GUILTY CO - Leann 'Annie' Meyer, 51, Wheat Ridge, 23 Feb 2013

also from article:

Police now say Feb. 7 was the last day anyone saw 51-year-old Meyer in person. She left work early, saying she was sick.

Three days later, she spoke on the phone with her mother, and that was her last confirmed phone call.

Police said there was a flood of text messages sent from Meyer's cell phone over the next two weeks, but investigators say they have reason to believe those messages did not all come from Annie.

"She communicated through text message, but only through text message," said Cmdr. Pickett. "And during that period of time, it was her only form of communication."

BBM

wonder what the texts said and who received them????

also from article:

Police now say Feb. 7 was the last day anyone saw 51-year-old Meyer in person. She left work early, saying she was sick.

Three days later, she spoke on the phone with her mother, and that was her last confirmed phone call.

Police said there was a flood of text messages sent from Meyer's cell phone over the next two weeks, but investigators say they have reason to believe those messages did not all come from Annie.

"She communicated through text message, but only through text message," said Cmdr. Pickett. "And during that period of time, it was her only form of communication."

BBM

wonder what the texts said and who received them????

I'm wondering where the cellphone was pinging during those two weeks. There should be some really good information there as to who was really sending the texts.

Oy, the way the link was abbreviated in my view it showed "news...ge-woman-found" and I thought Annie had been located.

I do hope Annie is found soon.

I did too. That wasn't a well written link.....

ITA, The cell phone pings should provide valuable information to LE. I also wonder if they caught her trucks on any cameras.

also from article:

No one answers the door at the home of Melissa Miller’s parents in Lakewood, where a child has written in chalk in the driveway: “We Love you Annie. Come Home!!”

“We all know Annie. We don’t know where she is at. Don’t know anything,” says Miller’s brother-in-law.

Miller’s brother-in-law also says he doesn’t know where Miller is.

“I don’t know. She’s never around,”
he says.

BBM

Hopefully, LE is somehow tracking her whereabouts and/or cell phone.

Nelson Garcia ‏@9NewsEducation
Nearly 150 friends and family turn out to search for any leads in the disappearance of 52-year-old Annie Meyer. #9news

There was also a report Annie’s roommate, Melissa Miller, took a lie detector test, but Annie’s brother says it never happened.

“If she has information, come and tell us, make a statement, do something. As far as we know that’s the last person who saw her as well. Let’s make it happen. It’s tearing on our family’s hearts, Annie’s brother Mark Meyer said.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/03/...oman-expand-the-search-plead-for-information/

This is the report from Melissa's father, that she had taken a poly, but as we see from the report a few posts up, she still hasn't given her statement to the police, and her brother in law doesn't even know where she is.

Trounce said Miller took a lie detector test Thursday afternoon at the request of her lawyer, not police.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/03/...mmate-hires-attorney-takes-lie-detector-test/

This is the report from Melissa's father, that she had taken a poly, but as we see from the report a few posts up, she still hasn't given her statement to the police, and her brother in law doesn't even know where she is.

Trounce said Miller took a lie detector test Thursday afternoon at the request of her lawyer, not police.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/03/...mmate-hires-attorney-takes-lie-detector-test/

This must be so frustrating for Annie's family. They are trying to do everything they can to find her.

One thing I have not realized until recently is just how much open space Colorado has.

Yes, we do have a lot of open space in this area. Wheat Ridge itself has a greenbelt along Clear Creek that is very popular with bikers, walkers and birdwatchers. I just got back from a walking my dog in that greenbelt. Took one of the back trails and kept an eye out for anything out of the ordinary.

Yes, we do have a lot of open space in this area. Wheat Ridge itself has a greenbelt along Clear Creek that is very popular with bikers, walkers and birdwatchers. I just got back from a walking my dog in that greenbelt. Took one of the back trails and kept an eye out for anything out of the ordinary.

Thank you so much for looking. I do not know Annie, but am very concerned for her and her family. They sound like a very loving, caring family and so much want to find Annie.

The roommate was gone before we knew about this on Websleuths. Does it seem strange that no one has put out a missing flyer for her? I wonder if she has a job or works anywhere. She must have friends, family or neighbors that at least have a clue about what she looks like and where she might be. I thought Leann's face book might have a picture, but it really looks so bare, like it has been edited or parts deleted. I feel that finding the roommate will help find Leann, and hope that LE can make that happen soon.

Just wanted to mention that dependent upon her settings it's probably just that we can't see anything on her account because we are not "friends" with her. On one of her profile pictures (which is public due to the timeline switch at FB) you can see that 19 people "Liked" her photos, and there were 8 comments, iirc. So, she has at least that many friends through facebook, but she chose not to share that information with the public.

It is also why likely it says there are no photos in her albums - if they're set to "friends only" in permissions we wouldn't be able to see any of that either. It's the way my account is set up, except for the few pictures I've "opened up" due to wanting to share them with groups at FB where some people aren't my friends, or friends of friends, but have an interest in the pics themselves (pics from High School, pics from my old dance troupe, pics from musicals I was in at my old church, etc...)

IMO too many keep their FB accounts "public", frankly. It's sometimes risky when it comes to id theft and the like - or predators who are looking for young teens/kids...

ETA: It's also suggested NOT to have your FB set to public due to job searches and the like. That you still have some control or privacy when it comes to employers wanting to snoop you out before hiring/interviews.

Checking in to see if there was anything new.

Where are you, Annie? Your friends and family are worried. We're worried too!

:candle:

Checking for any news on Annie. Just wondering what the average time is to process a truck and suv for evidence. I hope LE is getting some good tips and information, even if they are not letting the public know anything right now. Hoping for Annie to be located soon.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/03/...-missing-womans-friend-on-search-of-her-home/

Investigators searched the home of a missing woman from Wheat Ridge again Monday morning.

Members of Leann “Annie” Meyer’s family were present during the search. A detective told CBS4 the house has not been released to the family yet.

One of Meyer’s friends also went through the house with investigators and told them nothing seemed out of place.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...omans-family-organizes-search-from-hotel-room

Posted: 03/19/2013
Last Updated: 5 hours ago
Jaclyn Allen

WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. - The Meyer family has converted a crowded, Wheat Ridge hotel room into a war room.

Missing_woman_s_family_organizes_search_412190000_389019_ver1.0_320_240.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back