TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they were having a party and not watching television in the bedroom?

I can easily see how the baby could have been missing for awhile because there was so much activity in the house that everyone assumes he is somewhere else.

The mom, who is 8 months pregnant, was watching Toy Story in her bedroom WITH the little boy, who was coming and going from the room. It sounds to me like she was trying to get him down to sleep.

In another bedroom her father, the grandfather and his girlfriend were watching another toddler, and apparently the boy was also going in and out form that room.

In the living room the father had 6 or so friends over to watch a BBAll game on tv. The boy was coming and going from that room as well. That sounds exactly like something my kids would do at that age as well. My son fell into a jacuzzi when he was 2 because there were so many people watching him, that nobody kept track. Luckily my husband saw it in time to grab him instantly.

When the boy did not come back to watch Toy Story his mom went to look for him and that is when he was found to be missing. Sounds consistent to me.

There was one friend of husbands who left to get something and came back. He was there when kid was found to be missing. But that doesnt mean he hadnt stashed him somewhere already. kwim?

I was just scrolling through the photos and something stood out...There is a pic of little Joshua and his mom is holding him...he's wearing a flannel shirt--the date on the photo does not seem reght--maybe it's an older pic. How old do you think he is in that photo??

Ok according to the date on that particular photo...he wasn't born yet......the camera must have had the wrong data .

I know what you mean, and I agree, but I've also got to say this. Many years ago, maybe a hundred or more, children, babies, were thought of as little people, little men or little women. They are not. They are little children, babies, without the experiences, brain development, physical development of men and women. They are children, not little men or women. The thinking they were small versions of men and women was what caused them to be employed for 10-12 hours a day in mills and factories.

Sorry, I don't mean to dump on you, but this phraseology has been really bothering me for quite some time. They are children. Forgive me, please.

My gut instinct is that he made it to Klein Rd where someone hit him, panicked, picked him up and took him off somewhere.

This is very possible or someone could of seen him walking by himself along the street and thought he wasn't being watched or cared for and just picked him up. I'm hoping this is what happened because that would mean he could still be alive, safe and returned to his parents. I know not very realistic, just trying to find some sort of hope that he's still alive. I don't know what to think at this point and the alternatives are just heartbreaking. This is so sad. :(

Praying for you little cutie

I know what you mean, and I agree, but I've also got to say this. Many years ago, maybe a hundred or more, children, babies, were thought of as little people, little men or little women. They are not. They are little children, babies, without the experiences, brain development, physical development of men and women. They are children, not little men or women. The thinking they were small versions of men and women was what caused them to be employed for 10-12 hours a day in mills and factories.

Sorry, I don't mean to dump on you, but this phraseology has been really bothering me for quite some time. They are children. Forgive me, please.

cute little baby=cute little man it is just a turn of phrase... no offense meant... and surly no throw back to the old days before child labor laws....

also... here was something interesting in this article:

The search for missing tot Joshua Davis Jr. intensified Tuesday.
At 2:30 p.m., a Department of Public Safety helicopter appeared and began hovering behind the house, located in a mobile home community on the town's far south side.
And at the same time, a white truck pulled up in the driveway of the home where the 18-month-old disappeared Friday night.
Investigators got out, went to the backyard, and returned a few minutes later carrying a large item or items, wrapped in black plastic, and loaded the bundle into the back of the truck and drove off. The helicopter made a few larger circles around the neighborhood before leaving.
Josh Davis, the boy's father, did not know what police gathered, nor did he speak with the investigators.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...rch-for-missing-tot-1003212.php#ixzz1DPN0dogb

eta: for sensitivity I changed my post to "baby"...

Could he have climbed into a dryer, abandoned freezer, or car trunk? Fallen into a well?

Since the dogs could trace no scent he likely didn't walk away. Poor little guy. I hope they find him.

See, here's the issue. There is scent. There is either a walking trail, a carrying trail, a car trail, or a dead trail, there's something though. Well, unless aliens took him and he went poof into the sky....

Thank you for posting this... From that same link:

Investigators got out, went to the backyard, and returned a few minutes later carrying a large item or items, wrapped in black plastic, and loaded the bundle into the back of the truck and drove off. The helicopter made a few larger circles around the neighborhood before leaving.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...rch-for-missing-tot-1003212.php#ixzz1DPPax6kr

:no:

IF it's this precious child, I still think there's foul play. The father said he didn't know what they carried away. Sounds like evidence of some sort...? Seems like they would have clued him in if it were something more "innocent"?

Let's don't jump to conclusions.

It was probably stuff they pulled out of the home, like bed linen, toys, etc for DNA testing.

If it were Joshua, wouldn't they have called in the medical examiner or coroner to examine him and then transported him in an ambulance or a hearse?

This quote from the same article bothers me.

"Cadaver dogs could not pick up the boy's scent in the yard, Benitez said, which she interpreted as another indication the boy was abducted."

CADAVER (HRD) dogs would not pick up a "living" scent of the boy. I think they used the wrong types of dogs. Those types would only be useful if the boy was already dead in the house or yard.

Correct me if I'm wrong Sarx, I've been trying to pay attention and learn!

ETA.......NM, you beat me to it LOL!

Thank you for posting this... From that same link:

:no:

IF it's this precious child, I still think there's foul play. The father said he didn't know what they carried away. Sounds like evidence of some sort...?

I admit I reacted to the 'bundle' - but it couldn't be little Joshua, right? LE doesn't get to just pick up a body & remove from the scene.

So there's still hope, however slight it may be.

I keep hearing people talk about how cold, icy & snowy it was Friday night. While there was ice and snow it is not like many might think. We talked the snow up because it had been 26 years since snow had stuck to the ground in New Braunfels. There was snow on the ground, but it did not cover everyone's yards or grass and most of it was thawed by noon on Friday morning. Even before then all the ice had melted off the roads. So, if he had gone out into that cold night, which I tend to think is not what happened, he would not have been trudging through snow and ice.

Also, someone looked up the trash schedule and talked about the toddler crawling into a trash container and getting stuck. New Braunfels Utilities provides 96 gallon trash bins that are simply too tall for an 18-month-old to climb into and if it was on its side the trash company would not pick them up because they have very strict rules about how the bins have to be upright and in a certain position for the truck with the mechanical arm to pick them up.

Also, a while back in the forum someone mentioned being concerned about where the divers searching the ponds were from. New Braunfels has tons of well-trained divers trained in search and rescue since NB is a water recreation town. I am certain the divers used for this endeaver were professionals.

I really don't think, although I'm no expert, if he were found they would just take him in a pickup truck....unless you're thinking they found something else..

If they found him, would they pick him up quickly and leave? Wouldn't they call the coroner, rope off scene, etc???

Helicopters would be able to spot things in the grass/weeds/brush that searchers may miss. If it was a child, the LE would be all over the scene. Maybe it was an item of clothing that caught their attention?

I wish we had someone on the scene who could tweet or email out some messages or pictures of what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd