Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they had been fighting more leading up to that night and not having the kids home it probably got more out of control.

Girls at sleepover so no reason not to have a barney and it goes overboard. panicks and the rest a guess.
also someone said earlier post where are the girls. my info is they are with him in the Brookfield house all barricaded up.heard one of ABC friends went to police about way they are living and child services MIGHT be getting involved.

I think they had been fighting more leading up to that night and not having the kids home it probably got more out of control.

Yes that's what I think too...there's been so many members mentioning DV you'd think there'd have to be even just a little bit of truth to them.

I think police had probably been to that house in the past....as you said, it got more out of control on the Thursday night.... & I think neighbours reported it.

This might be a silly comment, but could QPS have been delaying the release of COD to prevent any lodgement of insurance claims? As we know, they have had the tox results since Monday, therefore they must be able to confirm how she died. I would assume that without the cause of death, you wouldn't be able to lodge any financial claims over any of her assets/bank accounts/insurance, etc.

I'm sorry to go on about the two family cars sightings business......but how does the NBC being picked up at the roundabout theory tie in with the family cars being sighted at Anstead etc?

GBC panicks and calls daddy. GBC has accomplice in the car picks up daddy and goes to brookfield house picks up other car with body and goes to dump body.

Thats ok..I do plenty of typos! As I said I have heard differently regarding the computer coming from area close to investigations. Wonder whether he would have had time to get an expert in to wipe the computer given when the computers were seized, and unless it was a friend who was covering(IF GBC is perp).. you'd think they would report to QPS they had been asked to wipe the computer. Given this would likely have happened after Allison had been reported missing and the media had started covering the case. Just my thoughts.

Just catching up here. If GBC had taken legal advice very early on,as has been mentioned several threads ago, then he may well have been advised to wipe everything from his computer and this could explain why they were wiped when the police seized the computers some days later.

In an earlier thread it was also mentioned that Allison would have GBC help her with her computer problems when at flight centre. Perhaps he is a little more tech savvy than a normal user.

I only say this because I asked our IT guys can they retrieve info from a wiped or destroyed HDD and they said generally yes, it takes time and if you know what you are doing. GBC may well have known what he was doing. I believe he did some computing studies at uni (again as reported earlier)
MOO

Just catching up here. If GBC had taken legal advice very early on,as has been mentioned several threads ago, then he may well have been advised to wipe everything from his computer and this could explain why they were wiped when the police seized the computers some days later.

In an earlier thread it was also mentioned that Allison would have GBC help her with her computer problems when at flight centre. Perhaps he is a little more tech savvy than a normal user.

I only say this because I asked our IT guys can they retrieve info from a wiped or destroyed HDD and they said generally yes, it takes time and if you know what you are doing. GBC may well have known what he was doing. I believe he did some computing studies at uni (again as reported earlier)
MOO

During this period, Allison met Gerard, who was the national manager for 24 Hour Flights.

He offered to fix her computer and she sheepishly admitted to having lots of computer problems.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2012/05/04/happy-and-successful-a-portrait-of-allison/

MOO

I very much doubt that any lawyer would be advising a client to get rid of potential evidence!!

This might be a silly comment, but could QPS have been delaying the release of COD to prevent any lodgement of insurance claims? As we know, they have had the tox results since Monday, therefore they must be able to confirm how she died. I would assume that without the cause of death, you wouldn't be able to lodge any financial claims over any of her assets/bank accounts/insurance, etc.

dont you think the strangling thing is valid, thats why they are quizzing the hairdresser about marks on the neck etc. I thought tox results only eliminated foreign substances like poison and overdoses of medication etc. MOO dont know

Yeah - agree! certainly looks that way IF scratches etc prior to Thurs night.
Not that I'm feisty, or have a temper - I would probably lash out! As a female, I would scratch, bite, slap. If this had happened in the days prior to Thursday, the lid comes off that night! Gerard snaps.....

JMO

Yes that's what I think too...there's been so many members mentioning DV you'd think there'd have to be even just a little bit of truth to them.

I think police had probably been to that house in the past....as you said, it got more out of control on the Thursday night.... & I think neighbours reported it.

I think there is a lot of truth to the DV discussions, but I have a feeling they were not reported to the police. IMO

I was confused reading that one too, and still have no idea whether it refers to the Wednesday or the Thursday night that Olivia spoke to Allison.

Not sure it makes a difference or not, apart from her saying she seemed fine, but then why did she she also mention that Allison was depressed, in another news segment?

quote=Woombite - Ok - I think OW spoke with Allison on WED night. She didnt indicate that she was her usual sweet self that night - but reference was made to a conversation prior to that.
WHAT IF - cops were called to a domestic disturbance on the WED night?? -Maybe OW spoke with her just before that disturbance, or maybe after. Hence the quick action by police when she was reported missing on Friday morning? Just speculation
.Link below:
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...226338290711&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13384404973483

Hi Woombite, and thanks, but that article still confuses me as far as the day goes. To me it depends whether Olivia is saying Allison disappeared on Thursday night, or Friday morning, so speaking to her the night before could be either the Wednesday or the Thursday night. I'm probably not making sense lol

"I spoke to her the night before she disappeared on Thursday night and she seemed fine," she said."

"I saw her last week and she seemed normal, delightful - her normal, easygoing, beautiful-natured, thoughtful, kind-hearted self."

Hard to tell without any punctuation, kind of like the whole sleepover confusion weeks ago lol.

I'm not really buying into the police possibly turning up earlier than reported (either earlier Thursday night or even Wednesday night) due to call about possible DV, mainly because IF they had, and IF GBC is the main perp, he's surely not going to kill Allison a day or so later and think he could get away with it?

And IF it was some random killer, that would just seem way too much of a coincidence that she would be murdered a day after her husband has been questioned by police.

JMO though.

dont you think the strangling thing is valid, thats why they are quizzing the hairdresser about marks on the neck etc. I thought tox results only eliminated foreign substances like poison and overdoses of medication etc. MOO dont know

At this stage, any method is feasible, however I am inclined to believe that it may have been some sort of trauma to the head during DV. Obviously, she was not medicated or poisoned, but we just have to keep speculating until the police released the COD. IMO and speculating only.

MOO

Thanks. I thought Police seized or search a computer on day 1- same as the cars(I am not 100% certain). The bit of info I heard was that there were searches or legal advise sought via the computer Thurs night. Take what you will of that- but put it this way if this is true the QPS would have that info. In which case this info was still able to be found on the hard drive..how that would be found if so I don't know- if computer was 'scrubbed clean'. In anycase as Possomheart said, obviously not all info was wiped as GBC went to the Indro Police to collect photos off the computer in the lead up to Allisons funeral.

I very much doubt that any lawyer would be advising a client to get rid of potential evidence!!

they would have been wiped before he engaged the lawyer. i am sure QPS took computers before he cot the lawyer.

She just said that the dog was running down to the fence - the area that backs onto the BC house. It was dark though and she's older (but switched on) and so she didn't go down there to investigate. It's only a small dog, gets yappy when it hears things but otherwise it's a lapdog type of pet. But it's quite bushy between the two houses so she assumed the dog was going after a bush turkey or something, but when the other neighbours told her that they heard an argument she put two and two together.
ZOOKYLIZ: Thanks for that information. Could you ask the neighbour what time this happened? Was she letting the dog out for routine toileting? Did she let the dog out because it was going berserk? Does she know what time of the evening this happened?
Could be important to this case.

At this stage, any method is feasible, however I am inclined to believe that it may have been some sort of trauma to the head during DV. Obviously, she was not medicated or poisoned, but we just have to keep speculating until the police released the COD. IMO and speculating only.

yeh but seems to be alot of QPS interest in whether she had marks on her neck or not when she was at the hairdresser. questioned witness told my informant 2 weeks ago she was strangled. just putting it up there.MOO

they would have been wiped before he engaged the lawyer. i am sure QPS took computers before he cot the lawyer.

I know, but I was responding to a comment by Pugsandfrogs regarding legal advise to delete computer data. Pugs comments relate to another rumour that indicated the husband may have had legal advise before QPS arrived at the house, but we don't know if that is true.

I am not sure what you are differing on? I said I was unsure if stuff could be retrieved after it had been wiped. I know if the average Jo Blow just deletes stuff- its not gone and easily recovered. I was not sure if you are a tech wizz whether there is a way to completely wipe with no trace I thought there may be, but, In any case I think QPS would have access to experts to be able to do any of that if its possible(retrieve).

But I believe- and am no expert, that it is possible to wipe and have no trace of it..if you know how

This is what I was begging to differ on UT, as I thought a trace was left behind and it could be traced by some IT folk who charge a lot of money per hour to retrieve it. This is my understanding.

However, Indromum has posted that in the Sica case, the QPS could not retrieve the data he deleted from his computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow