my ex-husband with whom I had had an ugly divorce that he felt that his new girlfriend had "saved him" - well that comment might rankle! If I then lost my only child in a horrific way while under the new girlfriend's watch and I then murdered her to get revenge on my ex-husband...well "She save him, can you save her?" might be just what I would say out of spite.

Found it: http://womenincrimeink.blogspot.com/2011/09/more-questions-than-answers-justice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo