AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in the Mobile area and it is as good if not a better place to live than some. Most people here are nice. I know that the family would welcome another member of Team Brittney!! We have to find out the truth and keep pushing LE to do what's right by her.

I have called the MPD (Mobile Police Department) and the NCMEC (National Center for Missing and Exploited Children) while others have contacted the ABI (Alabama Bureau of Investigations) and the ALPSD (ALabama Public Safety Department). The NCMEC can not do anything until LE flags Brittney's entry with the NCIC. The ABI and ALPSD have both said that they have offered their assistance, free of charge, to help the MPD in the search for Brittney but the MPD has not accepted their offer. Because of jurisdiction protocols the ABI and ALPSD will not get involved unless asked to do so by the investigating agency.

After becoming more involved, I can see why this family is so frustrated. It appears, and I am a big advocate for LE, that LE has dropped the ball on this one, for whatever reason. That may change tomorrow, in which case I will eat my shorts, but it seems that LE's lackadaisical attitude, only doing what is absolutely necessary, surrounding Brittney's disappearance could be jeopardising the truth from ever being known.

The ABI and ALPSD offered Mobile Police assistance and the Mobile Police refused????? What a nightmare for this poor family!!! Omg, this is terrifying. You should post this info on BW hometown search FB page or let one of the Mobile news station know. I'm sure they might be interested into asking Mobile Police why they refused assistance. And I know the public (including myself) would love to know why! As I stated previously, this case needs to be followed for so many reason and one of them is to ensure everyone is performing their necessary responsibilities. Bless your heart for putting so much time and effort into this case. You're an angel to BW family.

The ABI and ALPSD offered Mobile Police assistance and the Mobile Police refused????? What a nightmare for this poor family!!! Omg, this is terrifying. You should post this info on BW hometown search FB page or let one of the Mobile news station know. I'm sure they might be interested into asking Mobile Police why they refused assistance. And I know the public (including myself) would love to know why! As I stated previously, this case needs to be followed for so many reason and one of them is to ensure everyone is performing their necessary responsibilities. Bless your heart for putting so much time and effort into this case. You're an angel to BW family.

There are others doing way more than I could ever hope to do. Just glad to do my part, as we all are and should be in whatever capacity we can. Like I said, I'm a father and I know how I would feel if this was happening to me. We have got to keep her story fresh and the pressure on until we find out the truth.

It is common practice for a higher agency to offer assistance to a more local agency during a case like this. I am not sure how many times that local agency has refused free help. MPD may not want a higher agency involved in their affairs, understandably so, but they have been investigating Brittney's disappearance for over a month now and say they are just as frustrated by the lack of clues but have ignored help and fresh eyes from other agencies that have offered? Am I missing something here?

It has been said that DH was on Oxycontin for "his back," and that selling drugs was something that he had in common with BW, according to Zeaux. I wonder if she was meeting up with the person she texted (the last ping in Grand Bay) to sell them some Oxys she'd gotten from Uncle Donnie. The friend she texted was so high that night that they don't remember anything...they could've met up with her at the truck stop, and could have even dropped her off somewhere else.

She could have traded DH the gun for pills. But why would DH want a .25? It does make more sense, unfortunately, that something bad happened to Brittney and that's why he had the gun.

One thing that confused me was how LE said that DH killed himself around the same time that Brittney's phone pinged around 1 AM in Grand Bay. Well, no. He didn't. We know that he killed himself during the daytime. That part doesn't make any sense.

I just have to say...it throws a twist into things that DH was to be arrested the day he killed himself. He either killed himself because he did something to Brittney, or he killed himself because he knew he was about to be exposed and his life would be over. Or both.

Some one needs to ask that this media group edit their story to change the statement that she told her family she was going to visit DH, unless she did, infact, tell them where she was going.

Yes, and the media needs to be updated on the fact that the reports that BW's phone was turned on six days after she disappeared are not true. The family made a mistake and assumed it was so, but Zeaus clarified that it was not factual info. I saw a new report a few days ago that still shows this information. I did notify the news agency but it would be much more effective if a family member could call them and let them know that was a mistaken assumpton.

GREAT NEWS!!! I was just notified that MPD has decided to flag Brittney's entry and add her to the NCMEC database. Looks like the attention, especially on the local and state levels within the media, public and LE agencies, may have caused them to give a little. Now, maybe we will learn more soon.

GREAT NEWS!!! I was just notified that MPD has decided to flag Brittney's entry and add her to the NCMEC database. Looks like the attention, especially on the local and state levels within the media, public and LE agencies, may have caused them to give a little. Now, maybe we will learn more soon.

Glad to hear it, but I am so extremely PO'd that this hasn't happened a long time ago. Sorry to be Debbie Downer but the recent statement from WH that items belonging to BW were found in the home at Styx River are making me... :banghead:. I hope it's not too late to help BW.

Glad to hear it, but I am so extremely PO'd that this has happened a long time ago. Sorry to be Debbie Downer but the recent statement from WH that items belonging to BW were found in the home at Styx River are making me... :banghead:. I hope it's not too late to help BW.

There is still a long way to go but this is the first breakthrough I believe this family has had in dealing with LE. It may be small but every effort that could offer assistance in finding the truth about what happened is very much welcomed. As to the whether it will help or not, only time will tell. It can't hurt though.

The person one of the commenters refers to is listed on BW's facebook page! Please, has someone questioned her? This person also just became friends with WWH....OMG I hope LE has questioned her!

As one of BW's FB friends....and now that person I'm referring to has become FB friends with WWH.

God I hope someone finds BW....for the sanity of BW's family. How can I contact ABI or FBI to get them involved. Is there an email address?

God I hope someone finds BW....for the sanity of BW's family. How can I contact ABI or FBI to get them involved. Is there an email address?

ABI and the FBI, as well as other agencies, are involved in Brittney's case as support entities. The MPD has jurisdiction and is the leading investigating agency. State and Federal agencies have offered assistance to the MPD. MPD has stated, by contact with the family, that they are going to register Brittney with the NCMEC so that will allow some resources to become available that were previously not. I applaud the MPD for taking this action and hope that this may pave the way for continued cooperation between the family/supporters and LE. We need them and they need us.

From one of the posters on the FOX10 facebook page that mentioned Hippie Beach...here are a couple links that give a description...

Having A Blast on Hippie Beach
http://www.al.com/news/press-register/index.ssf?/base/news/1216026906233500.xml&coll=3

Hippie Beach Video - rope swingers
http://videos.al.com/mobile-press-register/2008/07/hippie_beach.html

Alabama Swimming Holes
There is also a site that features Alabama Swimming Holes...assuming "Hippie Hole" is also "Hippie Beach" ---- you have to scroll down to the Little River Canyon Area section and it's the second and third listed. (look at the photos)
If this isn't the correct place please let me know and I will delete this part!
http://www.swimmingholes.org/al.html

I just have to say...it throws a twist into things that DH was to be arrested the day he killed himself. He either killed himself because he did something to Brittney, or he killed himself because he knew he was about to be exposed and his life would be over. Or both.

Do we know he was to be arrested or was he just to be interviewed again that day? Sorry if I missed it.

Do we know he was to be arrested or was he just to be interviewed again that day? Sorry if I missed it.
It's my understanding that he had a second interview that day, and he had already failed a lie detector test.

I work at a hotel and one of our guests is from Tillmans Corner. I asked him about this truck stop and he said it is well known for "Lot Lizards" (his words) and drugs.

Her clothing and her daughter's presents being at the Styx River House changed everything for me. I no longer think she left on her own. I don't think she would have left without giving her daughter her presents. Where are you Brittney????? Your baby girl needs you and your mom and dad are going through hell. Maybe today will be the day.:please:

One thing I was wondering about those gifts- he said he knew they been given to "her" on May 12 for her birthday. But did he mean the baby, or given to Brittney to give to the baby? And that they were "unwrapped". Does this mean still gift wrapped as in never received by the baby, or opened but never removed from the store packaging?

It makes a difference to me. It could mean that she had them somewhere once and DID go there with some baby toys in her bag that night, possibly thinking she'd be back in the next few days. Or that they had been sitting there still in their gift wrap for awhile. It's pretty difficult to carry around gifts with wrapping paper intact.

Or the toys couls have been opened but left in the packaging at the house at an earlier date. Still, I for some reason think it makes a difference. If baby items were left there,

I think there was a reason. Even if it was just as simple as she planned to be back.

One thing I was wondering about those gifts- he said he knew they been given to "her" on May 12 for her birthday. But did he mean the baby, or given to Brittney to give to the baby? And that they were "unwrapped". Does this mean still gift wrapped as in never received by the baby, or opened but never removed from the store packaging?

It makes a difference to me. It could mean that she had them somewhere once and DID go there with some baby toys in her bag that night, possibly thinking she'd be back in the next few days. Or that they had been sitting there still in their gift wrap for awhile. It's pretty difficult to carry around gifts with wrapping paper intact.

Or the toys couls have been opened but left in the packaging at the house at an earlier date. Still, I for some reason think it makes a difference. If baby items were left there,
I thought it meant they were still wrapped...as in someone just gave them to her for the baby's second birthday.

I don't know if posting this information on this thread is correct, but I guess I will find out.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/woods-mom-arrests-overshadow-search

BW's dad is responding to posts personally and they are very informative. One in particular is Ryan Evans. Ryan talks about another person and names this person. This female is facebook friends with BW.

Here's the shocker...WWH responds to a post on this females facebook wall!!! This female has some serious issues and LE needs to talk to her ASAP!!!

I am sorry if I broke any rules-I am totally new to this whole situation and apologize in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie